Author Topic: Arne Slot confirmed  (Read 94014 times)

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arne Slot confirmed
« Reply #440 on: May 24, 2024, 12:04:15 am »
I'd argue the biggest worry isn't the status of players, but the amount of high intensity games means more squad rotation if it's to work. I don't think that is something he would have had to deal with at Feyenoord?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #441 on: May 24, 2024, 01:28:28 am »
Well come the Klopp announcement i thought we were truly fucked. But then fsg goes out and completely impossibly gets the entire front office band back together, to boot with the aim of creating a whole global enterprise to support us, and the appointed ones then data picked this guy, and he really does look and sound like a really good guy and a really good fit. The whole thing is a dramatic improvement from the tf starting position.

not gonna lie im getting a little jazzed about it. lets see what he can do with the players. Hes been very good to date and is now being handed some very good young players to work with.  He could well be rubbing his hands like Micheal Owen.  ;D  "im gonna try this, im gonna try that".  The whole transfer market and training camp sagas are going to be a tilt a whirl at the carnival also. This could be very entertaining.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #442 on: May 24, 2024, 01:50:17 am »
Assistant TO THE regional manager.

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2024, 03:40:25 am »

Offline collytum

• Anny Roader
« Reply #444 on: May 24, 2024, 06:52:48 am »
Tough job ahead for Arne, I just hope there is some decent transfer activity as we do need it. Klopp was able to work wonders with a limited budget, my fear is that the owners are expecting the same from  Slot.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #445 on: May 24, 2024, 07:25:32 am »
Super excited about his first game in charge . Even pre-season friendlies give good clues as to what we can look forward to.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: May 24, 2024, 07:55:21 am »
so Chelsea and Man utd looking at MCkenna and Maresca
Bayern Kompany
We have went about our business much more concise than those clubs

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2024, 08:27:24 am »
so Chelsea and Man utd looking at MCkenna and Maresca
Bayern Kompany
We have went about our business much more concise than those clubs
Damn straight.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2024, 08:34:17 am »
There seems to be only two opinions allowed either everything goes smimmingly or turns to shit. It isn't black and white and we should be allowed to have opinions that are shades of gray without being branded negative or miserable.
As I said Al mate I didn't want to appear to be nasty. Re there can only be two opinions, most posters can't keep up with half the threads on the main forum because they increase so fast with a range of opinions :)
Take care mate.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: May 24, 2024, 09:04:05 am »
I'd argue the biggest worry isn't the status of players, but the amount of high intensity games means more squad rotation if it's to work. I don't think that is something he would have had to deal with at Feyenoord?
He had the deal with multiple games a week but yea PL so much more intense along with combining it with the CL. It wont be a shock if there an adjustment period with it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2024, 10:20:49 am »

Managing an elite club in this Country is like a juggler attempting to keep half a dozen balls in the air. Ideally, a new coach wants a small group so he can first get his ideas across and bed in the way he wants to play. Then he wants his players to build an understanding and get into what Klopp would call a rhythm.

Unfortunately because of the demands of the game in this Country if you are playing in the CL and have pretty much a whole squad that disappears every international break. Then you simply can't have that small group of players. You need a massive squad of quality players.

The thing though is how do you keep the players who aren't starting happy and involved. Klopp was an absolute master of it. Even so last season for me there was that much rotation that for me it felt we never got a settled starting 11 and never really found our rhythm. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2024, 10:24:55 am »
They should be well used to it by now, they all know they can't play each and every game, they've had years of it
Jurgen YNWA

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2024, 10:33:26 am »
Slots biggest challenge / change for me is getting a consistent starting 11, yes it will have players dip in and out but having that solid core who understand eachother and the tactics and the backup players being similar. It can't't be easy if we're going from Nunez to Gakpo as the 9, or Trent and his skillset as the inverted fullback to the likes of Gomez to Elliot deputising for Salah etc.

We need to keep the players fit, having so many players disappear for a month at incredibly frequent number meant we were never settled.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2024, 10:34:27 am »
My biggest worry is the Slot is just a front man for a team to tow the party line with little say in players bought and sold etc. Part of me suspects this shift contributed to Klopp leaving (see the 'coach' comment during the farewell which could be seen as a dig).

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense considering the shift has come because of Klopp leaving and after it was announced that he was going.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2024, 10:38:48 am »
Not to be nasty Al but all of the questions you pose go without saying anyway. Honestly sometimes you're insufferable and as I've said to others I'd hate to live a life of present and prescient negativity and misery.

I’m going to breach your copyright on this and reuse it ad nauseum. ;D

Nit about Al though, that would be piling Pelion on Ossa.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2024, 12:06:40 pm »
Anyway, has their been any news on when his first press conference is? Should have done it today, totally diverted attention from ADFC ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2024, 12:11:25 pm »
My biggest worry is the Slot is just a front man for a team to tow the party line with little say in players bought and sold etc. Part of me suspects this shift contributed to Klopp leaving (see the 'coach' comment during the farewell which could be seen as a dig).
The grassiest of knolls
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2024, 12:18:28 pm »
I messaged my Dutch friend, who is a massive Feyenoord fan, for his thoughts about Arne ... and to apologise for stealing his manager. This was his reply ...

"I don't blame you for stealing our top coach, like you did before with Dirk Kuijt. We're happy that he's leaving for a proper team. Last year he almost left for Tottenham. We'll sure miss him, but it was inevitable. He's really good, could become as good as Jurgen Klopp. He made Feyenoord from average to a top team. This year we were really good in Champions League, playing better than Atletico Madrid. But unfortunately, we need to learn to be smarter and cleverer.

He's a brilliant tactician, always remains calm, gives very nice and friendly interviews, replies to critical questions with humour and never gets angry. You don't see that a lot. And, most important, he's capable to get every player to perform better than before. For example, Kokcu, was an average player, and a difficult person with problems in his family. He gave him attention and trust, and within half a year he became captain and the best player on the pitch. After his transfer to Portugal, he never reached that level again. And there a more examples like that.

I hope that this convinced you. Give the man some time, and he'll probably become one of the best coaches you ever had."

High praise. I was on board anyway. I thought his leaving videos at Feyenoord showed Klopp-like characteristics. But I'm further reassured by my friends comments. He was spot on about Dirk Kuyt at the time ... he said then that Kuyt would never be the best player in the world, but we would love him because he always worked 100% for the good of the team.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #459 on: May 24, 2024, 12:29:59 pm »
Anyway, has their been any news on when his first press conference is? Should have done it today, totally diverted attention from ADFC ;D

It’s actually ADFC115*

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: May 24, 2024, 01:31:11 pm »

I wonder is he vaccinated?  :butt

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: May 24, 2024, 01:36:42 pm »
The only manager in the world who *might* have come in to replace Klopp with no questionmarks is possibly Guardiola, but even he would have questions over whether he can work with a reduced budget compared to what he has before. Every manager in the world brings an element of risk. Every single manager we had been linked with has question marks eg Alonso's experience, and Amorim/Slot both having to step up from a much inferior league. When we appointed Klopp in 2015 it was as close to the perfect fit and guaranteed success as any managerial appointment could be - that happens once in a generation. Guardiola went to Bayern for 3 years and if anything under-achieved.

Edit: I think back to when Kenny came in for Hodgson and we had a great end to that season, I was thinking it was a perfect blend of a legendary figure-head plus a very highly rated assistant (Steve Clark), but the following season it completely unraveled (in the league anyway).

Can you imagine how we would be feeling now if we were close to appointing Vincent Kompany? And Bayern are one of only 4-5 clubs in the world with a similar or better stature and history as us.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 01:40:00 pm by kaesarsosei »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: May 24, 2024, 02:11:29 pm »
Hat and scarf said Slot is on Merseyside, saw him yesterday.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: May 24, 2024, 02:26:26 pm »

Totally what's happening. Huge dig at him by Klopp.

Also - he was just embarrassing him when he sang his name and got the stadium to join in.

(If you have a newsletter - I'd be happy to chuck in a few dollars a month).

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: May 24, 2024, 02:38:02 pm »
Considering Klopp's influence grew and grew during his time here, to suggest he left due to a lack of control is baffling at best.

On a different note, I initially wrote "he's leaving" and then realised it's past tense, he's already gone.

Rough.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: May 24, 2024, 02:45:02 pm »

Probably just some random bald fella out buying a hat.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: May 24, 2024, 02:45:40 pm »

I'm sure you have bigger worries.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: May 24, 2024, 02:46:43 pm »
I'm sure you have bigger worries.

You've heard the rumours too then?

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: May 24, 2024, 02:48:51 pm »
You've heard the rumours too then?

:D

I've read the PMs.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2024, 03:05:44 pm »

Yeah the TAW lads mentioned that he'd apparently been to Anfield. Nice that it's lowkey if he's in the neighbourhood, give him a chance to get a feel for the place without being immediately recognisable.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2024, 03:19:23 pm »

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2024, 03:23:14 pm »
Yeah the TAW lads mentioned that he'd apparently been to Anfield. Nice that it's lowkey if he's in the neighbourhood, give him a chance to get a feel for the place without being immediately recognisable.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/arne-slot-arrives-in-liverpool-ahead-of-official-unveiling/

Already finding the posh places to eat.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2024, 03:28:28 pm »
Already in Liverpool. Was supposed to turn up next Wednesday.  :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2024, 03:39:26 pm »
https://x.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1793994913928859909

Pep Lijnders on new #LFC head coach Arne Slot:

“He came to my house in Holland about nine years ago. Since then we've stayed in close contact. He's an unbelievable coach.
"You need a coach like Arne who is close to what we tried to do over the years in terms of having the ball in the opposition half, pressing, counter-pressing. He's made good steps and now it's the chance for him to make another big step.
"I believe the best ones of Liverpool always came in this manner where they grew with the team to become something extraordinary. Arne has everything in him to be a success here."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2024, 05:36:23 pm »

It would make sense for him to do any interviews for the club channels and sort out his new house before going on holiday for a bit.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2024, 05:38:48 pm »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2024, 05:39:39 pm »
Totally what's happening. Huge dig at him by Klopp.

Also - he was just embarrassing him when he sang his name and got the stadium to join in.

(If you have a newsletter - I'd be happy to chuck in a few dollars a month).

:D

I don't know when but this place lost it's fucking mind.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2024, 05:43:04 pm »
He'll get all the support he needs in the ground and that's all that matters!

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2024, 05:44:43 pm »

Basically saying klopp been lying to liverpool fans for last 5 months  ::)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: May 24, 2024, 05:49:48 pm »
It would make sense for him to do any interviews for the club channels and sort out his new house before going on holiday for a bit.

His new house is the one Kloppo vacated.  :D

He is paying a visit to the training centre in Kirkby today.