Author Topic: Arne Slot confirmed  (Read 94238 times)

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arne Slot confirmed
« Reply #520 on: May 25, 2024, 12:55:05 pm »
We start the season away far more than we should.

The games I hate at the start of a season are one of the newly promoted teams away. The team is used to winning and the crowd is well up for it.

Last 3 seasons we had Norwich, Fulham and Chelsea all away.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: May 25, 2024, 12:56:20 pm »
Sorry Don't know how to import the image
But if anyone can

Right click the image, click open in new tab - copy the url. The click the image tags ([ img]  [ /img)  and paste the link in the middle (they're a lot closer together than this)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 12:58:12 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #522 on: May 25, 2024, 01:22:12 pm »
Noticed we have 3 jobs working with the first  team advertised on linked in  , is that normal … thought we would just know people that suit the position perfectly and we just go after them than advertise jobs .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 01:46:23 pm by rocco »

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: May 25, 2024, 01:27:18 pm »
Noticed we have 3 jobs working with the first  team advertised on linked in  , is that normal … thought we would just know people that suit the rules perfectly and we just go after them than advertise jobs .

I think legally you have to advertise, especially internally? I may be wrong….but give the opportunity for someone to move internally…..although unlikely still needs to be done.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #524 on: May 25, 2024, 01:35:48 pm »

We requested an away game last season because of the stadium work.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #525 on: May 25, 2024, 01:48:14 pm »
I think legally you have to advertise, especially internally? I may be wrong….but give the opportunity for someone to move internally…..although unlikely still needs to be done.

My old job , even though was moving people internally into a new role , had to advertise externally even though job was already filled from our current staff .

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: May 25, 2024, 01:56:59 pm »
Arne's at Anfield today. So if you're doing the tour have a look out.  ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: May 25, 2024, 02:07:48 pm »
I'd like that. 😃

I went to see Mogwai once. Some patient build-up. Always in control. Then they hit you with a wall of noise that leaves you pasted to the rear wall of the venue.

Bring it on...

Was listening to Yes I Am a Long Way From Home today, great song!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #528 on: May 25, 2024, 04:45:16 pm »

Since the start of the Premier League.

1992/93 Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool

1993/94 Liverpool 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday

1994/95 Crystal Palace 1-6 Liverpool

1995/96 Liverpool 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday

1996/97 Middlesbrough 3-3 Liverpool

1997/98 Wimbledon 1-1 Liverpool

1998/99 Southampton 1-2 Liverpool

1999/00 Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Liverpool

2000/01 Liverpool 1-0 Bradford

2001/02 Liverpool 2-1 West Ham

2002/03 Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool

2003/04 Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea

2004/05 Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool

2005/06 Middlesbrough 0-0 Liverpool

2006/07 Sheffield Utd 1-1 Liverpool

2007/08 Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool

2008/09 Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool

2009/10 Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

2010/11 Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

2011/12 Liverpool 1-1 Sunderland

2012/13 West Brom 3-0 Liverpool

2013/14 Liverpool 1-0 Stoke

2014/15 Liverpool 2-1 Southampton

2015/16 Stoke 0-1 Liverpool

2016/17 Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool

2017/18 Watford 3-3 Liverpool

2018/19 Liverpool 4-0 West Ham

2019/20 Liverpool 4-1 Norwich

2020/21 Liverpool 4-3 Leeds

2021/22 Norwich 0-3 Liverpool

2022/23 Fulham 2-2 Liverpool

2023/24 Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

So start at home 12 times versus start away 20 times. Even if you take out the seasons we have requested starting away that is still 12 at home versus 18 away.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2024, 04:57:14 pm »

Thought the ‘advertising’ only applies to pub sec jobs.  Not aware of constraints re private sector recruitment, although many do advertise if someone internal isn’t available to be shoehorned in.

Could be completely wrong on that.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #530 on: May 25, 2024, 05:03:50 pm »
Thought the ‘advertising’ only applies to pub sec jobs.  Not aware of constraints re private sector recruitment, although many do advertise if someone internal isn’t available to be shoehorned in.

Could be completely wrong on that.

Some accreditations that businesses receive require 'advertising' of vacancies. It is seen as best practice and helps with compliance regarding discrimination.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2024, 05:14:19 pm »
Right click the image, click open in new tab - copy the url. The click the image tags ([ img]  [ /img)  and paste the link in the middle (they're a lot closer together than this)

Cheers

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: May 25, 2024, 06:41:32 pm »
https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1794365336361300130

Trent:

"I have trust in the club and who we've appointed. As a player, that’s all you can ask for. To trust the higher ups. I’m sure it will be a smooth transition.”

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: May 25, 2024, 07:05:20 pm »
The higher ups? He doesn't even know their names. He's off.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #534 on: May 25, 2024, 07:13:13 pm »

Is it Michael Schmadtke, Julian Hughes, Richard Ward or Jorg Edwards though?

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #535 on: May 25, 2024, 08:59:06 pm »
Would be nice to get a favourable run of games to start, ideally home game first.
Wouldn’t want to have a tough away game like last year.

I think all the big clubs will be starting the season without some international players. There will be plenty of clubs starting the season with new managers that weren't as carefully recruited as Slot. We could be at an advantage because of our deep squad of hungry young players who can do the business and out to impress a new boss that won't be out to make huge changes to tactics, style or the squad. I am very optimistic for the start of the season.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: May 25, 2024, 09:56:02 pm »
Is it Michael Schmadtke, Julian Hughes, Richard Ward or Jorg Edwards though?

That post screwed with my head 😁
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: May 26, 2024, 03:07:16 am »
I think all the big clubs will be starting the season without some international players. There will be plenty of clubs starting the season with new managers that weren't as carefully recruited as Slot. We could be at an advantage because of our deep squad of hungry young players who can do the business and out to impress a new boss that won't be out to make huge changes to tactics, style or the squad. I am very optimistic for the start of the season.
Same thoughts here but I still hope we get a easy'ish start for once as it will help Slot settle in easier with the Euros/Copa shite.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: May 26, 2024, 03:19:02 am »

Jesus, Espíritu Santo, Deus
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: May 26, 2024, 07:15:18 am »
When are we getting a presser? 1st June perhaps?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #540 on: May 26, 2024, 11:28:26 am »
Jesus, Espíritu Santo, Deus

The Wolves manager? :o

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #541 on: May 26, 2024, 11:59:33 am »
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: May 26, 2024, 04:53:01 pm »
https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1794737256755794255

Virgil Van Dijk

“I have full trust in the club & the decisions going forward. Obviously change is unknown, but I’m looking forward to the new season. We’re gonna work our socks off. We have a good coach coming & a very good team.”

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: May 26, 2024, 05:14:20 pm »
The more I read, & hear, about Arne, the more optimistic I am about our future under him. He seems a very laid back, confident, sort of guy who the players will hopefully warm to. He'll certainly have the right tools to work with at Anfield & I've no doubt FSG will be generous in backing him with players who can make a difference. Roll on next season.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: May 26, 2024, 10:09:48 pm »
I love the fact that he’s always smiling and laughing. He looks like he has the confidence of a winner.

Offline T. Finn

• Main Stander
« Reply #545 on: May 26, 2024, 10:43:45 pm »
Very much looking forward to the first official interview, I hope it drops on the 1st

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: May 26, 2024, 10:49:31 pm »
Very much looking forward to the first official interview, I hope it drops on the 1st

They’ve had to delay it as he’s been asked to grow some stubble and find a cap that fits.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #547 on: May 26, 2024, 11:13:57 pm »
They’ve had to delay it as he’s been asked to grow some stubble and find a cap that fits.
I believe he's buying some glasses when the shops open on Tuesday as well.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2024, 07:57:46 am »
I love the fact that he’s always smiling and laughing. He looks like he has the confidence of a winner.
Having a strong character is key for this role (even if we park the fact he is following a legend in this respect). Our fans appreciate a hard, credible and humorous leader and we can sense when strong character is not there. Early signs look positive.
I hope Arne comes in confident and with authority. He needs to drive the agenda with the club, fans,  Prem League, PGMOL and the media. I also hope he sets his standards high on quality of play and of signings. Even if he is not called “manager”, he should insist on the best standards and best talents. I hope that , over time as he proves himself, he can deserve his versions of Mo, Virgil, Ali, Fab etc.  That must be his mindset, and the mindset of the suits around him.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2024, 11:53:53 am »
All clubs will be affected- big and small, and it will be their key players who will either be injured, on extended pre-season, some will be fatigued, some will need match fitness/sharpness.

International cup years have always had an impact, but of course- it will be all of us.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2024, 12:01:51 pm »
The more I read, & hear, about Arne, the more optimistic I am about our future under him. He seems a very laid back, confident, sort of guy who the players will hopefully warm to. He'll certainly have the right tools to work with at Anfield & I've no doubt FSG will be generous in backing him with players who can make a difference. Roll on next season.
Yep- and the good thing is there are no duplicity and uncertainty around his job and duties. It's not a Ten Hag situation, so it should be a fairly "seemless" transfer- under the circumstances.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2024, 12:04:20 pm »
Having a strong character is key for this role (even if we park the fact he is following a legend in this respect). Our fans appreciate a hard, credible and humorous leader and we can sense when strong character is not there. Early signs look positive.
I hope Arne comes in confident and with authority. He needs to drive the agenda with the club, fans,  Prem League, PGMOL and the media. I also hope he sets his standards high on quality of play and of signings. Even if he is not called “manager”, he should insist on the best standards and best talents. I hope that , over time as he proves himself, he can deserve his versions of Mo, Virgil, Ali, Fab etc.  That must be his mindset, and the mindset of the suits around him.
I do think we have made provision for that sort of trust. It's the type of environment that we've created.

Offline HARD AS HELL

• Main Stander
  • Hitachi
« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2024, 12:09:40 pm »
[quote author=Eeyore link=topic=356066.msg19464149#msg19464149
So start at home 12 times versus start away 20 times. Even if you take out the seasons we have requested starting away that is still 12 at home versus 18 away.
[/quote]

Bless 🙄

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2024, 02:31:37 pm »
Vincent Kompany to Bayern (after an embarrassing manager search).

Enzo Maresca to Chelsea

Kieran Mckenna currently favourite for the United job.

Hansi Flick to Barcelona

Crazy. Whether it works out or not, was important we got it sorted promptly and after a thorough process to find the right fit for the squad.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2024, 02:36:02 pm »
Vincent Kompany to Bayern (after an embarrassing manager search).

Enzo Maresca to Chelsea

Kieran Mckenna currently favourite for the United job.

Hansi Flick to Barcelona

Crazy. Whether it works out or not, was important we got it sorted promptly and after a thorough process to find the right fit for the squad.

Been sounding out De Zerbi according to the Guardians report this afternoon
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2024, 02:45:28 pm »
https://x.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1795060689695896040

Ruben Peeters' agency confirm he will join Arne Slot and Sipke Hulsoff at Liverpool, taking on the title of First Team Lead Physical Performance Coach.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2024, 02:57:16 pm »
https://x.com/LewisSteele_/status/1795064230422437947

Ruben Peeters’ agency has confirmed his move to Liverpool as Physical Performance Coach.

A key member of Arne Slot’s inner circle. At Feyenoord and Genk he worked on DNA epigenetics, microbiology manipulations and how sleep improves performance. #LFC

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2024, 02:58:18 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #558 on: May 27, 2024, 02:59:45 pm »
https://x.com/LewisSteele_/status/1795064230422437947

I prefer our players being epigenetically, microbiologically manipulated...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2024, 03:48:18 pm »