Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 246961 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #1560 on: April 1, 2024, 12:25:33 am »
BBC headline calls them ‘Steely’. It was some lower league shit done with good players. Klopp goes there with kids and says ‘this is how we play’, Artera goes there with a full team and says ‘a point might save us from relegation’.

Such a difference in mentality.  And it’s the reason that we are where we are right now. 

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1561 on: April 1, 2024, 01:06:39 am »
I think we will win 6 draw 2 and lose 1 of our remaining games  =  87pts

Arsenal and City can finish on 92 and 91 respectively. They will both drop points in 2 games.  It's going to be close and might even end up being decided by GD.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #1562 on: April 1, 2024, 01:08:14 am »
We took them too seriously in the past by building ourselves up too much. It's a football game and we're better at football.
We need to play the game and not the occasion.

If we do that, we should beat them no bother.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: April 1, 2024, 03:22:52 am »
We need to play the game and not the occasion.

If we do that, we should beat them no bother.

I'll keep saying it until this forum gets sick of hearing it.

We have taken better sides to Old Trafford and drawn or lost. 

It's both the hold that Old Trafford has over our players in league games and the clash of styles between Klopp's attacking style and any Man U manager who is willing to put all 10 men behind the ball in a home game.  You can insult them all you like about that way of play, it's not going to change their willingness to resort to such desperate tactics to stop us winning a title.

Oh and by the way, those tactics work against us, why change them?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1564 on: April 1, 2024, 03:32:30 am »
^^^ What you said stands. But we just need to make sure we outfit the front three with their shooting boots. We are not bad at creating chances, we suck at taking them. That's how they won the last game when it could have been 3-4 goals advantage to us.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #1565 on: April 1, 2024, 03:42:11 am »
Yep, and Brighton were also unbeaten against us for four games. De Zerbi never losing to Klopp. Those two records are gone now. This is the business end of the season, no room for pity wins/draws to keep ETH at Utd for another season.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #1566 on: April 1, 2024, 04:06:42 am »
The crazy 4 away games in a row at the end of April is the decider.

Gonna be a wild ride.
20 and 7

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1567 on: April 1, 2024, 05:19:32 am »
Just win all of our remaining games then we are champ, easy!
Believer

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1568 on: April 1, 2024, 05:19:42 am »
The crazy 4 away games in a row at the end of April is the decider.

Gonna be a wild ride.

First the United game, those c*nts will turn up at their stadium.

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1569 on: April 1, 2024, 05:21:07 am »
Arsenal will win the league under Arteta eventually, maybe not this season but they'll win the league in the next 5 years, young team.

You will have people claiming Arteta > Klopp in a few years.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: April 1, 2024, 06:59:28 am »
It's nice to have that little goal difference cushion on city as well. We know they can wipe it out quickly but we've got a good chance to extend that in the week. Most important thing is to just get the win of course but with the gap at three it feels a bit more like four if we can get ahead further on GD.

Exciting times ahead. The international break was torture, 2 more massive games to come this week, although I've only just realised we have to wait until Thursday for our game. Can Villa do us a favour on Wednesday?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1571 on: April 1, 2024, 07:21:59 am »
It's nice to have that little goal difference cushion on city as well. We know they can wipe it out quickly but we've got a good chance to extend that in the week. Most important thing is to just get the win of course but with the gap at three it feels a bit more like four if we can get ahead further on GD.

Exciting times ahead. The international break was torture, 2 more massive games to come this week, although I've only just realised we have to wait until Thursday for our game. Can Villa do us a favour on Wednesday?

Said somewhere else that City have drawn 5 of their 15 home games this season which is a bit mad. Apart from Arsenal (and us) most of those games have ended up being a bit mad and higher scoring suggesting they’re more vulnerable to sides with a bit of pace and firepower. So Villa definitely have a chance I think. You can see a world where Bailey or Diaby hurt them. Although think someone mentioned Watkins might be out?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1572 on: April 1, 2024, 07:24:01 am »
The week with three aways in a row is season-defining. Three difficult away games in a row. Ugh.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: April 1, 2024, 07:27:13 am »
Get Jota fit asap.

He is the difference in these tight games. Someone who will take a chance and give us a cushion instead of a nervy ending like yesterday.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #1574 on: April 1, 2024, 07:28:04 am »
The week with three aways in a row is season-defining. Three difficult away games in a row. Ugh.
Fullham and West Ham are having pretty average seasons and have little to play for. I'm less concerned about those fixtures.
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: April 1, 2024, 07:31:14 am »
Fullham and West Ham are having pretty average seasons and have little to play for. I'm less concerned about those fixtures.

Fulham away isn't a good fixture at any time of the season. You don't know what West Ham turn up these days. They comprehensively beat Arsenal at home.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: April 1, 2024, 07:31:45 am »
Get Jota fit asap.

He is the difference in these tight games. Someone who will take a chance and give us a cushion instead of a nervy ending like yesterday.

For the run-in, Jota is now more key for us than Allison.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: April 1, 2024, 07:33:10 am »
^^^ What you said stands. But we just need to make sure we outfit the front three with their shooting boots. We are not bad at creating chances, we suck at taking them. That's how they won the last game when it could have been 3-4 goals advantage to us.

I just don't agree with using the FA Cup game as a reference - which many seem to be.  Cup games and league games are always different beasts and invariably when the same 2 teams match-up from cup to league or vice versa, the games are completely different.

Draws do no one any good in a cup game, so in many respects ETH was happy to be more daring.

99% probability in my mind that Man U sit everyone behind the ball and ask us to break them down.  History shows we create very few chances in that scenario and either it ends 0-0 / 1-1 or Man U win.

I love Klopp, but the reality is that there are certain managers - Ancelotti - and certain grounds - Old Trafford - where his style and teams are a bad matchup.

Typically when we've won at Old Trafford under Klopp its been because they actually played to win and we were afforded space to attack - certainly true of the last time we won there.  I can only hope ETH wakes up on Sunday and is feeling frisky.. :lickin

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: April 1, 2024, 07:34:01 am »
Said somewhere else that City have drawn 5 of their 15 home games this season which is a bit mad. Apart from Arsenal (and us) most of those games have ended up being a bit mad and higher scoring suggesting they’re more vulnerable to sides with a bit of pace and firepower. So Villa definitely have a chance I think. You can see a world where Bailey or Diaby hurt them. Although think someone mentioned Watkins might be out?
Just saw that about Watkins- potential hamstring injury which would be frustrating because you're right, their pace could really hurt City. Bailey and Diaby are superb though.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #1579 on: April 1, 2024, 07:52:06 am »
Fulham away isn't a good fixture at any time of the season. You don't know what West Ham turn up these days. They comprehensively beat Arsenal at home.
I've never heard this before. Of course, any team can play and win on their day but... We have won 12 of our last 14 league matches against West ham (under Klopp), and 7 of our last 10 league games against Fullham. Score 1 goal against Fullham and great odds we win. 2 of our unsuccessful games against Fullham came during 2020/21 when we had that terrible injury crisis and only got 69 points in total.

It's a minor point, but United, Spurs, and Aston Villa actually have winning records this season and are pushing for European spots.
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: April 1, 2024, 07:59:50 am »
Just saw that about Watkins- potential hamstring injury which would be frustrating because you're right, their pace could really hurt City. Bailey and Diaby are superb though.

And annoyingly won't keep him out long enough to miss our game.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1581 on: April 1, 2024, 08:01:58 am »
Crystal Palace will get something against 115.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: April 1, 2024, 08:15:28 am »

Didn’t Arsenal annihilate them 6-0?

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #1583 on: April 1, 2024, 08:18:34 am »
I reckon Villa and Spurs will take points off Arsenal and Abu Dhabi. Can see Brighton winning against Arsenal too but doubt they can take points off Abu Dhabi unfortunately.

United, West Ham and Everton away are the most concerning remaining games for us imo. All 3 are shit but you never know which team will turn up, especially as 2 of those are derbies.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: April 1, 2024, 09:01:59 am »
Both City and Arsenal now have tough decisions to make. Go all out for both PL & CL or concentrate on one of them.

Reason I say that is because both teams who they play in the CL can afford to rest all their main players this weekend if they want too. Madrid 8 points clear in their league and BM have conceded defeat in their title race.

City and Arsenal do have good squads but it will be decision time come the weekend on what to do.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: April 1, 2024, 09:10:38 am »
Both City and Arsenal now have tough decisions to make. Go all out for both PL & CL or concentrate on one of them.

Reason I say that is because both teams who they play in the CL can afford to rest all their main players this weekend if they want too. Madrid 8 points clear in their league and BM have conceded defeat in their title race.

City and Arsenal do have good squads but it will be decision time come the weekend on what to do.

I think Arsenal and City will both progress to the semi-final.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1586 on: April 1, 2024, 09:18:11 am »
Didn’t Arsenal annihilate them 6-0?

Arsenal beat them away and West Ham beat them at Emirates.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: April 1, 2024, 09:27:06 am »

Really? Think it will be tough for both of them myself. One of them might but doubt both will.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1588 on: April 1, 2024, 09:40:00 am »
I've never heard this before. Of course, any team can play and win on their day but... We have won 12 of our last 14 league matches against West ham (under Klopp), and 7 of our last 10 league games against Fullham. Score 1 goal against Fullham and great odds we win. 2 of our unsuccessful games against Fullham came during 2020/21 when we had that terrible injury crisis and only got 69 points in total.

It's a minor point, but United, Spurs, and Aston Villa actually have winning records this season and are pushing for European spots.

Concern with Fulham/West Ham is when the games fall. Fulham away after Atalanta away and West Ham away on the Saturday 12:30 after Everton away. All 4 of those games are in 9 days.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: April 1, 2024, 09:41:08 am »
Concern with Fulham/West Ham is when the games fall. Fulham away after Atalanta away and West Ham away on the Saturday 12:30 after Everton away. All 4 of those games are in 10 days.

West Ham game may be moved to Sunday.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #1590 on: April 1, 2024, 09:45:52 am »
Interesting. I reckon Arsenal will beat Bayern but have a feeling Real will go past City this time.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: April 1, 2024, 09:48:55 am »
Really want Arsenal to beat Bayern. Will give them 2 extra games and an extra days rest for West Ham.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: April 1, 2024, 09:51:07 am »
With players coming back we should definitely be prioritising the league games and make 5+ changes for Europe and resting some key players. League is just so much more of a priority, our squad is strong enough to do this and we've already won something so it's not like we risk ending up with nothing
« Last Edit: April 1, 2024, 09:53:05 am by Chris~ »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: April 1, 2024, 10:06:56 am »

Oddly I think United’s spawny win in the cup might help us. Before that I would be certain that they would park the bus but they may now be deluded into thinking that the way they came at us in the cup game is the best option because they won. I hope they think that way.  In truth while they did cause us problems playing that way, we came back to take the lead and it was only sloppy defending and fatigue in extra time that saw them through.

The key for us is to play our own brand of football but be patient. Don’t go diving in or jumping out of position like we did that day and indeed early yesterday. Get into the game and take a stranglehold much like the second half in the cup except this time actually finish off the opportunities. I hope we’ve been working on our 2 on 1s and 3 on 2s too because we’ll get lots of them if we take the lead.

Sheff Utd first obviously but as fans we can afford to look forward. I genuinely believe what someone above said recently that if we win these first 4 (including Brighton), we’ll see City and Arsenal drop off and look at the CL.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1594 on: April 1, 2024, 10:07:01 am »
City are under massive pressure now
The Villa game is a challenge for them - Villa are a notch down from where they were earlier in the year but without Walker you can see them giving City problems on the counter and they thing is they can’t slip up, they pretty much have to win out or close from here

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: April 1, 2024, 10:11:43 am »
City are under massive pressure now
The Villa game is a challenge for them - Villa are a notch down from where they were earlier in the year but without Walker you can see them giving City problems on the counter and they thing is they can’t slip up, they pretty much have to win out or close from here

Watkins is a huge loss for them in the short term.

Offline Kenrick_66

• Main Stander
« Reply #1596 on: April 1, 2024, 10:14:32 am »

West Ham lost 6-0 at home to Arsenal!

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: April 1, 2024, 10:16:17 am »
Its natural to focus on our own run-in and the tough remaining fixtures - specifically United, Everton and Villa away plus Spurs at home. But we have to remember Arsenal and City fans are having these exact same worries. Do you think Arsenal fans really think they will take 9 points away to Brighton, United & Spurs whilst also having Villa and Chelsea at home? City's fixtures are much easier, to me they have 2 real tough games left - away to Brighton and Spurs. Thats why a City win would have been terrible yesterday and also why we need them to progress to the CL semi and even an FA Cup final against United helps us.

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1598 on: April 1, 2024, 10:20:41 am »
A win at OT, and Liverpool are guaranteed to finish ahead of Man Utd. Ah!, I remember when that was the height of our ambition for a season.
Edit: I forgot, that would also end Man Utd's title ambitions. A draw quite likely to do the same. Any chance Man Utd would come out attack minded knowing they need a win to keep their slim title hopes alive?
« Last Edit: April 1, 2024, 10:36:33 am by jj2005 »

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1599 on: April 1, 2024, 10:23:00 am »
We've won 1 title in 35 years with that title needing us to win 26 of our first 27 to blow away any possible challengers.

PGMOL will have the last laugh, as usual. Expect the corruption to totally ramp up now in the final stretch with next weekend's clash at Barad-Dur sure to feature a refereeing controversy against us

If Klopp wins this league from here it will be the second biggest achievement in the Premier League after Leicester 2015/16.

Pessimism is the only way to deal with the level of cheating we're up against.