Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 630556 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2024, 07:25:54 pm »
Falls out with everyone, history of being a bully as a coach, and plays dogshit football. Short term option and an absolute cock

Haha. . .sums it up nicely. Not to mention those fucking ears, the weird c*nt.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2024, 07:26:39 pm »
Falls out with everyone, history of being a bully as a coach, and plays dogshit football. Short term option and an absolute cock
Yeah, not for me. One thing the next manager has to be is sound. We should have a strict no bellend policy.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2024, 07:26:42 pm »
The market for managers doesn’t seem great at the moment which makes the timing of all this even more frustrating. It feels that the best options out there are a season shy of proving that they are capable of the job. Of course everyone will be a downgrade. We’ll be settling for someone who is in the Arteta realm.

Alonso would be my choice for obvious reasons. Although it feels like he’d be poached by Madrid as soon as they have a vacancy. Also his managerial career is young and I think he’ll be seen as too much of a gamble by the club.

Lots to admire about De Zerbi, and I’d put good money on him being our next manager, but there’s something about him that I just can’t warm to.

Nagelsmann, Ange, Frank would all be very underwhelming.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2024, 07:27:17 pm »
I know J!

Just no way would Terzic make any sense, he’s not even considered a very good coach in Bundesliga, he’s basically a local Dortmund lad who found his way to the touchline  :D  The fans there would gladly see him get ousted and the likes of Xabi or someone of similar ilk take over!

I have a Dortmund-supporting friend who despises him. His main complaint is that he refuses to find, or is incapable of finding a way to make use of Reyna, but the rest of it fucks him off as well.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2024, 07:29:00 pm »
Job's too big for someone like De Zerbi. He's a glorified coach at BHA (albeit an excellent one).

Would love to see Alonso come in and completely outshine his mate Arteta as per their respective playing careers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 07:31:09 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2024, 07:31:36 pm »
Nagelsmann, Ange, Frank would all be very underwhelming.

Is Frank a serious option? Best/biggest personality of all those linked but his football seems a bit limited?

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2024, 07:32:47 pm »
Won a CL with Chelsea beating Madrid and City on the way. The previous year played the final with PSG.  Pushed us to penalties in two cup finals with a weaker squad. Trust me, we can do much worse than that.
I wouldn't look forward to watching us play if he was the manager. Soul destroying shit on a stick football.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2024, 07:35:51 pm »
People mentioning Ange. He wouldn’t leave Spurs would he?! Seems too soon and not a big enough step up?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2024, 07:36:28 pm »
I follow eastern philosophy a lot. Sometimes I listen to long podcasts about it. I once run into this Tuchel interview. It changed my opinion on him. Would not hate it if he ends up here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDdmGU6vPMM

See he's big into eastern philosophy but picks a fight with anyone and everyone at the earliest opportunity. Somewhat a contradiction no?

I think his ego is massive and uses eastern philosophy for his own self image above anything else.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #569 on: January 27, 2024, 07:36:42 pm »

Regarding Alonso; If we are lucky enough and he accepts an offer to be the manager here, does anyone think (assuming he is very rigid and wants to use the exact same system which has served him so well at Leverkusen) that our squad might be a little short in wrong areas and overstocked in unnecessary areas?

short answer: no, hell no.

A true progressive modern manager adapts to the players at his disposable as well as to the opposition. They are not wedded to any one formation or style of play

In contrary, the brain dead stubborn dinosaurs types lack this degree of intelligence and try to force things their way with disastrous results. The most prominent example relevant to readers here would be Hodgson to Liverpool, and Moyes to United. But there are others.

So what would be the chances of a world cup winning, 2x Euro winning, 2x CL winning mind like Alonso's being in the same universe as those 2 fuckwits?
Slim to none I would wager.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #570 on: January 27, 2024, 07:37:32 pm »
Feel very gutted over the last day with all of this, it’s gonna be the icing on the cake once we get linked with Mourinho or Simeone  :-\ :'(

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #571 on: January 27, 2024, 07:37:44 pm »
People mentioning Ange. He wouldn’t leave Spurs would he?! Seems too soon and not a big enough step up?

;D  Good fishing!

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #572 on: January 27, 2024, 07:38:18 pm »
Apologies if this has already been discussed, because i have been avoiding football stuff for the last 24 hours :)

Regarding Alonso; If we are lucky enough and he accepts an offer to be the manager here, does anyone think (assuming he is very rigid and wants to use the exact same system which has served him so well at Leverkusen) that our squad might be a little short in wrong areas and overstocked in unnecessary areas?

If he wants to play 3 at the back, we will likely need some additions especially on the left hand side (although people probably wanted that anyway).

Under Klopp I think a classic no.10 type player has always struggled. Minamino and Carvalho spring to mind. But Alonso really seems to rely on one as part of that front 3 (Wirtz).

My main issue is that, while we finally seem stocked in the midfield, Alonso's Leverkusen really only make use of 2 CMs, both with a lean towards the defensive. If i was Gravenberch, Szoboslai, or Jones i might be slightly concerned, although Szoboslai could possibly fill the Hofman role on the right? We would still likely need another '6'?

All very far down the line of course, if he even wants to come here, but just a few musings from a depressed red :)

I think Jones could work but he'd have to make some adjustments to his game. Szobo would be perfect for that system and Salah has already shown he can play right behind the striker in the past (it would probably suit him better if he continues adjusting to become more of a playmaker).

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #573 on: January 27, 2024, 07:39:47 pm »
;D  Good fishing!

To be fair, it was only a few pages back someone was insisting Emery wouldn't leave 'another top 4 club' - he could be serious because it seems some of our fanbase has lost its mind or thinks we are where we were when Klopp came in.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: January 27, 2024, 07:39:48 pm »
Imagine Bielsa. Playing blitzkrieg football for 6 months and then falling apart in the last two months.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: January 27, 2024, 07:40:33 pm »
short answer: no, hell no.

A true progressive modern manager adapts to the players at his disposable as well as to the opposition. They are not wedded to any one formation or style of play

In contrary, the brain dead stubborn dinosaurs types lack this degree of intelligence and try to force things their way with disastrous results. The most prominent example relevant to readers here would be Hodgson to Liverpool, and Moyes to United. But there are others.

So what would be the chances of a world cup winning, 2x Euro winning, 2x CL winning mind like Alonso's being in the same universe as those 2 fuckwits?
Slim to none I would wager.

But their philosophy should always endure? Klopp's formations were different between Dortmund and Liverpool but the philosophy remained the same. The reason i mentioned it was because Alonso/Leverkusen's style seems extremely intertwined with this 3-4-3 formation.

Side note; it could forever solve the positional issue for Trent :)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 27, 2024, 07:41:21 pm »
I assume that was a more exaggerated version of Leverkusen's usual game due to the game state, but they definitely seem different to a Klopp side. Less direct in possession and their pressing seemed less intense to win the ball back to create chances and more to slow the opposition down. Will be interesting to see how he implements it, or makes any changes if he gets the job.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 07:46:14 pm by Chris~ »

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: January 27, 2024, 07:46:16 pm »
I think Jones could work but he'd have to make some adjustments to his game. Szobo would be perfect for that system and Salah has already shown he can play right behind the striker in the past (it would probably suit him better if he continues adjusting to become more of a playmaker).

Do you mean in the Hoffman role on the right?

My initial thoughts on this were that, if we went for Alonso and bought into his system 100%, it may require quite a bit of squad re-tooling because we would likely have too many of the wrong midfielders and forwards.

The philosophy would have to change slightly as well, which is why they (FSG) may lean more towards a De Zerbi or Nagelsmann?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: January 27, 2024, 07:47:42 pm »
I assume that was a more exaggerated version of Leverkusen's usual game due to the game state, but they definitely seem different to a Klopp side. Less direct in possession and their pressing seemed less intense to win the ball back to create chances and more to slow the opposition down. Will be interesting to see how he implements it, or makes any changes if he gets the job.

Arteta and Pep’s style is boring as fuck. Hopefully Alonso has a more exciting style. Wonder if the style of football is a factor.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: January 27, 2024, 07:49:25 pm »
To be fair, it was only a few pages back someone was insisting Emery wouldn't leave 'another top 4 club' - he could be serious because it seems some of our fanbase has lost its mind or thinks we are where we were when Klopp came in.

Haha, yep. You saved me having to address that particular poster and their disingenuous nature.

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2024, 07:52:37 pm »
My three choices would be:

1) Xabi Alonso

2) Rúben Amorim

3) Roberto De Zerbi

Why Amorim?

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: January 27, 2024, 07:53:10 pm »
Job's too big for someone like De Zerbi. He's a glorified coach at BHA (albeit an excellent one).

Would love to see Alonso come in and completely outshine his mate Arteta as per their respective playing careers.

Yeh.  I live in Brighton and some of their fans are assuming he is our next manager.  I guess they are used to seeing talent out the door but it doesn’t seem likely or desirable to me.
Maybe he could make the step up but doesn’t seem the sort of character for LFC

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #582 on: January 27, 2024, 07:53:41 pm »
Do you mean in the Hoffman role on the right?

My initial thoughts on this were that, if we went for Alonso and bought into his system 100%, it may require quite a bit of squad re-tooling because we would likely have too many of the wrong midfielders and forwards.

The philosophy would have to change slightly as well, which is why they (FSG) may lean more towards a De Zerbi or Nagelsmann?

Yeah it would be Hoffman’s role next to Salah

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #583 on: January 27, 2024, 07:53:46 pm »
Why is Thomas Frank being linked to us :lmao

The guy has got Brentford to mid table but they play some of the worse football in the league.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: January 27, 2024, 07:54:02 pm »

They are definitely different. One thing that recent history has told us is that making the manager, unless it is Klopp or Guardiola, in charge of the clubs playing philosophy can be dangerous if it doesn't work out because then you are just constantly changing track everytime a new manager comes in. Look at Utd. Just makes me wonder if FSG will not even attempt to go for Alonso and might be tempted by someone like De Zerbi, but also appoint a DOF at the same time?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #585 on: January 27, 2024, 07:55:00 pm »
Informed speculation, he said. :lmao
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2024, 07:55:11 pm »
Why Amorim?

Why not? Sporting is sitting pretty at the top of the Portuguese league right now. He won them their first league title in 19 years. His team plays an attractive brand of football. He's one of the best young coaches in Europe right now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 07:59:33 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #587 on: January 27, 2024, 07:55:21 pm »
I really like Ange. But how many managers move between the top 6? I can’t think of examples but there must be some.

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #588 on: January 27, 2024, 07:56:05 pm »
Why not?
Well I dont know enough about him to be honest so was asking!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: January 27, 2024, 07:56:13 pm »
One think to remember is whoever coming in will not have any where near the power that Klopp wielded, espcially post 2019.  By the time we announce the new coach the new Sporting Director will have been in place.  So I know Rossi called "De Zerbi a "glorfied head coach"  ;D but maybe that's what we'll need instead of an all guns blazing authoritive manager.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #590 on: January 27, 2024, 07:57:52 pm »
But their philosophy should always endure?

Only if they are some crazy old fuck like Van Gaal...

Again, I don't see a highly intelligent young manager like Alonso getting wrapped up in any "identity" philosophy/ ego battle. The man has literally won everything as a player already.

As mentioned, a conceited narcissist like Tuchel however...
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2024, 07:58:48 pm »
One think to remember is whoever coming in will not have any where near the power that Klopp wielded, espcially post 2019.  By the time we announce the new coach the new Sporting Director will have been in place.  So I know Rossi called "De Zerbi a "glorfied head coach"  ;D but maybe that's what we'll need instead of an all guns blazing authoritive manager.

Any idea about who the DOF will be Samie, you must have some "sources" surely?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:03 pm »
Well I dont know enough about him to be honest so was asking!

Sporting is sitting pretty at the top of the Portuguese league right now. He won them their first league title in 19 years. His team plays an attractive brand of football. He's one of the best young coaches in Europe right now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #593 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:04 pm »
Rúben Amorim
Alonso
De Zebri
And supposedly Terzic of Dortmond  :-\
No one knows.  They don’t know because no one even knew about all this until yesterday morning.
But the names won’t be shocks.  We know the list pretty much, even if people have one or two names that differ.
It’s  very  different to pretty much every managerial change I can remember us making since I was a kid.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:43 pm »
Any idea about who the DOF will be Samie, you must have some "sources" surely?

The lfc dark webs are still saying the usual names Jill. ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:44 pm »
I really like Ange. But how many managers move between the top 6? I can’t think of examples but there must be some.

Aussie Brendan Rodgers him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: January 27, 2024, 08:01:51 pm »
Mate...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #597 on: January 27, 2024, 08:02:05 pm »
The lfc dark webs are still saying the usual names Jill. ;D

Remind me, I successfully forgot your last guesses.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: January 27, 2024, 08:04:38 pm »
One think to remember is whoever coming in will not have any where near the power that Klopp wielded, espcially post 2019. By the time we announce the new coach the new Sporting Director will have been in place.  So I know Rossi called "De Zerbi a "glorfied head coach"  ;D but maybe that's what we'll need instead of an all guns blazing authoritive manager.
Not necessarily true. The two recruitment processes could easily be conducted in parallel. Part of that could be inviting thoughts from the respective candidates or at the latter stage, introduce them to see if they and their ideas, can work synergistically.  And for the record, I think Xabi is as far from the "all guns blazing authoritative" control freak as is possible. That's Arteta's schtick. No, Xabi seems much more unassuming, strategic and intelligent. Which I'd argue is probably a better fit for the club post-Klopp.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: January 27, 2024, 08:07:40 pm »
Remind me, I successfully forgot your last guesses.  :D

Paul Mitchell
Max Eberl (Gone to Bayern now)
Julian Ward (Glorious return)
Marcus Krosche ( RB Leipzig SD)
Sven Mislintat