Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 70634 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #560 on: October 16, 2023, 08:11:54 am »
'‘I don’t know why I was booed but I do understand fans’ view,’ says Henderson':-

I was saying booooo-hendo

I think you answered your own question there Jordy boy

Henderson, who described the human rights situation in Qatar as “shocking and disappointing” before the World Cup was held there last year, believes Saudi Arabia deserve a chance to host the tournament. He thinks fans will have a good time, saying “2034, I think by that time I think they will put on a pretty good World Cup”.

“That’s exciting times for them as a country and I think it will be a special tournament if they ended up getting it. I’ve been there for two months and there’s been no issues in terms of fans or anything like that. I think they’ll enjoy the experience there.

“When we look at Qatar it was a good tournament. I think the fans enjoyed the tournament and I think Saudi would be no different.”

There’s all you need to know about our former captain.
when brainwashed meets sport washed
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: October 16, 2023, 08:15:25 am »
Going to be awkward for Southgate now when he when he drops him soon.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: October 16, 2023, 09:49:36 am »
Going to be awkward for Southgate now when he when he drops him soon.

He won't drop him. Southgate is as in bed with the Saudi's as Henderson is.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #563 on: October 16, 2023, 01:45:39 pm »
Once again, he comes off here as utterly thick.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #564 on: October 16, 2023, 04:14:09 pm »
Henderson, who described the human rights situation in Qatar as “shocking and disappointing” before the World Cup was held there last year, believes Saudi Arabia deserve a chance to host the tournament. He thinks fans will have a good time, saying “2034, I think by that time I think they will put on a pretty good World Cup”.

“That’s exciting times for them as a country and I think it will be a special tournament if they ended up getting it. I’ve been there for two months and there’s been no issues in terms of fans or anything like that. I think they’ll enjoy the experience there.

“When we look at Qatar it was a good tournament. I think the fans enjoyed the tournament and I think Saudi would be no different.”

There’s all you need to know about our former captain.

I mean what does that line in bold even mean? Absolutely clueless...or happy to stick his head in the desert sand, one or the other and quite likely both.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #565 on: October 16, 2023, 04:59:35 pm »
What he means is this:- I've been here two months, so you should all have forgotten what I said prior to the world cup by now.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: October 16, 2023, 10:24:56 pm »
Southgate didn’t understand why they’d boo him. Course you don’t, you waistcoat-wearing c*nt.

Insinuated that it was racist in nature though the pencil necked prick.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: October 17, 2023, 07:32:55 am »
I know some of our lot always thought he was a bit daft, I didn't, I thought he was a bright, astute player in a sea of idiots.  Well, he's proved me wrong.  He's either deliberately obtuse or as thick as a  Boxing Day turd, either way he's gone and given the last couple months I can't say it's a bad thing.  Southgate isn't much better, what the fuck is all this 'I understand, but don't understand' nonsense the pair are coming out with ?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #568 on: October 17, 2023, 10:36:28 am »
I know some of our lot always thought he was a bit daft, I didn't, I thought he was a bright, astute player in a sea of idiots.  Well, he's proved me wrong.  He's either deliberately obtuse or as thick as a  Boxing Day turd, either way he's gone and given the last couple months I can't say it's a bad thing.  Southgate isn't much better, what the fuck is all this 'I understand, but don't understand' nonsense the pair are coming out with ?

He's both. He's intelligent enough to know the reasons why normal people detest Saudi Arabia and shrewd enough to realise he must lie in his interviews when defending his decision. But I think he also believes his lies are convincing and and will be persuasive. That makes him thick.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: October 17, 2023, 02:32:28 pm »
what the fuck is all this 'I understand, but don't understand' nonsense the pair are coming out with ?

I think they are saying they understand why people are upset, but don't understand why are booing a key player during 'important' games.

(pls suspend reality for a sec) If somehow we brought Hendo back, not sure we should boo him continually

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2023, 02:39:28 pm »
I'm not one for booing players anyway, Henderson destroyed a large part of his legacy and almost wholly lost his credibility but that's his choice. He's just another greedy footballer now who used to play for us.

There are plenty of ex LFC players who were well thought of, indeed loved (Suarez, Torres, Mane etc) who we barely think about (and you might wish to add Gerrard and Fowler in this as well)

They light up your lives here but after they are gone that light can fade, for some it still shines (Alonso, Hypia etc) but they are only footballers after all, they are not special as people as often they prove.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2023, 04:27:02 pm »
I'm not one for booing players anyway, Henderson destroyed a large part of his legacy and almost wholly lost his credibility but that's his choice. He's just another greedy footballer now who used to play for us.

There are plenty of ex LFC players who were well thought of, indeed loved (Suarez, Torres, Mane etc) who we barely think about (and you might wish to add Gerrard and Fowler in this as well)

They light up your lives here but after they are gone that light can fade, for some it still shines (Alonso, Hypia etc) but they are only footballers after all, they are not special as people as often they prove.

Sorry to be picky  :D but can't agree with Suarez, he was a massive massive twat when he played against us after he left, but that was the man to a tee; passion boiled through his blood for victory and he left a bit of his heart on the pitch every time he played. Can't expect him to down tools and become a different person when we sell him to another club. He was one of the best players this club has ever seen and don't feel he has tainted that for me.

Might be wrong completely, but as far as I am aware Suarez always spoke well of Liverpool after leaving(?). He also went back to play for his boyhood club Nacional, for I'm assuming fuck all compared to what he could have got elsewhere, and now enjoying the Brasileiro Série A.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2023, 04:43:49 pm »
Sorry to be picky  :D but can't agree with Suarez, he was a massive massive twat when he played against us after he left, but that was the man to a tee; passion boiled through his blood for victory and he left a bit of his heart on the pitch every time he played. Can't expect him to down tools and become a different person when we sell him to another club. He was one of the best players this club has ever seen and don't feel he has tainted that for me.

Might be wrong completely, but as far as I am aware Suarez always spoke well of Liverpool after leaving(?). He also went back to play for his boyhood club Nacional, for I'm assuming fuck all compared to what he could have got elsewhere, and now enjoying the Brasileiro Série A.

I was just comparing how we thought of them when they were here compared to after they left. Suarez, Torres, Gerrard etc will always be remembered as fantastic players with the best memories as such. Only a few players tend to maintain some sort of ongoing affection as people after they leave (Lucas, Agger, Alonso, Hypia etc), most we are just neutral about, some we change our mind after things they say. Henderson managed to fuck it up quite quickly.

Suarez had it in him to be loved or loathed in that respect but he was fantastic to have when he here, less so when he came back with Barca. You bottle those years and label them.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2023, 04:57:10 pm »

I was just comparing how we thought of them when they were here compared to after they left. Suarez, Torres, Gerrard etc will always be remembered as fantastic players with the best memories as such. Only a few players tend to maintain some sort of ongoing affection as people after they leave (Lucas, Agger, Alonso, Hypia etc), most we are just neutral about, some we change our mind after things they say. Henderson managed to fuck it up quite quickly.

Suarez had it in him to be loved or loathed in that respect but he was fantastic to have when he here, less so when he came back with Barca. You bottle those years and label them.

Yeah fair enough mate. An agree he was not great when he came back but that was the player for me and as he was exactly for us, not the man off the pitch.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2023, 08:11:49 pm »

He just can't help himself...

'Jordan Henderson on the reaction he's faced since moving to Saudi Arabia': https://twitter.com/C4Sport/status/1714349235116679421  (95 second clip)

^ "Having someone like myself, with the values I have, in Saudi Arabia, is only a good thing." - Jordan Henderson.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2023, 08:21:35 pm »
So they've not put any restrictions on what he can say or do...but they've said he has to respect their views at the same time...

So yeah, not gonna see that rainbow armband any time soon are we Jordan?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2023, 08:40:35 pm »
At this point, I'd suggest it's not even discussion worthy. Ultimately, Henderson is facing complete reputational incineration
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2023, 08:47:06 pm »
So they've not put any restrictions on what he can say or do...but they've said he has to respect their views at the same time...

So yeah, not gonna see that rainbow armband any time soon are we Jordan?

He claims they've not put any restrictions on what he can say or do - and yet they've already censored him and Liverpool's past history anyway...

and the last I've heard... he has still not been in contact with any of "the groups I supported and helped in the past" (his words)... and yet will do PR spin interviews.

Fuck him.

Henderson got booed when he came onto the pitch again (70 mins) - vs Italy. There were also some cheers in places - and 'selected crowd shots' at the ready for the TV directors.

Channel 4 commentary decided to go with the alternate reality of
"Jordan Henderson comes on to a majority of cheers" - https://ds2play.com/d/p719stevnl49 (69 mins)

The international feed - even Fox Sports - went in another direction: "There is a reason why they cut to the crowd, there is a reason they want us to hear and see Jordan Henderson moving from Liverpool to Saudi Arabia. A lot has been written and talked about that." - https://ds2play.com/d/mye0zlfhlwej (69 mins)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 08:17:51 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2023, 01:31:28 am »
He just can't help himself...

^ "Having someone like myself, with the values I have, in Saudi Arabia, is only a good thing." - Jordan Henderson.
He really needs to stop digging.

All his presence in Saudi Arabia shows is that his western values can be bought. He's a shining example of the horribly shallow culture we sadly have these days, and just how easily a lot of people will abandon all principle for money.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2023, 01:53:34 am »
If Henderson thinks the booing he got for England was bad, I dread to think what he'd face at Anfield.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2023, 02:24:03 am »
If Henderson thinks the booing he got for England was bad, I dread to think what he'd face at Anfield.
Genuinely think it's best if he never turns up there again. Whether he's cheered, booed or met with stoney silence, it'll be throroughly unpleasant.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2023, 09:50:07 am »
Southgate is really coming across as weird and disingenuous saying it defies logic that people are pissed off with Henderson. Bottom line is, he sold out in the biggest way possible on LGBTQ+ rights. People saw it and have their opinion on it. It actually defies logic that you expect people to brush it under the carpet doesn’t it?. He would have been better off saying he supports his player and people are entitled to their own opinions. Logic is not something he is using himself.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2023, 11:04:44 am »
Harry Maguire claims anyone booing Henderson is not a ‘proper England fan’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/18/harry-maguire-booing-jordan-henderson-not-proper-england-fan
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2023, 11:12:02 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/18/harry-maguire-booing-jordan-henderson-not-proper-england-fan

A 'proper England fan', now there's a scary though, unquestioning loyalty and nationalism without bringing politics into sport eh. Just wave a flag and get behind the 'lads', whatever. I knew there was a reason I have zero interest in England FC.

I know there are footballers with brains and awareness but Jordan just re-emphasises the stereotype of footballers that been around for years, it used to be listen to Phil Collins, play golf and have a nice car. I think the modern day equivalent is more like, hire Beyonce for your private party, own a golf club and have a fleet of flash cars. £700k a week should help with that, unfortunately Jordan tried to pretend (for whatever reason) that he was different, he's not, that was his mistake.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #584 on: October 18, 2023, 11:13:03 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #585 on: October 18, 2023, 11:14:56 am »

All his presence in Saudi Arabia shows is that his western values can be bought. He's a shining example of the horribly shallow culture we sadly have these days, and just how easily a lot of people will abandon all principle for money.

He needs to sack his PR person basically. A more gauche series of tweets can't be imagined. It was the same with the little 'goodbye' video someone compiled for him on his last day at Kirkby. It hit all the wrong notes.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2023, 11:30:24 am »
Booing wasnt as bad last night, mixed but more cheers than boos

anyway enough said here from me
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: October 18, 2023, 01:03:52 pm »
He needs to sack his PR person basically. A more gauche series of tweets can't be imagined. It was the same with the little 'goodbye' video someone compiled for him on his last day at Kirkby. It hit all the wrong notes.

Yeah. As dense as he is, even Jordan must be realising now it's in his best interests to just keep his mouth shut and his head down for the foreseeable.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #588 on: October 18, 2023, 01:09:38 pm »

'Not proper fans' is one of my favourite phrases in football.

All these things happening inside grounds, with fans inside. Yet they aren't the proper fans.

West Ham in the Conference League Final was a good example. The ones throwing things on the pitch 'weren't proper fans' - yet somehow had been to enough games to get a ticket when the allocation was about five thousand. You literally can't be more of a proper fan!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: October 18, 2023, 01:35:11 pm »

That quote from him is amazing in its lack of self awareness. Who the fuck does he think he is, acting like he's strolled into Saudi and is giving them all a lesson in "his" values, it's laughable.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #590 on: October 18, 2023, 04:02:56 pm »
That quote from him is amazing in its lack of self awareness. Who the fuck does he think he is, acting like he's strolled into Saudi and is giving them all a lesson in "his" values, it's laughable.
He just another no mark who thinks he's Che Guevara, when all he's really interested in is himself and money.

He'd have been far better off just admitting he retired from competitive football because the Saudis offered him stupid money to do so. Instead, he just keeps digging and digging, and looking ever more stupid in the process.

Maybe, as Yorkie said, he needs to bin his PR person/people, then shut the hell up and fade into his lavishly paid obscurity.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: October 18, 2023, 04:39:58 pm »
It's a shame, he would say and do all the right things whilst here with us. But i guess that was never authentic as he's saying and doing all the right things for his current pay masters.

If anything it shows he's no mind of his own, and he can be bought and sold to deliver whatever message anybody wants him too.

How very sad, that the captain of our side that has had so much success recently - under a manager who embodies our values as a football club, never really 'got it' and was simply playing lip service.

He was part of a great team that will be remembered for years to come, shame he just wasn't a great person. Will be a footnote in our history 'winning captain' but nothing more.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: October 18, 2023, 04:58:36 pm »
The reality is he's just a thick cnut. Nothing more to be said about it really.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 18, 2023, 05:51:52 pm »

His values being... "erm, well, I don't want to talk about those, because it might offend the Saudi rulers, but I definitely have them here somewhere, now where did I put them....?"

If he did speak out in Saudi about his values, he'd likely end up in jail, being tortured. The only thing that would save him would be his celebrity status, and I don't imagine he'd be staying there very long after doing so. Luckily, his values are so valuable that he keeps them all to himself, and no one ever hears a word, and never will.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #594 on: October 18, 2023, 06:36:46 pm »
He should just retire from international football so no one has to give him any thought. Out of sight, out of mind Jordan Horrenderson.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #595 on: October 18, 2023, 11:27:45 pm »
I really think people give him too much credit. I just think he's an incredibly thick, ignorant, and probably selfish person, but not malicious. His head of PR though, now that's the devil in disguise. I've never seen more misguided attempts at cleaning a client's reputation. Burying him deeper with every word.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 19, 2023, 12:15:14 am »
Had forgotten who he was until the headlines

Fucking no mark. Never want to see him associated with my club again. c*nt.

He is dumb enough to turn up expecting a hero's welcome.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: October 19, 2023, 10:56:56 am »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #598 on: October 19, 2023, 11:10:29 am »
(pls suspend reality for a sec) If somehow we brought Hendo back, not sure we should boo him continually

Whether or not we should boo (in Hendo's case I would), but Sterling was getting continually boo'ed for less.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: October 19, 2023, 11:19:43 am »
Think I'd just walk down to the concourse if he was ever brought out at HT, I'm not wasting my breath on him.