Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 67408 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #440 on: September 9, 2023, 02:42:06 pm »
You might want to remember from the Messi/Barcelona debacle, that La Liga don't allow players to play for nothing or minimal wage.

Messi wasn't willing to take the wage cut though was he.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #441 on: September 9, 2023, 02:51:33 pm »
Even if we don't like Henderson anymore, is this sort of revisionism really necessary?

It may be wrong, but it's not revisionism.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: September 9, 2023, 03:04:38 pm »
Messi wasn't willing to take the wage cut though was he.
He offered to pay for nothing for that season. It wasn't allowed.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: September 9, 2023, 03:05:42 pm »
It may be wrong, but it's not revisionism.
Quite, Only revisionism if you rated Henderson highly during his time here.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: September 9, 2023, 06:18:28 pm »
Genuinely not arsed about whether he was any good or not.

That interview - what a shithouse. However, he did surprise me - I'd never have thought he could go any lower in my estimation, but the man of straw just did.

Proper greedy and two face cowardly, lying ballbag.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: September 9, 2023, 06:21:12 pm »
He offered to pay for nothing for that season. It wasn't allowed.

He knew fuck well that was the case, it's why he didn't offer to play for €10

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: September 9, 2023, 11:53:39 pm »
The Guardian calling it like it is.

Henderson makes gilded England midfield less than the sum of its parts
Saudi politics aside, former Liverpool captain is not the right man to combine best with Rice and Bellingham

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/09/henderson-makes-gilded-england-midfield-less-than-the-sum-of-its-parts
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: September 9, 2023, 11:56:17 pm »
He knew fuck well that was the case, it's why he didn't offer to play for €10

Yeah that was the biggest load of shite ever. Like there’s no way they/he couldn’t have figured something out, like it would have been some criminal act he and the princess would have been locked away for and no way in any black hole of the universe could he have kicked a ball around a field for Barca. But laws and contracts and other things etc, etc.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #448 on: September 10, 2023, 03:08:41 am »
Even if we don't like Henderson anymore, is this sort of revisionism really necessary? He was the captain for a team that got 99 points and would have got more if necessary, we were the best non cheating team in the world by a mile, it's not the sort of thing you achieve by carrying passengers or that just any other player could have been a key part of.

Why is it revisionism? I’ve never thought him to be gifted footballer. Did he do what he was asked and did it well? Sure. But I also think there were other players who could have fulfilled the same task. That’s not revisionism, revisionism would be thinking he was a fantastic footballer and now calling him shit.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #449 on: September 10, 2023, 06:54:53 am »

Shame Ronay is happy to toss off to City all the time in the Manchester Guardian.

The reality is Henderson's legs have gone and England have enough quality these days to not need to call on the likes of Henderson, Maguire and Kalvin Phillips who aren't what they were a few years ago. He's probably hoping he'll just save his legs for England this season which may well work given the standard of international football these days. He still shouldn't be a starter though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: September 10, 2023, 07:19:09 am »
Shame Ronay is happy to toss off to City all the time in the Manchester Guardian.

The reality is Henderson's legs have gone and England have enough quality these days to not need to call on the likes of Henderson, Maguire and Kalvin Phillips who aren't what they were a few years ago. He's probably hoping he'll just save his legs for England this season which may well work given the standard of international football these days. He still shouldn't be a starter though.

If last night was anything to go by he shouldn't even be in the squad let alone on the bench. I enjoyed watching him constantly slow the play down, get in other players way & pass backwards, much more fun counting those back passes when he isn't wearing red.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: September 10, 2023, 07:25:42 am »
If last night was anything to go by he shouldn't even be in the squad let alone on the bench. I enjoyed watching him constantly slow the play down, get in other players way & pass backwards, much more fun counting those back passes when he isn't wearing red.

When England have the likes of Rice, Bellingham and Foden available, plus Maddison and Ward Prowse, Mount when fit (and Trent seemingly now used as a midfielder for England) then there is no need to be picking a 33-year-old Henderson playing in a retirement league.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: September 10, 2023, 07:27:42 am »
When England have the likes of Rice, Bellingham and Foden available, plus Maddison and Ward Prowse, Mount when fit (and Trent seemingly now used as a midfielder for England) then there is no need to be picking a 33-year-old Henderson playing in a retirement league.

You're forgetting that pencil neck will have an excuse to go over and get treated like a king by the head choppers.

And lets face it, that's the only reason he picked him.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: September 10, 2023, 07:41:09 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if Southgate is on the take to play him. He's well in with the Saudi's - always set next to them and Amanda Staveley at Newcastle games.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: September 10, 2023, 07:43:02 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if Southgate is on the take to play him. He's well in with the Saudi's - always set next to them and Amanda Staveley at Newcastle games.

And probably has his eye on the Saudi coin after he leaves England. Not like he'd get a PL job because he's a shit manager.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #455 on: September 10, 2023, 09:47:46 am »

I know these links will do absolutely nothing to prevent you from repeating this rubbish because you are determined to lose every battle you fight. But, for the benefit of less prejudiced minds, here's the truth:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/jun/11/manchester-city-champions-league-ascent-is-a-total-victory-for-politics-in-football

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/27/manchester-citys-perfection-is-laced-with-coldness-and-unease

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/15/sportswashing-europes-biggest-clubs-champions-league-owners-sponsors-uefa
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #456 on: September 10, 2023, 10:08:14 am »
It's amazing how someone who was respect for hard work, being a good leader, inspiring community etc as Hendo made himself look like a massive idiot in record time, actually baffling.

I think it's a lesson to us all. Appreciate your family and friends don't be fake. Make out your something you're not.

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #457 on: September 10, 2023, 10:14:00 am »
I think it's a lesson to us all. Appreciate your family and friends don't be fake. Make out your something you're not.

Sticking to your beliefs integrity will give you more respect admiration than money

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: September 10, 2023, 10:23:51 am »
He is still a c*nt for what he did to Salah.

That level of cuntisness isn't on the same planet as what Henderson has done, in fact it's not in the same galaxy.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #459 on: September 10, 2023, 10:28:00 am »
Sticking to your beliefs integrity will give you more respect admiration than money
Something I learned a long time ago is that if we are lucky, a select few in life will genuinely love us. The overwhelming majority will either never know us or be completely indifferent to us. There will always be a select few who will dislike us too. And that goes for whoever and whatever we are.

So, why lie? Why bullshit? Why not just be real? At least that way, the ones who love you do so for the right reasons and love the real you. Also, if you're going to be disliked by a few, it may as well be for the right reasons too.

At least then, you can look yourself in the eye in the bathroom mirror each morning.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: September 10, 2023, 10:40:19 am »
Something I learned a long time ago is that if we are lucky, a select few in life will genuinely love us. The overwhelming majority will either never know us or be completely indifferent to us. There will always be a select few who will dislike us too. And that goes for whoever and whatever we are.

So, why lie? Why bullshit? Why not just be real? At least that way, the ones who love you do so for the right reasons and love the real you. Also, if you're going to be disliked by a few, it may as well be for the right reasons too.

At least then, you can look yourself in the eye in the bathroom mirror each morning.

He isn't lying intentionally. He is trying to convince himself with the shite other people told him. He's too thick to come up with actual lies.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #461 on: September 10, 2023, 10:44:50 am »

He isn't lying intentionally. He is trying to convince himself with the shite other people told him. He's too thick to come up with actual lies.

The actual lies will have been formulated by a well educated, Western PR guru intending to impress a gullible British audience as part of the sports washing “project”.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #462 on: September 10, 2023, 10:52:58 am »

I was talking in general, life lessons terms.

As far as Henderson goes, I agree with you. I doubt he set out to deliberately lie. However, he certainly set himself up (or allowed himself to be set up) as something he wasn't. That's why he's getting more stick than the other mercenaries out there now.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #463 on: September 10, 2023, 10:57:13 am »
I was talking in general, life lessons terms.

As far as Henderson goes, I agree with you. I doubt he set out to deliberately lie. However, he certainly set himself up (or allowed himself to be set up) as something he wasn't. That's why he's getting more stick than the other mercenaries out there now.

I understood you and thought what you said I can totally relate too

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: September 10, 2023, 01:19:33 pm »
I know these links will do absolutely nothing to prevent you from repeating this rubbish because you are determined to lose every battle you fight. But, for the benefit of less prejudiced minds, here's the truth:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/jun/11/manchester-city-champions-league-ascent-is-a-total-victory-for-politics-in-football

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/27/manchester-citys-perfection-is-laced-with-coldness-and-unease

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/15/sportswashing-europes-biggest-clubs-champions-league-owners-sponsors-uefa

Odds on him acknowledging this post and thanking you for correcting his mistake... Quite high. Or not high. Whichever one means he's not going to do it  ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 01:22:54 pm by Avens »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #465 on: September 10, 2023, 06:17:33 pm »
I don't agree with Jordan's decision to go to Saudi but I get the uncomfortable feeling that he's going to be England's whipping boy and the media coverage will stir up some vicious treatment from the neanderthals on the Wembley terraces. He's made a horrible career mistake but I don't think he deserves that and I hate the idea of his likeable Dad having to watch it.
The fact that Jordan is being selected ahead of much younger, in-form, Premier League players is down to Southgate. Ditto the selection of Maguire. If people want to vent their spleen then they should direct their criticism at the manager.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: September 10, 2023, 07:16:38 pm »
Maybe his likeable dad should've given him some better advice then eh.

As for England, if you watched it you'll agree that he was beyond shite & doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the squad.

Oh and fuck his feelings.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: September 11, 2023, 10:04:22 am »
There just aren't that many holding midfielders for England right now. Once you ignore Jones, who's carrying an injury, the next two in line are Josh DaSilva and Harrison Reed. Not surprised Southgate's gone for Henderson as an alternative. The Maguire one is weirder.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #468 on: September 11, 2023, 11:34:44 am »
There just aren't that many holding midfielders for England right now. Once you ignore Jones, who's carrying an injury, the next two in line are Josh DaSilva and Harrison Reed. Not surprised Southgate's gone for Henderson as an alternative. The Maguire one is weirder.
Agreed.
You could take your pick of English center-backs in the Championship who would be better suited than slabhead.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #469 on: September 11, 2023, 11:38:16 am »
Felt like I spent years defending Henderson and why he should be in the England team to non Liverpool fans  - to now find it bonkers that he could be included.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: September 11, 2023, 11:38:21 am »
Klopps loyalty made us 20M on Henderson.
The saudis might completely change the valuation of older players

We'd probably be in the CL this season if we hadn't extended Henderson's contract and had begun the midfield refresh earlier. Makes you a lot more than £20 million does the CL.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #471 on: September 11, 2023, 02:35:02 pm »
We'd probably be in the CL this season if we hadn't extended Henderson's contract and had begun the midfield refresh earlier. Makes you a lot more than £20 million does the CL.
There was nothing stopping us beginning the refresh of the midfield earlier. We were in a great place to attract the best due to existing CL qualification and a near-miss with a Quadruple and the idea that suddenly all of our ills are Jordan's fault is unfair. We'd probably be in the CL this season if Mo had stuck away his penalties as per usual but it would be just as unfair to blame him. We finished outside the Top Four because the team as a whole were not consistently good enough - especially away from home.
On the upside, when we finally got around to refreshing midfield, we bagged a couple of corkers  ;D

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: September 11, 2023, 03:18:37 pm »
I don't agree with Jordan's decision to go to Saudi but I get the uncomfortable feeling that he's going to be England's whipping boy and the media coverage will stir up some vicious treatment from the neanderthals on the Wembley terraces. He's made a horrible career mistake but I don't think he deserves that and I hate the idea of his likeable Dad having to watch it.
The fact that Jordan is being selected ahead of much younger, in-form, Premier League players is down to Southgate. Ditto the selection of Maguire. If people want to vent their spleen then they should direct their criticism at the manager.

It's ludicrous that he's even being picked. Maybe Southgate will have the sense to leave him out the Wembley matches.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: September 11, 2023, 03:26:15 pm »

It was 2021 that Henderson demanded that contract. We already lost Wijnaldum who should have been replaced anyway. If we'd sold him that summer it would have caused further upheaval and tbf we nearly won the lot in 21/22 after we kept him. I wouldn't say it was loyalty from Klopp but he's weighed it up and gone to bat for his captain and key leader in the squad, rather than lose two thirds of his starting midfield in one go. That contract was more down to Henderson being a prick about it that summer and chancing his arm and Klopp not wanting the disruption on the eve of the season.

Not strengthening the midfield in 2022 was just stupid by all involved but in part by misplaced faith in Henderson's abilities.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: September 11, 2023, 05:43:30 pm »

He wasn't playing as a holding midfielder.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2023, 07:43:12 pm »
Let's be honest, picking Henderson for England right now is nothing to do with football per se. It's rare the Pizza Hut ambassador sticks his scrawny neck out but he's done so here for two reasons...

1. He's desperately trying to demonstrate a degree of autonomy and authority everyone knows he doesn't have, in the rare pause before he bends over yet again in anticipation of the lash from the grey-haired gammon that his livelihood depends on.

2. Like Rodgers (knowing their PL career is finished other than the Allardyce/Dyche SOS gigs), he's basically waving his arse at the Saudis, saying "look, I did right by your poster boy so when the times comes I'm sacked, remember that...*nudge nudge wink wink*".

Either way, it's fucking pathetic.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2023, 12:48:11 pm »
It was 2021 that Henderson demanded that contract. We already lost Wijnaldum who should have been replaced anyway. If we'd sold him that summer it would have caused further upheaval and tbf we nearly won the lot in 21/22 after we kept him. I wouldn't say it was loyalty from Klopp but he's weighed it up and gone to bat for his captain and key leader in the squad, rather than lose two thirds of his starting midfield in one go. That contract was more down to Henderson being a prick about it that summer and chancing his arm and Klopp not wanting the disruption on the eve of the season.

Not strengthening the midfield in 2022 was just stupid by all involved but in part by misplaced faith in Henderson's abilities.

Will make Jurgen a bit more ruthless in the future though when faced with a similar situation. That’s the silver lining. We’ve got through it now
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2023, 12:50:35 pm »

Curtis?

He has never been a holding midfielder.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2023, 12:53:02 pm »
Let's be honest, picking Henderson for England right now is nothing to do with football per se. It's rare the Pizza Hut ambassador sticks his scrawny neck out but he's done so here for two reasons...

1. He's desperately trying to demonstrate a degree of autonomy and authority everyone knows he doesn't have, in the rare pause before he bends over yet again in anticipation of the lash from the grey-haired gammon that his livelihood depends on.

2. Like Rodgers (knowing their PL career is finished other than the Allardyce/Dyche SOS gigs), he's basically waving his arse at the Saudis, saying "look, I did right by your poster boy so when the times comes I'm sacked, remember that...*nudge nudge wink wink*".

Either way, it's fucking pathetic.

We all thought Brendan was finished when he took the Celtic job first time round.

Memories are short. Brendan won stuff at Leicester and when he starts winning stuff again at Celtic, he will get the call. He’s still a competent manage and will probably get better with age.

Don’t particularly like him to be honest. He’s a bit of a smarm ball that likes the sound of his own voice, but I do think he’s a pretty good and tactically astute manager that will be around at the top for many years to come. Still think he lands another top job at some point in the future when a club is desperate enough and his reputation is rehabilitated enough.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2023, 06:27:17 pm »
Still think he lands another top job at some point in the future when a club is desperate enough and his reputation is rehabilitated enough.
Like Everton? I'm not even joking, that's his level now and it could happen down the line when his return to Celtic doesn't quite go to plan. After all his current wife was an ex-Anfield employee and he never went full Rafa when talking about them.

"Another top job"? He's possibly the worst eye for signings I can think of, he may have won a cup for Leicester but he also choked on the far more lucrative CL place in consecutive seasons and when he has played in Europe, has always shown a staggering level of naivety and ineptitude. He's not learned anything in the years since he bluffed his way past Ian Ayre, and he's not going to start now. Always starts well but then gets shown up and players tire of him very quickly. His only significant sustained success came in the "fish in a barrel" SPL and we saw how loyal he was then.