Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 70593 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2023, 08:59:43 pm »
Takes some doing to be shown up by the Morals of Rod Stewart
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2023, 10:07:43 pm »
For all the money he's making, I bet he'd trade it right now for some respect from us and England fans.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2023, 10:44:47 pm »
For all the money he's making, I bet he'd trade it right now for some respect from us and England fans.
LOL of course he wouldn't.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #603 on: October 23, 2023, 11:50:41 pm »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: October 24, 2023, 12:08:31 am »

Are they still in lockdown?
Anyway, that's what retirement looks like. £700k a week seems a fair wage to earn for that level of entertainment which is pretty much like talent night in the local pub
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: October 24, 2023, 08:12:40 am »

Maybe there was too much traffic.  ::)

BTW, that's a mad amount of security for a crowd that size.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #606 on: October 24, 2023, 08:51:29 am »
BTW, that's a mad amount of security for a crowd that size.

Probably making sure there are no women there. Or if they are, that they are accompanied by their husbands and completely covered up.

Jordan hasn't had the time to fully transform the culture yet.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #607 on: October 24, 2023, 09:00:15 am »
Probably making sure there are no women there. Or if they are, that they are accompanied by their husbands and completely covered up.

Jordan hasn't had the time to fully transform the culture yet.
na its to make sure who ever is being beheaded at half time cant run away
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #608 on: October 24, 2023, 10:17:12 am »
I wander if Hendo and Gerrard are decent enough to feel embarressed? Or if the 700k a week just completely cancels out any feelings of utter lack of integrity?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: October 24, 2023, 11:15:15 am »
Think you answered your own question there

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #610 on: October 24, 2023, 12:17:58 pm »

Meanwhile next door at the head-chopping stadium is chocker.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #611 on: October 24, 2023, 12:19:05 pm »
I wander if Hendo and Gerrard are decent enough to feel embarressed? Or if the 700k a week just completely cancels out any feelings of utter lack of integrity?
If they had any integrity they wouldn't have taken the job in the first place.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #612 on: October 24, 2023, 12:19:37 pm »
How big are the crowds for the team Fowler is managing then?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #613 on: October 24, 2023, 02:17:24 pm »
Meanwhile next door at the head-chopping stadium is chocker.

Do they have a couple of quick stonings to death at half time?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #614 on: October 24, 2023, 02:20:40 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: October 24, 2023, 02:22:21 pm »
Looking on the positive side though, I assume as there was so few there it gave Henderson the chance to have a quick word with them all on a one-to-one basis to spread important news of his own culture to them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #616 on: October 24, 2023, 03:26:55 pm »
Probably making sure there are no women there ...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pRnyfVgQbXk&amp;ab_channel=BBCComedyGreats" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pRnyfVgQbXk&amp;ab_channel=BBCComedyGreats</a>

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #617 on: October 24, 2023, 05:40:27 pm »
Fucking hell :lmao
The official attendance was 696.

Last Saturday Marine AFC in Crosby pulled in 1,124 against Lancaster City.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 05:44:57 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: October 25, 2023, 05:02:01 pm »
Fucking hell :lmao

That represents significant growth - probably in large part due to Henderson arriving. This justifies his decision.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #619 on: October 25, 2023, 09:05:29 pm »
That represents significant growth - probably in large part due to Henderson arriving. This justifies his decision.
He should have signed for the Dog & Duck. They get bigger attendances, but then again he wouldn't get as much in wages, the greedy sportswashed twat.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: October 25, 2023, 10:42:08 pm »

On a positive note, that’s 696 minds that Jordan has changed. He’s slowly chipping away at the Saudi state.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: October 26, 2023, 12:02:17 am »
Jordan Henderson playing in front of 696 fans in Saudi Arabia – that’s sportswashing in action
Daniel Storey (the i)

This sure feels like football’s uber-capitalist end game: ludicrously overpaid, ageing players operating at half pace in the sweaty heat of plastic bowl stadia to the entertainment of roughly nobody watching live

Roughly in the middle of the main stand of the Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium, opposite the TV gantry, a group of 150 or so Al-Riyadh supporters form a small clump and, in their defence, try and make as much noise as possible. Roughly a hundred yards to their left, a hub of Al-Ettifaq fans watch their team lose 1-0.
The stadium holds 22,200, although it is due to be doubled in capacity. The club of Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Moussa Dembele and Georginio Wijnaldum have been welcomed and then beaten. The reported attendance? 696.
There is a wonderful paragraph on the US website of the Saudi Arabian embassy about the nation’s love of football. It mentions children “scrimmaging on playgrounds”, presumably a football/soccer misunderstanding, and gives a promise that Saudis of every age have taken soccer to heart, which is something that supporters always say to one another.
“There is a professional Saudi soccer league that is wildly popular among Saudis,” is the site’s second claim, a sentence that you’d struggle to beat for powerful energy. “Friends and families often gather to cheer on their favorite teams, both on television and in stadiums.”
Over the first few months of the Saudi Pro League-rebranded power grab, it’s fair to assume that most of the friends and families who have gathered to cheer on their favourite teams have gone for the television option, if at all.
Eight of the 18 Saudi Pro League clubs have an average attendance of under 4,000 this season. Even the highest two, Al-Hilal and Al-Ittihad, leave a combined average 80,000 empty seats in their combined capacities.
The SPL is operating on a 75 per cent empty stadium model. The lowest reported attendance, unsurprisingly between two of the clubs not now owned by the Gulf state, was 133. That was beaten this weekend by Selsey FC of the Southern Combination Division One.
Even the Western media that frothed over a potential power shift has largely lost interest, save ESPN tweeting after every Cristiano Ronaldo goal with a goat emoji because social media isn’t fun anymore.
This sure feels like football’s uber-capitalist end game: ludicrously overpaid, ageing players operating at half pace in the sweaty heat of plastic bowl stadia to the entertainment of roughly nobody watching live.
There is no pretence of organic growth, of using ticket sales to fund spending. You just buy what you want to buy and then comes the boring bit. No worries – another transfer window will be along soon and maybe Mohamed Salah fancies joining the silent disco.
It is easy to find a good deal of this quite funny, so let’s. Henderson, who appears to see morality as a movable feast that depends upon whether he wants to earn mega or mega-mega money, justified this dive into Scrooge McDuck’s pool of coins because he had long been fuelled by a desire to “grow the game”. I suppose it does make it easier if you get to shake their hand one by one and still make it back to the dressing room for Stevie’s post-match debrief.
Riyad Mahrez tweeted that he could “hear and see the fans”, but was not specific on numbers. Do they know that we know that they are being played?
This should be a morality tale. For Saudi Arabia themselves, who possibly presumed that signing some of the most famous players in the world and Jason Denayer might immediately manufacture a footballing culture and are learning that some things require organic growth.
For the broadcasters, who will be acutely aware that nothing undersells a game’s buzz like empty seats – perhaps a return to the piped-in noise of Covid times? For the players, who have dropped so quickly from our radar. When was the last time you thought about Allan Saint-Maximin or Sadio Mane?[
But then that misses the point: nobody in charge gives a flying Fahd. This league was not created to provide joy to the masses and the Public Investment Fund’s budget is enough to make revenue a quaint little matter to be readily ignored.
Saudi Arabia wanted a World Cup – no matter how many rules had to be changed in the process – and they have almost certainly got one. They signed the players not to score goals, but to sing like canaries in support of their bid. “Go Saudi Arabia 2034,” was the Henderson message, uttered between vast gulps of Kool Aid.
“If sportswashing is going to increase my GDP by 1 per cent, then we’ll continue sportswashing – I am aiming for another 1.5 per cent,” said Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Fox News last week. That is the mission statement and the whole of the law. Football supporters at matches might buy tickets, a drink or a scarf. They are unlikely to increase your GDP. So their presence or otherwise barely matters.[
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 12:07:00 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: October 26, 2023, 12:05:51 am »

with a crowd that big, a good boo would really land
Having someone like myself, with the values I have, in Saudi Arabia, is only a good thing." - Jordan Henderson.
it's amazing this is a real quote, and not parody. not only is it continuing to antagonise everyone in the uk who took issue with his hypocrisy, he's now accidentally denigrating the country he's in now (and doing all manner of PR for) - all in the name of "myself" (giving away that he's trying but failing to sound smart saying "myself" instead of "me")

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #623 on: October 26, 2023, 09:50:34 am »
with a crowd that big, a good boo would really landit's amazing this is a real quote, and not parody. not only is it continuing to antagonise everyone in the uk who took issue with his hypocrisy, he's now accidentally denigrating the country he's in now (and doing all manner of PR for) - all in the name of "myself" (giving away that he's trying but failing to sound smart saying "myself" instead of "me")

What’s the score on toddler tossing in the Kingdom? OK with a male relative’s consent?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: October 26, 2023, 12:38:40 pm »
all in the name of "myself" (giving away that he's trying but failing to sound smart saying "myself" instead of "me")

Haha, glad it's not just me (myself ;D) who gets annoyed when people use "myself" in this context ;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: October 26, 2023, 12:46:57 pm »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: October 26, 2023, 12:48:17 pm »
Jordan Henderson playing in front of 696 fans in Saudi Arabia – that’s sportswashing in action
Daniel Storey (the i)

Good (albeit depressing) read that, thanks for posting.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #627 on: October 26, 2023, 12:58:30 pm »

And you’d get to go to Satterthwaites before the game. Really is no contest.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: October 26, 2023, 01:54:53 pm »
Not long since he left is it, he's earned around £8m tax free since then for being the mouthpiece of Saudi, does he care?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: October 26, 2023, 06:34:13 pm »
Haha, glad it's not just me (myself ;D) who gets annoyed when people use "myself" in this context ;D

personally speaking, it winds myself up no end! ;)

Not long since he left is it, he's earned around £8m tax free since then for being the mouthpiece of Saudi, does he care?
away from his shitty politics and desperate attempts to launder his image, i think i'm not being unfair in saying I can't think of a moment all season where it's looked like the side missed him or his input. can't see us performing in the same vein in attack with him in a front 5, and can only imagine the horror show if he was one of our ten men in the red card games.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 06:36:07 pm by classycarra »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #630 on: October 26, 2023, 06:59:59 pm »
And you’d get to go to Satterthwaites before the game. Really is no contest.
A pint in The Bug and a pie or cake from Satties.

My ex used to work in Satties making the cakes. Lovely stuff. 😋
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: October 28, 2023, 02:00:09 pm »
Imagine Mo kicking a ball in a stadium that empty? Me neither.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: October 28, 2023, 02:16:54 pm »
stats heavy (and bland) article about it in the athletic. amusing commentor pointed out that that's a lower attendence than the average attendance for the second largest team on the faroe islands

also pointed out that in the media packs the saudi league put out, they said 80% of the tens of millions of people in saudi are actively engaged in the league. hahahah

at this rate, henderson will do a better job 'spreading his message' and the virtues of the teachings of JH by having a few supporters over for a cup of tea rather than via any football

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: November 3, 2023, 09:29:26 am »
As if he hasn't embarrassed himself enough...

https://twitter.com/nfcm23/status/1719395102022394061

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: November 3, 2023, 09:37:22 am »

Should have done it closer to Chrimbo so he could spend time with the family.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: November 3, 2023, 09:48:55 am »
Looked it up on Flashscore

wasnt him sent off per that

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: November 3, 2023, 07:49:07 pm »
Should have done it closer to Chrimbo so he could spend time with the family.

Wasn't there a player who used to get himself suspended for the Christmas period?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: November 3, 2023, 08:53:24 pm »
Wasn't there a player who used to get himself suspended for the Christmas period?
good few accused of it per Google. Lee bowyer, Neil Ruddock, ray parlour, Kevin Nolan and nark noble to name some

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: November 4, 2023, 10:21:43 am »

used the dead ball situation to get some very cheap shots in on a small guy, maybe holding a grudge from earlier in the game - then acting like he was trying to get hold of the ball (for their freekick?)

should have taken a couple of yellows there, but didnt even get one in the game! they should bring michael oliver back! ;D

quite funny hendersons side were playing against 10 men for a whole half until this point, then mane knocked them out with a late extra time goal apparently

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: November 9, 2023, 11:01:43 pm »

Tbf, the most embarrassing thing in that clip is the guy clutching his face, falling down and rolling across the ground after a bit of a barge.