Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 590304 times)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #10200 on: May 12, 2024, 06:31:31 pm »
Ten HaagenDaz will claim they played excellently and they were unlucky to lose.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10201 on: May 12, 2024, 06:33:01 pm »
Played 36.

Lost 14.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10202 on: May 12, 2024, 06:53:27 pm »
Only 11 shots  against today.  ,A major step forwards.  Fergie  took six years to win the league, Seven Hag just needs time.

Yet another loss.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10203 on: May 12, 2024, 07:00:25 pm »
Glory hunting cockney wankers down the smoke are going to be well upset.    :D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10204 on: May 12, 2024, 07:14:08 pm »

The Old Trafford Waterfall is still a thing (some 12 years after the first time it occurred?) - https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1789711575357571521

& https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1789712117257429065 & https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/1789713259261571448

Edit: another separate video... with water running down the rows of seats - https://v.redd.it/d68pacvgj10d1 ("It's a fucking river")

« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 07:55:42 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10205 on: May 12, 2024, 07:16:25 pm »
They've been boom and bust since Fergie left - basically trade off qualifying for CL every other year. This is their 11th season since he left, and they've finished top four 5 times, and finished outside it 6 times. Next season they'll have no European football at all.

I'm sure they'll be better when they bin off ETH but I don't see them bouncing back into CL football next season, or for the forseeable to be honest. It's surely only a matter of time before their commercial income starts sliding too - you can bank on being a legacy club for so long, but they've basically been shite for 10 years and look further away from the top than they ever have in that period.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10206 on: May 12, 2024, 07:19:42 pm »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10207 on: May 12, 2024, 07:20:44 pm »
you can bank on being a legacy club for so long, but they've basically been shite for 10 years

We clung on in there despite not earning it on the pitch for 15 years to be fair. You do look back and wonder how crucial Istanbul was in arresting our decline though.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10208 on: May 12, 2024, 07:42:14 pm »
Casemiro is finished at this level. His dropoff is even worse than Fab's last season.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10209 on: May 12, 2024, 07:49:28 pm »
They've been boom and bust since Fergie left - basically trade off qualifying for CL every other year. This is their 11th season since he left, and they've finished top four 5 times, and finished outside it 6 times. Next season they'll have no European football at all.

I'm sure they'll be better when they bin off ETH but I don't see them bouncing back into CL football next season, or for the forseeable to be honest. It's surely only a matter of time before their commercial income starts sliding too - you can bank on being a legacy club for so long, but they've basically been shite for 10 years and look further away from the top than they ever have in that period.

Lets face it, they got lucky, very lucky, with Ferguson. 2 or 3 years into his United managerial career large swaths of fans wanted him gone. Winning the FA Cup in 1990 saved his skin, especially as they finished 13th in the league that season. That win against Palace in the final not only helped kick-start his domination, but it also coincided with the demise of ourselves & Arsenal. There was a vacuum in English football that was waiting to be filled, & that lucky son of a bitch just happened to be the one who was around to do it, aided too by having a glut of talented young players all come through at roughly the same time. Credit where it's due though, he took full advantage of his opportunities & became something of a footballing Godfather. Having said all that, United fans dreaming of another Ferguson coming along anytime soon are going to be seriously disappointed I reckon. Their wilderness years are set to continue for quite some time. Amen to that.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10210 on: May 12, 2024, 07:50:14 pm »
Unluckeh...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10211 on: May 12, 2024, 07:55:16 pm »
Lets face it, they got lucky, very lucky, with Ferguson. 2 or 3 years into his United managerial career large swaths of fans wanted him gone. Winning the FA Cup in 1990 saved his skin, especially as they finished 13th in the league that season. That win against Palace in the final not only helped kick-start his domination, but it also coincided with the demise of ourselves & Arsenal. There was a vacuum in English football that was waiting to be filled, & that lucky son of a bitch just happened to be the one who was around to do it, aided too by having a glut of talented young players all come through at roughly the same time. Credit where it's due though, he took full advantage of his opportunities & became something of a footballing Godfather. Having said all that, United fans dreaming of another Ferguson coming along anytime soon are going to be seriously disappointed I reckon. Their wilderness years are set to continue for quite some time. Amen to that.
No way Fergie lasts that long today.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10212 on: May 12, 2024, 08:08:25 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10214 on: May 12, 2024, 08:12:08 pm »
-4 goal difference
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10215 on: May 12, 2024, 08:13:44 pm »
What's leakier? Luke Shaw, the Old Trafford roof, or Man U's defence?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10218 on: May 12, 2024, 08:16:12 pm »
Spent 100M on Anthonhy but cant fix a damn roof

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10219 on: May 12, 2024, 08:18:36 pm »
This game and a few others this season really does make me feel ETH will be here next season. The players are still playing for him. He hasn't lost the dressing room. This is key and happened to pretty much all our previous managers post Sir Alex. They're still fighting for him. I think there will be a massive improvement next season with this team challenging for the league. Yes, i just said that. With a fully fit squad, this team is better than the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal. Add a couple of players next season and we will be up there.

Talking a lot of sense on the Cafe, tonight
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10220 on: May 12, 2024, 08:20:40 pm »
Embarrassed to only beat these 1-0.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10221 on: May 12, 2024, 08:23:30 pm »
Casemiro is finished at this level. His dropoff is even worse than Fab's last season.

A common trend for Brazilians it seems

This lot have actually gone backwards under Ten Haag. Unreal

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #10222 on: May 12, 2024, 08:35:00 pm »
Old Trafford leaking again.  ;D

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1789711575357571521
I reckon the real reason BigSurJim wants the entire accounting and marketing department to work on site is that he got a quote from the builders to fix the leaky roof and reckons he can go it cheaper if he can get Sally from accounts and Tim from digital marketing to do it instead.

Talking a lot of sense on the Cafe, tonight
Wise words from user LFC1892forever.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10223 on: May 12, 2024, 08:51:21 pm »

Imagine how we feel . Although they do play out their skins when we turn up .  Jammy twats .

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10224 on: May 12, 2024, 08:53:56 pm »
Imagine how we feel . Although they do play out their skins when we turn up .  Jammy twats .

They were crap all three times we played them this season. That's the killer thing.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #10225 on: May 12, 2024, 08:59:59 pm »

If it's not Mount leaking info, it's the roof leaking water. What a shambles!
They do love a rat around them parts though- from actual rats running amuck at OT, to Ratboy, Ratcliffe, Ratface, and rats like Mount and Shaw!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:11:37 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #10226 on: May 12, 2024, 09:06:17 pm »

At least you beat the fuckers...
3 Draws in a season, against this lot, is inexcusable. (I call it a draw- penalties are just a lucky shot for one team)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:09:36 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10227 on: May 12, 2024, 09:13:42 pm »

That was a weird one. To be fair you missed a tonne of chances, far more than we did. But how did they manage to score a few against you ill never know. They look so clueless in attack every time i watch them. Even teams like Burnely and Forest construct attacks better.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #10228 on: May 12, 2024, 09:18:32 pm »
That was a weird one. To be fair you missed a tonne of chances, far more than we did. But how did they manage to score a few against you ill never know. They look so clueless in attack every time i watch them. Even teams like Burnely and Forest construct attacks better.
To think that twat Antony scored against us... the embarrassement.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #10229 on: May 12, 2024, 09:32:50 pm »
These dickheads will come 9th

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10230 on: May 12, 2024, 09:33:56 pm »
Remember just a few short weeks ago when the pundits were convinced they’d kick on at get fifth securing a CL place? Went very badly on every count didn’t it?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:39:28 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #10231 on: May 12, 2024, 09:34:07 pm »
These dickheads will end up coming about 9th.

Water shithole. How many more billions will they spend in the next couple of years to not do anything about the basics?

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
« Reply #10232 on: May 12, 2024, 09:37:00 pm »

We were far to casual in the cup game as we were head and shoulders above them BUT they never gave up . The league game like you say we missed a load of chances . They’re just twats , awful awful twats .

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10233 on: May 12, 2024, 09:37:39 pm »
Apprently Sir Jimbo has been told it's cheaper in the long run to build a new stadium than redevelop the current one. So he's purposly letting it rot now.  ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #10234 on: May 12, 2024, 09:42:04 pm »

They hardly played out of their skins. We dominated them but didn’t take our chances whereas they did.
#JFT97

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #10235 on: May 12, 2024, 09:56:05 pm »
So Old Trafford is falling down and Sir Jim wants to get funding for the Wembley of the north, Wasn’t that kind of the idea when City’s ground was built? (For a failed bid for an Olympic games maybe?)  Wasn’t it funded by public money?  Would be strange to do that again in the same town. Maybe they could groundshare?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10236 on: May 12, 2024, 10:00:03 pm »
Can they get conference league or is that gone now?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10237 on: May 12, 2024, 10:06:09 pm »
Can they get conference league or is that gone now?
They still can. If they lose their next game to Newcastle,  that's it.

If Brighton win their last 2, they could finish 9th.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 10:15:24 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
« Reply #10238 on: May 12, 2024, 10:13:29 pm »
Why don’t they just fix that roof ?

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
« Reply #10239 on: May 12, 2024, 10:15:30 pm »
So Old Trafford is falling down and Sir Jim wants to get funding for the Wembley of the north, Wasn’t that kind of the idea when City’s ground was built? (For a failed bid for an Olympic games maybe?)  Wasn’t it funded by public money?  Would be strange to do that again in the same town. Maybe they could groundshare?

I don’t think it’s really falling down . It just needs some TLC . No idea why they want the cost of rebuilding or moving . Most of the ground is only 30 years old at most.