Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 253319 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #480 on: August 20, 2023, 10:15:06 am »
Surprised at some comments here.

As soon as he came on, he found space for himself and started waving for the ball. Could definitely see his keenness to make an impression.

Hope he's a success so we can move Mac to a more advanced role and see this new look Liverpool midfield in full flow.

I don't think anyone has disparaged his willingness to make himself available or his calmness on the ball. The highlighted issue has been his lack of pace especially in terms of recovery runs.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #481 on: August 20, 2023, 10:17:26 am »
;D Not loads of extrapolation required when this is your post on literally the minute the game finished.

🤣🤣

Yeah you’re right, no extrapolation required there.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #482 on: August 20, 2023, 11:58:14 am »
Enjoyed his cameo, especially given we had ten men, good start to life here. It's a good job we got that 3rd goal because the last half an hour would have been hell if not for the breathing room.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #483 on: August 20, 2023, 02:04:28 pm »
it's almost a mantra that players coming to the PL from abroad find the game faster and physically more challenging.  it takes them all by surprise even though they are aware of it beforehand, then they adjust.

Endo will prove to be a very very valuable player for us.  if he's not Usain Bolt so what.  like someone said, in the first 10-15 minutes of the game everyone in red looked half asleep.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #484 on: August 20, 2023, 02:07:30 pm »
Are people really equating a professional athlete being a bit slow after being dunked in the deep end on his first game after the team has gone down to ten men, with their ability to kick a ball or go on a run the morning after a bender?

Please tell me that's a whoosh. :lmao

Endo is too slow to be a woosh, he's more a plod... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: August 20, 2023, 05:20:09 pm »
Wataru Endo: I thought Moises Caicedo had dashed my hopes of Liverpool transfer
David Lynch

Wataru Endo has revealed he thought Moises Caicedo had dashed his hopes of a dream move to the Premier League with Liverpool.

The Japan international's switch to Anfield came about after the Reds had failed to land either of their primary holding midfield targets Caicedo and Romeo Lavia.

In the case of the former, they had even got as far as agreeing a British record £111m fee with Brighton, but missed out once it emerged that the player's preference was a move to Chelsea.

That all led to a shock swoop for Endo, who admits he thought the opportunity of a summer move to England had already passed him by.

Speaking after making his debut in a 3-1 win over Bournemouth, he said: "To be honest I followed Liverpool’s news, that they wanted midfielders they wanted a number six.

"But yeah, I thought Caicedo had gone to Liverpool! (Laughs). So when he went to Chelsea I just thought, maybe, maybe.

“I thought maybe they needed experienced midfielders or something like that, because Henderson had moved, and also Fabinho had moved to another club, so I thought there may be a chance."

Once Liverpool did decide to bring in the unheralded Endo from Stuttgart, they moved quickly to get a deal over the line.

Asked when he had first heard of the Reds' interest, he replied: “It was three or four days ago!

"I heard that Liverpool wanted me, and it was so quick, I had to decide so quickly, but actually I couldn’t say no, because to play in the Premier League was always my dream.

“I always [said] to my agent that I wanted to play Premier League, and play for a top, top team, so here I am!

“My agent called me, and yes, it was a yes straight away that I wanted to come here. I decided immediately.

“A lot of my friends and family are watching but in Japan right, not here, because there was not time for anyone to get here  — I just said goodbye to my family, and came here.

"There weren’t even any Japanese journalists who could get here!"

In preparation for his move to the Premier League, Endo sought the advice of two international teammates familiar with the division.

Among them was Takumi Minamino, who formed part of the Liverpool squad that lifted a first league title in 30 years in 2019-20.

He added: “Yesterday I talked with Taki, but not hours —- he talked about how the team is, and what to expect.

"And also Takehiro Tomiyasu  — we spoke about how the Premier League is, things like that.

"I think I need to keep working hard  — I need time to do it better, to adapt to the physicality, for me it is a great step I think, and yeah I have to get ready for the next game.

"Physically it was more difficult than the Bundesliga - Premier League teams have individually some very strong players, and so yeah, there is a big difference, and also the same tempo but also a bit different in my opinion.

"It is faster, in the Bundesliga nobody has time to take too many touches, but here I have to play one touch football for example. And yeah, I need to change the mindset."

Endo also backed himself to stand up the challenge of moving to the Premier League later in his career than he might have expected.

He continued: "I understand top clubs want young talent, but you know I just try to (say to myself). 'This is the only chance you can move to Liverpool, because they always try to get younger players'.

"But every team can get younger players, right, so yeah I got that chance, and I intend to take it."

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/wataru-endo-moises-caicedo-liverpool-transfer/zd6pgld5rqvqpeftdrk2xktq

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: August 20, 2023, 06:54:30 pm »
I hope anyone who thought he was poor yesterday watched Caicedo's cameo just then.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: August 20, 2023, 07:03:10 pm »
I hope anyone who thought he was poor yesterday watched Caicedo's cameo just then.

To be fair I don’t think anyone actually said he was poor.

But yes Caicedo had a horrible debut cameo coming on in a much easier situation.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #488 on: August 20, 2023, 07:03:20 pm »
Notice how Endo avoided conceding a penalty yesterday?
That's a proper DM.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2023, 07:23:05 pm »
Wow Caicedo's really shit isn't he?

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2023, 07:23:05 pm »
That's a really nice interview, he sounds pretty clued up about what to expect, and what to do.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2023, 07:45:32 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2023, 07:51:50 pm »

Ha ha

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #493 on: August 20, 2023, 08:26:31 pm »

Nah. Caicedo is just slow.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: August 20, 2023, 09:27:26 pm »

Anyone who thought Endo was poor didn't watch the game. As for Caicedo, it's unfortunate for him, but when you bring on a player that cost a British record £115m you expect see something special even in a cameo. He was annonymous apart from ballooning one over the bar and conceding a stupid penalty.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2023, 12:46:45 am »
You wanna know what's cool?

He's not that slow at all.

I went and watched it again with the idea of focusing just on endo, and he was excellent, and as i say not that slow. there was one time he got caught upfield and like everyone else i watched in horror as he got completely dusted by the entire pack, but on second viewing he had just finished basically a 3 minute high speed run where he made a couple of very good defensive plays and also boogied forward at a very nice rate of knots on the counter. Then he went in for a third straight steal attempt but after a scrap they got away on him, and THEN he looked like that coming back. He was totally gassed from non stop effort. I can get behind that.

He basically offers everyone who touches the ball an outlet every time and hes got that Lucas thing of being attracted to the ball like a magnet on d. Very good feeling about this. The speed thing was in the back of my mind too but the only other time he was out of position is when he was fouled and tried to sell it but its the prem so no call. He'll learn about that. 

No problem here.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2023, 01:05:38 am »
it's almost a mantra that players coming to the PL from abroad find the game faster and physically more challenging.  it takes them all by surprise even though they are aware of it beforehand, then they adjust.

Endo will prove to be a very very valuable player for us.  if he's not Usain Bolt so what.  like someone said, in the first 10-15 minutes of the game everyone in red looked half asleep.

Agreed
People have short memories, Fabinho was bought in July 2018, Klopp did not start him until 27th October and his first year was average. Have some patience he was only in England 2 days.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: August 21, 2023, 01:11:38 am »

Agreed
People have short memories, Fabinho was bought in July 2018, Klopp did not start him until 27th October and his first year was average. Have some patience he was only in England 2 days.

Fairly sure his first year wasn't average - he was an absolute stalwart once he got into the lineup - culminating in a great display in the CL final.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: August 21, 2023, 01:22:25 am »

Agreed

That's not entirely true - Fabinho was far from average in the second half of his first season - but I'm sure if you had a look back in his thread on here early November 2018, you would see plenty of criticism of his performance at Arsenal.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: August 21, 2023, 02:01:04 am »

I went and watched it again with the idea of focusing just on endo, and he was excellent, and as i say not that slow. there was one time he got caught upfield and like everyone else i watched in horror as he got completely dusted by the entire pack, but on second viewing he had just finished basically a 3 minute high speed run where he made a couple of very good defensive plays and also boogied forward at a very nice rate of knots on the counter. Then he went in for a third straight steal attempt but after a scrap they got away on him, and THEN he looked like that coming back. He was totally gassed from non stop effort. I can get behind that.

He basically offers everyone who touches the ball an outlet every time and hes got that Lucas thing of being attracted to the ball like a magnet on d. Very good feeling about this. The speed thing was in the back of my mind too but the only other time he was out of position is when he was fouled and tried to sell it but its the prem so no call. He'll learn about that. 

No problem here.

That’s actually interesting might go back myself and have a look some time this week. I thought he was pretty good overall considering the circumstances he was chucked into but that time he got dusted really stood out like a sore thumb and had me a little nervous.

If as you say he was just gassed from sprinting up and down the pitch that would be huge positive as once he settles in and is playing with a full team he’ll be expected to do that a lot less.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: August 21, 2023, 02:47:12 am »
That’s actually interesting might go back myself and have a look some time this week. I thought he was pretty good overall considering the circumstances he was chucked into but that time he got dusted really stood out like a sore thumb and had me a little nervous.

If as you say he was just gassed from sprinting up and down the pitch that would be huge positive as once he settles in and is playing with a full team he’ll be expected to do that a lot less.
Add to that: he was playing in a 10 men team! Had lots of ground to cover.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #501 on: August 21, 2023, 05:03:53 am »

Who ?
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: August 21, 2023, 08:32:49 am »

No problem here.
Thanks for watching it back.
I saw a complication in  a short highlight reel back so it not everybody but really like his scanning and turning under pressure.
The spot where he let the ball run past with two player closing in to escape pressure there was a very nice sight.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #503 on: August 21, 2023, 09:39:27 am »
Hoping he can do a job - doesn't look particularly fast across the ground but hopefully his positioning and sticking to his job means it won't be an issue. If he can battle and break up the play he'll do for a season or two.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: August 21, 2023, 10:21:03 am »
Tidy on the ball and knows where to be to tackle but easy to see that the pace and physicality of the game was more than he was used to (a day after getting here too).

Thought Szoboszlai didn't do much kerbing of his own attacking instincts when down to ten either.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: August 21, 2023, 10:43:12 am »
Endo is too slow to be a woosh, he's more a plod... :D

:D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #506 on: August 21, 2023, 10:54:38 am »

No problem here.
From the match comms

Ah, you can see Endo only been here for a day - no one has had the chance to tell him that you don't get given fouls for that in the PL, especially in a Liverpool shirt.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #507 on: August 21, 2023, 11:16:38 am »
Fairly sure his first year wasn't average - he was an absolute stalwart once he got into the lineup - culminating in a great display in the CL final.

His best game in a red shirt for me came that season the home leg against Barca, he was fantastic.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #508 on: August 21, 2023, 11:27:40 am »

No problem here.
Yup. He’s not.

There’s a moment in the match he steals the ball, Salah gets it and Endo bombs on basically ahead of everyone into the area with Jota.

His head must be spinning with what’s gone on. Hell be sound

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #509 on: August 21, 2023, 11:32:18 am »

No problem here.

The problem though is that isn't what you want from your 6. You don't want him chasing the ball around ending up out of position and allowing teams to run at the back four. Ironically he ended up most of the time higher up the pitch than Szobozslai.

In our system, you want your six screening the back four and ready to drop in between the centre backs. It was an unusual system with us going down to ten men and us playing almost a double pivot with Endo and Szob. Hopefully, if he starts as the six he shows more positional discipline.

It does hint though at what his role is most likely to be as a closer. A high-energy impact sub who comes on and replaces an 8 and stiffens up the midfield. For me we still need to bring in an elite 6.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #510 on: August 21, 2023, 12:44:04 pm »
Yup. He’s not.

There’s a moment in the match he steals the ball, Salah gets it and Endo bombs on basically ahead of everyone into the area with Jota.

His head must be spinning with what’s gone on. Hell be sound

Haha. That situation also stuck out to me. The lad got properly carried away there. Great to see that even a pro can get excited like that in a game...

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2023, 12:50:56 pm »

It's true he went on to have a good season. But he barely played/struggled when he did in those first few months. It was November before he put in a performance of any note despite signing the day after the previous season finished. He was such a non-factor those first couple of months he was being linked to a quick return to France with PSG.

I think it's only fair that we give Endo more than 48 hours to make an impression.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #512 on: August 21, 2023, 02:02:47 pm »
It's true he went on to have a good season. But he barely played/struggled when he did in those first few months. It was November before he put in a performance of any note despite signing the day after the previous season finished. He was such a non-factor those first couple of months he was being linked to a quick return to France with PSG.

I think it's only fair that we give Endo more than 48 hours to make an impression.

That's what I was getting at (clumsily)

I'm pretty sure Fabinho took some time to get going before we saw him at a decent level, certainly longer than the 48 hours Endo had (or Caceido for that matter at Chelsea)

I'm still giving Gakpo and Nunez time, Endo deserves the same
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: August 21, 2023, 02:17:27 pm »
can you imagine ... not sure I can to be honest ... what would have happened on here if Endo had played like Caceido did yesterday? 

jesus christ the roof would have come off the internet.  :)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #514 on: August 21, 2023, 05:03:27 pm »
The problem though is that isn't what you want from your 6. You don't want him chasing the ball around ending up out of position and allowing teams to run at the back four. Ironically he ended up most of the time higher up the pitch than Szobozslai.

In our system, you want your six screening the back four and ready to drop in between the centre backs. It was an unusual system with us going down to ten men and us playing almost a double pivot with Endo and Szob. Hopefully, if he starts as the six he shows more positional discipline.

It does hint though at what his role is most likely to be as a closer. A high-energy impact sub who comes on and replaces an 8 and stiffens up the midfield. For me we still need to bring in an elite 6.
But it's not a problem because he had only just arrived and wasn't up to what role he needs to play, where he needs to be etc.

By the same token we can't tell from that brief, and enforced, cameo what his role will be.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #515 on: August 21, 2023, 05:44:45 pm »
Haha. That situation also stuck out to me. The lad got properly carried away there. Great to see that even a pro can get excited like that in a game...
Haha was like The Ultimate Warriors entrance ;D

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2023, 12:04:36 am »
Endo makes me want to wear a mouth guard when I play tennis.

Got to be prepared for every eventuality. Always ready for war.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2023, 05:15:03 am »
I like the way he looks around constantly making sure he is well aware of the situation around him. The only worry is the speed but if Fabinho can do it without it, Endo can do it too. He has too much experience to tackle any situations while keeping calm. I am very optimistic but please give him some patience.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2023, 05:52:26 am »
Jurgen Klopp on Endo, "Horrible (situation), first game coming in. The two days he had, I'm not surprised."

-- Jurgen Klopp --

That's enough for me. Got to back him up as a fan of Liverpool. And after watching Caicedo... Hahhahaha!!!  ;D  ;D

Endo!! I hope he could be our "Son Goku".

p/s: Pardon me, I know there's a big chance (maybe) the British people (or kids) do not know / following Son Goku.
But it's a thing on my side of the globe.  ;D  ;D  ** I am NOT a Japanese though.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #519 on: August 22, 2023, 05:56:20 am »
A massive test for him this weekend. Newcastle are strong in the midfield.