Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 255925 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #560 on: August 27, 2023, 06:57:21 pm »
He looked a bit lightweight (only watched the second half).

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2023, 06:58:21 pm »
Endo did well, considering the circumstances. His only 2nd game, and we played with 10 men again. When he settles in, he'll be an efficient operator.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #562 on: August 27, 2023, 06:58:34 pm »
Done well when we initially went down to ten, thought the midfield done well stabilising the chaos, tired after that.
AHA!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #563 on: August 27, 2023, 07:01:08 pm »
Great first half to be honest.
:D

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: August 27, 2023, 07:01:35 pm »
I thought he was a bit rubbish to be honest, even before the red. He got dribbled past a fair few times, and looked pretty slow. I'm sure he'll improve, everything is still new for him. He looks better suited to the 8 position than the 6 though.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2023, 07:01:40 pm »
Thought he was a step slow to most things and got worryingly done a few times being dribbled past by Schar and Guimaraes, had a couple of good tackles and interceptions too. Probably the toughest game physically you can play, them or City anyway so a tough first start. Is a bit of a worry how he just doesn't look a particularly good athlete though, that was bigged up as a massive strength.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2023, 07:03:11 pm »
He just doesn’t look quick enough

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2023, 07:08:57 pm »
He just doesn’t look quick enough
Fab was a gazelle...

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2023, 07:15:01 pm »
I honestly have no idea what to think of his performance, but either way we shouldn't be judging him yet. We shouldn't even be playing him yet, really, but needs must.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2023, 07:18:35 pm »
Thought he made us look far more solid defensively, tired after doing another 10 man team defense job.

The fact he tracked back and cut out the cross at one point was a huge positive, not seen Fab do that forever.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2023, 07:21:07 pm »
Thought he made us look far more solid defensively, tired after doing another 10 man team defense job.

The fact he tracked back and cut out the cross at one point was a huge positive, not seen Fab do that forever.

He was supposed to be playing the 6 role but kept getting ahead of the 8's and ahead of the ball. He seems to have no positional discipline and just goes on mad one-man presses.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2023, 07:26:01 pm »
Joelinton tried to use him as a roadblock a few times, and he got back to cut out some aerial balls and interceptions as well. He was bullied by Guimares and Joelinton and stood up to most of it.

With the ball he needs more reps, think he passed it down some blind alleys a couple of times.

Did well I thought.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2023, 07:28:09 pm »
He was supposed to be playing the 6 role but kept getting ahead of the 8's and ahead of the ball. He seems to have no positional discipline and just goes on mad one-man presses.

Our midfield does that quite normally. Szoboszlai often goes beyond the forwards when he presses. Don’t think anyone is saying he’s got no positional discipline here.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2023, 07:29:10 pm »
Shocker when he had like 4 training sessions.
Fabinho in the league cup game game vs chelsea in sept half he signed didnt even look up to speed.
He also played as more of the link player in germany at times.
Idk there was not much to take from this game outside he not up to speed.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: August 27, 2023, 07:29:47 pm »
Some good, some bad, but he's been thrown in with no time to adapt and was up against a difficult midfield to play against, especially with the ref so deep in their pocket.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2023, 07:30:24 pm »
Tough two games for his debuts, I think he has done well to be fair to him. Was often bypassed a bit too easily because he was pressing individually and at wrong moments, that should improve with time. My thoughts about him not looking for long balls seems like a thing, man wants to play the ball on the ground.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2023, 07:30:34 pm »
Shocker when he had like 4 training sessions.
Fabinho in the league cup game game vs chelsea in sept half he signed didnt even look up to speed.
He also played as more of the link player in germany at times.
Idk there was not much to take from this game outside he not up to speed.

People have made their mind up he's FSG being cheapskates rather than watching the guy play.

As you say, Fabinho had lots of bedding in time, Endo has had a week.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2023, 07:33:07 pm »
Our midfield does that quite normally. Szoboszlai often goes beyond the forwards when he presses. Don’t think anyone is saying he’s got no positional discipline here.

An 8 has a license to do that because he is covered by the 6. Who covers for the 6 when he is too high up the pitch.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2023, 07:38:56 pm »
People have made their mind up he's FSG being cheapskates rather than watching the guy play.

Fabinho got plenty of bedding in time because he had previously proved himself as an exceptional player with a high ceiling. The problem with signing a 30-year-old with very little pedigree is that you have a dip whilst he beds in but very little potential upside.

His job today especially when we went down to ten men was to sit and screen the back four not charge forward and get passed around.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2023, 07:45:58 pm »
Bet he would love to play a full game with 11 at this rate.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2023, 07:52:01 pm »
Early days, but has a tendency to let games pass him by, as a 6, it is not a good quality to have.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2023, 07:54:08 pm »
In Japan, we have an old saying:
"Play the game with 11. That is all"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2023, 07:55:28 pm »
Bet he would love to play a full game with 11 at this rate.
He wouldn't know his position. Klopp may not have covered that..  ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2023, 08:06:12 pm »

Im not 100% sold on him being the Guy at the #6 but like he totally do a job in multiple roles. He barely even played with 11 men and had no training time.
He done pretty well considering the circumstances he been in.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2023, 08:36:39 pm »

Fabinho did need time. But it felt more like he needed to adjust to the pace, though he did have a physical presence in the midfield.
Took him time to adjust to how little time he had on the ball, and also the technical requirements of his role. but you could see early on the signs of a quality DM. He wasn't the fastest, but players weren't running off him the way they were this past season.

Endo just looked like a midfielder playing the DM role as a temporary band aid. Players ran off him with ease, it didn't look like he offered any sort of physical shield in front of the defense. He can improve in time his tactical understanding of his role, adjust to the limited time on the ball, but is he going to get any quicker or stronger? Is he just going to grow into a better tackler over time?

I can't believe he'll be the DM that we end up with after the window shuts. You don't just go from a Lavia or Caciedo, to Endo and no one else for the DM spot. I really hope we get someone else in alongside Endo.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2023, 08:52:54 pm »
I think he's over estimating his ability to use his strength and speed to compete. He may be strong enough in those areas to impose himself in Germany but he'll need adapt and rely more on his positioning and timing in the PL because he looks physically average.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2023, 08:53:29 pm »
It would be good for him to be involved in a game with 11 v 11 for more than 30 mins as really the whole plan goes out the window when a player gets sent off.

He’s done alright but again circumstances have to be considered before too much judgement

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #587 on: August 27, 2023, 08:58:28 pm »
These past two games, he must wonder what the fuck he's come into.

He's done more than ok.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: August 27, 2023, 08:59:28 pm »
These past two games, he must wonder what the fuck he's come into.

He's done more than ok.
He shouldn't be a starter IMO. Would be a decent rotation option.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2023, 08:59:57 pm »
Joelinton tried to use him as a roadblock a few times, and he got back to cut out some aerial balls and interceptions as well. He was bullied by Guimares and Joelinton and stood up to most of it.

With the ball he needs more reps, think he passed it down some blind alleys a couple of times.

Did well I thought.

Pretty much my thoughts, better than I would have expressed.

I like him, looking forward to seeing more. Never hides, areas to improve, let's see.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #590 on: August 27, 2023, 09:10:51 pm »
He shouldn't be a starter IMO. Would be a decent rotation option.

In a perfect world, no I don't think he should have started today.  He needs time.  But he was our best option, in my opinion.  Who else could have started there?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: August 27, 2023, 09:12:18 pm »
In a perfect world, no I don't think he should have started today.  He needs time.  But he was our best option, in my opinion.  Who else could have started there?
That's fine but the transfer window is still open.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: August 27, 2023, 09:14:17 pm »
His lack of pace is a worry.
Needs time to full see whethercheviscacstarter or squad player

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #593 on: August 27, 2023, 09:22:32 pm »
Let's see how he does in a normal game with 11 men, in the unlikely case we will be allowed that

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: August 27, 2023, 09:25:28 pm »
Didn't watch the game  :butt , but how did Endo perform during the first hour?
He struggled. If anyone says otherwise they are lying.

But I think soon he will cope with the pace.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2023, 09:34:22 pm »
I don’t think pace is a must in a great number 6, Fabinho was hardly rapid, but it depends on team around that player. With peak Van Dijk, Robertson and Matip/Gomez, it wasn’t a problem for Fabinho, but our current team isn’t as athletic overall.

Konate is an exception among our starters, but he alone isn’t enough and the 6 in the current team needs to provide fast running in addition to positioning and aggression. Not seen much yet of course, but based on the first impressions of Endo, he does not seem to be that sort of player unfortunately.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2023, 10:24:21 pm »
Didn't watch the game  :butt , but how did Endo perform during the first hour?

Thought he was fine for his second game. Again playing difficult circumstances, and even if he wasn't, far too early to judge. Still, much prefer him being in a midfield  3 than Gakpo playing in there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2023, 10:27:31 pm »
Absurd criticism.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: August 27, 2023, 10:33:03 pm »
He struggled. If anyone says otherwise they are lying.

But I think soon he will cope with the pace.
He is bound to struggle down to ten men.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: August 27, 2023, 10:33:16 pm »

Good of you to give him a chance Al. No possibility that he's still learning the brand new system he's playing in?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp