Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 96430 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #1520 on: May 15, 2024, 04:17:03 pm »
37 pts from their last 27 league games, abysmal stuff.

Thankfully that 5th champions league spot didn't materialise this season as we'd only be rewarding extreme mediocrity.

While mostly playing one game a week and with the momentum of a great start.

Chelsea rightly condemned for their awful season but they have at least reached a final and a semi final. They could even still finish above Spurs. And the Mancs managed to blag another cup final.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1521 on: May 15, 2024, 04:23:29 pm »
to be honest i don't understand the sentimient towards their manager. Hes had a mixed first season but improved them. They were shambles last season and a completely different manager and approach as well as losing best player in Kane. As for his comments i know for sure Klopp would share the same bafflement and annoyance towards the bitterness of fans if it happened here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 04:27:21 pm by B0151? »

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1522 on: May 15, 2024, 04:29:57 pm »
to be honest i don't understand the sentimient towards their manager. Hes had a mixed first season but improved them. They were shambles last season and a completely different manager and approach as well as losing best player in Kane.
I was a bit perlexed by his selection against us recently. They looked so much better when the Pigeon came on and Son moved out to the left but perhaps we contributed to their improvement by making so many subs.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1523 on: May 15, 2024, 04:34:37 pm »
I was a bit perlexed by his selection against us recently. They looked so much better when the Pigeon came on and Son moved out to the left but perhaps we contributed to their improvement by making so many subs.
Can't say I've followed them too closely but does seem like their best bit of form was with Richarlison up top

I know their form has been poor second half of season but to use that as an excuse for the fans giving up on a season they've made progress under new coach and at times been exciting is pathetic and loser mentality for me.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: May 15, 2024, 04:49:13 pm »
Mixed feelings. It doesn't really make a lot of sense for Spurs, a team who have qualified for the Champions League multiple times over the last decade or so, to effectively allow their most bitter rivals to win the League just to give themselves a chance to qualify for a competition they've got virtually no chance of winning anyway. At the same time, you obviously can't throw a game.

What's interesting is Ange's response. I think it's pretty clear he did want to win. Spurs are very much like Everton in the sense that the failure of another club is basically equal to the success of their own, and I think it's that that has possibly made Ange question if he's at the right club.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #1525 on: May 15, 2024, 04:52:07 pm »
I must admit that I found it very funny and enjoyable yesterday to see how confused they all were. They want to win, but at the same time they don't. One half of the stadium wants to win, the others don't. I was curious if Son had scored how they would have cheered yesterday

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: May 15, 2024, 05:01:56 pm »
They finished 8th last season and lost kane, wouldve got nearly relegated without his goals. To finish 5th is excellent progress and the football has improved. Especially with his own fans wanting the team to lose, hes not perfect Ange but is doing a lot right in a ridiculous environment.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: May 15, 2024, 05:45:51 pm »
Mixed feelings. It doesn't really make a lot of sense for Spurs, a team who have qualified for the Champions League multiple times over the last decade or so, to effectively allow their most bitter rivals to win the League just to give themselves a chance to qualify for a competition they've got virtually no chance of winning anyway. At the same time, you obviously can't throw a game.

What's interesting is Ange's response. I think it's pretty clear he did want to win. Spurs are very much like Everton in the sense that the failure of another club is basically equal to the success of their own, and I think it's that that has possibly made Ange question if he's at the right club.

The players will want to get in the CL though it’s a shop window and they may not get another chance ALL players want to play in it for sure.

Obviously the board want it as it brings in more money and if you can get into CL regular it helps you attract good players.

Some fans may wanna lose but I can’t imagine ever turning up to a game and want my team to lose the day that happens you might as well give up and it breeds a loser mentality too.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1528 on: May 15, 2024, 05:47:14 pm »
I always find it puzzling that spurs are regarded by the media and opposition fans as some great trophy winning big club and always get mentioned alongside ourselves, Utd ,arsenal etc.
The fact is they last won the league in 61 ,the year i was born ,63 years ago! ! ! ,and it’s like it was a couple of years ago ,they’ve lived off it ever since .during our league drought the media practically had a clock ticking reminding everyone how long it was since we’d won it and that started within a couple of years but with spurs nowt,zilch it’s all,glory glory Tottenham Hotspur ,they get a free pass for being one of the most underperforming clubs in the league .the odd cup final here and there ,win one lose one across the decades .they’ve been abject all my life no real threat to anyone ,even their champions league run in 2019 smelt of a small club getting a good run in the fa cup but knowing that they’d run out of steam eventually.
A making up the numbers club ,deluded fans and players celebrating winning the league in October against 9 man Liverpool with an own goal in the 96th minute to scrape past us with the ref ,linesmen and the VAR team all aiding and abetting them. Pathetic

Bravo, what a dressing down haha. All correct, of course.

Reckon after seeing his post match interview/press conference that he'll leave and he'll be right too. They were a disgrace yesterday and their fanbase is a disgrace today.

It took until the second last game of the season but, finally have a bit of respect for Angemate.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: May 15, 2024, 05:53:14 pm »
The players will want to get in the CL though it’s a shop window and they may not get another chance ALL players want to play in it for sure.

Obviously the board want it as it brings in more money and if you can get into CL regular it helps you attract good players.

Some fans may wanna lose but I can’t imagine ever turning up to a game and want my team to lose the day that happens you might as well give up and it breeds a loser mentality too.

Oh yeah, I'm speaking fully with their fans in mind. I don't buy that Spurs players would be that arsed about Arsenal winning the league, in the same way I find it a bit embarrassing that someone like Richarlison has to pretend to hate us because he played for Everton.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1530 on: May 15, 2024, 06:02:18 pm »
I always find it puzzling that spurs are regarded by the media and opposition fans as some great trophy winning big club and always get mentioned alongside ourselves, Utd ,arsenal etc.
The fact is they last won the league in 61 ,the year i was born ,63 years ago! ! ! ,and it’s like it was a couple of years ago ,they’ve lived off it ever since .during our league drought the media practically had a clock ticking reminding everyone how long it was since we’d won it and that started within a couple of years but with spurs nowt,zilch it’s all,glory glory Tottenham Hotspur ,they get a free pass for being one of the most underperforming clubs in the league .the odd cup final here and there ,win one lose one across the decades .they’ve been abject all my life no real threat to anyone ,even their champions league run in 2019 smelt of a small club getting a good run in the fa cup but knowing that they’d run out of steam eventually.
A making up the numbers club ,deluded fans and players celebrating winning the league in October against 9 man Liverpool with an own goal in the 96th minute to scrape past us with the ref ,linesmen and the VAR team all aiding and abetting them. Pathetic

Before the Premier League they were quite successful. Only two titles but had won two UEFA Cups (More than Arsenal have ever done in Europe) and had a record 8 FA Cups. It's because they've only won a couple of League Cups since that it looks a lot more underwhelming. I'd put them on Everton's level even though the shite used to do better in the league. Spurs have obviously gone ahead in recent years with a Champions League final run, shiny new gaff and probably increased their worldwide fanbase quite a bit. It's all winning without winning though, and we all know who the kings of that are.

Spurs seemed to be a perennial UEFA Cup team to me in the 2000s/early 2010s. What's mad is they never seemed to take it very seriously though, as other English teams themselves did at the time. They preferred to 'get in Europe next season' without ever wanting to actually be in Europe. Think it's changed a bit recently with bigger squads and more money in the game but interesting to see how they do. Still pissed off we took our eyes off it this season when we really should have got to the final and won it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: May 15, 2024, 06:28:33 pm »
I saw a few Spurs jerseys in our Gym today. All of them looked like they won the league. I admit, I wanted us to lose to Chelsea in 2010, but I didn't celebrate it (none of the reds I know did).
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #1532 on: May 15, 2024, 07:38:17 pm »
Before the Premier League they were quite successful. Only two titles but had won two UEFA Cups (More than Arsenal have ever done in Europe) and had a record 8 FA Cups. It's because they've only won a couple of League Cups since that it looks a lot more underwhelming. I'd put them on Everton's level even though the shite used to do better in the league. Spurs have obviously gone ahead in recent years with a Champions League final run, shiny new gaff and probably increased their worldwide fanbase quite a bit. It's all winning without winning though, and we all know who the kings of that are.

Spurs seemed to be a perennial UEFA Cup team to me in the 2000s/early 2010s. What's mad is they never seemed to take it very seriously though, as other English teams themselves did at the time. They preferred to 'get in Europe next season' without ever wanting to actually be in Europe. Think it's changed a bit recently with bigger squads and more money in the game but interesting to see how they do. Still pissed off we took our eyes off it this season when we really should have got to the final and won it.
Their successes were like buses ,wait a few years then two come at once .
Fa cup 61-62 ,then 81 and 82 .
Their league record for this self and media proclaimed behemoth is embarrassing.
1951-1961 .we got derided throughout our 30 year wait ,constantly being reminded how long it was since we had won the league and would we ever win it again.
These lot though,not a peep about how long it has been only to mention the glory of the double season .that was 63 years ago ,you’d have to be around 70 years old to remember it or even to have seen any games as a fan.
European trophies ,1963 ,1973 ,1984 .61 ,51 and forty years ago respectively.not exactly recent .
Even their last fa cup victory was in 91 ,33 years ago .
So yes they’ve had success but al of it is in the very dim and distant past .
They get such a free pass over this as though all  this happened in the last 15 years and they were this relentless winning machine .even their relegation in 77 has been air brushed from history and when they came back up it was all about their two World Cup winning Argentinian stars …they soon got brought down to earth on a lovely late summer’s afternoon in September in anfield . ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1533 on: May 15, 2024, 08:10:12 pm »
Since that FA Cup win 33 years ago, it’s just two league cups. Slightly better than Everton, but not by much.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1534 on: May 15, 2024, 08:53:51 pm »
Since that FA Cup win 33 years ago, it’s just two league cups. Slightly better than Everton, but not by much.

Cheese room versus building a stadium next to the sewage works... clear winner...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: May 15, 2024, 10:07:42 pm »
to be honest i don't understand the sentimient towards their manager. Hes had a mixed first season but improved them. They were shambles last season and a completely different manager and approach as well as losing best player in Kane. As for his comments i know for sure Klopp would share the same bafflement and annoyance towards the bitterness of fans if it happened here.

I suppose it has been a mixed season, but saying it like that suggests it'd been up and down throughout. If it had been that way, then it's probably easier to defend as a season, but it's all about momentum, or complete lack thereof. Postecoglou is coming in for a bit of heat now because of the arc of the season. A great start followed by pretty much shite since the first 10 games. It's now a 27 game sample of very poor results and very few truly good performances. That's not a blip.

He may or may not be a chancer at this level, but to be honest, I'm surprised he's still getting such a soft reception in the media. No European football to juggle. Virtually no cup football to juggle. At worst it was an average season in terms of injuries, nothing terrible at all. And still despite all those favourable conditions they've still only got 37 pts from the past 27 games.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #1536 on: May 15, 2024, 10:31:05 pm »

He may or may not be a chancer at this level, but to be honest, I'm surprised he's still getting such a soft reception in the media. No European football to juggle. Virtually no cup football to juggle. At worst it was an average season in terms of injuries, nothing terrible at all. And still despite all those favourable conditions they've still only got 37 pts from the past 27 games.
Lads, it’s spurs …they’ve had no media scrutiny for nigh on 63 years .
Another average end to yet another average season but they are the London media’s favourite London club for some strange unfathomable reason.
What’s that skip ? They won the league in October…er sorry skip no they didn’t but they can live off that great start to the season as some sort of legendary victory.
They can party like it’s 1961 …apologies to prince  ;)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1537 on: May 15, 2024, 10:57:59 pm »
Cheese room versus building a stadium next to the sewage works... clear winner...

;D

I suppose it has been a mixed season, but saying it like that suggests it'd been up and down throughout. If it had been that way, then it's probably easier to defend as a season, but it's all about momentum, or complete lack thereof. Postecoglou is coming in for a bit of heat now because of the arc of the season. A great start followed by pretty much shite since the first 10 games. It's now a 27 game sample of very poor results and very few truly good performances. That's not a blip.

Very true. Even if, before the season, you said Spurs would have a run of ten games, and a mediocre 27, you’d expect it to be the other way around, as they adapted to the loss of Kane and a new manager. It being the way round it is doesn’t bode well.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1538 on: May 16, 2024, 12:16:10 am »
Did the fans really do the stupid Poznan thing?
We are Liverpool!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: May 16, 2024, 12:31:03 am »
The North London derbies will be fun next season and no mistake........

yes, it's the only London Derby that's like ours v Everton and Man United. Toxic at times, not for the faint-hearted

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: May 16, 2024, 09:24:25 am »

One or two c*nts that the eagle-eyed Sky cameras managed to find yeah.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1541 on: May 16, 2024, 11:01:17 am »

The Sky cameras showed 2 people doing it. Not enough to tar the whole fanbase with it.

I get Arsenal fans are annoyed/disappointed with how the game went and are essentially just taking aim at Spurs as part of that disappointment and trying to level the 'small time' (and all the other big hits) at them, but had Spurs won or got a point and Arsenal went on to win the League, make no mistake - Arsenal would have taunted them for years over it. It wouldn't be quietly forgotten about.

So I can understand why some Spurs fans wanted to lose. I don't think the managers or players made less effort at all. But I get why it would have been confusing for fans.

They'd get nowhere in the CL imo and have a decent chance to progress to the latter stages of the Europa League if they strengthen and take it seriously.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1542 on: May 16, 2024, 11:06:56 am »
One big City aggregate account on X showed a video of hundreds of fans doing it. Daft pricks behind the account were unable to work out it was City fans in the away end doing it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: May 16, 2024, 11:09:10 am »
Stolen from @footballfunnysuk

I bet it doesn't have cup holders.  :lmao :lmao
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1544 on: May 16, 2024, 11:29:38 am »
For a man who wants to win everything, lets not forget he made 10 changes for the league cup away game away to Fulham.
You'd think the first thing to try do would be a cup run, maybe even try and win it.

Fulham put them out, Spurs had no Europe either to contend with.

If anything I think Ange has found his level mate

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: May 16, 2024, 11:34:35 am »
For a man who wants to win everything, lets not forget he made 10 changes for the league cup away game away to Fulham.
You'd think the first thing to try do would be a cup run, maybe even try and win it.

Fulham put them out, Spurs had no Europe either to contend with.

If anything I think Ange has found his level mate

41 matches versus our 58.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1546 on: May 16, 2024, 11:37:28 am »
41 matches versus our 58.

Basically justifying it by saying "we need to get into the champions league mate"

He's failed despite winning the league in September.

They are just North Londons equivalent of Everton, how they managed to blag their way into the super league chat I will never know.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: May 16, 2024, 11:45:30 am »
I haven't really liked this Ange fella since he came in. The "mate" stuff was just all a bit weird and then when he started on his archaic view of what football should be he showed himself as a bit of a dinosaur.

This week has been the first time I've agreed with him. He's thought (rightly or wrongly) that he was at a top team who wanted to progress and play at the highest level. They had a chance (albeit a slim one) to beat City and put themselves in a great position for CL football, above United, Chelsea and Newcastle. Instead they had small-time fans shouting at him to throw the game. I understand the rivalry stuff but Spurs need to get their own house in order, they need a shift in mentality away from the Arsenal hatred (same as Everton do). They had their chance to derail Arsenal's title bid and they failed.

Postecoglu has targets and one was CL football, no doubt. The weird game and performance has cost them that and he's called that out, probably not in the right way but unless the club and fans change that mindset they won't go very far. CL football would've been huge for them and it might be their last realistic chance for a while.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1548 on: May 16, 2024, 12:33:06 pm »
I don't think the guy is intentionally using the word 'mate' as part of his character or media training - it's clearly just a part of his vocabularly, and I'd hazard a guess it's pretty common in the Australian culutre. He possibly uses it as one of those clutch words too, giving himself time to think and maybe it just ends up becoming a habit. Exactly the same as people from these parts using 'like' or 'basically' a lot in a sentence - it's just filler that becomes habit.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1549 on: May 16, 2024, 12:35:40 pm »
The mate stuff is completely normal for an Australian, its proper weird how much people go on about it. I catch myself saying lad  (and mate!) loads of times throughout every single day. He just looks a very normal fella to me.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1550 on: May 16, 2024, 12:39:08 pm »
I don't think the guy is intentionally using the word 'mate' as part of his character or media training - it's clearly just a part of his vocabularly, and I'd hazard a guess it's pretty common in the Australian culutre. He possibly uses it as one of those clutch words too, giving himself time to think and maybe it just ends up becoming a habit. Exactly the same as people from these parts using 'like' or 'basically' a lot in a sentence - it's just filler that becomes habit.

Yep. Agree with you and disgraced cake. It’s just his way of talking. Don’t think it’s forced or trying to be something he isn’t.

I spent just under 12 months there and when I came back a few people asked if I was Australian. Impossible not to mimic the way they speak and to make every thing you say sound like you’re asking a question?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1551 on: May 16, 2024, 01:28:17 pm »
Must admit, it would hilarious if Arsenal did it. Spurs fans would never live it down, at least the ones who disgraced themselves the other night wouldn’t.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1552 on: May 16, 2024, 02:33:33 pm »
Lads, it’s spurs …they’ve had no media scrutiny for nigh on 63 years .
Another average end to yet another average season but they are the London media’s favourite London club for some strange unfathomable reason.
Definitely this and I'd include The BBC.
They have a lot of ex-players and managers in the media who talk them up and there's always been a flashiness about them that seems to attract attention - the ultimate all-fur-coat-and-no-knickers club.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1553 on: May 16, 2024, 02:50:51 pm »
Yep. Agree with you and disgraced cake. It’s just his way of talking. Don’t think it’s forced or trying to be something he isn’t.

I spent just under 12 months there and when I came back a few people asked if I was Australian. Impossible not to mimic the way they speak and to make every thing you say sound like you’re asking a question?
Everyone must have thought you sounded like a bloody drongo, mate?

I think AP has done a decent job, considering where they were and they sold the fella who scored all their goals. And the pigeon hasn't exactly weighed in on that front.

Calling for the culture of the club (no Boy George jokes please) to change is where it gets interesting. Because he's right in that they've accepted mediocrity for too long, and that much like the Ev, the only thing getting fans worked up is getting one over their rivals in red. Not getting full throated support from the fans in a game where a win would mean Champions League football was still possible must have been galling to him. But he's talking as if he has nothing to do with that. He's only their bloody manager, and the most visible figurehead at the club.

Levy exerts far too much control over the incomings and outgoings despite having no football background. Maybe that's what he's talking about - getting a front office staff who are empowered to make decisions on how the squad can be improved, instead of the baldy businessman cosplaying as Michael Edwards.  It'll be a fascinating summer in many ways for them. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #1554 on: May 16, 2024, 02:53:13 pm »
Definitely this and I'd include The BBC.
They have a lot of ex-players and managers in the media who talk them up and there's always been a flashiness about them that seems to attract attention - the ultimate all-fur-coat-and-no-knickers club.
In the days of just bbc and itv covering football I would definitely include the bbc .terry venebles was always in the studio to give his views ,hoddle too.
The ultimate all fur coat and no knickers is a perfect discription and sums them up perfectly  ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: May 16, 2024, 02:55:55 pm »
Someone inside the club told him to throw the game, thats why he looks shell shocked .

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #1556 on: May 16, 2024, 03:59:20 pm »
Someone inside the club told him to throw the game, thats why he looks shell shocked .
I wasn’t really bothered about ange at the start of the season,he was just the latest in a long line of bum of the month managers for them .but his old line of ,it’s what we do mate ,it’s who we are mate ,did start to grate even though it was funny watching them just be the old ,lads it’s spurs ,act.
But the other night I did genuinely feel sorry for him in the post match interview as he looked crest fallen and completely down that his own fans couldn’t support them with all to play for ,when more about not doing arsenal a favour.
Is that true that someone told him to throw the game?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1557 on: May 16, 2024, 04:06:44 pm »

I’d say (and I’m very shocked about this) that you’ve embellished the truth somewhat there chief. :D

I reckon someone within the club has joked about losing or not wanting to see Arsenal win the league. In itself that’s pretty small time but I very much doubt someone came up to him in hushed tones and suggested it would be in his interests to let City win this one.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: May 16, 2024, 04:17:13 pm »
I’d say (and I’m very shocked about this) that you’ve embellished the truth somewhat there chief. :D

I reckon someone within the club has joked about losing or not wanting to see Arsenal win the league. In itself that’s pretty small time but I very much doubt someone came up to him in hushed tones and suggested it would be in his interests to let City win this one.

He wouldnt talk about the culture “inside and out” “but its ok ill go back to the drawing board “ if he just meant the fans.

He wouldve said “everyone on the inside wants to win”

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: May 16, 2024, 04:27:39 pm »
I wasn’t really bothered about ange at the start of the season,he was just the latest in a long line of bum of the month managers for them .but his old line of ,it’s what we do mate ,it’s who we are mate ,did start to grate even though it was funny watching them just be the old ,lads it’s spurs ,act.
But the other night I did genuinely feel sorry for him in the post match interview as he looked crest fallen and completely down that his own fans couldn’t support them with all to play for ,when more about not doing arsenal a favour.
Is that true that someone told him to throw the game?

Definitely went up in my estimation. Spurs fans i know are all turning against him “we lost 4 in a row, where was his winning attitude then” which is possibly fair but im not having it mate.