Author Topic: Man United - Manchester's Other Team  (Read 37397 times)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United - Manchester's Other Team
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2023, 08:21:10 am »
Well done Rachel Riley.

https://news.sky.com/story/mason-greenwood-countdowns-rachel-riley-says-shell-stop-supporting-manchester-united-if-striker-stays-12942074

The really worrying thing is that according to reports the football staff at United are all onboard bringing him back. I'm beginning to think football as a sport is further in the gutter than anyone could have ever imagined.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2023, 08:24:10 am »
Well done Rachel Riley.

https://news.sky.com/story/mason-greenwood-countdowns-rachel-riley-says-shell-stop-supporting-manchester-united-if-striker-stays-12942074

The really worrying thing is that according to reports the football staff at United are all onboard bringing him back. I'm beginning to think football as a sport is further in the gutter than anyone could have ever imagined.

I came to this conclusion a while back.  One of the reasons why I couldn't care less if the whole thing disappeared tomorrow.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2023, 08:41:11 am »
Well done Rachel Riley.

They are all extremely rich young men, why anybody thinks they are, by and large, not a gang of scumbags is beyond me. Money corrupts, they are not like us normal folk and don't think of themselves as such.

That's why I have to ignore every social initiative etc that they are involved in, taking the knee, rainbow laces etc etc. It's all bullshit, complete and utter bullshit. If you think they give one iota of a fuck about anything else but themselves and their moneyed ilk then you've not been watching them properly.

The odd one like Rashford may have a true pang on conscience every now and again but odds on he's a scuzzball as well 90% of the time.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2023, 09:09:28 am »
One thing everyone associated with that club needs to remember, he's not been found innocent, the case was dropped as "there was no longer a realistic prospect of a conviction" after witnesses withdrew their cooperation.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2023, 09:25:36 am »
What I find most despicable is the cunning and planned positioning performed by Manchester United. The narrative they are building is one of club being 'confused, unsure, searching'. Poor Manchester United is lost in a whirlwind of conflicting information and interests you see, they are navigating blindly through this dense moral fog, doing their best you see, asking all stakeholders you see. It's not their fault they'll sail out of this dense fog right in front of 'Greenwood Plays Island' - it was very dense this moral fog you see, they had no idea the ship was sailing this way.

Sad reality is that they have already made the decision to re-integrate this woman abusing scumbag into their first team. All they are doing now is searching for a way to do it without it blowing up in their face too violently.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #366 on: August 21, 2023, 04:10:20 pm »
Disgusting they let it go this far regardless.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #367 on: August 21, 2023, 04:19:14 pm »
Absolutely meaningless statement. He's not been sacked, He's not had his contract ripped up. He basically been transfer listed. Which means a club will have to come in and bid for him, arrange fee and terms with the club and player.

This had the PFA, employment lawyers and agents meetings written all over it.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: August 21, 2023, 04:21:36 pm »
“Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged."

Shameful statement.

Anyone who listened to that recording will know exactly who and what this individual is. For United to claim it "did not provide a full picture" is disgusting.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #369 on: August 21, 2023, 04:23:22 pm »
Shameful statement.

Anyone who listened to that recording will know exactly who and what this individual is. For United to claim it "did not provide a full picture" is disgusting.

How the fuck did they come to that conclusion? Basically he told them he didn't do it and they've decided to go with that by the sounds of it.

So if no one wants to buy him he remains there then?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #370 on: August 21, 2023, 04:23:46 pm »
Had to happen.

Based on how unfair it would be, he'll probably go to Saudi and earn a fortune.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2023, 04:25:21 pm »
Had to happen.

Based on how unfair it would be, he'll probably go to Saudi and earn a fortune.

Taking with him the poor victim and baby to continue living a life of hell no doubt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2023, 04:30:19 pm »
That statement

Errr… we don’t think he did anything at all… he’s explained everything…

But we paid him off anyway
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2023, 04:30:49 pm »
His statement is even worse.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2023, 04:32:32 pm »
Why have they sacked him/transfer listed him/decided he has no future - if they don't think he has done anything wrong?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2023, 04:34:45 pm »
"He remains on full pay but will not return to training with United."

Worked out alright for him didn't it.  No prison time, still shacked up the the girl he is beating up, the kid on the way so she has even less chance of leaving.

Any club offering him something will give him a signing on bonus, a welcome e.t.c

But until then he get full Premier League player salary without having to go to work at all.

The bastards always seem to end up on top.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #376 on: August 21, 2023, 04:36:04 pm »
As much as I don't like Manchester United this is the correct decision not to keep him on.

We can be mealy-mouthed about their statement, but the right decision was made.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2023, 04:36:16 pm »
He claims in his statement he was cleared of all charges in February - that's a lie.

This is just absolutely shameful for Manchester United.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2023, 04:43:03 pm »
He claims in his statement he was cleared of all charges in February - that's a lie.

This is just absolutely shameful for Manchester United.

And potentially another one coming soon, Antony's girlfriend is pressing charges in Brazil too.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #379 on: August 21, 2023, 04:43:17 pm »
As much as I don't like Manchester United this is the correct decision not to keep him on.

We can be mealy-mouthed about their statement, but the right decision was made.

They've not terminated his contract, they have just said he is up for sale/loan.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #380 on: August 21, 2023, 04:48:23 pm »
I'm not sure they can legally terminate his contract, can they?  This is the best they can do (ignoring their attempts to keep him on).

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2023, 04:50:07 pm »
"Lads, it's Man Utd" ;)

Looked hopeless against Spurs. Expect some legs to be broken in the next game if their preseason antics + anger are anything to go by
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #382 on: August 21, 2023, 04:52:35 pm »
They've not terminated his contract, they have just said he is up for sale/loan.

Yeah we can say that's poor and it is, but even poorer would be if they tried to keep him and play him.

Not saying it's perfect and I'm not a fan of them, but they have got rid. Which I think we can agree is the right move.

We can certainly argue about how far that has gone and scrutiny would be on a club in this country signing him. I imagine he might play in a foreign league somewhere, but who knows. Morality isn't really a key things thesedays in football is it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #383 on: August 21, 2023, 04:52:43 pm »
I'm not sure they can legally terminate his contract, can they?  This is the best they can do (ignoring their attempts to keep him on).

I don't think they can, I saw a person who works in sports law on tv the other week and he stated because Greenwood was never charged never mind found guilty means if they did he could sue them for breach of contract or something.

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2023, 04:53:48 pm »
As much as I hate United they are in a difficult place with this. Any hint from them that the scrote has done anything wrong and they will likely end up in court. Their statement has been very carefully worded.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2023, 04:56:57 pm »
OK fair enough that makes sense then lads.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2023, 05:04:14 pm »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2023, 05:04:14 pm »
As much as I hate United they are in a difficult place with this. Any hint from them that the scrote has done anything wrong and they will likely end up in court. Their statement has been very carefully worded.
Based on reporting they wanted to bring him back in to the first team and it looks like they only backed down after the latest bad PR so it's hard to have any sympathy for them.

I know it'll never be put out there, but it'd be interesting to know what alternative evidence there is they claim to have or what Greenwood thinks were mistakes he made (getting caught would be my guess)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 21, 2023, 05:04:26 pm »
So they’ve concluded he didn’t commit the offences he was accused of?

How the fuck can they know that?  That’s in no way their place.

They’ve also said that Mason acknowledges he’s made mistakes.  What mistakes were these? Be clear, because you've just said he didn’t do it the offences he was accused of.

And if all this is the case, why get rid of him?

This statement is a fucking pile of shit. How could they make such a mess of it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2023, 05:12:23 pm »
Get ready for a piss boiler: https://twitter.com/JohnMcMah0n/status/1693631122981224800

What an absolute c*nt.

I thought he was going to say something like he was disappointed she pulled her testimony etc, but way worse, some full on victim blaming because his team are now a player down. Un-fucking-believable.

And people are surprised the shit fans do in stadiums and groups. Football really does bring out the worst in some people.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2023, 05:15:15 pm »
Should have happened far earlier. Again if he was a reserve player with 12 months left on his deal, he'd have been let go a lot sooner

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2023, 05:15:47 pm »
Get ready for a piss boiler: https://twitter.com/JohnMcMah0n/status/1693631122981224800

He's an ex bizzy that fella, probably to be expected he'd have that viewpoint. Shameless.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2023, 05:24:25 pm »
Has he not had his contract terminated ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #393 on: August 21, 2023, 05:26:42 pm »
Has he not had his contract terminated ?

Don't think they can.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: August 21, 2023, 05:26:51 pm »
Should get out the whole game, vermin he is.  This should never be forgotten and should haunt him for the rest of his life.  Remember, this is what was said in the video:

Spoiler
[close]

Hidden due to possible triggering for those who've suffered sexual trauma.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #395 on: August 21, 2023, 05:27:59 pm »
Don't think they can.

Why not ?

This is terrible PR from them.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #396 on: August 21, 2023, 05:31:47 pm »
As people have said, shit statement from United. Scummy club all over as we all know.

Hopefully no club in England goes anywhere near the slimy little c*nt.

If he weren't as talented a footballer as he is, United would have dumped him immediately. 

United showing everyone their hand again, they were certainly planning to bring him back until they saw the outrage from various corners. Absolutely vile club.

Also a lot of disgusting posts over on Redcafe. Mostly victim blaming and talking about how cancel culture/the woke brigade has robbed them of their "best academy product in decades". Scummiest set of fans in football.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 05:40:36 pm by MJD-L4 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: August 21, 2023, 05:34:55 pm »
Should get out the whole game, vermin he is.  This should never be forgotten and should haunt him for the rest of his life.  Remember, this is what was said in the video:

Spoiler
[close]

Hidden due to possible triggering for those who've suffered sexual trauma.
And then there are the photos…
Domestic abuse goes on for far too long before the victim walks out..
W

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #398 on: August 21, 2023, 05:37:32 pm »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 21, 2023, 05:40:51 pm »
Based on reporting they wanted to bring him back in to the first team and it looks like they only backed down after the latest bad PR so it's hard to have any sympathy for them.

I know it'll never be put out there, but it'd be interesting to know what alternative evidence there is they claim to have or what Greenwood thinks were mistakes he made (getting caught would be my guess)

Yeah it's odd, Maybe they can't legally terminate his contract but they're saying that audio isn't what it seems. I realise they won't but without explaining further, it doesn't really wash. Seems like they were testing the waters to bring him back but the backlash was too much.

Also begs the question where he actually goes, can't see fans of any club wanting him (maybe Newcastle and Man City would, they don't seem to have a problem with it). Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to a PIF owned club in Saudi. Wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd bring him back either, after they think some of the furore has died down.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.