Author Topic: Man United - Manchester's Other Team  (Read 37640 times)

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United - Manchester's Other Team
« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2023, 08:02:37 am »
It's almost as if they are blaming the victim herself. Greenwood also has not been proven innocent, the charges were dropped due to circumstances people saw the photographs and heard the tape. If they are saying he was "innocent" do they think it was her fault instead, that she made him do it? Just incredibly insensitive how they have worded the statement it's planned to make them look as if they have done everything they can, but everyone knows the mess they have made of this. It makes you desapir.

Have you read Greenwood's statement?
I fully accept I made mistakes in my relationship, and I take my share of responsibility for the situations which led to the social media post.

"My share of responsibility" very much seems like victim blaming.

Absolutely stinks to high heaven.  For the family, I wouldn't even know where to start, you'd hope they want to abide by their daughter's wishes and then hope that there's nothing more sinister/financial behind it.

As soon as the audio/images were released, her dad was defending him in the press.

The victim in this seems to have been massively let down by a number of people.
Greenwood was charged with controlling and coercive behaviour, he then breached his bail conditions to contact the victim without consequence.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2023, 08:27:22 am »
The girls family doesn’t come out of this well either, she has been badly let down by them and the club showing support to the wealthy footballer. So many people should be ashamed of themselves for their behaviour in this case.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2023, 09:18:07 am »
Some are trying to excuse this as just role play and that she's had the support of the whole country but still gone back to him proving it was nothing really!!

Fuck my life they have absolutely no understanding of how "controlling and coercive behaviour" works at all  :butt

I'll guarantee that as night always follows day it'll happen again, most likely within the next year or so.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 09:23:10 am by reddebs »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #443 on: August 22, 2023, 09:23:10 am »

Have you read Greenwood's statement?
"My share of responsibility" very much seems like victim blaming.

As soon as the audio/images were released, her dad was defending him in the press.

The victim in this seems to have been massively let down by a number of people.
Greenwood was charged with controlling and coercive behaviour, he then breached his bail conditions to contact the victim without consequence.
Exactly what is greenwood taking the blame for??

He’s innocent of all charges (so he and the club tell us).

So what HAS he done wrong and why is he leaving then?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: August 22, 2023, 09:29:22 am »

Also the clips we've seen need to be taken in context of the wider (but unseen) evidence.....call me cynical, but if it does exonerate  him why wouldn't you make it available.....especially if it would mean you could carry on your Man U career unblemished.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #445 on: August 22, 2023, 09:30:14 am »
The girls family doesn’t come out of this well either, she has been badly let down by them and the club showing support to the wealthy footballer. So many people should be ashamed of themselves for their behaviour in this case.

Yep. From the start its seemed that her family didn't want to give up Greenwood's money. Her dad was almost immediately defending him and it just smacked of worry that they were going to lose their gravy train, rather than him being concerned for his daughters wellbeing. From the outside looking in, it seems this poor girl has been manipulated by wronguns on all sides.

Anyone saying "she wouldn't get back/have a baby with him if he was guilty" obviously has no understanding of how domestic abuse cases can work.

Why would multi-millionaire Mason Greenwood's girlfriend take him back? I can think of multiple millions of reasons.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #446 on: August 22, 2023, 09:33:05 am »
He's not innocent until he's been through a UK court process

I think you will find the legal system in this country works the other way round
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #447 on: August 22, 2023, 09:39:45 am »
I think you will find the legal system in this country works the other way round
Sorry. Worded incorrectly. I'd like to see his innocence challenged in the UK courts.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #448 on: August 22, 2023, 09:48:59 am »

He's won the legal battle, but lost in the court of public opinion.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: August 22, 2023, 09:51:05 am »
Also the clips we've seen need to be taken in context of the wider (but unseen) evidence.....call me cynical, but if it does exonerate  him why wouldn't you make it available.....especially if it would mean you could carry on your Man U career unblemished.
He's been exonerated though, according to the law at least, anything after that is just voyeurism.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2023, 10:02:15 am »

Correct me if I am wrong plz but did it not come out her father pressured her to drop it, Mason was a good boy etc (man clearly wants the bag)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2023, 10:09:19 am »
He's been exonerated though, according to the law at least, anything after that is just voyeurism.

I don’t think he has been cleared the evidence will always condemn him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2023, 10:14:27 am »
Correct me if I am wrong plz but did it not come out her father pressured her to drop it, Mason was a good boy etc (man clearly wants the bag)

That was my understanding also.  He seemed to be siding with Greenwood over his own daughter which seemed very odd.  I mean even if you feel like you have legitimate reason to be doubtful or unsure about the accusations from your own daughter, why on earth are you sharing this with the tabloids?  Scandalous country England.

Here's a prediction, Chelsea are in need of a goalscorer and his personality seems to fit them down to the ground.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that they are one of the clubs in for him and that's where he ends up.  In fact I'm almost certain of it.

Offline Micky55

• Kemlynite
« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2023, 10:20:32 am »
What they should have done is dismissed him for bringing the club into disrepute citing the video & audio. You can bet your bottom dollar he wouldn't take them to court or a tribunal where that would be a defense for the club. No need for any witness statements either. Open goal for them & they missed it.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: August 22, 2023, 10:46:11 am »
Danny Murphy was on the radio yesterday, not once but twice, sticking up for Greenwood. The cliches were rolling off the tongue. He's a young boy, we've all made mistakes, he'll learn from this, he'll be getting the help he needs, he'll come back a better person, he should be allowed to play now.
Amongst the empty words there was not 1 mention of how he must have made that girl feel or what that has done to her. All about Greenwood and how he can make sure he is ok. That sums up a lot of footballers for me, ex and current. Being a footballer seems to elevate them to be better than everyone else. Prick

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #455 on: August 22, 2023, 10:48:58 am »

He has not in any shape or form been exonerated - the very definiation of that term is an official body clearing you of any wrong doing.  No court or official did that with Greenwood.  Charges being dropped is completely different and should always be said if any tries to say he is innocent or been exonerated

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #456 on: August 22, 2023, 10:57:29 am »
There is some nuance to this in a lot of ways. I as a personal opinion have no doubt he was guilty of what was put forward as from personal experience if things like the audio/pictures got released, you can guarantee that worse or similar has been going on for quite some time and isn't known to the public.  The whole situation around the girl refusing to cooperate and her parents' weird comments will never be fully understood except by those involved and I suspect the police also.

That said, he wasn't tried in court and isn't guilty of any criminal offence currently, so he does have a right to earn a living, whether that's play football or seek any form of employment.  It's hard to see how that happens over the next few months as any club that looks to sign him will likely drag themselves through the mud - so not sure what happens there.  United have already done this by trying to stage-manage his return and coerce (ironically) the women's team into taking the fall.  United really should've let him go and let it be someone else's problem to be honest.

One of the issues for me if I was a football club - and I don't particularly like saying this as it feels morbid - it's extremely rare in my experience that a leopard changes his spots (particularly if one stays in the same toxic relationship, which is what seems to have happened). I wouldn't be convinced that if I signed Greenwood, me and my club wouldn't be on the hook for something else similar or worse over the next few years.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2023, 11:02:31 am »
One of the issues for me if I was a football club - and I don't particularly like saying this as it feels morbid - it's extremely rare in my experience that a leopard changes his spots (particularly if one stays in the same toxic relationship, which is what seems to have happened). I wouldn't be convinced that if I signed Greenwood, me and my club wouldn't be on the hook for something else similar or worse over the next few years.

This is key for me.  In Greenwood's mind, the fact that his girlfriend and her family are all ok with what happened will make him think he did nothing wrong.  His statement already kind of alluded to that, I think he sees it as shared blame and his regret is probably just not doing more to keep her quiet at the time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 22, 2023, 11:11:57 am »
Danny Murphy was on the radio yesterday, not once but twice, sticking up for Greenwood. The cliches were rolling off the tongue. He's a young boy, we've all made mistakes, he'll learn from this, he'll be getting the help he needs, he'll come back a better person, he should be allowed to play now.
Amongst the empty words there was not 1 mention of how he must have made that girl feel or what that has done to her. All about Greenwood and how he can make sure he is ok. That sums up a lot of footballers for me, ex and current. Being a footballer seems to elevate them to be better than everyone else. Prick

Are you surprised?  Plebs (fans) worship them like gods and they are paid millions!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2023, 11:27:24 am »
Blokes like this think they are untouchable.  More so spoiled mollycoddled footballers who have been fawned over from young, earn obscene amounts of money and can do practically what they want.  They live on another planet.

There's a good chance this will happen again, but it might never get beyond closed doors again.  She's been badly badly supported.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2023, 11:29:23 am »
My take is, they had to cut ties, and they knew it, but they also saw him as a sellable asset and tried to sugar coat the whole episode so all parties could come out of it and not look bad. They failed miserably. They probably know that as well.

At the end of the day, it's all about the money. Turns my stomach.

This. I doubt they'd have tied themselves in knots over a moderately talented youth or reserve player. I thought it was telling that they are looking to find him a new club rather than just paying up his contract. They're still going to make money on him regardless of where he ends up

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2023, 11:41:30 am »
The defending of him from a lot of their supporters on 'that' forum is so scary. 

''His girlfriend wants to move on with him but the public moral police don't like that''

''Let he (her) without sin cast the first stone! The moral high ground is getting mighty overcrowded .Have none of you been 19 and done things you maybe regretted?''

Its so easy to lose faith in humanity sometimes.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #462 on: August 22, 2023, 11:45:32 am »
This. I doubt they'd have tied themselves in knots over a moderately talented youth or reserve player. I thought it was telling that they are looking to find him a new club rather than just paying up his contract. They're still going to make money on him regardless of where he ends up

The contract has been mutually terminated hasn't it?  They won't be loaning or selling him

Sorry - just reread the wording, you are correct - it is mutually agreed for him to leave the club
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 11:50:34 am by Oh Campione »

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 22, 2023, 12:00:19 pm »
You don't know what "exonerated" means.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2023, 12:07:45 pm »
''Let he (her) without sin cast the first stone! The moral high ground is getting mighty overcrowded .Have none of you been 19 and done things you maybe regretted?''

Holy hell!  :o

What a privilege it must be to view (alleged) sexual assault and domestic violence as just a 'regret'...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 12:15:40 pm by Koplass »
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2023, 12:37:29 pm »
You don't know what "exonerated" means.
True, exonerated is not the right word. But it doesn't alter the fact that all people are going on is what they have gleaned from a limited set of sources. I dislike Greenwood and don't doubt he has an unlovely temperament and is horrible in a domestic setting. But I am also not fond of the mob mentality that has grown up around this case. Tis the thin end of the wedge and when it inevitably swings towards someone new, this will serve as a pretty bad precedent.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2023, 12:56:12 pm »
True, exonerated is not the right word. But it doesn't alter the fact that all people are going on is what they have gleaned from a limited set of sources. I dislike Greenwood and don't doubt he has an unlovely temperament and is horrible in a domestic setting. But I am also not fond of the mob mentality that has grown up around this case. Tis the thin end of the wedge and when it inevitably swings towards someone new, this will serve as a pretty bad precedent.

I get your point but beyond having video footage of him assaulting her, the evidence couldn't be more damning.

Men get away with sexual violence on such a vast scale and even when there's an audio recording of a man coercing/threatening a woman and photo evidence of her having been attacked, people will still pull the 'there's two sides to every story' or 'innocent until proven guilty' excuse.

Unless a man openly admits to it (which they almost never do), it seems there will always be someone ready to believe his innocence. As a woman, it’s beyond depressing that the one time the general public are actually willing to believe a woman might not be lying, it’s labelled ‘mob mentality’. 
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2023, 12:57:53 pm »

Sorry, any arguement like this that features a BUT... is just defending his actions

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2023, 01:02:47 pm »
Can't believe they've allowed a statement to go out in which Greenwood himself lies about being cleared as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #469 on: August 22, 2023, 01:06:21 pm »
If they do sell him then they need to donate the fee to a charity for domestic abuse.

They won’t but they should.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: August 22, 2023, 01:47:04 pm »

When pundits put out shit like this, you can normally follow leads to find a connection between them and the player. Usually they share the same agent/agency or something. Pretty sure Murphy has been found out for this before.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2023, 01:55:50 pm »
He has not in any shape or form been exonerated - the very definiation of that term is an official body clearing you of any wrong doing.  No court or official did that with Greenwood.  Charges being dropped is completely different and should always be said if any tries to say he is innocent or been exonerated

Its fucking scary how few people realise this, even in one page in this thread.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2023, 02:10:32 pm »
Sorry, any arguement like this that features a BUT... is just defending his actions
That's far too narrow an interpretation. You're suggesting I am condoning violence? No, I am saying that in the absence of proper evidence (and your interpretation of what you consider proper evidence is too subjective) we need to be careful about how the individuals in this case (all of them) are treated. The fact you can confidently come out and state that a person's career should be ended on your say so alone is exactly what I am warning against. I am not condoning anything, I am stating that mob rule is a dangerous mindset to cultivate.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2023, 02:11:58 pm »
That's far too narrow an interpretation. You're suggesting I am condoning violence? No, I am saying that in the absence of proper evidence (and your interpretation of what you consider proper evidence is too subjective) we need to be careful about how the individuals in this case (all of them) are treated. The fact you can confidently come out and state that a person's career should be ended on your say so alone is exactly what I am warning against. I am not condoning anything, I am stating that mob rule is a dangerous mindset to cultivate.
There's video and audio footage. Hard to get less subjective than that.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2023, 02:13:14 pm »
If they do sell him then they need to donate the fee to a charity for domestic abuse.

They won’t but they should.
Nah, they consider them hostile. Won't happen  :-X

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2023, 02:25:19 pm »
It's been a while, can someone remind me how the audio tape became public please? I am pretty sure she put it up on Instagram or Facebook, I am sure I found it a bit strange at the time anyway.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2023, 02:30:11 pm »
It's been a while, can someone remind me how the audio tape became public please? I am pretty sure she put it up on Instagram or Facebook, I am sure I found it a bit strange at the time anyway.

It’s was uploaded to Instagram.

Why was that strange ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2023, 02:32:24 pm »
It’s was uploaded to Instagram.

Why was that strange ?

People generally report a crime to the police and not on social media I'm guessing?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #478 on: August 22, 2023, 02:36:01 pm »
When the conviction rate for this kind of shit is so pathetic, she absolutely did the right thing in uploading it to social media.  If she hadn't, he'd be playing for Utd now because none of us would've known what was really going on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: August 22, 2023, 02:37:30 pm »
You are correct, I am stating that you condone this violent act.  The video and audio evidence makes it very easy to not be subjective.

I'm sure you won't agree with me on this but in my opinion he does not deserve his priviledged career.  He deserves the chance to rehabilitation but not while representing a major sporting instituation, earning £100k per week and being a public figure
I tell you I am not condoning any alleged actions and you are now making very serious accusations against me. I will not stand for that, so either take it back or I will put in a complaint.