Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 389741 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8800 on: May 15, 2024, 10:54:05 am »
So stop whining now, your club were in the thick of it

Yet no effort to condemn the City fans who glorify in the blood money they receive from Abu Dhabi.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8801 on: May 15, 2024, 10:54:42 am »
Happens everywhere in modern football, Klopp applauding an anfield with 3 stands completely empty in his final home european game is one of the saddest things ive seen this season.

Not even close to being true.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8802 on: May 15, 2024, 10:56:19 am »
So stop whining now, your club were in the thick of it

wenger called it financial doping, you were calling him a whinger back then.

We didn’t want our players to leave those greedy traitors jumped ship after wenger made them

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8803 on: May 15, 2024, 10:57:49 am »
Yet no effort to condemn the City fans who glorify in the blood money they receive from Abu Dhabi.

I'm constantly reminding the city fans I know where the money comes from, might as well try to knit fog, they just don't care and some laugh that they are openly cheating
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8804 on: May 15, 2024, 11:01:15 am »
Easy to say with hindsight. "People" had no idea what it meant when players like Shinawatra and Abramovich got involved with the PL.

Gives you no right to speak on behalf of any of us.

Yeah, I bet. My mates, season ticket holders, are gutted.
I guess you didn't have any idea. But many said it then and also say it now.

I am very likely on record here saying that I didn't enjoy Man City's first title win (PS: I somehow do have a soft spot for Mancini because of the player he was).

If I am consistent regarding Chelsea, Man City and even Newcastle when they were about to pip Man Utd for fourth* last season, I do have the right to speak. Missing out on a trophy has no bearing when it's about the game.

Edit: Third or whatever it was during the season.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 11:12:25 am by Bullet500 »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8805 on: May 15, 2024, 11:04:08 am »
I'm constantly reminding the city fans I know where the money comes from, might as well try to knit fog, they just don't care and some laugh that they are openly cheating

I know I saw a City fan glorifying in all the charges against them, they wear it like an armour. Yet for some reason we and Arsenal fans argue amongst ourselves rather than take the battle to City and those fans who love their sports washing masters. It makes little sense to me any of this. But then as Klopp himself said in that interview nobody can take away what we achieved with him. He's entirely right, why do so many people refuse to accept this.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8806 on: May 15, 2024, 11:04:16 am »
Can't see how they improve on this season & they ended up with nothing.

I think they'd improve with a better no. 9.

I doubt they'll be as lucky with injuries again, and teams will have had a look at them and will be formulating counter-measures.
Plus also the mentality of the players will be tested, if they fall behind City early on.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8807 on: May 15, 2024, 11:06:01 am »
Happens everywhere in modern football, Klopp applauding an anfield with 3 stands completely empty in his final home european game is one of the saddest things ive seen this season.

It doesn't. And you're wrong. We all know it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8808 on: May 15, 2024, 11:07:28 am »
I know I saw a City fan glorifying in all the charges against them, they wear it like an armour. Yet for some reason we and Arsenal fans argue amongst ourselves rather than take the battle to City and those fans who love their sports washing masters. It makes little sense to me any of this. But then as Klopp himself said in that interview nobody can take away what we achieved with him. He's entirely right, why do so many people refuse to accept this.

Totally right.

Klopps 1 title is worth more than citys 7/8 whatever it is. If we win it once we ll celebrate it more than their entire trophy cabinet.
The problem is the rest of the country actually supports them because their own teams have no chance of winning, look at spurs yesterday, throwing their own manager and players under the bus, never seen a manager so angry post match. City are benefiting so much from club rivalry among proper clubs.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8809 on: May 15, 2024, 11:09:28 am »
Not even close to being true.
Thank you.

Despite the stated fact that if it couldn't be us, I wanted Arsenal to win the league it's great to have it posted out that TNB isn't just a snide, but a bullshitting snide.
You didn't see it ;D

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8810 on: May 15, 2024, 11:10:05 am »
What are you blathering on about now, in the Arsenal thread?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #8811 on: May 15, 2024, 11:12:30 am »
Can’t believe that Son chance.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8812 on: May 15, 2024, 11:13:08 am »
Thank you.

Despite the stated fact that if it couldn't be us, I wanted Arsenal to win the league it's great to have it posted out that TNB isn't just a snide, but a bullshitting snide.You didn't see it ;D

No i watched it and when the camera panned out there were huge empty sections, entire upper sections of red seats . I felt sad about it. Nothing snide, I genuinely felt sad.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8813 on: May 15, 2024, 11:14:32 am »

Went to bed at 1-0, knew it was over when they scored. No need to prolong the agony, so i missed the drama, that always ends up falling citys way.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8814 on: May 15, 2024, 11:15:09 am »

Bizarre choice for such an exceptional finisher

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8815 on: May 15, 2024, 11:15:29 am »
If I am consistent regarding Chelsea, Man City and even Newcastle when they were about to pip Man Utd for fourth* last season, I do have the right to speak. Missing out on a trophy has no bearing when it's about the game.
I only stated that you have no right to speak for all of us when you said "We all...". Factually true.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8816 on: May 15, 2024, 11:16:18 am »
In fairness its not over yet. When Moysie in his jeans knocked on Fergies door, and became anointed the chosen one, it was to knock city off their perch.
Sunday is when the chosen one gets finally crowned.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #8817 on: May 15, 2024, 11:16:51 am »
In fairness its not over yet. When Moysie in his jeans knocked on Fergies door, and became anointed the chosen one, it was to knock city off their perch.
Sunday is when the chosen one gets finally crowned.

Dyche in his tracksuit might sneak a draw too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8818 on: May 15, 2024, 11:21:16 am »
I only stated that you have no right to speak for all of us when you said "We all...". Factually true.
Arsenal fans blurted Net Spend back in the day. Liverpool fans do it now. It's mostly down to doing business with sportswashers directly or indirectly.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8819 on: May 15, 2024, 11:21:22 am »

You see you where doing well until this post but now you are just making stuff up.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8820 on: May 15, 2024, 11:21:26 am »
No i watched it and when the camera panned out there were huge empty sections, entire upper sections of red seats . I felt sad about it. Nothing snide, I genuinely felt sad.
So not, "3 stands completely empty" as you originally, snidely stated. Presumably you were watching the same shots from which those screen shots were taken? What's your explanation in the discrepancy with what you "saw" and the evidence?

You were being a snide, but we know it's coming from fans deserting your own stadium when drawing with bottom placed Southampton with the league on the line.

I felt sad too after Atlanta at home.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: May 15, 2024, 11:23:15 am »
Arsenal fans blurted Net Spend back in the day. Liverpool fans do it now.
It first came up here under Rafa.
It's mostly down to doing business with sportswashers directly or indirectly.
We didn't. You did. Makes your statement a nonsense.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: May 15, 2024, 11:27:17 am »
We didn't. You did. Makes your statement a nonsense.
Henderson and Fabinho go to Saudi League. Fabinho goes for 40m - the same amount he signed for. There's no way a team offers 140m for Coutinho if sportswashing money wasn't trickling down.

Arsenal's, I have already discussed.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8823 on: May 15, 2024, 11:30:15 am »
So not, "3 stands completely empty" as you originally, snidely stated. Presumably you were watching the same shots from which those screen shots were taken? What's your explanation in the discrepancy with what you "saw" and the evidence?

You were being a snide, but we know it's coming from fans deserting your own stadium when drawing with bottom placed Southampton with the league on the line.

I felt sad too after Atlanta at home.

Im not saying we have better fans, at least yours didnt drive your best ever manager out of town.

I didnt like it, thats why i remembered it. The camera panned around him and there were too many empty seats.
This is modern football, we lost to villa and there were arsenal fans wanting arteta out. Its knee jerk reactions everywhere

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8824 on: May 15, 2024, 11:31:35 am »

we're in a full IT dept teams call and I've just lobbed the grenade at a Project Manager - it got shut down very quickly.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: May 15, 2024, 11:35:49 am »
Henderson and Fabinho go to Saudi League. Fabinho goes for 40m - the same amount he signed for. There's no way a team offers 140m for Coutinho if sportswashing money wasn't trickling down.
You were talking about net spend "back in the day", now you've shifted the goalposts again.

Enjoy your second place to Abu Dhabi as the cleanest, non-enablers of City the PL

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8826 on: May 15, 2024, 11:37:18 am »
You were talking about net spend "back in the day", now you've shifted the goalposts again.

Enjoy your second place to Abu Dhabi as the cleanest, non-enablers of City the PL
You're daft.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8827 on: May 15, 2024, 11:37:28 am »
we're in a full IT dept teams call and I've just lobbed the grenade at a Project Manager - it got shut down very quickly.

Good, it is what we should all be doing, confronting this. Abu Dhabi has already managed to get media companies like Sky and the BBC to remain silent, that's bad enough. It is being talked about on social media much more as well. Look at the work that. Newcastle group is still doing. We feel we don't have power but we do, we just need to use it.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8828 on: May 15, 2024, 11:39:02 am »
Good, it is what we should all be doing, confronting this. Abu Dhabi has already managed to get media companies like Sky and the BBC to remain silent, that's bad enough. It is being talked about on social media much more as well. Look at the work that. Newcastle group is still doing. We feel we don't have power but we do, we just need to use it.
Somehow two folks on that Qatari channel were discussing City's charges yesterday.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8829 on: May 15, 2024, 11:39:06 am »

You imagined it, so now you can wipe those tears away.

However there was nothing imaginary about 40-odd thousand Arsenal fans leaving the stadium with 10 minutes to go and their team desperately seeking a vital point, or three in the Title race. I didn't find that "sad". It was bloody tragic.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8830 on: May 15, 2024, 11:41:32 am »
Liverpool didnt benefit from sportswashing. Had they won 4 titles in a row which they deserved to, prize money and alone and extra commercial and sponsorship revenue wouldve dwarfed anything they got from saudi arabia. It’s ridiculous to suggest otherwise. If we robbed liverpool have been robbed ten times worse. 97 and 93 point seasons and not winning the league. Theres still levels to go before we reach that type of pain, i hope it never happens like that with us, Id just move on from football.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8831 on: May 15, 2024, 11:43:14 am »
I didnt like it, thats why i remembered it. The camera panned around him and there were too many empty seats.
With our record in Europe, being three goals down in the first leg was no guarantee that would be Klopp's final game as LFC manager in Europe. So long as our fans didn't leave during the match, I have no issue when they chose to leave after the final whistle.

It still wasn't three empty stands as you "remember" it.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8832 on: May 15, 2024, 11:44:34 am »

There's two of them and I always bring it up, same with a couple of lads I know in the local bar. 

Did hear on the train coming back from London on Sunday, surrounded by Utd fans on the way to O/T, a few talking about the 115 charges, they were pissed off about them. I supposed, with them not being the "noisy neighbours" anymore and now about to make it 10 titles, its coming home to roost.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: May 15, 2024, 11:47:23 am »
You imagined it, so now you can wipe those tears away.

However there was nothing imaginary about 40-odd thousand Arsenal fans leaving the stadium with 10 minutes to go and their team desperately seeking a vital point, or three in the Title race. I didn't find that "sad". It was bloody tragic.

Not sure which game that was. I dont like it those that leave early, always have a little smile when we score important late goals after people have left their seat.

Although in general i feel if the team is 2 or more goals down, then any time after 90 mins is understandable. Fans leaving at 80 mins with 15 min injury time these days got their calculations badly wrong, theres half a game left.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8834 on: May 15, 2024, 11:47:36 am »
There's two of them and I always bring it up, same with a couple of lads I know in the local bar. 

Did hear on the train coming back from London on Sunday, surrounded by Utd fans on the way to O/T, a few talking about the 115 charges, they were pissed off about them. I supposed, with them not being the "noisy neighbours" anymore and now about to make it 10 titles, its coming home to roost.
I don't think fans, clubs and the league would care much even if Abu Dhabi wins the next 4 titles.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8835 on: May 15, 2024, 11:48:46 am »
:lmao

Get in!

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8836 on: May 15, 2024, 11:50:51 am »
Not sure which game that was.
Southampton at home last season

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8837 on: May 15, 2024, 11:52:28 am »
With our record in Europe, being three goals down in the first leg was no guarantee that would be Klopp's final game as LFC manager in Europe. So long as our fans didn't leave during the match, I have no issue when they chose to leave after the final whistle.

It still wasn't three empty stands as you "remember" it.

That is fair, obviously the game wasnt billed as klopps last, just turned out that way.

Genuinely looking forward to his send off on Sunday. Hes appeared a bit sad lately. I hope the fans pull out all the stops .

Itll probably be more interesting than the title race.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8838 on: May 15, 2024, 11:54:06 am »
Southampton at home last season

3-1 down to 3-3

For some reason last season hurts more than this. Even now, gutted about that 3-3. Fucking southampton

I hope they dont come back

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8839 on: May 15, 2024, 11:54:43 am »
Not sure which game that was. I dont like it those that leave early, always have a little smile when we score important late goals after people have left their seat.

Although in general i feel if the team is 2 or more goals down, then any time after 90 mins is understandable. Fans leaving at 80 mins with 15 min injury time these days got their calculations badly wrong, theres half a game left.

My missus didn't leave the Nou Camp in 1999.....

The only time Anfield has emptied under Klopp was Palace years ago and he went mad - this was because when he was at Dortmund, in the Champions League at home to Malaga, they went 1-2 on 82 mins and won it 3-2 with goals in the 91st and 93rd minutes. We know that under Klopp, we can and do score after the 90.
Jurgen YNWA