Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 380033 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7720 on: April 22, 2024, 09:16:17 am »
Poor Arsenal and poor Havertz.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #7721 on: April 22, 2024, 09:35:01 am »
Saka gets scythed down Atleast 2590 times a game, yet never picks up an injury.

He limps off every game (only when he hasn't played well though, like clockwork haha)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7722 on: April 22, 2024, 09:37:58 am »
That tackle by Killman on Havertz was an absolute shocker. We got the yellow card, Its no wonder players dive, I take it back, its the only way to protect themselves. Until they start giving red cards for potential ankle breakers I wont be criticizing players for diving.
And not even a mention of it anywhere, a dive gets people talking for a week but a dirty tackle that could end a player’s season just gets glossed over, he even gets accused of going down too easy.
I know you joking about most of that but agree the Kilman tackle was mad. Didn't even get a booking iirc? Referees are so shite they can't even do basics now.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7723 on: April 22, 2024, 09:40:32 am »
Manchester United conceded 44 goals in 96/97 & won the league. We conceded just 22 goals in 2018/19 & only finished runners up. End of the day it's points that win prizes.

While in essence you are right, I think, having a strong defence, reduces the burden up front.

Take yesterdays game for example. Knowing what we are really capable of, we could've won 1-0 or 2-0. But because we went 1-0 and conceded a goal, our forwards had to work to score 2 more goals. I cant remember the last time when we went into a game knowing a clean sheet was coming. I know we will win games in the end. The same story in every single game.

Having a strong defence, means energy is conserved upfront (in the most liberal terms) that helps us go the extra mile when attacking on multiple fronts.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7724 on: April 22, 2024, 09:50:14 am »
I know you joking about most of that but agree the Kilman tackle was mad. Didn't even get a booking iirc? Referees are so shite they can't even do basics now.

Every game I’m scratching my head about something , that grealish save was either a pen or a corner , how the fuck was that a goal kick. Then you got coventrys goal which was exactly like Jota and should’ve stood but benefit of the doubt didnt apply this time, they just make it up . Zero common sense.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7725 on: April 22, 2024, 11:01:30 am »
Every game I’m scratching my head about something , that grealish save was either a pen or a corner , how the fuck was that a goal kick. Then you got coventrys goal which was exactly like Jota and should’ve stood but benefit of the doubt didnt apply this time, they just make it up . Zero common sense.
Yeah the goal kick was astonishing decision. Don't expect any less from Oliver - he is not the best referee.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7726 on: April 22, 2024, 12:48:50 pm »
Their squad is weaker

From Mahrez to Doku LOL
From Gundogan to Nunes
From Laporte to Gvardiol (still adapting)
They also have/had the likes of Garcia, Bobb and Kalvin Phillips.

It's not that good anymore. In the past, they had top top options on their bench but that's not the case anymore. Their depth is weaker than it looks.

Is it that much weaker, though?  If we compare their squad pre-Haaland to post, we see that:
In defence, they went from Laporte/Dias/Walker/Cancelo/Ake to adding Akanji/Gvardiol and having Stones become less injury prone.  I'd call it a tie - but with a bigger upside (if Gvardiol works out) vs 2 years ago.
In midfield they went from Rodri/KDB/B Silva/Gundogan/Fernandino (at the end of his career) to the same first 3, but then adding Nunes (first season still), Kovacic and having Stones show he is a possibility at DM.  Slightly weaker, with losing Gundogan - we will see how Nunes adapts over the long run.
In attack they went from Jesus/Sterling/Foden/Mahrez/Grealish (who never played that much - never got to 2000 mins in the league for instance despite never being injured much) to Haaland/Alvarez/Foden/Doku/Grealish.  I'd argue that going from Jesus & Sterling to Haaland and Alvarez is a bigger "increase" in talent than going from Mahrez to Doku (as a 4th choice player). 

So I'd argue that the main difference this season was losing KDB for significantly more minutes, and having their starters and backups being much younger (and therefore not near their peak) compared to 2-3 years ago.  Doku/Nunes/Alvarez/Haaland/Gvardiol (who were their main buys the last 2 seasons) are 21/25/24/23/22 - compare that to Mahrez/Gundogan/Jesus/Sterling/Laporte who they replaced, who 2 years ago were  31/31/27/27/27 - all at their peak pretty much and experienced, and you can see it is that experience they are lacking more.  That isn't to say they won't continue performing at this level - but just that young player are young players, and you usually don't expect them to perform as highly unless they are wonderkids.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7727 on: April 22, 2024, 12:57:16 pm »
Special performance to lock down Wolves reserve team like that, the genius of Arteta is shining so bright right now.

Wonder how many injuries Chelsea and Tottenham will get ravaged by this week.

Cole Palmer injured.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7728 on: April 22, 2024, 12:58:51 pm »
All joking aside....naming Smith-Rowe as evidence of injuries is pretty funny :D He's absolutely dreadful, I'm not sure he'd get in Evertons first XI.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7729 on: April 22, 2024, 01:25:10 pm »
Cole Palmer injured.

Just read he missed training with illness. :lmao Did he have the lasagne?

Gusto and Chilwell doubts too. Not sure if they have any other full back options?

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7730 on: April 22, 2024, 01:51:17 pm »

Gusto and Chilwell doubts too. Not sure if they have any other full back options?

You doggie is out for the season too, what can i say its destiny.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7731 on: April 22, 2024, 02:26:19 pm »
Forget any squads, ref decisions e.t.c, this is unforgivable from Chilwell, couldn't believe my eyes when watching it.

How did he not play the pass.

Only seen this still. Is that Chilwell on the ball. Are you suggesting he square it?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7732 on: April 22, 2024, 02:28:16 pm »
Only seen this still. Is that Chilwell on the ball. Are you suggesting he square it?

Not quite sure what it’s in the Arsenal thread! But I remember commenting on that at the time. It’s surely not that difficult a pass to bend one in behind the nearest defender. It’s what Robbo would do. Instead he just kept running in a straight line for another 2 or 3 touches and when he then tried to cross it, it was blocked very easily.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7733 on: April 22, 2024, 02:46:03 pm »

That Arsenal team seems to be full of pricks. Rice seems sound though.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7734 on: April 22, 2024, 03:04:54 pm »

Arsenal played any full teams this season ?

Brighton and Wolves have half their sides injured recently.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7735 on: April 22, 2024, 04:18:15 pm »
All joking aside....naming Smith-Rowe as evidence of injuries is pretty funny :D He's absolutely dreadful, I'm not sure he'd get in Evertons first XI.

A bit out the blue that mate, is this your latest random thing to have a dig at Arsenal over?  ;D

A few on here disagree. Fair enough he’s not reached his previous levels but aged 21 he was a 10 league goal season as an attacking midfielder in his first full season aged 21. Saka was Arsenals top scorer that season with 11 goals.

Guy has potential, I think his fitness worries happening when they did alongside our general improvement as a team means he might just have missed the boat at Arsenal, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Villa or a West Ham come in for him and he does really well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 04:20:41 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #7736 on: April 22, 2024, 04:18:16 pm »

Ha wrong thread, yeah that's Chilwell, him and Sterling are breaking and he doesn't put the ball through, ends up not even getting a pass or cross and going out for a corner.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7737 on: April 22, 2024, 04:28:07 pm »
Looks like Palmer will miss tomorrow's game. How the fuck do they manage to play teams with their best players missing.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7738 on: April 22, 2024, 04:43:26 pm »
Looks like Palmer will miss tomorrow's game. How the fuck do they manage to play teams with their best players missing.

It’s ridiculous, be one of the biggest failures ever if they don’t win the league, they basically play b teams each week. And when they don’t they drop points!

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7739 on: April 22, 2024, 05:28:32 pm »
It’s ridiculous, be one of the biggest failures ever if they don’t win the league, they basically play b teams each week. And when they don’t they drop points!

No kidding, you need to not have bad luck with injuries throughout a season, but Arsenal seem to have great luck in that every team they play misses key players. It's unbelievable, and this feels like their chance to win the league.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7740 on: April 22, 2024, 07:06:26 pm »
No kidding, you need to not have bad luck with injuries throughout a season, but Arsenal seem to have great luck in that every team they play misses key players. It's unbelievable, and this feels like their chance to win the league.

It's city buying off arsenal's opposition so when they poach him their fan base are ready for him.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7741 on: April 22, 2024, 07:07:22 pm »

It's good to know that not all multimillionaire footballers are pricks.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7742 on: April 22, 2024, 07:17:21 pm »

I reckon she could do better tho

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7743 on: April 22, 2024, 07:26:27 pm »
Timber making his comeback this evening for the Under 21’s vs Blackburn.

https://x.com/now_arsenai/status/1782472356394414352?s=46

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7744 on: April 22, 2024, 07:39:27 pm »
Cole Palmer injured.
Ill, not injured.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7745 on: April 22, 2024, 07:49:08 pm »
Timber making his comeback this evening for the Under 21’s vs Blackburn.

https://x.com/now_arsenai/status/1782472356394414352?s=46

Wrong forum pal.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7746 on: April 22, 2024, 08:06:20 pm »
I would say he is better than Oxlade-Chamberlain ever was and even Ox got into Liverpool's team early on... somehow. :D

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #7747 on: April 22, 2024, 08:07:52 pm »
I would say he is better than Oxlade-Chamberlain ever was and even Ox got into Liverpool's team early on... somehow. :D
Because he was elite those 3-4 months before he blew out his knee. If that didn't happen, he would have been a mainstay in Liverpool's midfield for years to come.

The funny part is I remember seeing Ox live against AC Milan in the CL when you almost came back from 0-4 down in the first leg and he was your best player that night, yet Wenger rarely ever played him there again.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:10:12 pm by Lynndenberries »
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7748 on: April 22, 2024, 08:10:41 pm »

Sure. We all saw smith Rowe lighting up the knockout stages of the Champions League too.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7749 on: April 22, 2024, 08:19:16 pm »
Sure. We all saw smith Rowe lighting up the knockout stages of the Champions League too.
Take ESR for 35m and he'd light up the knockout stages for Liverpool. ;)

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7750 on: April 22, 2024, 08:21:41 pm »
Because he was elite those 3-4 months before he blew out his knee. If that didn't happen, he would have been a mainstay in Liverpool's midfield for years to come.

The funny part is I remember seeing Ox live against AC Milan in the CL when you almost came back from 0-4 down in the first leg and he was your best player that night, yet Wenger rarely ever played him there again.
Extremely inconsistent and injury prone player. Would be a world beater in one game and horrible in the next. Just had a purple patch with Liverpool. Wenger did give him sufficient games in midfield, but we had better midfielders than him at that time.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7751 on: April 22, 2024, 08:42:54 pm »
Wrong forum pal.

Relevant though in terms of discussing injured players.

It was Ox though, he was always likely to get injured again. Was a very good player on his day and Klopp looked like he was getting the best out of him, but he was always likely to break down. He couldn’t stay fit playing pretty pattern football for Wenger, Heavy Metal football for Klopp was a step too far.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:46:09 pm by ScottishGoon »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7752 on: April 22, 2024, 09:14:19 pm »
Cole Palmer injured.

;D Inevitable, genuinely never seen anything like this. Hopefully they make it but with Arsenal's luck it's not likely, Gusto has looked the only other competent signing they've made aside from Palmer.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7753 on: April 22, 2024, 09:21:05 pm »

Is that real? Rice was asked in a press conference if he thinks he should upgrade his girlfriend?

Surely not or the journalist would be kicked out and never allowed to work in football again.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7754 on: April 22, 2024, 09:28:57 pm »
Fair play to Rice, some people are real dickheads.

And that's the last nice thing I'll say about Arsenal this season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7755 on: April 22, 2024, 09:33:34 pm »
Is that real? Rice was asked in a press conference if he thinks he should upgrade his girlfriend?

Surely not or the journalist would be kicked out and never allowed to work in football again.

Not sure actually. I think the press conference question might be about his wife shutting down her social media??? I think weirdos online was asking him to upgrade his wife.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7756 on: April 22, 2024, 09:36:14 pm »
Not sure actually. I think the press conference question might be about his wife shutting down her social media??? I think weirdos online was asking him to upgrade his wife.
Weirdos is the word. Fucking idiots.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7757 on: April 22, 2024, 09:58:39 pm »
Deeper cultural problem with football fans. "Success = trophy." Even if it means a trophy partner.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7758 on: April 22, 2024, 10:06:19 pm »

The trolling of her and closing her accounts down is likely real. The rest of that post is highly likely utter bollocks  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7759 on: April 22, 2024, 10:39:00 pm »
The real question though is who goes down more easily, sahka, or his missus?