Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3242603 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #81280 on: May 21, 2024, 11:24:05 am »
I think what we need in our DM is someone who is athletic as fuck, runs around like fuck, smashes into people in the tackle like fuck, and wins the ball like fuck. And then passes it to some other c*nt so we can score.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81281 on: May 21, 2024, 11:38:19 am »
Wharton in the England squad, I think he'd be a class 6.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81282 on: May 21, 2024, 11:42:47 am »
I have questions over Bakayoko’s end product but i have watched him a few times, including against Arsenal, and he can certainly dribble well. Would be happy to bring him in albeit the usual caveats around the Dutch league.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81283 on: May 21, 2024, 11:45:53 am »

Wharton in the England squad 😂 my god.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #81284 on: May 21, 2024, 11:47:47 am »
I think what we need in our DM is someone who is athletic as fuck, runs around like fuck, smashes into people in the tackle like fuck, and wins the ball like fuck. And then passes it to some other c*nt so we can score.

100% with you buddy. Plus that type of player is fun to watch gets the crowd going. Tried of a team full of small technicians. We need an intimating fucker

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81285 on: May 21, 2024, 11:48:16 am »
dont really think we should be after Bakayoko yet.
Think we need a more proven wide player from a top league.

He does look decent but seems like a move to Brighton would be his level atm

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81286 on: May 21, 2024, 11:50:50 am »
He is a really good player. Archie Gray is another one who I think could become an excellent DM.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81287 on: May 21, 2024, 11:53:35 am »

Better than Hendo to be honest :D Good to see the young lads getting a chance over the usual past it suspects!

I think Wharton is a tidy player, Palace did well getting him, he'll end up at a top 6 club in a year or so.

Grey is also quality, not sure ready to play at our level yet though.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81288 on: May 21, 2024, 11:59:46 am »
England are super short of DMs to sit alongside Rice so it's really not a crazy shout to catapult him in.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81289 on: May 21, 2024, 12:10:55 pm »

This is the mistake we keep making because after that one good season the price increases 10x and we’re priced out a move.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81291 on: May 21, 2024, 12:34:30 pm »

He's been excellent since joining Palace.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81292 on: May 21, 2024, 12:38:52 pm »
He's been excellent since joining Palace.

Nowhere near good enough for international football for a long time.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81293 on: May 21, 2024, 01:20:17 pm »
I think no.1 priorities are getting new deals for Trent, VVD and Salah (to protect Salah's value) Saudi would still pay a lot of money in a year or twos time for Salah.

I think there's enough change as it is. We need to keep them otherwise others may want out.

Then focus on CB and DM.

I think we only have space for another attacker if one leaves. Same with LB.

Thiago and Matip leaving already has free'd up space for a CB and DM
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #81294 on: May 21, 2024, 01:30:50 pm »
I think no.1 priorities are getting new deals for Trent, VVD and Salah (to protect Salah's value) Saudi would still pay a lot of money in a year or twos time for Salah.

I think there's enough change as it is. We need to keep them otherwise others may want out.

Then focus on CB and DM.

I think we only have space for another attacker if one leaves. Same with LB.

Thiago and Matip leaving already has free'd up space for a CB and DM

I wouldn't want to keep Salah beyond next season. He'd be turning 33 next summer and already slowing down - plus there'll be an AFCON either next summer or during that season after.

He'd still be demanding the big bucks to sign a new deal but Edwards/FSG less likely to sanction that for another 2-3 years. Nor will they want to lose him for nothing next season or necessarily sell him this summer given what we're losing already - it forces us into a no-win position really. I could see us trying a 1 year extension but players don't tend to want that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81295 on: May 21, 2024, 01:41:30 pm »
I think if you've already signed a player in to their 30s you should already be accepting that you have a good chance of losing them on a free. Maybe Saudi Arabia changes that a bit, but we and most teams don't want to give a long contract to someone in their 30's. Even if they did sign a 2 year deal then it makes way more sense for say Salah to just play out a last year and take the money himself.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81296 on: May 21, 2024, 01:45:43 pm »
A good window for me?

Colwill - CB/LB
Zubimendi - 6
Bakayoko - WF

All covered by Thiago, Matip, Kostas leaving.

I'm all aboard the Zubimendi train. I don't think it has to be an out and out pacey athletic destroyer 6 type. We will play with a 2 in midfield and essentially a back 3 with a LCB at LB so there will be less space to cover. More compact. The tactical change will be our biggest defender.

Colwill though I am not so sure. I would want someone more durable. 17 appearances in the league for Brighton last year. 23 for Chelsea this year. For comparison Van Dijk has done 34 and 36 past two years. Availability is king.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81297 on: May 21, 2024, 01:46:43 pm »
Whats the Home Grown status looking like?

Absolutely fine.

Kelleher, Trent, Bradley, Quansah, Gomez, Jones, Bajcetic and Elliott all either homegrown now or will become homegrown when they hit the required age. We're at the max number for non-homegrown but will be losing Thiago and Matip, plus presumably Adrian (likely to be replaced by someone like Jaros who is homegrown). So already have room to make some non-homegrown signings before you consider additional departures.

On Bakayoko, I see the appeal but I'm curious whether Edwards will want us recruiting from somewhere like Holland. Would be excited if we did go for him though.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81298 on: May 21, 2024, 01:47:08 pm »
I think if you've already signed a player in to their 30s you should already be accepting that you have a good chance of losing them on a free. Maybe Saudi Arabia changes that a bit, but we and most teams don't want to give a long contract to someone in their 30's. Even if they did sign a 2 year deal then it makes way more sense for say Salah to just play out a last year and take the money himself.

We'd be more relaxed about Salah running out his contract if there wasn't that potential big money on the table from Saudi. Without that Mo's market value wouldn't be high. Particularly with the market slowing down around FFP, not much money around Europe anymore.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81299 on: May 21, 2024, 01:52:22 pm »
I don't really see any 'value' in extending Salah given the amount you'd be paying him for diminishing returns hoping that someone takes him off your hands in a year. Either sell him now or just squeeze out as much as you can for one last year and let him walk.

I can't see us in the market for a top wide forward given the numbers. So someone like Bakayoko makes sense.

I hope we don't really do too much this off season. There's so much more development in this squad to come. One of the keepers and one of the forwards out and a centre back, defensive midfielder and a wide forward in would be the perfect off season(as well as Trent and Virg signing deals).
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81300 on: May 21, 2024, 01:59:21 pm »
We'd be more relaxed about Salah running out his contract if there wasn't that potential big money on the table from Saudi. Without that Mo's market value wouldn't be high. Particularly with the market slowing down around FFP, not much money around Europe anymore.

It's such a weird one. Not a chance he's taking a pay-cut and not a chance he's getting a deal on the same terms. If he's here next season it's because he's told them he doesn't want to leave and will be walking on a free into a big sign on fee. It's best for all parties if he leaves this summer imo.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81301 on: May 21, 2024, 02:01:37 pm »

On Bakayoko, I see the appeal but I'm curious whether Edwards will want us recruiting from somewhere like Holland. Would be excited if we did go for him though.

I really like Bajayoko I think he'd be great but as you say thinking back to how Edwards operated he usually likes players who have moved to England (or another top league) and kind of made that next steps before coming here and going to world class.

Kudos/Olise are probably the closest to that sort of criteria I can think of.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81302 on: May 21, 2024, 02:13:04 pm »

You have to decide what you want as a transfer strategy. It's quite clear if we had money we could do £80m Kvaratskhelia LW or £80m Kudus RW. If we aren't going to make those kind of signings then the likes of £40m Bakayoko should be nailed on now. Not after he goes to Brighton and then becomes an £80m player.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #81303 on: May 21, 2024, 02:14:47 pm »
Is there any indication Mo would want to go to Saudi even if the money is on the table. Feels to me like he’d rather win some more stuff with us.
If he goes for nothing so be it. We’ve had 7 + years of him in his prime. Legends don’t generally leave for big transfer money it’s just how it is.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81304 on: May 21, 2024, 02:16:47 pm »
It's such a weird one. Not a chance he's taking a pay-cut and not a chance he's getting a deal on the same terms. If he's here next season it's because he's told them he doesn't want to leave and will be walking on a free into a big sign on fee. It's best for all parties if he leaves this summer imo.

It's also in the context of the other two as well. They'd be more content to let him go next year if they can get Trent and Virg on new deals.

Salah signs a new deal first on similar terms and that really pushes up their demands. And new deals for them two can be budgeted for if you're not paying Salah's wages beyond next year. I wouldn't really want him on a new deal. Either we accept it's his last season or take big money in the summer.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81305 on: May 21, 2024, 02:20:44 pm »
It's also in the context of the other two as well. They'd be more content to let him go next year if they can get Trent and Virg on new deals.

Salah signs a new deal first on similar terms and that really pushes up their demands. And new deals for them two can be budgeted for if you're not paying Salah's wages beyond next year. I wouldn't really want him on a new deal. Either we accept it's his last season or take big money in the summer.

True, hadn't thought of that impact either.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #81306 on: May 21, 2024, 03:01:57 pm »

Best thing for Mo is to stay and leave on a free next year though.

Tory behaviour still wanting to wring a fee out of him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81307 on: May 21, 2024, 03:04:06 pm »
https://x.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1792915916021182578

Claudio Taffarel expected to stay on at Liverpool as part of Arne Slot's coaching staff.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81308 on: May 21, 2024, 03:10:01 pm »
https://x.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1792915916021182578
That means Becker is definitely staying and that the rumours were noise.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81309 on: May 21, 2024, 03:14:03 pm »
He has 3 years left on his deal, Ali was going nowhere.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81310 on: May 21, 2024, 03:14:22 pm »
I think we need an attacker. If we took Mo out of the side then we would be worried about the attack over the season. For me we need to see an attacker emerge as our new best one or someone we can bank on before Mo goes.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81311 on: May 21, 2024, 03:27:15 pm »
He has 3 years left on his deal, Ali was going nowhere.  ;D

Interestingly Ederson has been linked with moves to Saudi by clickbaiter. Coincidence.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #81312 on: May 21, 2024, 04:00:48 pm »
I disagree that Arsenal were ahead of schedule last season. They had a lot of time under Arteta. In fact, they even had relegation form in the middle of the season before last and many Arsenal fans were impatient. They had two full seasons of finishing 8th under Arteta, a position we make fun of when Man United land in there. They even regressed from Unai Emery's tenure during those seasons.

They then kept spending massive amounts to get to where they got last season.

Their achievement is nowhere near ours when we had Klopp and Edwards at helm. To put things into perspective, we got to a CL position in Klopp's first full season, after having not finished in a CL position in 6 out of 7 previous seasons, and then we got to a CL final in the first season we got into the CL under Klopp.

I’m not going around the houses about Arsenal, I genuinely don’t give a shit about them, I just think they’ve done some really good work in the window and have a squad that looks set to peak and compete for the next few years at least. I shared a link that shown how much their squad cost vs what it’s valued at now, according to that they’re exceeding value the most in the league.

If you felt Arsenal should have been winning the league in 22/23 then fair enough, I’ve never spoken to anyone that thought Arsenal had a chance against us and City heading into that season.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #81313 on: May 21, 2024, 04:14:15 pm »
Bakayoko looks freaking incredible in the clips.

Power, strength, speed, dribbling ability. Only 21. All the potential in the world. We're gonna need this kind of athleticism next season.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #81314 on: May 21, 2024, 04:36:32 pm »
Is there any indication Mo would want to go to Saudi even if the money is on the table. Feels to me like he’d rather win some more stuff with us.
If he goes for nothing so be it. We’ve had 7 + years of him in his prime. Legends don’t generally leave for big transfer money it’s just how it is.

I agree - there's absolutely no indication he wants to leave. People are lining up Saudi bids left right and centre for him but I don't think he is interested at all.

We have more than got our monies worth from Mo. I am happy to let it play out another season and see how he gets on fully recovered from his injury and with a pre-season under his belt. It feels like he hasn't had a proper break in a while.

There's no real evidence to suggest he is on a massive decline. He had a muscle injury in Jan and March which definitely impacted his last couple of months, and perhaps a suggestion it was partly our own doing rushing him back. If he goes back to pre-injury form that's 15G 8A in 22 games for us. That's serious money to buy someone at that level guaranteeing goals.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81315 on: May 21, 2024, 04:38:03 pm »
Best thing for Mo is to stay and leave on a free next year though.

Depends though isn't it. If we sell him for 80m and bring in an 80m winger that will be very good for us over 3-4 years that's better than one more season on Salah's decline (which won't be bad btw). It's a lot of money for a sell to buy club. And yes...we are a sell to buy club with the occasional slight extension.

Offline TeddyMc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #81316 on: May 21, 2024, 04:55:41 pm »
Looks like the Saudis are going to throw money at the other Brazilian keeper in the league,  Romano saying Ederson could leave for the right offer.

That all points to Ali staying.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #81317 on: May 21, 2024, 05:15:14 pm »

Not really. We aren't a charity. The greatest Liverpool sides were often ruthless moving players on. If we were to move him on - and I sense he's more likely to leave on a free - we'd seek to maximize our return for FFP/PSR purposes and to help bring in funds for a replacement

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81318 on: May 21, 2024, 05:24:57 pm »
Not really. We aren't a charity. The greatest Liverpool sides were often ruthless moving players on. If we were to move him on - and I sense he's more likely to leave on a free - we'd seek to maximize our return for FFP/PSR purposes and to help bring in funds for a replacement

We’ve already maximized our return on him.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan