Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3247558 times)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #77960 on: April 8, 2024, 12:10:11 pm »
It all depends on what the new manager wants. If its three at the back then wing backs need to be looked at. We also need to see how he sets up a midfield two. Also the forwards as well.

Any manager who changes to a back three would be stupid.

Why would you need to do that when we are clearly one of the best sides in the League/Europe ?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #77961 on: April 8, 2024, 12:12:16 pm »
New manager comes in and he will do things his way.

That's it really. Moving to 3 at the back might give us a new stability, new style of play. We will have to wait and see really.

One thing is for certain: the Klopp era comes to an end, as all eras do.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77962 on: April 8, 2024, 01:30:29 pm »
New manager comes in and he will do things his way.

That's it really. Moving to 3 at the back might give us a new stability, new style of play. We will have to wait and see really.

One thing is for certain: the Klopp era comes to an end, as all eras do.

An important consideration about switching to a back three is how the players deal with it. We have a lot of experienced winners. A new manager coming in with very little experience and then changing everything doesnt always go down well.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #77963 on: April 8, 2024, 01:56:36 pm »
An important consideration about switching to a back three is how the players deal with it. We have a lot of experienced winners. A new manager coming in with very little experience and then changing everything doesnt always go down well.

I highly doubt the new manager will come in, rip everything up and start again but he will want to implement his own style and tactics. The players will have to get onboard with that.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77964 on: April 8, 2024, 01:57:14 pm »

Diaz could work at lwb considering Amorim converted Santos in the same way. Trent on the otherside. We'd need another cb even more though.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77965 on: April 8, 2024, 02:13:32 pm »
This is kind of funny..

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
🔴🇧🇷 Rodrygo reveals: “I almost joined Liverpool in 2017, the deal was done for €3m”.

“It collapsed because I said no”.

“I wanted to stay at Santos, make history, finish my studies and then leave… even though the offer from #LFC was very good”, told Guardian
@thiagorabelo1

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77966 on: April 8, 2024, 02:17:14 pm »
Diaz could work at lwb considering Amorim converted Santos in the same way. Trent on the otherside. We'd need another cb even more though.

Diaz at LWB would feel like Brendan Rodgers 2.0.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77967 on: April 8, 2024, 02:19:38 pm »
I highly doubt the new manager will come in, rip everything up and start again but he will want to implement his own style and tactics. The players will have to get onboard with that.

Yes I get that and I don't think he will but its simple to say players get on board, but its another to quickly get that authority. Players are not robotic, they may very well question things especially systems. That sort of thing can make or break him.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #77968 on: April 8, 2024, 02:33:14 pm »
Yes I get that and I don't think he will but its simple to say players get on board, but its another to quickly get that authority. Players are not robotic, they may very well question things especially systems. That sort of thing can make or break him.

Now this is where Klopps no "knobheads" rule will help as I think the squad is pretty good in that regard. The players will understand a change in tactics is normal for a new manager.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77969 on: April 8, 2024, 02:33:35 pm »
Feel like asking Trent to go back several years and just provide the width is a waste of what he brings to the side now. You'd probably be better having him as some weird hybrid centre back/midfielder role if the manager wanted to play 3 at the back and have Bradley as a wing back

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77970 on: April 8, 2024, 02:34:08 pm »
Now this is where Klopps no "knobheads" rule will help as I think the squad is pretty good in that regard. The players will understand a change in tactics is normal for a new manager.

Only if it leads to a good start. If results are not bang on then it can quickly turn.

I don't think Amorim changes the setup by the way.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77971 on: April 8, 2024, 04:23:01 pm »
Monitoring Sunderland's Anthony Patterson, says Twin Peaks director David Lynch - an option if Kelleher moves on this summer:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/04/liverpool-interested-in-sunderlands-no-1-goalkeeper-with-opening-likely-in-summer/

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77972 on: April 8, 2024, 04:47:28 pm »
Adrian, is out of contract at the end of the campaign with an extension currently considered unlikely.

[@dmlynchlfc]

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77973 on: April 8, 2024, 04:56:37 pm »

All the OAPs are leaving following Klopp's departure and Mikey Edwards coming back into the FSG bosom.

No idea what that means going forward.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77974 on: April 8, 2024, 05:05:02 pm »
Could we still do with an athletic DM?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77975 on: April 8, 2024, 05:06:16 pm »

Yep. Mac Allister has been great at 6 and at 8. But are we at the point now where we get more out of him at the 8 position? We may very well be at that point.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77976 on: April 8, 2024, 05:30:55 pm »

Is the athletic DM McConnell? unless we can find someone truly outstanding I wouldn’t want to block his pathway to the side

Gravenberch is one who I thought might be able to adapt to that position but he still not adapted to the physicality in the premier league

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77977 on: April 8, 2024, 05:39:22 pm »

Yes. We should be able to play the likes of Mac and Elliott in the same team whilst having elite athleticism from our 6. That's currently not possible. Needs to be very good on the ball too mind. 

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77978 on: April 8, 2024, 05:40:29 pm »
Gravenberch is one who I thought might be able to adapt to that position but he still not adapted to the physicality in the premier league

Just doesn't suit his skillset whatsoever.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77979 on: April 8, 2024, 05:47:45 pm »
Is the athletic DM McConnell? unless we can find someone truly outstanding I wouldn’t want to block his pathway to the side

I kinda agree with that first sentence but more to do with Bajcetic.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #77980 on: April 8, 2024, 05:50:34 pm »
I kinda agree with that first sentence but more to do with Bajcetic.
Same for me. Though we haven't really seen Bajcetic in action yet in the way he is now. It looks like he grew a foot and put on some weight, maybe he lost some speed but gained strength? Let's see him on the pitch first.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TeddyMc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #77981 on: April 8, 2024, 06:55:10 pm »
Would Edwards & Hughes the stats and money men consider selling Alisson and keeping Kelleher if a big money offer from Saudi came in for Alisson.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77982 on: April 8, 2024, 07:03:40 pm »
Would Edwards & Hughes the stats and money men consider selling Alisson and keeping Kelleher if a big money offer from Saudi came in for Alisson.

I bloody well hope not. Why would you even think about selling the best keeper in the world? He's only 31 which isn't that old in keeper years
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 07:48:28 pm by Thehunter1978 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77983 on: April 8, 2024, 07:17:38 pm »

Why would we sell him with three years left and why the fuck would the world;s best keeper go to Saudi?

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77984 on: April 8, 2024, 08:25:46 pm »

If he was 34/35 then maybe but not whilst he’s in his peak

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #77985 on: April 8, 2024, 08:49:31 pm »
Not if he's fit. His fitness outlook should and will be the closest guarded secret, so we'd never know. But if the forecast looks like he won't be available for a large chunk of each season, then your question has merit. If the injuries are accidental and nothing related to predisposition of sorts, than that's a moot point.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #77986 on: April 8, 2024, 08:52:12 pm »

We could do with Ugarte.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77987 on: April 8, 2024, 10:26:00 pm »

In possession, we currently shift to a 3 at the back, don't we? I think from a defensive perspective, we should be able to handle it; certainly Virgil, Konate, and Gomez should be very comfortable. It is true, in a FOUR, Amorim plays only two central midfielders so that would be a change, and also, YES, it would be two forwards behind a '1'. Bit of a shift.

Not massive though. If Trent becomes a wide midfielder, you need one other, plus a LCB and possibly a new midfield destroyer to partner Mac Allister.

We ought to be able to handle our new base being Inacio, Virgil, Konate I would have thought...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77988 on: April 8, 2024, 10:34:09 pm »
In possession, we currently shift to a 3 at the back, don't we? I think from a defensive perspective, we should be able to handle it; certainly Virgil, Konate, and Gomez should be very comfortable. It is true, in a FOUR, Amorim plays only two central midfielders so that would be a change, and also, YES, it would be two forwards behind a '1'. Bit of a shift.

Not massive though. If Trent becomes a wide midfielder, you need one other, plus a LCB and possibly a new midfield destroyer to partner Mac Allister.

We ought to be able to handle our new base being Inacio, Virgil, Konate I would have thought...

Ive read more Amorim stuff thats quite readily available and whilst the style isnt very different, in that they do go direct, their build up is. The defenders do a lot of the build up apparently. Also they defend with a back five when they dont have the ball, we dont ours is very much a four and a compact three.

I also think its highly unlikely that Trent is playing as a wingback for us.

If you get a midfielder in then thats a lot of players not getting games. There is then 2 midfield and 3 attacking spots on the field and we would have Mac, a new guy, Jones, Szobozslai, Gravenberch, Endo, Bajetic, Elliott, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Salah and Jota all fighting it out for 5 positions.

I just cant see a situation where a manager like Amorim comes into an established side with experienced players who have won stuff, who have competed or even won the league the season before and with a lot of attacking players and says you guys have to play 3 at the back, even if that means changing the make up of the squad fairly significantly.

The only chance he does that is if there wasnt huge expectation. But if he is expected to compete, then it serves no purpose to give your side a disadvantage of a new style and a new formation to contend with.

I think over the next few years he could mould them to a side that plays three at the back as some experienced players leave. Not straight away though.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 10:37:22 pm by killer-heels »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77989 on: April 9, 2024, 05:54:18 am »

The thing is, do we make it a back 3 with a CM dropping back, or a back 3 with a CB stepping into midfield? We're equipped for the former. We're not equipped for the latter.

Personally, I prefer the former. Midfielders 4 teh win.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77990 on: April 9, 2024, 12:04:55 pm »
Ive read more Amorim stuff thats quite readily available and whilst the style isnt very different, in that they do go direct, their build up is. The defenders do a lot of the build up apparently. Also they defend with a back five when they dont have the ball, we dont ours is very much a four and a compact three.

I also think its highly unlikely that Trent is playing as a wingback for us.

If you get a midfielder in then thats a lot of players not getting games. There is then 2 midfield and 3 attacking spots on the field and we would have Mac, a new guy, Jones, Szobozslai, Gravenberch, Endo, Bajetic, Elliott, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Salah and Jota all fighting it out for 5 positions.

I just cant see a situation where a manager like Amorim comes into an established side with experienced players who have won stuff, who have competed or even won the league the season before and with a lot of attacking players and says you guys have to play 3 at the back, even if that means changing the make up of the squad fairly significantly.

The only chance he does that is if there wasnt huge expectation. But if he is expected to compete, then it serves no purpose to give your side a disadvantage of a new style and a new formation to contend with.

I think over the next few years he could mould them to a side that plays three at the back as some experienced players leave. Not straight away though.

Will be interesting (obviously!) to see what he does. Klopp's 3-man midfield is very specific and well coached, and all those coaches will be gone.

The other issue is Darwin Nunez, Amorim will have seen him in Portugese league and it might seem the right time to make him the absolute focal point of the attack, rather than a rotating swiss-Army chaos merchant.

Either way, I still think Amorim brings in Gonzalo Inacio into back THREE to begin the process of bringing more calmness and control into the Liverpool team.
I may be wrong of course.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #77991 on: April 9, 2024, 01:05:18 pm »
Either way, I still think Amorim brings in Gonzalo Inacio into back THREE to begin the process of bringing more calmness and control into the Liverpool team.
I may be wrong of course.

Well sometimes new managers just bring in someone familiar with their system to help smooth transitiuon so you never know

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #77992 on: April 9, 2024, 01:40:21 pm »
Well sometimes new managers just bring in someone familiar with their system to help smooth transitiuon so you never know
I’m still waiting for Pablo Aimar from 2004.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #77993 on: April 9, 2024, 02:43:54 pm »
I’m still waiting for Pablo Aimar from 2004.

That was an exciting time. Would it be Aimar? Ayala? Albelda? Baraja? Vicente?

Nah....Pellegrino.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77994 on: April 9, 2024, 05:13:35 pm »
Luis Diaz could leave Liverpool for PSG after talks with player’s agent
Díaz’s agent also looks after Sporting Lisbon coach Ruben Amorim who is a potential successor to Jürgen Klopp

Sam Wallace, CHIEF FOOTBALL WRITER
9 April 2024 • 5:00pm

Liverpool and their winger Luis Díaz face a crossroads this summer with a decision on whether to extend the Colombian’s contract or sell him, given interest from Paris St-Germain and others in the player.

Díaz, 27, has been a resounding success at Liverpool since arriving from Porto for around £37.5 million in the January 2022 window. He shares an agent, Raul Costa, with one of the potential successors to Jürgen Klopp, Ruben Amorim. Costa is understood to have travelled to Britain recently to visit his client on Merseyside.

Unusually for a signing who has had two strong years at the club, Díaz is yet to agree a contract extension to replace the original which he signed on his arrival. He will still be contracted for three years come the end of the season, although it is likely at that point it will be necessary for both parties to decide whether he stays for the long term or moves on.

PSG are understood to be one interested club, and also Barcelona although given their financial situation it could be hard for the Catalan club to offer Liverpool the kind of fee they might be seeking. Díaz is rated at around £75 million by Liverpool. He missed seven months of last season with a knee injury but has come roaring back to form this term with eight goals and four assists in 30 Premier League appearances, and a further five in other competitions.

Díaz earned special praise from Klopp after scoring an equaliser at Luton Town last November amid a family ordeal in which both parents were kidnapped in Colombia before they were eventually released.

Picking the right moment to sell players has become just as crucial as signings and extensions – given the red lines around permitted losses under profit and sustainability rules.

Sources have denied that an agreement has been reached informally between Liverpool and Amorim over the manager’s job although the Sporting Lisbon coach remains a contender for the role.

Now that Xabi Alonso has ruled himself out, others come into play including Roberto De Zerbi, at Brighton, and potentially the Germany manager Julian Nagelsmann.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/09/luis-diaz-may-join-psg-from-liverpool-after-talks-agent/

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77995 on: April 9, 2024, 05:16:41 pm »
Luis Diaz could leave Liverpool for PSG after talks with player’s agent
Díaz’s agent also looks after Sporting Lisbon coach Ruben Amorim who is a potential successor to Jürgen Klopp

Last line "Now that Xabi Alonso has ruled himself out, others come into play including Roberto De Zerbi, at Brighton, and potentially the Germany manager Julian Nagelsmann"

Proves this fella has no idea what he's talking about.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77996 on: April 9, 2024, 05:19:47 pm »
I;m taking 75 million for him.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #77997 on: April 9, 2024, 05:23:59 pm »
I;m taking 75 million for him.

Yeah I'd have a bit of that myself

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77998 on: April 9, 2024, 05:27:29 pm »
Get me 90m and Xavi Simons in exchange.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77999 on: April 9, 2024, 05:27:43 pm »
I can see Salah being sold this summer so if we sell Diaz we will need to sign two forwards imo