Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Wolves, Anfield, KO 8pm 1st March  (Read 10988 times)

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Wolves, Anfield, KO 8pm 1st March
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2023, 05:30:32 pm »

Now more importantly - Is this on TV anywhere?

It pisses me off so much that some other countries get EVERY Prem League game played for a fraction of the cost of subscribing than the rip-off costs of watching the odd game of the team you support here in the UK.

LFC v Wolves will be shown live on Sky Canada, Sky New Zealand, BeIn Sports, Peacock TV in the USA, Canal Plus in France and no doubt countless other countries that I couldn't be arsed with naming here, and all for the cost of a couple of beers.

Living in the UK is such fun.

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2023, 05:36:01 pm »
No, no, no...

He knows that we're no good.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2023, 05:40:28 pm »
It pisses me off so much that some other countries get EVERY Prem League game played for a fraction of the cost of subscribing than the rip-off costs of watching the odd game of the team you support here in the UK.

LFC v Wolves will be shown live on Sky Canada, Sky New Zealand, BeIn Sports, Peacock TV in the USA, Canal Plus in France and no doubt countless other countries that I couldn't be arsed with naming here, and all for the cost of a couple of beers.

That's why God invented illegal free streams.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2023, 06:10:30 pm »
small point ...  there's no such thing as Sky Canada.

we get PL games on FUBO only (though it is every single game).

CL games, need to pay for DAZN.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2023, 06:46:56 pm »
Need to win the next two if we have hopes of top 4
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2023, 07:48:48 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Big home week ahead. Thanks for the op Duvva. I optimistically agree on your prediction now I know Nunez is bck
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2023, 08:25:57 pm »
win and we are up to 6th. We will be 6 points behind spurs in 4th with a game in hand.

If we could get any level of consistency going then 4th would be there for the taking. Felt like we were getting there before the Madrid game. A win tomorrow and one against that horrible bunch on Sunday and I think that's the springboard we would need.

With that said I am so 50/50 about any sort of result tomorrow based on our performances. Please Please win.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2023, 08:26:46 pm »
small point ...  there's no such thing as Sky Canada.

we get PL games on FUBO only (though it is every single game).

CL games, need to pay for DAZN.

Get that RAWK only stream set up :D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2023, 08:38:25 pm »

It's annoying, but that's always going to be the case. Everywhere else the PL is just a foreign league watched by a minority, with kick off times in the morning in the US all the way to late at night in South East Asia, and the value of the rights reflects that. The PL give broadcasters the whole package of games to maximise revenue and what is costs to view the games overseas reflects what has been spent to acquire them.

The rights are worth about £10bn globally, £5bn domestic, £5bn global, and so you think of the value of one individual game here to televise compared to anywhere else and you see why we don't have all the games.

NBC pay £2bn for 6 years of rights, so 2280 games at less than £1m per game, plus they don't have to do anything but send 2 comms to the ground as the domestic broadcasters do all the production work. They are spending a similar amount to show about 200 NFL games over 10 years, so the PL rights are small fry to them. Compare to the £5bn or so Sky, BT and Amazon pay for 600 games over 3 years at an average of over £8m per game. So, it's not as simple as saying everyone else gets a better deal. Yes they do, most definitely, but they're getting to see all the games from what is still a niche (yet rapidly growing) overseas league that their broadcasters are getting relatively cheaply. It's just not the same thing as here.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2023, 09:24:47 pm »
Here we go again… Wolves/Brighton they seem to be part of our winter of discontent. And here we are again. Ah well we can just hope the molecule of confidence we have and someone doing something that LFC did last season will help us to a win. 2-1 to the red men. Ever the optimist.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2023, 09:30:43 pm »
Into March tomorrow so maybe our winter of discontent ends.  Massive couple of games coming up, we really have to win tomorrow.  Hopefully a good atmosphere and everyone gets behind the team.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2023, 10:38:57 pm »
That's why God invented illegal free streams.
And the neanderthals at the Premier League are still wondering why everyone is using IPTV these days. Idiots.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2023, 10:40:05 pm »
Fuck the fuck off Wolves.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2023, 10:44:15 pm »
Alisson
Gomez Vvd Matip Tsimikas
Jones Bacjetic Fabinho
Elliott Firmino Jota

Would be nice

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2023, 10:54:02 pm »
Wolves, for the 23rd time this season.  ::)

Smash them, Reds. Please.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2023, 11:04:47 pm »
Apparently if we get past Real Madrid, we get Wolves in the next round

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2023, 11:21:54 pm »

:lmao
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2023, 11:24:43 pm »

ha ha  ;D

or Brighton

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2023, 11:27:04 pm »
Post-embargo presser...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ajc5b8tVDgY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ajc5b8tVDgY</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajc5b8tVDgY

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2023, 11:28:32 pm »
Hopefully it is a brighter performance and we take the three points. If we do, that will be 10 from the last 12 league points, which is a good haul after so much dross for much of the season. If we keep going like that then top four might be within reach.

I’d like to see Darwin start. He makes stuff happen. Gakpo and Salah for me to make up the front three.

The midfield is the trickiest segment of the team to pick. Bajcetic should be back in, and if Jones is fit he should see some action, but probably won’t start.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2023, 11:36:04 pm »
Post-embargo presser...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ajc5b8tVDgY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ajc5b8tVDgY</a>

I'm so glad that Jurgen is a Red... 

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2023, 11:37:24 pm »
If we do, that will be 10 from the last 12 league points ...

That is a crazy stat because I was just looking at our results in all competitions - the last dozen or so games I think it was - and it looked like are worst run for decades  ;D

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2023, 11:44:29 pm »
That is a crazy stat because I was just looking at our results in all competitions - the last dozen or so games I think it was - and it looked like are worst run for decades  ;D

Despite being 'the worst team evaaar!™'  we are ahead of Brighton and Brentford - who are having GREAT seasons apparently.

(I'm not suggesting being above Brighton and/or Brentford is a call for celebration - just pointing out 'perception').

:)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 1, 2023, 12:06:01 am »
Post-embargo presser...

I've lost faith in managers before when I've felt they were out of ideas and basically threading water. This guy is just making sense with every utterance. Even the part about having a good first half against Madrid.  That's exactly what I was texting my mate at half time despite the shock of letting the lead slip.
He never hides, never spoofs and is always on the money. He's exactly what you'd want as a politician but he'd also fail in that arena due to being too decent a human being. 

Anyways every game is tough currently.  I think with Nunez we can get the job done. Despite our form being pretty poor we've pulled ourselves into top four contention after most of us  thought it was over. Whatever happens we'll still have Jurgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64 on: March 1, 2023, 01:23:54 am »
:duh  I just knew it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #65 on: March 1, 2023, 01:57:29 am »

Yup. I live in Indonesia, it costs 20 quid for the YEAR for the Premier League Channel, you get EVERY GAME to choose from each weekend and all mid week games too. Fuck living in the UK.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 1, 2023, 02:02:07 am »
Despite being 'the worst team evaaar!™'  we are ahead of Brighton and Brentford - who are having GREAT seasons apparently.

(I'm not suggesting being above Brighton and/or Brentford is a call for celebration - just pointing out 'perception').

if anyone asked me today I'd'ave bet money we'd be behind both of those - ha - haven't looked at the table for ages  ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #67 on: March 1, 2023, 06:02:03 am »

It’s obviously all relative and based around optics. Teams like Brentford or Brighton can capture positive attention by doing well in bursts - pulling off a handful of good results creates an illusion of brilliance and exceptional. Liverpool don’t have such leeway … so can win four in five but it’s the non-win that becomes obsessed about.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 1, 2023, 08:40:43 am »

Had to do a double take when this thread popped up. Wasn't sure if it wasn't just an old thread bumped :D

Lets go get them, this time! :scarf
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 1, 2023, 09:55:15 am »

Must be a Portuguese thing. We seem to get Porto all the time, now Wolves. We owe these a pasting though. Horrible team to play against, never seems like a game where there's anymore than a goal in it. Apart from the last one like. Get big Nunez back in the team, bit of aggression from our lads from the start and rip them one. That'll do me

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #70 on: March 1, 2023, 10:27:59 am »

At last reporting Brentford and Brighton have 2 of the 5 smallest wage bills in the league
We have the 3rd or 4th biggest

I'd say the perception they're having amazing seasons and we're having a shit one is pretty bang on

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: March 1, 2023, 10:47:56 am »

All about standards isn't it. I refuse to look at Brighton and Fulham's scores at the weekend in relation to what we're doing. When I start feeling happy that either have lost because it helps us I'll know we're doomed.  ;)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 1, 2023, 10:49:23 am »
Every league game from here on in is massive.

Up the Reds. Into these.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #73 on: March 1, 2023, 10:53:10 am »
If we're serious about top four, then we cant afford not to win this one. Cant keep bumbling around onto shit runs of form. Spurs look like they've got an easy run of games now, as much as top four flights usually descend into competitions for who can drop post points it'll still be too much if we dont get on a run of wins pretty swiftly.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 1, 2023, 10:54:43 am »
All about standards isn't it. I refuse to look at Brighton and Fulham's scores at the weekend in relation to what we're doing. When I start feeling happy that either have lost because it helps us I'll know we're doomed.  ;)

I know exactly what you mean. :)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 1, 2023, 10:56:09 am »
At last reporting Brentford and Brighton have 2 of the 5 smallest wage bills in the league
We have the 3rd or 4th biggest

I'd say the perception they're having amazing seasons and we're having a shit one is pretty bang on

I guess I'm a 'glass half full' type. :)

I did say (write) that it wasn't cause for celebration though.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #76 on: March 1, 2023, 11:00:28 am »
Alisson
Gomez Vvd Matip Tsimikas
Jones Bacjetic Fabinho
Elliott Firmino Jota

Would be nice

Resting the whole side.

Plus Gomez is injured.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #77 on: March 1, 2023, 11:03:45 am »
So cheesed off with absolutely everything in life at the moment.

Could do with a win. Any win :(

Come on the Reds.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: March 1, 2023, 11:20:17 am »
This is a must-win, 100%. Although I've said that about another dozen or so games since October and we lost half of them and are still in with a shout.

Top 4 isn't like chasing City, obviously, otherwise we'd have been done before the World Cup. Teams we are chasing are flawed, as are we, but games like this are games we simply have to win. We've been floating around and consoling ourselves that there are loads of games left, but we're down to 15, 4 of which are against Arsenal, City, United and Spurs. We need to maximise what we can get from the other 11 starting tonight.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 1, 2023, 11:30:02 am »

Yeah it's fucking silly in this day and age. People in Liverpool (or London with the Arsenal game) can't watch one of the biggest sports teams on the planet from their own city in their own home tonight, it's ridiculous. Obvs ways round it but still stupid.