Author Topic: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]  (Read 28099 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2023, 10:31:46 am »
I don't remember there being any music in the game... at least not in the first... in the second you get forced to play a Guitar Hero side quest... oops spoiler alert

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: February 24, 2023, 10:36:44 am »
I've been listening to loads of Linda Ronstadt since that episode.  :D
nice :D any recommendations?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2023, 10:57:24 am »
I don't remember there being any music in the game... at least not in the first... in the second you get forced to play a Guitar Hero side quest... oops spoiler alert

BAN THIS FOOL (Brian Blessed voice).

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2023, 10:59:22 am »
How is anyone watching this?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2023, 11:01:13 am »
How is anyone watching this?

How as in...on a TV? In which case....uh?

How as in....you dont think its any good? In which case...uh?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2023, 11:05:05 am »
How as in...on a TV? In which case....uh?

How as in....you dont think its any good? In which case...uh?

I have Virgin media. I have Disney+. I have Netflix and I have access to several other UK streams.

It doesn't appear to be available to me on any of these sources. If people live in the UK and are watching it, how are they watching it? Either they are channeling the force or are subscribed to something?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2023, 11:10:22 am »
I have Virgin media. I have Disney+. I have Netflix and I have access to several other UK streams.

It doesn't appear to be available to me on any of these sources. If people live in the UK and are watching it, how are they watching it? Either they are channeling the force or are subscribed to something?

It's on Sky Atlantic. I'm using a Now TV entertainment subscription. It's handy, I let a couple of series build up - then pay for a month, binge them, then unsubscribe. Worked for me for White Lotus, the terrible Game Of Thrones thing and a few other bits.   
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2023, 02:05:19 pm »
I've been listening to loads of Linda Ronstadt since that episode.  :D

Her song about Mr Plow being a boozer is great
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2023, 05:09:11 pm »

It's on Sky Atlantic, which is not available on Virgin.  It has not been a problem since Game of Thrones finished.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2023, 06:31:11 pm »
I download it.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2023, 09:23:29 pm »
nice :D any recommendations?

Not so much songs in particular, just chucked on Long Long Time on Youtube then put on the Linda Ronstadt mix. Loads of good live performances.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2023, 10:31:08 am »
It's on Sky Atlantic. I'm using a Now TV entertainment subscription. It's handy, I let a couple of series build up - then pay for a month, binge them, then unsubscribe. Worked for me for White Lotus, the terrible Game Of Thrones thing and a few other bits.   

Nice one ta mate, I'll look into that :)

Was really looking forward to this. We don't get Sky Atlantic on Virgin :(

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2023, 10:11:03 am »
I love the whole concept that if I sew you up it fixes all the internal stuff.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2023, 05:55:13 pm »
Great music latest episode. Fantastic episode. Love this show. Bella is a STAR

Atmosphere in this episode was too much to take ;D

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2023, 09:54:42 pm »
It's been outstanding all the way through this. Hope they stick the landing with the final 2 episodes.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2023, 10:05:57 pm »
My goodness that was good.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2023, 10:19:55 pm »
Glad they found a way to bring Left Behind into the fold (minus the action elements of the DLC, which felt very tacked on and inauthentic). Lots of emotional resonance with our present lives to be found in that story.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2023, 10:43:50 pm »
A fantastic episode.

The music melody in the background whilst they were on the merry-go-round....was it the Cure? Im so annoyed at myself that I can't figure it out.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2023, 10:45:44 pm »
Two pretty slow episodes. Can they wrap up the story in remaining two? I did not play the game.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2023, 10:49:14 pm »
A fantastic episode.

The music melody in the background whilst they were on the merry-go-round....was it the Cure? Im so annoyed at myself that I can't figure it out.
Yeah it was. Pretty sure it was Just like heaven

Really enjoyed that episode - so long since I played the original game, didn't really clock that I hadn't played this part.

Feels like there's still a lot to go, and only two episodes left. But I guess the last one will be close to 90 mins (and I'm not reliable, memory wise either, maybe it's close to concluding)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2023, 10:59:17 pm »
Thought that was the weakest one so far.

Two pretty slow episodes. Can they wrap up the story in remaining two? I did not play the game.
It all depends where they’re planning on ending it. If this season covers the entire first game then it seems like a lot to pack in to two episodes. They might end it at some point before that though.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: February 28, 2023, 12:19:54 am »
They'd have to cut some major parts of the winter storyline to finish the game story in 2 episodes. I dunno, I reckon there may be 2 seasons for game 1 after all...

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: February 28, 2023, 12:32:45 am »
Thought that was the weakest one so far.
It all depends where they’re planning on ending it. If this season covers the entire first game then it seems like a lot to pack in to two episodes. They might end it at some point before that though.

The reviews said the last two eps cover a lot of story quickly. Which kind of makes sense, as the character build up of Joel/Ellie and why they both need each other is hard to pull off in 8-9 hours of television. I can't see any other way the story ends in Season 1 other than to mirror the game ending.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2023, 05:51:35 am »
Loved that episode. Bella Ramsey is smashing it out of the park.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2023, 08:12:55 am »

I loved the Cure on the carousel. Not realistic of course but nicely done. We should have known that 80s music means danger!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2023, 09:06:00 am »
Hm. All got a bit too Stranger Things for my liking!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2023, 09:06:10 am »

I've got a theory on where they might end it, and I know people on here aren't enthused about game spoilers in this thread but this will be the only time I allude to future events. To make it clear, these are GAME SPOILERS FOR BOTH PART 1 AND PART 2.

Spoiler
I reckon they might end it with Joel and Ellie nearly drowning in the tunnel, and then Joel getting knocked out by the Fireflies. The events at the hospital is the connecting bridge between the events of Part 1 and Part 2, it makes just as much sense to start Season 2 with those story beats as it does to end Season 1 with them. Plus is gives us a little bit more Pedro Pascal next season, and that iconic moment where Joel lies to Ellie is the perfect way to end the Season 2 premiere. And then Episode 2 is where real shit goes down
[close]

As an aside, Episode 7 was an incredible demonstration of Bella Ramsey's acting prowess. This one was all about her, and it was wonderful.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2023, 10:40:37 am »
I've got a theory on where they might end it, and I know people on here aren't enthused about game spoilers in this thread but this will be the only time I allude to future events. To make it clear, these are GAME SPOILERS FOR BOTH PART 1 AND PART 2.

Spoiler
I reckon they might end it with Joel and Ellie nearly drowning in the tunnel, and then Joel getting knocked out by the Fireflies. The events at the hospital is the connecting bridge between the events of Part 1 and Part 2, it makes just as much sense to start Season 2 with those story beats as it does to end Season 1 with them. Plus is gives us a little bit more Pedro Pascal next season, and that iconic moment where Joel lies to Ellie is the perfect way to end the Season 2 premiere. And then Episode 2 is where real shit goes down
[close]

As an aside, Episode 7 was an incredible demonstration of Bella Ramsey's acting prowess. This one was all about her, and it was wonderful.

GAME SPOILER GAME DONT CLICK ON IT COS ITS ABOUT THE GAME, BOTH GAMES

Spoiler
Yeah its hard to see how they can fit everything left into two episodes. The next bit definitely warrants a whole episode (her hunting, meeting David, their whole thing, Joel recovering, the burning restaurant), frankly maybe even two. Then Salt Lake City is a massive bit of the game, there's loads before they even get to the hospital. I mean they could maybe do it in two if they're both feature length
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2023, 11:18:16 am »
ARGHHHHH SO MANY GAME SPOILERS HOW WILL WE COPE ARGHHHHHHHH.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: February 28, 2023, 11:19:46 am »
Nerds playing the games.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: February 28, 2023, 11:21:54 am »
Agree with the Bella Ramsey shouts. She's been outstanding.

Both leads have been flawless.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: February 28, 2023, 12:59:06 pm »
I didn't know much about Bella Ramsey, I'd seen her a few times in Game Of Thrones but that wasn't really my bag.  I was a bit on the fence regarding her portrayal as Ellie at first, it took me around 20 minutes of episode two to realise my doubts were misplaced, she's more than holding her own against Pedro Pascal who is outstanding himself.

I understand why some might be apprehensive regarding potential pacing issues, but they've absolutely nailed everything so far, I'll be amazed if they manage to fudge the last two episodes.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: February 28, 2023, 08:03:39 pm »
A fantastic episode.

It was. Just Like Heaven.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 6, 2023, 09:08:16 pm »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: March 6, 2023, 09:42:23 pm »
Good? I didn't have time to watch last night.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: March 6, 2023, 09:43:56 pm »
Another great episode.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 6, 2023, 09:52:02 pm »
Good? I didn't have time to watch last night.
Yeah it was mostly very good

ep 8 spoiler
Spoiler
another in their catalogue of successfully introducing and sort of fleshing out a character for a one episode shelf life. He played it great, was spot on and they did incredibly well by being economical and not overdoing culty/preachy stuff.

Think they maybe hammed up the infected wound (then similarly overdid recovering), but it wasn't bad.

One question I'd ask of those who haven't played the games - how did the violence from Joel (inc torture and beating the last guy to death) go down with you?

I was wondering if the group from the village not having been after them in this episode may have made it seem more stark especially after a week (couldn't tell you what any of the four people in episode 7 looked like, or who the three surivors were among the men in the village)
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #398 on: March 6, 2023, 10:14:41 pm »
I'm loving the show don't get me wrong, but to play devil's advocate, does it have to be virtually a shot for shot remake of the game? Seems a bit pointless if so

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 6, 2023, 10:17:02 pm »
Oh my God. Ellie/Bella smashed it out of the park again. The last ten minutes was awesome.