Author Topic: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]  (Read 26964 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]
« Reply #240 on: February 4, 2023, 12:21:58 pm »

2) If you mean the Eternals, it's been out 2 years. Do we avoid talking - without spoilers - about the Blip? Or that Iron Man dies? Or that Kang is the new MCU grand villain?

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #241 on: February 5, 2023, 03:31:07 am »
Spoiling the ending of the game in the middle of a discussion about the series, episode 3 in a thread about the series when there's a thread about the game and then still doubling down? Certain posters to a tee for sure.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 5, 2023, 10:20:02 pm »
Not going to look at any of the divvies posting spoilers, but just popping in to say I watched the third episode and spent a good chunk of its second half with tears streaming down my face. Great television and wonderful performances by Murray Bartlett and Nick Offerman.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 5, 2023, 10:33:42 pm »
Spoiling the ending of the game in the middle of a discussion about the series, episode 3 in a thread about the series when there's a thread about the game and then still doubling down? Certain posters to a tee for sure.

What year did the game come out again ?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 5, 2023, 11:17:26 pm »
I assume alb's objection is that game spoilers in turn spoil the TV series; the statute of limitations on the game has most definitely passed. :)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #245 on: February 5, 2023, 11:52:08 pm »
I assume alb's objection is that game spoilers in turn spoil the TV series; the statute of limitations on the game has most definitely passed. :)

In the game thread. This is about the television show, which is three episodes in.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: February 6, 2023, 03:09:36 am »
Yeah... the first half of my sentence already made that distinction, but well done for spelling it out.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: February 6, 2023, 11:55:27 am »
Episode 4... not the most exciting. Best part was adding to my stash of dad jokes.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #248 on: February 6, 2023, 03:10:51 pm »
HBO max are streaming episode 5 early (Friday) so be warned for potential spoilers on social media etc.

It’s coming.

Stream episode 5 of #TheLastOfUs early, this Friday at 9PM on
@HBOMax

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #249 on: February 6, 2023, 10:08:06 pm »
Gah. Struggling with the weekly wait.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #250 on: February 7, 2023, 10:33:46 am »
Yeah... the first half of my sentence already made that distinction, but well done for spelling it out.

Not intended as a dig/tetchy post, just an underscoring of your point for others  :)

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #251 on: February 7, 2023, 10:36:13 am »
Episode 4... not the most exciting. Best part was adding to my stash of dad jokes.

One for developing the relationship at the heart of the show wasn't it.

Enjoying being reminded about some of the key situations in the game (which I'm playing along with, but lagging behind in!).

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 7, 2023, 10:47:13 am »
One for developing the relationship at the heart of the show wasn't it.

Enjoying being reminded about some of the key situations in the game (which I'm playing along with, but lagging behind in!).

Yeah I thought it was actually very touching when Joel couldn't stop himself laughing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #253 on: February 7, 2023, 11:09:16 am »
Another tremendous episode. Don't take this as a spoiler guys.....but I love that its hitting the same spots that the game did/does. Its obviously filmed as a TV show...but some of the set-pieces mimic the game so perfectly, the guys who have made it are obviously very passionate about it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #254 on: February 7, 2023, 12:35:00 pm »
Another tremendous episode. Don't take this as a spoiler guys.....but I love that its hitting the same spots that the game did/does. Its obviously filmed as a TV show...but some of the set-pieces mimic the game so perfectly, the guys who have made it are obviously very passionate about it.

There's a real balance to find between featuring some of the action set-pieces from the game but without overdoing that, and instead enriching the story & the characters. They're doing a fantastic job.

Yeah I thought it was actually very touching when Joel couldn't stop himself laughing.

Proper understated 'less is more' stuff :)

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 7, 2023, 12:36:14 pm »
Not intended as a dig/tetchy post, just an underscoring of your point for others  :)

No worries, sorry for being a snippy bustard.

I guess on reflection I agree ep4 was good for sowing the first seeds of a Joel-Ellie relationship. Maybe I was hoping for a bit more action after the relationship-heavy ep3, and the rebels felt a bit Walking Dead-ish to me, hope they become more nuanced. In any event, (inevitable ep5+ spoiler based on game knowledge)...

Spoiler
the introduction of Henry and Sam at the end should herald another high point in the show, as their story arc was the most devastating part of the game for me, and promises to hit even harder now I have two boys of my own.
[close]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #256 on: February 7, 2023, 12:39:08 pm »
You're gonna get in trouble for that spoiler GreatEx ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: February 7, 2023, 12:40:38 pm »
It's a labelled spoiler... caveat poster 'n' all that :)

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #258 on: February 7, 2023, 01:00:31 pm »
Textbook spoiler-use. Cheered me right up ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #259 on: February 7, 2023, 03:32:08 pm »
Just rewatched episode 3 and cried all over again. Nick Offerman was absolutely amazing.

An absolutely stunning episode that, took me completely by surprise - how people can't get over the fact that it's just 2 people that love each other makes me despair.  Don't know about the game so watching this "blind" so to speak.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #260 on: February 7, 2023, 03:43:32 pm »
The ratings keeps going up hit 7.5 million for episode 4 and it was against the Grammys
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 03:45:47 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 8, 2023, 06:58:47 pm »
Cannot fault the TV show so far. Really felt it was heart warming just listening/watching them laugh at the end after the joke.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #262 on: February 8, 2023, 08:28:09 pm »
I think my main takeaway from Ep.4 was that I finally don't find Ellie really annoying. Phewf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: February 8, 2023, 10:10:23 pm »
The ratings keeps going up hit 7.5 million for episode 4 and it was against the Grammys

A Will Smith'less Grammys

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: February 8, 2023, 10:55:51 pm »
Bella and Pedro's chemistry is so good.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #265 on: February 8, 2023, 11:56:24 pm »
Got asked today have you watched the new mushroom zombie show. Came as a surprise that they watched it as they hate said fungi and end of the world shows.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 9, 2023, 01:31:06 pm »
I think my main takeaway from Ep.4 was that I finally don't find Ellie really annoying. Phewf.

Loved the bit in the car when she was winding Joel up about something

"Ahhhh I'm just fucking with ye!"

:)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 9, 2023, 01:45:13 pm »
Spoiler
I wonder how they are going to do it when they incorporate the second game into the tv show in regards to Ellie. She looks considerably older in the second game and the girl who is playing her still looks really young.
[close]

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 9, 2023, 06:12:08 pm »
For anyone who like Frank in Episode 3. Check out White Lotus season 1 on HBO, his actor is one of the characters in that and he's amazing there too.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 9, 2023, 07:51:05 pm »

Ha, with you. Surprised I’m warming to her.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #270 on: February 9, 2023, 10:35:48 pm »
Spoiler
I wonder how they are going to do it when they incorporate the second game into the tv show in regards to Ellie. She looks considerably older in the second game and the girl who is playing her still looks really young.
[close]

Don't you come in here with all that "second game" malarkey, young man.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 9, 2023, 10:37:07 pm »
Don't you come in here with all that "second game" malarkey, young man.

;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2023, 03:25:20 pm »
So we have to wait til Monday in the UK even though it's airing in the US tonight?

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2023, 03:29:40 pm »
So we have to wait til Monday in the UK even though it's airing in the US tonight?

Available through Sky on demand from 2am tonight. Not sure about Now TV, but I'd imagine it's the same.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2023, 03:34:11 pm »
For anyone who like Frank in Episode 3. Check out White Lotus season 1 on HBO, his actor is one of the characters in that and he's amazing there too.

He is also in Welcome to Chippendales on Disney+, he is choreographer for the dancers and is excellent.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2023, 04:38:40 pm »

There are always alternative means...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2023, 04:47:04 pm »
Available through Sky on demand from 2am tonight. Not sure about Now TV, but I'd imagine it's the same.

It is the same mate.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2023, 11:10:03 pm »
They coming.

‘A growing threat to human health’: we are ill-equipped for the dangers of fungal infections
About 2 million people die a year as a result of a core group of fungi, and the WHO is concerned we are unprepared for the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/feb/10/a-growing-threat-to-human-health-we-are-ill-equipped-for-the-dangers-of-fungal-infections
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2023, 09:41:58 pm »
Latest episode is superb again.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2023, 09:51:20 pm »
Whoa dude, some of us haven't seen it yet!! :D