Author Topic: The Traitors  (Read 13877 times)

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Traitors
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2024, 12:51:58 pm »
Spoiler
Not sure about that. I think they have to let them recruit to ensure there's at least one traitor in the final. But I think it actually gets much harder for the traitors towards the end because the low numbers mean it's more likely they'll get picked off at banishment.

They made a terrible choice picking Ross too - obviously they weren't to know he had revenge in mind but he was a terrible choice even without that element.

Also Harry telling Jaz he had the shield was a recklessly cocky move. I'm just disappointed that Zack and Evie didn't give enough credence to Jaz's perfectly sound reasons for suspecting Harry because if they had, Harry would be a definite goner now.
[close]

Spoiler
That's going to fuck things up for Harry if Jaz wants to go for him next round table. Harry told Jaz and Zack together about the shield so if Jaz goes for Harry there's no way Harry can come back at him and accuse Jaz of being a traitor. Because as Jaz already had the info about Harry and the shield (witnessed by Zack) why would Jaz try to kill Harry if he knew he was protected. For Harry's story to be true about surviving an attempted kill Jaz (and Zack) must be a faithful. It's time for Jaz to come to the fore and take down Harry.
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2024, 02:27:39 pm »
Spoiler
Success has gone to Harry’s head. Have to say, Ross now being a traitor is brilliant as he looks determined to take Harry down for killing his mum. That adds such a layer of intrigue to the final week. My guess is that Harry will be gone before the finale, but I struggle to see how he wins it from here.
[close]

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2024, 02:43:06 pm »
Spoiler
Success has gone to Harry’s head. Have to say, Ross now being a traitor is brilliant as he looks determined to take Harry down for killing his mum. That adds such a layer of intrigue to the final week. My guess is that Harry will be gone before the finale, but I struggle to see how he wins it from here.
[close]
Spoiler
He’s been too cocky for a while, but he’s 22 so probably just overexcited! I agree with you, I think his days are numbered. But he did manage to stay fairly quiet at last nights round table. I think he might’ve realised he’s being too vocal. People questioning how he could be so psychic probably made him think “oh shit”. I think he even said as much at one point in the ‘to camera’ clips
[close]

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2024, 02:52:05 pm »
Spoiler
Not sure about that. I think they have to let them recruit to ensure there's at least one traitor in the final. But I think it actually gets much harder for the traitors towards the end because the low numbers mean it's more likely they'll get picked off at banishment.

They made a terrible choice picking Ross too - obviously they weren't to know he had revenge in mind but he was a terrible choice even without that element.

Also Harry telling Jaz he had the shield was a recklessly cocky move. I'm just disappointed that Zack and Evie didn't give enough credence to Jaz's perfectly sound reasons for suspecting Harry because if they had, Harry would be a definite goner now.
[close]

Spoiler
I disagree. The low number left doesn't make it likely they'll get picked off at banishment because if they all vote the same way, that's already 3 out of the 4 votes needed to get rid of a faithful. Also because of how the game has worked out, the next banishment is going to be Jasmine, and then the traitors are one murder away from it being 3v3. At that point, they can't really lose unless one of them becomes very selfish.

There also doesn't need to be a traitor in the final - just the idea that there could be a traitor.
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2024, 02:56:56 pm »
Spoiler
Just to add to my previous post. Harry potentially made a blunder when he told Molly “Trust me you’ve got nothing to worry about” about the night’s murder. She may not have noticed, but that’s a blatant one. Also, I think Jazz and Zack will suss his whole ploy about refusing being recruited, as he has the shield, and he told them. Should’ve either kept completely quiet or been out in the open, not half & half. Yeah he’s screwed ;D
[close]

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2024, 06:24:10 pm »
Spoiler
I disagree. The low number left doesn't make it likely they'll get picked off at banishment because if they all vote the same way, that's already 3 out of the 4 votes needed to get rid of a faithful. Also because of how the game has worked out, the next banishment is going to be Jasmine, and then the traitors are one murder away from it being 3v3. At that point, they can't really lose unless one of them becomes very selfish.

There also doesn't need to be a traitor in the final - just the idea that there could be a traitor.
[close]

Spoiler
This is far from scientific but my feeling is based on having seen in the first UK series and the Australian series how quickly everything seems to unravel for the traitors when they get towards the end. It just seems to get much harder for them to do their traitory thing. They can go from looking very strong to being utterly destroyed very quickly. The Aussie girl who won that series only got away with it because she was an ice-cold psychopath. I don't see any of the current UK contestants pulling off what she did.

Charlotte going changes the dynamics of the group massively and makes it less likely Jasmine will be banished, I reckon. Especially with Ross on his revenge mission - he won't be interested in Jasmine now, will he? I confess this is all just guesswork but that's part of what makes it so much fun.

Of course there doesn't need to be an actual traitor in the final from the players' point of view, but the producers will absolutely want there to be at least one in the mix to keep viewers interested, so will do everything they can to engineer it. In the first series, once it was down to just Wilf left, he had no choice, he had to recruit - it was the only way they could guarantee there being at least one traitor in the final.
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2024, 06:33:18 pm »
Spoiler
That's going to fuck things up for Harry if Jaz wants to go for him next round table. Harry told Jaz and Zack together about the shield so if Jaz goes for Harry there's no way Harry can come back at him and accuse Jaz of being a traitor. Because as Jaz already had the info about Harry and the shield (witnessed by Zack) why would Jaz try to kill Harry if he knew he was protected. For Harry's story to be true about surviving an attempted kill Jaz (and Zack) must be a faithful. It's time for Jaz to come to the fore and take down Harry.
[close]
Great point. Show has got better as it's gone on. Can they do a third?

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2024, 06:33:36 pm »
Spoiler
Just to add to my previous post. Harry potentially made a blunder when he told Molly “Trust me you’ve got nothing to worry about” about the night’s murder. She may not have noticed, but that’s a blatant one. Also, I think Jazz and Zack will suss his whole ploy about refusing being recruited, as he has the shield, and he told them. Should’ve either kept completely quiet or been out in the open, not half & half. Yeah he’s screwed ;D
[close]

Spoiler
Watched the Traitors uncloaked thing last night and Charlotte was saying she knew about Paul way before and she just kept him close to use him as a shield. Molly could be doing the same with Harry, it would be in her best interests for Harry to take everyone else out, including all the Traitors leaving her with just him. It's probably the best tactic to win all the loot for yourself. Then again she could just be young and naive. We just don't know.
[close]

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2024, 07:30:50 pm »
Spoiler
Watched the Traitors uncloaked thing last night and Charlotte was saying she knew about Paul way before and she just kept him close to use him as a shield. Molly could be doing the same with Harry, it would be in her best interests for Harry to take everyone else out, including all the Traitors leaving her with just him. It's probably the best tactic to win all the loot for yourself. Then again she could just be young and naive. We just don't know.
[close]
Spoiler
Probably just young and naive Bob, but you’re right…it would be a great way for her to win! I think if (or when) it was her tactic, she’d tell us via a ‘talk to camera’ moment
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2024, 01:43:24 pm »
Spoiler
Traitors have got this in the bag now unless they fuck it up. Jasmine looks like she's gone on Wednesday and then they just need to get rid of Jaz and Zack and there's no one left except the dum dums who can be easily manipulated.
[close]

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2024, 08:25:32 am »
Caught up with the Australian version over the weekend - poor Craig :(
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2024, 12:21:16 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
I feel like a lot of that is the producer trying to create a bit of tension. The traitors are like one day away from being level numbers-wise, I cant imagine he's going to start going against someone like Harry 'because he murdered his mum'. Jasmine goes next, murder Zack or Jaz and its job done.
[close]

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2024, 02:02:48 pm »
Spoiler
I feel like a lot of that is the producer trying to create a bit of tension. The traitors are like one day away from being level numbers-wise, I cant imagine he's going to start going against someone like Harry 'because he murdered his mum'. Jasmine goes next, murder Zack or Jaz and its job done.
[close]

Spoiler
I've enjoyed seeing Harry's Machiavellian antics, culminating in the assassination of Paul, but the little shit has got so cocky.

Would be great if:

1) Zach and Jaz speak with either Ross (more likely) or Andrew to share their thoughts on Harry and say they're going to vote for him
2) Andrew and Ross had a frank and honest "You do know that Harry is going to throw us under the bus when it suits, yeah? So why don't we knife him first?" chat

Jasmine is pretty sharp and, if it was a case of those four ganging up on Harry at the round table, I think she'd cotton on pretty quick.
[close]

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2024, 02:03:23 pm »
Incidentally, Paul is originally from Sintellins and is a big Liverpool fan.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2024, 02:20:35 pm »

Spoiler
I've enjoyed seeing Harry's Machiavellian antics, culminating in the assassination of Paul, but the little shit has got so cocky.

Would be great if:

1) Zach and Jaz speak with either Ross (more likely) or Andrew to share their thoughts on Harry and say they're going to vote for him
2) Andrew and Ross had a frank and honest "You do know that Harry is going to throw us under the bus when it suits, yeah? So why don't we knife him first?" chat

Jasmine is pretty sharp and, if it was a case of those four ganging up on Harry at the round table, I think she'd cotton on pretty quick.
[close]

Spoiler
I would like it if Andrew went on to win it now. It seemed like he genuinely didn't want to be a Traitor but felt like he didn't have any choice as he'd probably have been murdered if he'd declined. He seems like a decent bloke and there's not much evil scheming to him.
[close]

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2024, 02:34:03 pm »
Caught up with the Australian version over the weekend - poor Craig :(

His "Oh no" when he finally realised what was going to happen
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2024, 03:26:34 pm »

Spoiler
I would like it if Andrew went on to win it now. It seemed like he genuinely didn't want to be a Traitor but felt like he didn't have any choice as he'd probably have been murdered if he'd declined. He seems like a decent bloke and there's not much evil scheming to him.
[close]

Yeah I agree with this.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2024, 12:39:51 pm »
When the contestants first met up and were nattering away to each other, Andrew, raising his voice above everyone, did that "Guys, guys... let's all organise ourselves" thing and I immediately took a dislike to him, thinking "Oh, he's one of those people"

Since then, though, I've grown to like him - and he does seem pretty genuine (and not as clueless as he sometimes comes across)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2024, 01:41:25 pm »
I wouldn't call him clueless but he seems like a very uncomplicated kind of person.

It appears to be working to his advantage in this game.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2024, 02:16:03 pm »
I wouldn't call him clueless but he seems like a very uncomplicated kind of person.

It appears to be working to his advantage in this game.

His round table guesses were!!

:D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2024, 02:22:07 pm »
Yeah he seems like a genuinely decent fella. Be happy to see him win.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2024, 02:46:50 pm »
I wouldn't call him clueless

Not to his face anyway. 

Big bastard would crush me. :)

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2024, 03:28:33 pm »

Pretty sure they all are. Its a game to win a tasty chunk of money, if you get picked as a Traitor you have to play it as one however nice you might be as a person.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2024, 04:22:04 pm »

Sure I read he was in a pretty big car crash earlier in life and "brought back from the dead"
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2024, 04:22:39 pm »
Pretty sure they all are. Its a game to win a tasty chunk of money, if you get picked as a Traitor you have to play it as one however nice you might be as a person.

Yeah, always makes me laugh when they say to the others that they couldn’t possibly be a traitor. You could mate, it’s literally decided by Claudia tapping you on the shoulder!

If I was in it, my overriding philosophy would be to assume that the person I least think is a traitor most definitely is a traitor.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2024, 04:45:04 pm »
Yeah, always makes me laugh when they say to the others that they couldn’t possibly be a traitor. You could mate, it’s literally decided by Claudia tapping you on the shoulder!

If I was in it, my overriding philosophy would be to assume that the person I least think is a traitor most definitely is a traitor.

To be fair, they do choose people that have said they want to be a traitor, or at least those they think would be best at it!

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2024, 02:30:42 pm »
finally caught up enough to enter this thread  ;D
love this show

Spoiler
I liked Harry, thought he played the game really well up until sending Paul home. Then started to get a bit too cocky but its understandable given his age and being the last one left out the original traitors...

I don't think Ross is really going to get revenge for his mum. Just something he said which sounded good to those that edit the episodes. But fully expect Harry to try get him onside and win it by outing Andrew....though would make me laugh if Andrew makes some moves and gets one over on Harry as he was written off as a patsy from the off

Am all for Jaz and Jasmine to win it. Though I am not actually backing anyone in any strong way as just enjoying how this develops....game gets harder for Traitors as it goes on so its about to get interesting!
[close]

One thing that's made me laugh this series is how often people say to justify their bs how something is "traiterousssss behaviour" :lmao

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 02:44:06 pm by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2024, 03:32:06 pm »
Traiterous behaviour is always a funny one, cos I'd be thinking traiterous behaviour is literally not doing what people think is traiterous behaviour :D Like when they all kept saying not murdering
Spoiler
Paul
[close]
was suss because it was so obvious....you're surely wanting to do what isn't obvious until you get to a nice position of power.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2024, 11:03:42 pm »
Haha fucking hell that was mad.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2024, 11:29:53 pm »
Haha fucking hell that was mad.

Spoiler
Yes Ross was never going to the end. Think Harry has this in the bag now unless something weird happens or goes full Wilf mode from s1
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2024, 11:31:48 pm »
Spoiler
Ross was too nice. Should have realised he was leaving and thrown Harry under a bus by accusing him of recruiting someone and then coming up with the shield ruse.

I’m assuming Mollie gets murdered. Harry fancies the arse off her and won’t want to have to publicly reveal himself to her at the end of the finale. Then it will likely be Jasmine or Andrew banished. Harry should want Andrew to get to the end, as the Faithful are conditioned to assume there is a Traitor in the finale and if Andrew is gone they’ll look elsewhere. But he’s increasingly short sighted so if the chance arises tomorrow, he’ll banish Andrew.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 11:34:43 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2024, 11:40:10 pm »

Spoiler
Could Ross have pretended they tried to recruit him and he turned it down? That way the suspicion is straight on to Harry.
[close]

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2024, 12:08:17 am »
Harry is a massive prick. That Mollie is pathetic too.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2024, 12:24:15 am »
Harry is a massive prick. That Mollie is pathetic too.

Spoiler
Got to respect Harry a bit here, the way he bubbled Ross out for what Andrew said to Ross then sat back as they destroyed each other was masterful. Got rid of Ross and has lined up Andrew for the chopping block as the final traitor. He needs to get rid of Jaz tonight though, Jaz has his number and Zack has lost the plot a bit. He's too certain with his ideas which makes him a bit closed minded. He lucked out that Ross was a new traitor, could just have easily picked Jasmine or Evie with that reasoning.

Actually hope that Harry fucks up and picks Zack. I don't think Mollie is as daft as some people think, she could easily be playing Harry like a fiddle, the editing of the show.kinda makes me think that could be the big finale, Mollie turning on Harry.
[close]

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2024, 12:44:42 am »
Spoiler
Hopefully Zack is  murdered. Annoying get
[close]

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2024, 08:17:38 am »
Spoiler
Jas Murdered / Jasmine Banished / Zack Murdered. Then its Harry/Andrew/Evie & Mollie - Harry gets Mollie to side with him to vote out Andrew - who's unmasked as the "last" traitor and Harry wins.
Or Andrew tries throwing the "Harry knew a lot of specifics about Paul" theory to get him out. Either way, a traitor is winning
[close]

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2024, 08:58:14 am »
Spoiler
Very difficult to see a traitor not winning here.
Only thing will be if Andrew & Harry buddy up to vote the other two out and split the pot, but I don't think they will.
Molly defo fancies Harry and I can see her getting totally burned in the final when she finds out the truth.
[close]

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2024, 10:06:54 am »
Spoiler
Ross must be up there on the list of shittest players of all time. All the way through he's scattergunned his accusations and mostly missed the mark by a mile. Last episode, he got absolutely owned by Harry. Him smugly sat in that chair after telling Harry about Andrew saying that, saying he was 'planting seeds'... only for Harry to drop the little bomb in the middle of the round table and walk off whistling. If he was going to survive, he'd have needed to rope Andrew in with a 'you do know Harry will knife us both in the back, so why don't we do him in first?', then get Jaz and Jasmine onside.

Speaking of Harry, he's one evil, shifty twat - but I don't think quite as clever as he thinks. He's been massively helped by the bellendery of other contestants and struck lucky on a few occasions. He has them on strings because they've been so dumb. I used to be intrigued by his scheming; now I can't stand him for being a cocky gobshite.

Jaz looked to have a great handle on things earlier in the series, but it's like he's made a decision to just try to melt into the pack of sheep to survive. Won't work. Zach is almost at Ross levels of dim.

Evie and Molly are just Harry fangirls, at least on the face of it (I don't really go with the theory that Mollie is playing a cunning game)

Can't see past Harry now, which is bloody annoying cos he's so dislikeable.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 09:02:05 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2024, 10:54:57 am »
Spoiler
Yeah Harry is a bad wool that I don't want to win at all. Can't stand his gelled hair, earing, chain and clothes he wears.
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2024, 11:15:48 am »
Spoiler
Seems it's just me who likes Harry and has been wanting him to win since the start.

Only other player I like is Jaz cos he's actually had a handle on whats been going on and how to actually play the game. I really can't root for the idiots like Mollie and Evie to win when they've contributed fuck all throughout and you just know Zack is a Tory.

Harry deserves to win as it stands as he's gone through 10 episodes now with his name barely being mentioned.
[close]