Author Topic: The Traitors  (Read 13875 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Traitors
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2024, 10:05:17 am »
Spoiler
I think there are scenarios where a traitor would vote to banish again. For example, if they were certain one of the other two were going to opt to vote again, they might also to do so in an effort to put the focus on the other person.

But crucially, Mollie didn’t think either of them were traitors. So to her, no matter what she did she was voting out a faithful - it stands to reason she’d side with the one she trusted more. Yes, Jaz would have been the safer option for her but she let her heart rule her head. If she’d gone for Harry and he’d turned out to be faithful, I think she’d have been gutted - even though it would have resulted in a bigger share of the prize. So there’s something admirable about that.
[close]
Spot on!

She’s not stupid, she’s human. I  see people behaving exactly the same way in everyday life.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2024, 10:09:03 am »
Spoiler
Yeah the problem Jaz had was that he was great at working things out, but had absolutely no ability to persuade others or to get his point across.
[close]

Again, something we see all the time in everyday life. Traitors is more real than any other so-called “reality” game show.

Spoiler
Jaz did as well as he could. If he’d gone harder earlier, he’d have made himself a target. It’s testament to how well he did that a) he got to the final, and b) came so close to persuading Mollie. He was easily the best player among the faithfuls.
[close]

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2024, 10:09:43 am »
I thought it would be more interesting if there was an incentive for the Traitors to disrupt the tasks. Anyone who's watched John Kearns on Taskmaster trying to sabotage a task secretly will know why ;D But yeah if there's a way that they can incentivise Traitors to mess things up for the group it would add an edge to it as there's basically no reason whatsoever for them to act differently for the bulk of their time there.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2024, 10:09:55 am »
 I said yesterday...
Spoiler
...the best way for Andrew to get Harry out was to get Jaz onside during the day against Harry, and then either persuade Evie or at the least convince her that unless the three of them went against Harry, she would be the one voted out.

What came out in the aftershow was that Evie was as hoodwinked by Harry as Evie, though less seemingly infatuated, so I don't know if there was any hope of my scenario coming off. You'd think that self-preservation would have kicked in, but sometimes people are too blindsided.

As it happens, Jaz very belatedly locating his testicles almost came off. But Harry flashed the doe-eyes at Mollie and she threw herself off the rocks for him.

I found Harry entertaining early in the series but as his cockiness and self-congratulation grew (a few times he got very lucky), the Mockney wanker grated more and more. His stated reasons for wanting the money were rubbish, too. Apparently, his girlfriend is a millionaire 'influencer' and his sister has her own horse, so his hints about the family struggling a bit was bollocks. I think him, Mollie, Paul and Charlotte were mainly on the show to further their career ambitions.

But, he played the game well. Too many faithfuls were inclined to trust others way too much. You have to be ruthless to the point of psychopathy. Keep a clear head. And don't float yourself an idea then convince yourself it's totally right (Zach!).
[close]

As an aside, my eldest daughter is applying for next year's. She wanted me to do the same but apart from not having any desire to be on the telly, I know I'd be rubbish at it.

I'm good at seeing a wider picture from a detached distance. But when I'm in the thick of things with other people, I get too 'in the bubble' (I find interaction with people I don't know to be quite stressful... I think I'm a couple of steps along 'the spectrum').
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2024, 10:10:52 am »
The only interference as such is that the organisers do unilaterally decide whether the traitors can recruit and also they sometimes say there can’t be a murder. So one favours the traitors and one hurts them.

As I’ve said before, they need to manipulate it to some extent to ensure there’s at least one traitors in the final. Viewers would lose interest if all the traitors got banished too early.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2024, 10:15:17 am »
What is this show? Genuinely not heard of it.

Imagine if Jean-Paul Sartre was commissioned to invent a game show. It’s that.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2024, 10:30:17 am »
As I’ve said before, they need to manipulate it to some extent to ensure there’s at least one traitors in the final. Viewers would lose interest if all the traitors got banished too early.

Imagine, though, if 5 faithfuls got to the final but believed there was another traitor amongst them?

Would be brilliant telly.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2024, 12:54:39 pm »
Spoiler
Harry deserved to win, he played a better game than anyone else.

Disappointed no-one ever thought logically about Ross. Him revealing he was a traitor and that his mum was Diane was such gold info. That alone should have been enough to get rid of Harry if they’d used their brain
[close]

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2024, 01:03:33 pm »
I said to my Mrs that another thing they could do is not reveal to the audience who the traitors are.

That way you could “play along” and find out along with the other contestants if the banished were traitors or not and wether you made the right pick yourself.

It might also stop things like the know alls giving the last girl stick online for being “thick”. That’s the other thing about reality tv - doesn’t half attract online knobheads.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2024, 01:04:52 pm »
I’d like to see the Traitors have to do more Traitor-y stuff in view of others. The poisoned chalice was so interesting because it forced them to really think on their feet, same with the Judas kiss in season 1. Maybe add an additional layer to the missions that only traitors know about - if they can secretly scupper a mission in some way, the main pot goes down but there’s money added to a secret Traitor pot?

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2024, 01:05:10 pm »
Does anyone think the show would work if we weren't told who the traitors were? The positives would be that we could all play along ourselves as faithfuls!! I am guessing there would be negatives too though.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2024, 01:11:29 pm »
Does anyone think the show would work if we weren't told who the traitors were? The positives would be that we could all play along ourselves as faithfuls!! I am guessing there would be negatives too though.

I said to my Mrs that another thing they could do is not reveal to the audience who the traitors are.

That way you could “play along” and find out along with the other contestants if the banished were traitors or not and wether you made the right pick yourself.

It might also stop things like the know alls giving the last girl stick online for being “thick”. That’s the other thing about reality tv - doesn’t half attract online knobheads.

Thats mad!!
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2024, 02:04:08 pm »

Imagine, though, if 5 faithfuls got to the final but believed there was another traitor amongst them?

Would be brilliant telly.

Not sure the producers would want that. You'd have to get very lucky in that they don't recruit, and the final one gets banished before the final day. It'd only work on the penultimate night too as otherwise there'd be no murders.

It's an interesting idea though.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2024, 02:06:56 pm »
There would be no jeopardy for the viewers. It would end up being just like Big Brother where people get voted out based on personality alone. Dull.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2024, 02:13:50 pm »
Found it daft that they made the person who came 3rd leave the round table. Better TV for us to see their reaction to the game's end. Would have also liked to have seen the winner have interaction with the other three finalists after the win

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2024, 02:20:53 pm »
That's be great although they'd miss alot of not having the recruitments and the Traitors together discussing their picks.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2024, 02:33:06 pm »

This is how US and Aus versions do it.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2024, 02:47:03 pm »
This is how US and Aus versions do it.

I'm watching the Australian Traitors now and the traitors have been revealed just like they did in the UK

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2024, 04:55:55 pm »
I'm watching the Australian Traitors now and the traitors have been revealed just like they did in the UK

dunno just read in Guardian they didnt

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2024, 04:56:24 pm »
dunno just read in Guardian they didnt

Guardian are wrong.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #300 on: January 27, 2024, 11:48:11 pm »
TV Zone @tvukzone

RATINGS: The Traitors concludes with a peak of nearly 7 million viewers on BBC One.

Astonishingly, Uncloaked afterwards on BBC Two actually rated the same as the Series 1 final in 2022.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2024, 12:16:59 am »
Can I watch the uncloaked bit anywhere? Missed it as I was out

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2024, 01:52:49 am »
Oh wow, Sam in the new Aussie Traitors... what an absolute monster bellend. If you thought Harry was cocky, wait till you see this prick.

Spoiler
Bizarrely, he seems to be even more bulletproof than Harry so far - in what I've watched so far, he has not only survived two round tables with faithfuls going full guns blazing at him with strong evidence but has managed to turn the tables on them. Credit to him that he's manipulating the rest of the faithfuls so successfully though. The naivety of some of them and the ease with which they are manipulated is staggering.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 11:02:27 pm by smutchin »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2024, 08:30:39 am »
Again, something we see all the time in everyday life. Traitors is more real than any other so-called “reality” game show.

Spoiler
Jaz did as well as he could. If he’d gone harder earlier, he’d have made himself a target. It’s testament to how well he did that a) he got to the final, and b) came so close to persuading Mollie. He was easily the best player among the faithfuls.
[close]

I agree with a lot of that. All I would add though is…

Spoiler
The only thing with Hindsight that Jaz could have done was voted for Harry instead of Andrew at the final banishment when there was 4, but then i don’t know what would have happened then if the votes were even? However he was unlucky at the end, he was in an impossible position and couldn’t have done anymore than he did.
[close]

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2024, 06:10:22 pm »
I agree with a lot of that. All I would add though is…

Spoiler
The only thing with Hindsight that Jaz could have done was voted for Harry instead of Andrew at the final banishment when there was 4, but then i don’t know what would have happened then if the votes were even? However he was unlucky at the end, he was in an impossible position and couldn’t have done anymore than he did.
[close]

Spoiler
They toss a coin, so then he would have been fucked if Harry had survived because Harry could have then just voted to banish again and claim that Jaz voted for him to protect Andrew.
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2024, 08:54:20 pm »
Just starting watching the Australian series 2.

What the actual fuck? Just 20 absolute bellends. The beauty of the show is having mostly normal, relatable, personable people... this is the complete opposite. Even the US version wasn't anything close to this bad.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2024, 09:01:19 pm »

What the actual fuck? Just 20 absolute bellends. The beauty of the show is having mostly normal, relatable, personable people... this is the complete opposite. Even the US version wasn't anything close to this bad.
Started watching Australian series 1. Given up after one episode. The accent grates too much. Stare-ey bloke was funny though. I’m just gonna stare at everyone. Yeah good plan mate, see ya bellend.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2024, 11:00:34 pm »

There are some comically bad “characters”. In particular, I found Annabelle off-the-scale annoying but despite that I soon started to root for her because of the way she played the game (she doesn’t get any less annoying though).

The big mistake in the Aussie series is having celebs and social media personalities in the mix. (Anyone who describes their job as “content creator” wants shooting.)

Really hope they don’t go down that route with the next UK series.

Spoiler
It’s worth sticking with for the ending though.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 11:03:12 am by smutchin »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2024, 09:38:49 am »
Started watching Australian series 1. Given up after one episode. The accent grates too much. Stare-ey bloke was funny though. I’m just gonna stare at everyone. Yeah good plan mate, see ya bellend.

Aussie series one was very good one of the best in my opinion and a great ending
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2024, 11:30:21 am »
Aussie series one was very good one of the best in my opinion and a great ending
Yeah so I hear. I think I might just be traitored-out!

Offline Salger

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2024, 02:14:10 pm »
Watched the first Aus series when it came out and enjoyed it. Started watching the second series immediately after the UK one and found the pacing too fast. Felt it didn't allow enough time to get to know characters (although the producers seem to have gone for a high twat ratio) or get a sense of group discussions. Might be judging it harshly against the UK version though and will stick with it.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: February 3, 2024, 08:33:18 pm »
Watched through to the end of the AUS series 2 - last episodes are great TV and there's a great conclusion to the final.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 3, 2024, 11:05:29 pm »
It’s worth sticking with the Aussie s2 just for the ending.

Spoiler
It was obvious to the viewers what would happen but that Sammy twat was so full of himself he couldn’t see it. Got what he deserved. Brilliant. Love Camille.
[close]

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 4, 2024, 10:20:38 am »
Spoiler
Loved the ending, Sam a prick until the very end. I do think it’s a bit of a cheat that the show keeps the money. I think it should have been split between the faithful. It’s a lesson for all future series to never end up with 3 traitors at the end.
[close]

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: February 4, 2024, 11:52:30 pm »
I wonder if to prevent it becoming predictable next season they have 2 groups of traitors that don't know about the other traitors. Be interesting to see the reaction when people are killed and not by them. Or maybe even have the traitors mot know who the others are and they have to work it out themselves

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: February 5, 2024, 09:44:58 pm »
It’s worth sticking with the Aussie s2 just for the ending.

Spoiler
It was obvious to the viewers what would happen but that Sammy twat was so full of himself he couldn’t see it. Got what he deserved. Brilliant. Love Camille.
[close]

Spoiler
Blake and Camille should have worked together to banish Sam before Sarah. Think they'd have trusted each other to then share.

Sam being the idiot that he is blaming Camille for not sharing and saying he should have banished her without realising he still wouldn't have got anything as both he and Blake stole.
[close]

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #316 on: February 10, 2024, 10:28:47 pm »
Just watched the end of Aussie s2. Utterly brilliant, though I was swearing at “The Dummies” all the way through. Nice editing, but you couldn’t script this stuff.

Spoiler
All hail Queen Camille!
[close]
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2024, 12:12:49 am »
Just watched the end of Aussie s2. Utterly brilliant, though I was swearing at “The Dummies” all the way through. Nice editing, but you couldn’t script this stuff.

Spoiler
All hail Queen Camille!
[close]
Spoiler
I skipped through and watched the last two. Fucking brilliant :lmao  Have that you nob head
[close]

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2024, 09:00:00 am »
Spoiler
Sarah (psychotherapist!) was the dumbest Traitor ever. She kept saying “I’m voting for Sam” then flipping her vote at the last minute.
[close]
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2024, 05:33:44 pm »
Just a few episodes into the Australian version. Initial thoughts are that you can appreciate how good Claudia Winkleman is, watching this.