Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1078818 times)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #440 on: July 4, 2022, 09:03:12 am »
Tbf Darwin is a boss name for a striker

Great natural shot selection. Highly evolved movement. Looks to be one of the fittest too. Perfectly adapted to life at Anfield.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #441 on: July 4, 2022, 02:48:46 pm »
Tbf Darwin is a boss name for a striker
A victory for fathers everywhere.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #442 on: July 5, 2022, 09:39:26 am »
+ Robbie Fowler on Darwin Nunez:

"I think we look at the player stats, how he brings others into the game, whether he can keep hold of the ball and bring others into it, whether he can score goals, whether he can roam behind, whether he can roam this side of the defence."

"I think one of Liverpool's problems, it sounds stupid because of everything, I've seen in the last couple of years. A lot of teams have played sort of sitting deep. Liverpool has played all the football in front of the defence."

"Now we've got a player obviously in Nunez who can come maybe this side of the defenders (play beyond the defenders). This should be obvious for a striker, but sometimes when you are this way, it makes the defenders want to roam backwards."

"It creates space for certain other players (in the middle) in these roles here. This has been played for years here, which obviously condenses the play. Nunez is a little bit of that player, he can play off the shoulder."

-- Yahoo Sport, Bettingexpert --
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: July 6, 2022, 10:56:13 am »
Darwin Nunez lands major award as he prepares to meet Liverpool team-mates

Liverpool new boy Darwin Nunez has been named the 2021/22 Primeira Liga Player of the Year after a super season with Benfica.

The 23-year-old scored an impressive 26 goals in 28 top-flight appearances as well as providing four assists for his team-mates. Despite Benfica ending the campaign 17 points behind title winners Porto, Nunez's individual efforts have been recognised with the award.

Luis Diaz could well have ended up with this accolade had he remained with Porto for the remainder of the season, having scored 14 goals and contributed five assists in 18 appearances prior to joining Liverpool during the January transfer window.

Nunez has now become the second successive Uruguayan player to be named the standout performer in the Portuguese top-flight, following in the footsteps of ex-Reds defender Sebastian Coates. The 31-year-old centre-back was part of a Sporting Lisbon side who conceded just 20 goals in 34 league outings and lost only one league fixture during the 2020/21 season, ending the club's 19-year title wait.

Excitement is now growing over Nunez as the new Premier League season edges closer - and even members of Jurgen Klopp's first-team Liverpool squad are eagerly awaiting the towering forward's first outing for the club. Discussing what he is expecting of Nunez, who made a potentially club record move from Benfica last month, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain told liverpoolfc.com : "I think obviously Darwin, we played against and saw him first hand and I think everything that we saw in those games… he reminded me a little bit of Luis [Diaz] when we played against him when he was at Porto.

"He’s that sort of a player that you know what you are going to get from – the athleticism, the speed, the strength, the power – and it was the same with him. I remember having to chase Luis back at Anfield at one point and he made me stick it into fifth gear and then try to find sixth to keep up with him! You sort of remember those things and when he walked through the door that was the first thing I remembered – don’t try to get in a race with him if I’m expecting to win!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/darwin-nunez-liverpool-award-breaking-24409692
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #444 on: July 6, 2022, 01:12:33 pm »
Darwin Nunez lands major award as he prepares to meet Liverpool team-mates

Liverpool new boy Darwin Nunez has been named the 2021/22 Primeira Liga Player of the Year after a super season with Benfica.

The 23-year-old scored an impressive 26 goals in 28 top-flight appearances as well as providing four assists for his team-mates. Despite Benfica ending the campaign 17 points behind title winners Porto, Nunez's individual efforts have been recognised with the award.

Luis Diaz could well have ended up with this accolade had he remained with Porto for the remainder of the season, having scored 14 goals and contributed five assists in 18 appearances prior to joining Liverpool during the January transfer window.

Nunez has now become the second successive Uruguayan player to be named the standout performer in the Portuguese top-flight, following in the footsteps of ex-Reds defender Sebastian Coates. The 31-year-old centre-back was part of a Sporting Lisbon side who conceded just 20 goals in 34 league outings and lost only one league fixture during the 2020/21 season, ending the club's 19-year title wait.

Excitement is now growing over Nunez as the new Premier League season edges closer - and even members of Jurgen Klopp's first-team Liverpool squad are eagerly awaiting the towering forward's first outing for the club. Discussing what he is expecting of Nunez, who made a potentially club record move from Benfica last month, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain told liverpoolfc.com : "I think obviously Darwin, we played against and saw him first hand and I think everything that we saw in those games… he reminded me a little bit of Luis [Diaz] when we played against him when he was at Porto.

"He’s that sort of a player that you know what you are going to get from – the athleticism, the speed, the strength, the power – and it was the same with him. I remember having to chase Luis back at Anfield at one point and he made me stick it into fifth gear and then try to find sixth to keep up with him! You sort of remember those things and when he walked through the door that was the first thing I remembered – don’t try to get in a race with him if I’m expecting to win!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/darwin-nunez-liverpool-award-breaking-24409692

Did it look like this?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #445 on: July 12, 2022, 07:00:21 pm »
I know it's social media and should largely be ignored but the amount of negativity surrounding this guy at the moment is insane. The while country is desperate for him to fail, including some of our own fans it seems, so they can be proved right. Sad.

I never pay any attention to pre-season really but would be great if he can bag a few soon to lift the pressure he must be feeling.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2022, 07:03:00 pm »
What pressure? He's been with the lads for three days and had 2 training sessions one of which was cut short due to blisters on his feet.  ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #447 on: July 12, 2022, 07:08:46 pm »
What pressure? He's been with the lads for three days and had 2 training sessions one of which was cut short due to blisters on his feet.  ;D

He fucking hasn't done anything, he's been on the pitch for 30 min and didn't score a hattrick, didn't win a trophy and cost the budget of a small country. What the fuck is wrong with us? He's not a winner, he's a loser.

LFC fans know.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2022, 07:11:35 pm »

It's going to be the media narrative until he starts scoring regularly.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2022, 07:21:22 pm »
Was expecting 7-8 goals from him already

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2022, 07:41:47 pm »
maybe we should send him to Westbrom for a season long loan so he can adapt to the culture.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #451 on: July 12, 2022, 08:20:23 pm »
I know it's social media and should largely be ignored
Corrected  :wave

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #452 on: July 12, 2022, 08:23:10 pm »
Now we know he's officially a flop, I just hope we've got enough time left in the transfer window to bring someone decent in.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2022, 08:25:16 pm »
Is it time for the mods to change the title to Fuck off Darwin "Sean Dundee" Nüñez !!! ?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2022, 08:32:32 pm »
I know it's social media and should largely be ignored but the amount of negativity surrounding this guy at the moment is insane. The while country is desperate for him to fail, including some of our own fans it seems, so they can be proved right. Sad.

I never pay any attention to pre-season really but would be great if he can bag a few soon to lift the pressure he must be feeling.

Your first mistake was the first 4 words of this post. Never listen to social media.

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: July 12, 2022, 09:55:52 pm »
Heard hes off to Dortmund plus cash for Bellingham.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2022, 10:28:29 pm »
He showed enough spurts to show how useful he will be here, love the way he's always on the last defenders shoulder, gave the United defence some nervous moments. I also love the way he finds so much space, once he gets used to the players around him, he'll be very enjoyable to watch.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2022, 11:16:22 pm »

Liverpool Twitter is dire at the moment. Every day I'm seeing our own players getting stick. Saw some mocking Harvey Elliott setting himself a target of 15-20 goals next season, said something like "man won't even get 5 games". Which is a weird angle. Also, the most popular tweet of Nunez in training that did the rounds was posted by a Liverpool account. I don't even follow these people, Twitter have been throwing them in my face recently.

But yeah, we have some absolute wankers who have made fan accounts for our club online.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #458 on: July 12, 2022, 11:30:48 pm »
Social media is like a toilet wall in the 80s. Bunch of crap written on it, some makes you laugh, but mostly it’s fucking nonsense written by drunk or sober lunatics.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #459 on: July 12, 2022, 11:37:03 pm »
Lol at the idea that there's pressure on him, or that he is feeling pressure or that he needs to bag some goals quickly to end the pressure he is feeling.

I mean just look at him. He's a fucking Adonis with the world at his feet, who has just joined the best club in the world with a manager universally known and lauded for not putting pressure on his players, esp when they have only been here five minutes.

It's not he who is feeling the pressure, I suspect.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 11:39:46 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #460 on: July 12, 2022, 11:39:39 pm »
Liverpool Twitter is dire at the moment. Every day I'm seeing our own players getting stick. Saw some mocking Harvey Elliott setting himself a target of 15-20 goals next season, said something like "man won't even get 5 games". Which is a weird angle. Also, the most popular tweet of Nunez in training that did the rounds was posted by a Liverpool account. I don't even follow these people, Twitter have been throwing them in my face recently.

But yeah, we have some absolute wankers who have made fan accounts for our club online.
It’s 12 year olds can’t be engaging with them football avi guys

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2022, 12:25:27 am »
Didn’t even score in the warm up, he’s shyte. 

Let’s see if Palace will do a swap plus cash for Benteke before it’s too late.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2022, 01:03:48 am »
Is he under the 14-day returns period? Do Benfica take returns for faulty products?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2022, 01:30:05 am »
It’s 12 year olds can’t be engaging with them football avi guys

When I was that age kids played FIFA and PES instead. Sad turn of events if they're already on Twitter dammit.
Linudden.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2022, 09:05:09 am »
Lol at the idea that there's pressure on him, or that he is feeling pressure or that he needs to bag some goals quickly to end the pressure he is feeling.

I mean just look at him. He's a fucking Adonis with the world at his feet, who has just joined the best club in the world with a manager universally known and lauded for not putting pressure on his players, esp when they have only been here five minutes.

It's not he who is feeling the pressure, I suspect.

Nah you know what the media and the absolute gobshite element of our fan base is like, it'll be nothing but Nunez can't do this Nunez can't do that, any twitter posts he makes will be replied to with pure toxicity and what Haaland, the human rights abuse hypocrite, has done. If he can get off to a good start, then at least we don't, but more importantly him, have to hear the drivel. The absolute wham chatted about Crouch in 06 was bad enough.

Plus, as some one who has suffered from mental health issues in the past (some would say I still do), I know it's amazing how things can quickly drag you down, no matter how much support you get, how confident you start out and how great your life is. I'd just rather a young lad wasn't subjected to the shite that will come.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2022, 09:33:29 am »
He's been with the squad for 3 days and there is pressure on him to score in a commercial tour or face the consequences of a slump?

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2022, 10:05:59 am »
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of shite will be written if he fails to hit the ground running.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2022, 10:11:06 am »
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of shite will be written if he fails to hit the ground running.

But why is the pressure on now? Nevermind running he hasn't even hit the ground yet.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2022, 10:15:48 am »
But why is the pressure on now? Nevermind running he hasn't even hit the ground yet.

That's the state of the world due to wankstains on twatter and the media, especially when they will continually highlight the entire fee. There will be references to him costing more than Haaland, even though we all know that deal is in the hundreds of millions in reality.

Us sensible people know he may take time to settle, Klopp says he will, so we will give him all the time he needs. For me, Jota, Diaz and Salah are the ones who carry the goalscoring burden for the first few months.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2022, 10:20:07 am »
The dumbed down and entitled society that we have nowadays is truly appalling to comprehend and social media epitomises it more than anything else.

Shame as there are also some very agreeable people on there, but overall, it's a cesspit best avoided.

As they saying goes, "Can't cure stupid"
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2022, 10:21:09 am »
That's the state of the world due to wankstains on twatter and the media, especially when they will continually highlight the entire fee. There will be references to him costing more than Haaland, even though we all know that deal is in the hundreds of millions in reality.

Us sensible people know he may take time to settle, Klopp says he will, so we will give him all the time he needs. For me, Jota, Diaz and Salah are the ones who carry the goalscoring burden for the first few months.
Been said before and I'll say it again: Christ only knows what most would have made of Ian Rush nowadays...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2022, 10:22:34 am »

I see him as possibly being a bit like Robbo - playing and doing really well, just not exactly what we want him to do for the first few months until the tactics click. So I can see him scoring a fair bit, playing a bit, but not really kicking on until about late September maybe.

Or maybe he will do a Mo and be brilliant from day dot.

But it's hard to make any conclusion or apply any pressure of expectations right now when he is literally on day 4 with the squad, and perhaps 2 training sessions down.

Unless you are a fucking child or a moron (which is 80% of Twitter tbf)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2022, 10:23:09 am »
Been said before and I'll say it again: Christ only knows what most would have made of Ian Rush nowadays...

They'd have hounded him that much that when Bob told him he needed to buck his ideas up he'd have likely folded and walked away.

I also remember when Kenny went something mad like 3 months without scoring, they'd have been screaming for him to be sold.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2022, 10:33:11 am »
Can’t think of a forward Klopp has signed that has failed.

Therefore can’t see how Charles Darwin Nunez isn’t Ronaldo (the good one) 2.0
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2022, 11:07:01 am »
I know it's social media and should largely be ignored

Should have just left it there mate.

I was having a chuckle yesterday after the game, social media from all fans claiming LiVARpool exposed, this is what happens when you lose Mane, Man Utd are back etc etc, SportBible were celebrating the start of the ETH period etc etc... Social Media is knee jerk central and should ALWAYS be ignored for serious takes because most people talking football on there have about 12IQ

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2022, 11:09:40 am »
I can understand United fans twit-shitting on Nunez, pouring that sweet, rare drop of schadenfreude down their desperately dry throats. I know why they are milking the moment dry beyond all reason. He mised a sitter ha ha, get your gloats before actual football starts and reality sinks in. Missed a sitter ha ha, have we signed anyone yet. Missed a sitter ha ha how many years since we won anything now.

But Liverpool fans piling on?
Just go and jump off a building you ingrateful and spoiled children.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2022, 11:21:36 am »
Can’t think of a forward Klopp has signed that has failed.

Immobile.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2022, 11:29:02 am »
Anyone who has been around long enough should know this is nothing new.

He's come with a big fee and for the general football fan they see him as a Mane replacement. All we need to do is give him the time he needs to learn the league and trust the boss to get the best out of him.. our track record in the last few years has been pretty good so no reason to believe it'll be anything else.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2022, 11:31:00 am »
I can understand United fans twit-shitting on Nunez, pouring that sweet, rare drop of schadenfreude down their desperately dry throats. I know why they are milking the moment dry beyond all reason. He mised a sitter ha ha, get your gloats before actual football starts and reality sinks in. Missed a sitter ha ha, have we signed anyone yet. Missed a sitter ha ha how many years since we won anything now.

But Liverpool fans piling on?
Just go and jump off a building you ingrateful and spoiled children.

"Liverpool fans"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2022, 11:41:35 am »
Immobile.

Should have known from the name alone.