Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1078925 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #560 on: July 15, 2022, 07:29:34 pm »
If Núñez grabs a brace at Craven Cottage on August 7, no-one will remember pre-season anyway.
Linudden.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: July 15, 2022, 07:51:14 pm »
Actually thought he showed some good stuff today, I’m baffled by the criticism. Looks like he’s already developed a good link with Mo, they were combining nicely early on and he was getting into some good positions and making good runs but the pass to him was poor each time and to the wrong side.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #562 on: July 15, 2022, 08:28:28 pm »
Actually thought he showed some good stuff today, I’m baffled by the criticism. Looks like he’s already developed a good link with Mo, they were combining nicely early on and he was getting into some good positions and making good runs but the pass to him was poor each time and to the wrong side.

Thought he was good. A bit of a pest on the shoulder of the last defender. Brilliant in the air, probably the best in the frontline we have seen for ages. Showed good pace too. The touch is rusty and the positioning and passing need work, but that takes time and he's not even been a week with the squad yet. The upcoming training camp is where he'll get to work on those. I see no reason to be worried. If anything, I think he's trying too hard to impress when he needs to be a little more comfortable/natural and play his game. That will come.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2022, 08:33:18 pm »
It's nailed on that he hasn't scored after Palace and everyone's creaming themselves about him being a flop.

And then he scores a hat trick at Old Trafford.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2022, 08:36:45 pm »
Hes shit HOT!!!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #565 on: July 15, 2022, 08:38:32 pm »
Andy Carroll is trending again on Twitter. He gets himself into good areas to get all these chances. He’s going to score 20+ this season for sure

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #566 on: July 15, 2022, 08:40:14 pm »
If Núñez grabs a brace at Craven Cottage on August 7, no-one will remember pre-season anyway.

Exactly, Aspas had a great pre season and scored loads and look what happened to him at our club. Pre season doesn’t mean much at all..not like he’s had very much match time yet

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #567 on: July 15, 2022, 08:51:07 pm »
You lot are watching footy in the summer? I’m loving the break personally. Don’t know how those of you on social media keep sane with all the trash being spouted. I’ve heard there’s a load of fuss about Darwin’s form. I genuinely don’t give a fuck, none of these games mean anything unless you’re a 14 year old trolling on Twitter.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: July 15, 2022, 08:53:53 pm »
Fans and pundits can be really dumb. Remember all the shit that was levelled at Thiago for most of his first season, changes nothing in his game, we win more matches and suddenly he's in the team of the year.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #569 on: July 15, 2022, 08:54:11 pm »
Andy Carroll is trending again on Twitter. He gets himself into good areas to get all these chances. He’s going to score 20+ this season for sure

I’m more worried that opposition fans are watching our pre season friendlies than Nunez settling in straight away.

I couldn’t even tell you who any other team has played.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #570 on: July 15, 2022, 09:16:55 pm »
ive seen enough to think he will fit it fine and go on and be a brill purchase  hes had a few days training with a team he dont know let alone a set up completely different to the one hes used to ... he will pick up more in Austria at the training camp when klopp and the coaches along with his new teamates will guilde in into the set up more ...... we all know how fickle todays fans are they are the type that will wear a shirt of another team in a heartbeat when things are not right ... ie not real fans  just like the city fans who are oh lets support them they are winning lol ....

pre season games like the last 2 mean nothing what happens after the training camp is what matters and lets not forget its not just us who need to adjust the rest will have to as well ... by a couple games in i think he will be firing on all cylinders ..

also im not sure being a pro and having blisters cant be very conferrable not that i would know the only football i ever played was 5 a side as being a 6ft4 tall gut at 19 stone i played rugby and never 80mins lol so how unconformable must that be 

ps just remember no question is too stupid and not everybody knows everything
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #571 on: July 15, 2022, 09:32:40 pm »
You lot are watching footy in the summer? I’m loving the break personally. Don’t know how those of you on social media keep sane with all the trash being spouted. I’ve heard there’s a load of fuss about Darwin’s form. I genuinely don’t give a fuck, none of these games mean anything unless you’re a 14 year old trolling on Twitter.
Not watched a single game yet ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2022, 09:35:13 pm »

I thnik this heat is getting to me mate but I agree with ya.

Fuck knows who the other teams are playing in pre season but it seems like everyone knows who we are playing.  ;D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2022, 09:54:05 pm »
I thought it was a solid cameo, he got into plenty of shooting positions and hammered a few on target. Seems like a lot of the first teamers are burned out from those double training sessions, hence only getting 30 mins in each game.

We'll see something closer to his real level in a couple of weeks maybe.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: July 15, 2022, 09:58:43 pm »

This 1000x

Why the hell are his performances from pre-season even being analysed?! We've now reached a point in where a new signing is being judged before the real football kicks in? Social media and to be fair the age of the internet really does my head in at times.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2022, 10:08:03 pm »
I thnik this heat is getting to me mate but I agree with ya.

Fuck knows who the other teams are playing in pre season but it seems like everyone knows who we are playing.  ;D

We've got rival fans watching our preseason games just to try and make fun of Nunez. Mental stuff. We're massive. He should see it as a compliment but him reacting on twitter will make it even worse.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2022, 10:08:16 pm »
I like the break too. To be honest, I didn't even know we had a training session today until the result popped up on my phone.

I saw the insanity after the training session with the Mancs, so I assume there is similar today because Nunez is yet to score?

It's utterly ridiculous. All that matters is he's settling in, getting to know his squadmates, getting to know our system and is building up his fitness in preparation for when the season starts.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 10:12:27 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2022, 10:08:33 pm »
Hasn’t even played 90 minutes in total and the grief has been enough for him to tweet about it. The most staggering thing is how much viewership our pre-season games are getting.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2022, 10:10:20 pm »
We've got rival fans watching our preseason games just to try and make fun of Nunez. Mental stuff. We're massive. He should see it as a compliment but him reacting on twitter will make it even worse.
:lmao

Much humble pie will be consumed this coming season.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: July 15, 2022, 10:11:09 pm »
Hasn’t even played 90 minutes in total and the grief has been enough for him to tweet about it. The most staggering thing is how much viewership our pre-season games are getting.

I'm not on Twitter. What did he say?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: July 15, 2022, 10:14:23 pm »
Basically a shush emoji.  :D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #581 on: July 15, 2022, 10:19:03 pm »
Not watched a single game yet ;D

I’ve watched bits and pieces, mainly to see how the youngsters are getting on.

And jinxed it today watching the last ten minutes of the first half and poor, unlucky AOC limped off. Hope it’s nothing serious.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2022, 10:22:20 pm »
Basically a shush emoji.  :D
Thanks Samie.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2022, 10:39:06 pm »
hahaha what on earth is this about criticism, during a training session. I miss the days where you had to look bloody hard to find out the result of a pre season game, the first glimpse you got of new signings was in the charity shield and you didn't see the league table until after about 10 games in.
It's the way of the world I know but it's amusing how everyone dissects every touch and make stupid "can they win the league" radio phone in's after a shit team gets off to a good start after 5 games.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2022, 11:13:12 pm »
Just small minded rival fans trolling which is normal and like usual at the end we will laugh at them.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2022, 11:37:51 pm »
Just small minded rival fans trolling which is normal and like usual at the end we will laugh at them.

Honestly i dont think a lot of them understand how football works these days since when has not scoring in a couple of friendly games ever counted for anything 
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #586 on: July 16, 2022, 12:16:54 am »
Honestly i dont think a lot of them understand how football works these days since when has not scoring in a couple of friendly games ever counted for anything 

We should have arranged a game against some Austrian farmers for Núñez' first game like Everton did a few years ago. Cenk Tosun bagged 4 for them in a 22-0 win and that worked out well for them.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #587 on: July 16, 2022, 02:42:10 am »
What's that got to do with Mexico?
Apparently they speak Uraguayan in Mexico
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: July 16, 2022, 04:02:21 am »
Loving his passion! He looks so frustrated when a move doesn’t pull off for him. That’s the fire he needs!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: July 16, 2022, 06:29:10 am »
Hes shit HOT!!!
it's a shame he is still here after 60 minutes drought

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: July 16, 2022, 06:32:57 am »

Even Klopp is laughing at his "skills"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: July 16, 2022, 07:39:55 am »
no-one will remember pre-season anyway.
Unless a major injury occurs I tend not to think of any pre seasons.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: July 16, 2022, 07:44:00 am »
Unless a major injury occurs I tend not to think of any pre seasons.
I remember the pre-season Klopp brought Dortmund over and he was clearly entranced by Anfield. I thought, 'he's probably going to be romantic enough to pick us over all the other destinations he'll be offered...'

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: July 16, 2022, 08:18:49 am »
For his sake he should leave the internet for a bit. He’s clearly read stuff to be posting “resilencia” with a shushing emoji. Don’t get how it’d be helpful for him at this time but eh, I’m not a life coach.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: July 16, 2022, 08:20:54 am »

I remember a Liverpool fan once complained about Torres' penalty record being rubbish for us, based on him missing one in a pre-season friendly.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: July 16, 2022, 08:24:39 am »
I remember the pre-season Klopp brought Dortmund over and he was clearly entranced by Anfield. I thought, 'he's probably going to be romantic enough to pick us over all the other destinations he'll be offered...'

Nice. I remember Grujic scoring a wonder header in 4-0 pre-season victory over Barcelona and afterwards I thought, what a header, hope he carries that kind of thing on in games that actually matter.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: July 16, 2022, 08:43:05 am »
Has there been any criticism of him? I thought he looked overly keen to impress and a few touches/passes/presses/tackles suffered as a result - BUT - this is just an observation, from 20 minutes of watching the lad for the first time in a red shirt. It's not saying 'he's gonna be crap, can't pass, tackle, press, control the ball'. No implication to it, no long term judgment, no writing off of a player. Simply, in that game, in those moments, that's what it looked like. Maybe a further qualification of 'as to be expected from a 22 yr old lad playing his first few minutes for a massive club, after a big money move, whilst clearly wanting to impress his new team mates, manager and fans' should have followed, but I'm watching a stream on my phone whilst pretending to participate in a work meeting ;D.

Saw other posts along same lines and then a few people saying that i/we had clearly been influenced by all the social media banter accounts etc. Think people need to calm down and read the posts at face value.

The lads been signed for 6 years. Not 60 minutes of a pre-season tour. He'll be fine.

Still think he'll be used sparingly in the first few months though, along lines of Fab/Robbo. Again, not because he's shite, but because we're brilliant already and our approach - shape, press, triggers, patterns etc have evolved over 6 years and will take time to adapt to, usually. Especially as its been a while since we've regularly lined up with a legit central 9.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:45:33 am by wige »

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: July 16, 2022, 08:50:08 am »
Once we sort his asthma out he’ll be fine  ;)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2022, 08:53:41 am »
Nunez won't be used sparingly at the start of the coming season, we don't have the numbers to allow that with Jota being injured.  I didn't watch yesterday because these matches are a bit of a farce, just a money-making exercise.  Proper pre-season starts when the club goes to Austria in my opinion, most of the work gets done at these training camps away from prying eyes, things step up then and we start playing a more settled XI.

Nunez will be fine.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2022, 09:09:21 am »
I'm going to be so unbearable to people when he starts scoring.