Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 352586 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Chelsea FC - the Prodigal Messiah Returns
« Reply #29960 on: June 19, 2023, 04:07:21 pm »
It's impossible for these clubs to fail now. A bad season maybe but they can spend what they like and can always be bailed out for their bad decisions.

The Saudis seem more keen on Chelsea than Newcastle .
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29961 on: June 19, 2023, 04:46:05 pm »
It's impossible for these clubs to fail now. A bad season maybe but they can spend what they like and can always be bailed out for their bad decisions.

The Saudis seem more keen on Chelsea than Newcastle .

They've got the bigger global pull, plus they're in London too.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29962 on: June 19, 2023, 05:25:27 pm »
What the success of Abu Dhabi has shown the Saudis is that in the flesh fans may not actually be important. The Saudi state has just bought four of the top league teams and they (and others) have set their sights on plundering the top leagues. With enough top players they can just televise their star league and provide inflated income for their affiliated clubs abroad. They will have successfully broken the old status quo.
Wait until it's called the Aramco Premier League.

And Monday Night Football is Saudia MNF, or the NEOM FA Cup.

They tried to buy F1 in the new year. Liberty Media paid £4.4 billion for it from Ecclestone, PIF offered £20 billion.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29963 on: June 19, 2023, 06:41:08 pm »

He hasn't done or said anything in all the time I've paid attention to him that would lead me to believe he'd ever chase the money & tarnish his reputation.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772423-mohamed-salah-to-be-rewarded-by-saudi-arabia-with-piece-of-land-in-mecca

He's a famous Arab Muslim.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29964 on: June 19, 2023, 07:08:46 pm »
Wow I never knew that he was a Muslim.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29965 on: June 19, 2023, 07:09:50 pm »
Wow I never knew that he was a Muslim.
Neither did I know he was Arab 8)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29966 on: June 19, 2023, 09:58:43 pm »
I think we're potentially staring right down the barrel of saudi aim of owning the entire premier league, in the same way as they have done with golf. Or certainly owning enough of it that they form an effective majority. The actual 'sport' side of football is an irrelevance now. One dark day follows another.

Ever since the golf merger, I've felt this is the end game for Saudi Arabia. Eventually they'll either control the PL, or their own league will be the new PL/Super League. Their money (as well as the other gulf states') has completely destroyed the competitive balance of the sport at the top level and made it feel meaningless and irrelevant. This latest thing with Chelsea is just the final straw. The whole thing is just rigged, financially-doped bullshit now.

I've been splitting a subscription with a friend, but the last while I've only kept it up to not leave him in the lurch. I've told him now though that I'll give him til december to find someone else to split it with, but after that, I'm out. Will not pay for this "sport" anymore, aside from maybe an LFC TV subscription. Only want my money to go directly to the club I care about from now on.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #29967 on: June 20, 2023, 12:29:55 pm »
Christopher Nkunku: Chelsea sign RB Leipzig striker for £52m

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29968 on: June 20, 2023, 01:30:26 pm »
doesn't state, that I could see, how many decades he signed up for.

absolute rancid club, even city try and cheat behind the scenes with creative accountancy. these wankers just do it in full view, "loophole mate".
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29969 on: June 20, 2023, 02:03:23 pm »
doesn't state, that I could see, how many decades he signed up for.

absolute rancid club, even city try and cheat behind the scenes with creative accountancy. these wankers just do it in full view, "loophole mate".
Aided and abetted by our government.  Abramovich was still blurting cash almost right to the end with the signing of Lukaku for a club record.  When most clubs were adjusting their budgets because of the pandemic Chelsea spent over £200m during that summer transfer window.

All that amassed debt was simply wiped away with no inconvenience to Chelsea and Boehly was able to supercharge the spending with £500m spent in his first season.  It's looking like being another few hundred £m this season.

They are Teflon when it comes to ever facing any consequences for their actions.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29970 on: June 20, 2023, 03:01:47 pm »
Christopher Nkunku: Chelsea sign RB Leipzig striker for £52m

They obviously have no plan at all ...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #29971 on: June 20, 2023, 03:10:50 pm »
Aided and abetted by our government.  Abramovich was still blurting cash almost right to the end with the signing of Lukaku for a club record.  When most clubs were adjusting their budgets because of the pandemic Chelsea spent over £200m during that summer transfer window.

All that amassed debt was simply wiped away with no inconvenience to Chelsea and Boehly was able to supercharge the spending with £500m spent in his first season.  It's looking like being another few hundred £m this season.

They are Teflon when it comes to ever facing any consequences for their actions.

Chelsea always land on their feet. Said they would when people had them down as sliding down the leagues when Roman was fucked off.

They still self-destruct and have shit seasons here and there but they play in cheat mode just like Man City and can write off their mistakes. We're still struggling over Ox and Keita not working out 5-6 years ago. The midfield went to pot as a result.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #29972 on: June 20, 2023, 04:08:19 pm »
Chelsea are probably not even owned by that Boehly he's probably just a front would it really surprise anyone
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #29973 on: June 20, 2023, 04:13:53 pm »
Frank was hired to ensure any managerial appointment (and I mean any) would look good.

8th place will be an improvement and 'progress'
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #29974 on: June 20, 2023, 10:05:00 pm »

'Proceeds of Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea sale stuck in “bureaucratic quagmire” with aid agencies furious with UK government’s handling of “desperately needed funds”' - https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1671175394383257600

'Proceeds of Chelsea Sale Have Yet to Reach Any Ukraine War Victims'

A $3.1 billion fund was established when Roman Abramovich was forced to sell the club, but the fund’s head says a “bureaucratic quagmire” has kept the money frozen.

www.nytimes.com/2023/06/20/sports/soccer/chelsea-sale-ukraine.html - or in full, for free, here - https://archive.is/huX0b

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29975 on: June 20, 2023, 10:51:43 pm »
Can't say I'm surprised

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #29976 on: June 21, 2023, 05:03:51 am »
I said on here just before sanctions were imposed that they wouldn't make any difference to the running (ownership) of Chelsea. A few weeks later this would have seemed like a stupid thing to have said, yet here we are.

I admit I was surprised when the government stepped in and prevented the original structuring of the sale and the way the funds were going to be distributed through a secretly owned offshore account. I'm not in the least surprised it was restructured in a way that still has the funds tied up. I think it will get even more murky when the funds are actually released, but the war might be over by then and the sanctions lifted. As for the ownership and behaviour at Chelsea, well they are still spending like there's no tomorrow whilst pulling off miracles on the sales side. Just like before. Saudi own a chunk of Chelsea. Saudi has been helping Russian oligarchs, even Jewish ones, hide money. Saudi have an unbelievably say over the British government.

As I said at the start of this charade, anyone who thought sanctions were going to change anything at Chelsea were sadly deluded.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29977 on: June 21, 2023, 10:01:51 am »
'Proceeds of Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea sale stuck in “bureaucratic quagmire” with aid agencies furious with UK government’s handling of “desperately needed funds”' - https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1671175394383257600

Maybe this is cynical, even for me, but I could believe the government tying the money in knots such that it can eventually be returned to Abramovich after the war.  The generous interpretation of that would be it's a lever to encourage Abramovich to get in Putin's ear.  My interpretation, based on the grubby lot we have in power, is that there'll be various kick-backs should the money be returned to Abramovich.

Chelsea are just a stain.  Them selling their homegrown poster boy in Mount to fund yet more wild spending would be fitting.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29978 on: June 21, 2023, 10:28:27 am »
This whole thing needs to be investigated and stopped. In the last few days, clubs in Saudi Arabia look like they are going to be paying over the odds for the following Chelsea players:

Mendy, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi, Koulibaly and Lukaku. With Kante already going over there

They'll bring in between £100-150m for those players and they'll fly through any FFP worries and continue to spend and spend and spend. PIF are obviously behind them with their investment into Clearlake. This game is dead, I think I'm gonna fuck it off and go and watch Prescot Cables every week

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #29979 on: June 21, 2023, 10:37:32 am »
They need a clearout, they are having a serious one too

Mendy, Kante and I think Koulibaly are gone to Saudi Arabia with rumours Aubemeyang, Ziyech and Hudson Odoi are going there.

Kovacic joining City today. Mount and Gallagher linked with moves too

Definitely the Saudis balancing their books for them
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29980 on: June 21, 2023, 10:41:00 am »
All players that they would ordinarily struggle to move on as well given the wages that they are on. It stinks.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29981 on: June 21, 2023, 10:43:25 am »
And people wondered why they were throwing millions around like it was nothing  ;D

When you have unlimited amounts of cash, it's easy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 10:45:23 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29982 on: June 21, 2023, 10:44:47 am »
The whole thing is scandalous and I'm surprised there isn't more of a furore surrounding it. There's absolutely nothing normal about a club shipping 6 or 7 players to Saudi.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #29983 on: June 21, 2023, 10:49:28 am »
The whole thing is scandalous and I'm surprised there isn't more of a furore surrounding it. There's absolutely nothing normal about a club shipping 6 or 7 players to Saudi.

Even more-so when it’s a club that HAVE to sell to balance the very public over spending they did, so every club know the players need to go and can get some good deals.

But they are all being sold at/above market value to Saudi.

Stinks.

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #29984 on: June 21, 2023, 10:58:20 am »
Man United will also go the same way once the Qatari acquisition is completed. players will be sold to the Qatari league once their expiry date is done and books will always remain balanced.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #29985 on: June 21, 2023, 11:06:37 am »
Man United will also go the same way once the Qatari acquisition is completed. players will be sold to the Qatari league once their expiry date is done and books will always remain balanced.

If the Qataris DO get MUFC - it will be time for me to switch off - I'll go and watch non-league or something.

It's frustrating that nobody seems to care.  :(

(Not 'nobody' of course, but very few - and fewer still in the media).
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #29986 on: June 21, 2023, 11:14:03 am »
Aubameyang to Saudi is the most inevitable deal imaginable.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #29987 on: June 21, 2023, 11:56:44 am »
If the Qataris DO get MUFC - it will be time for me to switch off - I'll go and watch non-league or something.

It's frustrating that nobody seems to care.  :(

(Not 'nobody' of course, but very few - and fewer still in the media).
I'm already preparing to go and watch Tranmere.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #29988 on: June 21, 2023, 12:23:44 pm »

Why? The Qatar offer is lower than the Radcliffe one, makes no sense that they will go with the cheaper one when they are greedy twats.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29989 on: June 21, 2023, 12:24:31 pm »
I'm already preparing to go and watch Tranmere.

:thumbup

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #29990 on: June 21, 2023, 12:41:19 pm »
why do you think, Qataries are given multiple opportunities to revise their offer, we dont even know like Chelsea, Glazers might work out a similar arrangement which works out for both the parties unlike what will work out with Radcliffe.

Why? The Qatar offer is lower than the Radcliffe one, makes no sense that they will go with the cheaper one when they are greedy twats.
[/quote]

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #29991 on: June 21, 2023, 12:46:44 pm »
remember a quote a famous serial in Netflix, Fauda. when Eli(one of the characters, who is a Israeli but knows Arabic) comes back to after a stint in England, Doran(another character) says, so you did not have to learn English as 50% of England are Arabs.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29992 on: June 21, 2023, 12:47:36 pm »
Hahaha I see Neville wants these transfers stopped to ensure the leagues "intergrity", absolutely shameless this guy.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #29993 on: June 21, 2023, 12:48:18 pm »
why do you think, Qataries are given multiple opportunities to revise their offer, we dont even know like Chelsea, Glazers might work out a similar arrangement which works out for both the parties unlike what will work out with Radcliffe.

It's been said for a while by journalists following it they no nearer to taking them over than they were six months ago.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29994 on: June 21, 2023, 12:50:08 pm »
remember a quote a famous serial in Netflix, Fauda. when Eli(one of the characters, who is a Israeli but knows Arabic) comes back to after a stint in England, Doran(another character) says, so you did not have to learn English as 50% of England are Arabs.

Do you work for Fox News?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29995 on: June 21, 2023, 01:01:05 pm »

WTF? ???

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29996 on: June 21, 2023, 01:03:52 pm »
Aubameyang to Saudi is the most inevitable deal imaginable.

he will be able to pay to fix that weird as hell hairline now

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29997 on: June 21, 2023, 01:07:44 pm »

I'd expect that from a Chelsea fan. Are you a Chelsea fan?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29998 on: June 21, 2023, 01:23:00 pm »
Just shows what kinda personality chelsea signed. those will easily move to retirement league for the money.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29999 on: June 21, 2023, 02:39:52 pm »
Just shows what kinda personality chelsea signed. those will easily move to retirement league for the money.

To think people rated Koulibaly as one of the best in the world at one point, now quitting competitive football after one bomb of a season. Awful mentality.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."