Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 587421 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
You need to slow down. Read the posts back. This is factually incorrect Jill.

How on earth would I know what Klopp's thinking or feeling?! ;D

You're right that it's a pointless conversation if it's going to continue along the current lines of you and Nick making up things that I've not said, in order to have a dig at me for things I've not said. Just slow down, and don't waste energy making pointless (and wrong) assumptions about what people are saying out of thin air

It's exactly what this thread is about people making assumptions, and that is done by a number of people. No one has ever said that mistakes are not made, but only those in the inner circle at the club itself know for sure which ones of those are.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Be careful what you say. They are clearly more superior than us by talking in riddles.
yeah burn the witch!

it's not hard Nick - if you have to ask 'what point are you making', after you've literally already had a go at that person for reasons you admit you don't know, then maybe you just need to calm down a bit

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
yeah burn the witch!

it's not hard Nick - if you have to ask 'what point are you making', after you've literally already had a go at that person for reasons you admit you don't know, then maybe you just need to calm down a bit

I am perfectly calm though.

I don’t even think you know what point you making now as you have tied yourself up in knots.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Fun convo...

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fun convo...

Was more fun trying to decide if you were too old or blind to wear Szobos clothes.p, especially those spaghetti treads.

Smash or Pass

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He wouldn't have even travelled in my world

Would be genuinely interested to see one example of a club captain not travelling on the first leg of a euro away knockout match unless they’re injured.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Footballers have to play football. Footballers can get injured.

This was a knock out game away in a competition we can win.

Did people expect us to play the U18s?

Bizzarely, yes, despite the absolutely massive body of evidence to the contrary we seem to have this conversation every time a match like this comes up.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I don’t even get the crying about when a player should be taken off or might be taken off. It’s so weird.

What does it matter? If Virgil came on at the start of the 2nd half, he could have twisted his ankle in the first 30 seconds, what happens then - everyone cries about WHY did the manager bring Virgil on in a game they where winning reasonably comfortably at the time..

Ibou could have played 0 mins last night, but still be on the end of a bad tackle in the first few mins of the match at the weekend, and be out for the rest of the season.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t even get the crying about when a player should be taken off or might be taken off. It’s so weird.

What does it matter? If Virgil came on at the start of the 2nd half, he could have twisted his ankle in the first 30 seconds, what happens then - everyone cries about WHY did the manager bring Virgil on in a game they where winning reasonably comfortably at the time..

Ibou could have played 0 mins last night, but still be on the end of a bad tackle in the first few mins of the match at the weekend, and be out for the rest of the season.

Exactly.  :D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was more fun trying to decide if you were too old or blind to wear Szobos clothes.p, especially those spaghetti treads.

Smash or Pass

while shocking, it's worlds better than that awful camo one - plus the shoes look decent, and non-medicinal

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan

Exactly.

The plan last night was quite clearly to turn 4 games (2 vs Prague, City, United away) before the international break into 3 by comfortably winning, which worked.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I think that T-shirt is fake.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Exactly.

The plan last night was quite clearly to turn 4 games (2 vs Prague, City, United away) before the international break into 3 by comfortably winning, which worked.

They would have worked out for each player how many minutes they could risk. I think Gomez has played a lot recently which is why it made sense to bring him off first, but I'm sure Konate would have followed shortly after that, which is why it was unlucky it happened when it did.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Would be genuinely interested to see one example of a club captain not travelling on the first leg of a euro away knockout match unless they’re injured.

Give me an example of a top club in the Europa league vs a far inferior club (with a second leg to come) with the number of injuries we had/have and the critical game in the league 72 hours late with your opponent in it with extra rest … and we’ve got a comp.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Give me an example of a top club in the Europa league vs a far inferior club (with a second leg to come) with the number of injuries we had/have and the critical game in the league 72 hours late with your opponent in it with extra rest … and we’ve got a comp.

Maybe the Manager wanted rhythm.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
At the end of the day, he's the one that'll lift it if we win. Of course, he'll travel for an away game in the knockout stage.

We're favourites for the Europa League but we need to respect the competition.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan

I mean you’ve just taken a specific scenario which is incredibly rare and asked me to replicate it.

Last year Barcelona, who win the title, go away to Man United at the same stage and they’re pretty much full strength.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I mean you’ve just taken a specific scenario which is incredibly rare and asked me to replicate it.

That’s the point I’m making - there’s no equivalent for our situation

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can someone please help Dom? He's hurting my head.

His picnic table / checker board outfits suck.

I get that his GF broke up with him in the last 6 months (boy it will be interesting to see if she is marrying up??) - but this is no reason to subject us to this horrific attire.

I feel like I'm injured.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can you explain these numbers? I’m confused. Like how comes the minutes are almost 3000 higher this season than 21/22? Back then we were also competing in 4 competitions and there aren’t more Europa League games than CL games.

More minutes played due to their being more internationals is Simon Brundish's answer.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
Footballers have to play football. Footballers can get injured.

This was a knock out game away in a competition we can win.

Did people expect us to play the U18s?
Ours have played an insane amount of games though. For me personally PL>EL so I was a bit frustrated when I saw how strong our team was on Thursday considering we have City on Sunday.
It is what it is though, Klopp and the team know much better than me and I have to get behind that.
Hopefully it doesn’t bite us in the ass but it’s definitely made me less confident for this Sunday.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ours have played an insane amount of games though. For me personally PL>EL so I was a bit frustrated when I saw how strong our team was on Thursday considering we have City on Sunday.
It is what it is though, Klopp and the team know much better than me and I have to get behind that.
Hopefully it doesn’t bite us in the ass but it’s definitely made me less confident for this Sunday.

We have a final across the water to get in. At this stage of the season the most important game is the next one, not the one after that or the one after that.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Ibou is definitely out IMO. There is no way someone who pulls up like that is not injured. Would be shocked if he was anywhere near the squad. It isn’t even pessimism, it’s just seeing what happened on the pitch.

Klopp is just not giving anything away before a massive game.
Just like he said Mo and Darwin were day-to-day before the cup final. And I don’t blame him one bit.

I think this is correct, maybe I'm a Negative Nelly but I can't remember the last time an injury doubt or late test  or even a rumour turned out to be nothing. And now they're saying Gomez was hurt on Thursday after all. So my prediction is a back four of Bradley, Quansah, VVD and Robbo, with Gomez on the bench and Ibou out until after the break. Just cranking the degree of difficulty again, we'll still beat City.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
I think this is correct, maybe I'm a Negative Nelly but I can't remember the last time an injury doubt or late test  or even a rumour turned out to be nothing. And now they're saying Gomez was hurt on Thursday after all. So my prediction is a back four of Bradley, Quansah, VVD and Robbo, with Gomez on the bench and Ibou out until after the break. Just cranking the degree of difficulty again, we'll still beat City.

Klopp said Gomez wasn't injured.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry, what's the catalyst for this latest doom spiral? Klopp's comments saying that Ibou said he should be fine? I get that he might be wrong about it, but why have we all accepted he's done for?

Again, apologies to all if I've missed something else 😆
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard

Smash or Pass

This is what happens when you are too handsome, someone tell him to stop that... the hack  of those clothes... tell his ma to have a word
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
We have a final across the water to get in. At this stage of the season the most important game is the next one, not the one after that or the one after that.

The most important game is the Man City game.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The most important game is the Man City game.

It sure is.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry, what's the catalyst for this latest doom spiral? Klopp's comments saying that Ibou said he should be fine? I get that he might be wrong about it, but why have we all accepted he's done for?

Again, apologies to all if I've missed something else 😆

People are saying a player is usually injured when they pull up limping and then go for a scan. I’m hoping that Konate was acting from an abundance of caution because they’d been explicitly briefed to manage their way through the game.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan

Kelleher was supposed to be out for the Prague game on Thursday.
Gomez was supposed to be injured in the Prague game.

So there's two examples in the last week.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Really good website for Liverpool injury and potential return dates
https://www.premierinjuries.com/teams/liverpool

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
Really good website for Liverpool injury and potential return dates
https://www.premierinjuries.com/teams/liverpool
Don't recall Alisson being expected to be out until mid April?

We should get a lot of players back during the international break, but I guess we're all expecting that to be the case. Only one league game to get through, but you couldn't have picked a bigger one.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 09:53:22 am by ValiantInstance »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Smash or Pass

I wore far worse in the 90's

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Kelleher was supposed to be out for the Prague game on Thursday.
Gomez was supposed to be injured in the Prague game.

So there's two examples in the last week.

Tweets that get deleted after 5 minutes don't even count as rumours :)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

In pre-season there was a rumour that Szoboszlai pulled a muscle and a load of people collectively lost their shit at the medical department and Klopp. Turned out he rolled his ankle in training and missed a few days.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
That's not a bad outfit actually

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
That's not a bad outfit actually

For a chef.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
People are saying a player is usually injured when they pull up limping and then go for a scan. I’m hoping that Konate was acting from an abundance of caution because they’d been explicitly briefed to manage their way through the game.

Would make sense, wouldn't it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
So, any news on Konate after the press conference?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So, any news on Konate after the press conference?
Don't think so, not that it'd be likely anyway as you don't want to rush to provide the opposition with information. Guess there's a chance that some news hits the media tonight after an embargo.

more likely the people with sources at the club'll leak something tomorrow morning (or the walkaround gives it away)