Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 586520 times)

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Excellent news on Grav.

Get Jones back soon too hopefully
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
grav on the bench on sunday ?

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is he a bit thick?

If there’s any beef, he won’t be a chicken. And less injury prone than Oxolade-Chamberlain
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
If true, that would have me incredibly aroused. Much to my colleagues dismay.
how many times do you need to be told - no standing up during Zoom meetings!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
If there’s any beef, he won’t be a chicken. And less injury prone than Oxolade-Chamberlain
:)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Since we all love a conspiracy theory...I wonder if we're got to a point with a few of the injuries where they are maybe closer than we think to returning but don't particularly want some doofus international coach saying 'Well if he's ok to train I'll call him up'
I bloody hope so

Some questionable Twitter suggestions that jota is back in training today. Nothing said about him expressly in presser
says it all

Any update on Jayden Danns? Haven't heard anything in a while
  Seeing he is out due to concussion. That is a long time with that given he played on that day with no real issue. Hope he is alright

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
I bloody hope so
 says it all
  Seeing he is out due to concussion. That is a long time with that given he played on that day with no real issue. Hope he is alright

Its quite normal these days mate, especially with his age.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Its quite normal these days mate, especially with his age.
He never even left his feet with that challenge, you would think the Forest Keeper had it worse

I thought he would be available tonight

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
premier injuries shows return on 17th ... "Currently Being Assessed"

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
premier injuries shows return on 17th ... "Currently Being Assessed"

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
good site that, some good info

thanks

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
He never even left his feet with that challenge, you would think the Forest Keeper had it worse

Concussion injuries can be quite difficult to diagnose and then put a timeline of return on.

Can be the case that concussion symptoms don’t manifest until a day after the collision.  Can complete a game fine then feel symptoms hours later. Obviously sometime symptoms are there straight away. It’s also no indication of how long symptoms will last. Can be 5-7 days. Can be weeks.

There is probably defined protocols the club will follow around concussion recovery. There’s probably less room to manoeuvre on this compared with non-head football injuries. Assuming Danns would need to clear certain assessments before being allowed to play again - from a Liverpool and football authorities perspective.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
good intel Jookie

thanks

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
So Gravenberch, Jones, Danns, Trent and Konate could all be fit to play some role against Brighton. Other than Konate I'm guessing none of them will play but the thought of having them back is still nice.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild

Head knocks are completely different and everyone will respond differently too it.

It doesn't happen as much in this sport as it does others but will class action lawsuits happening in other sports where full contact is allowed they are players retiring in their peaks to on going on concussion issues.

As the other lad said above some people may feel affects for a few days and others can have symptoms for weeks.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
Pep and City medical staff get de Bruyne non-selection from next international friendlies
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68563476  -injured.. watch him play or on subs bench vs Luton

and I see Arsemal's White has made himself unavailable for English friendlies...
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68568456

Hopefully Klopp and medical staff are calling our international managers and saying forget it .. like Bradley Northern Ireland..  not now FFS he is our only fit RB. 

Gomez  back into England team FFS. .

and Egypt manager cannot wait to call up Mo!!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Egypt and Liverpool have agreed Salah isnt going to their next games

will see what happens with others?

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
Egypt and Liverpool have agreed Salah isnt going to their next games

will see what happens with others?

Bradley and Gomez selected for NI & England

White 'made himself unavailable' - Southgate
Defender Joe Gomez, who has not played for England since 2020, has been included after impressing for Liverpool at left-back, centre-back and right-back this season.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68564319

Liverpool's Conor Bradley has returned to Northern Ireland's squad but Jonny Evans is out for the friendlies away to Romania and Scotland.

Bradley missed the majority of NI's Euro 2024 qualifying campaign with a back injury.

Centre-back Evans, 36, has featured in Manchester United's last three matches.

NI boss Michael O'Neill said it was in Evans' "best interests" as the defender has been nursing calf and foot injuries recently.

"It gives him a longer recovery period and he has important games between now and the end of the season for Manchester United," said O'Neill.

"And with his own personal situation at the club going forward [he is out of contract in the summer], we'll go forward in March without Jonny but he is still very much a part of things.

FFS we have 10 injuries and are going for 3 trophies and the all important Premier league title!!  :no :no :no :no... all Liverpool players should be unavailable next 2 weeks.

Robertson will probably be called up by Scotland, VVd, Gakpo for NL, Endo for Japan!!!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
ok, dont have a heart attack

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
Konate called up to the France team.
mines a pint

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan

He's not even returned from injury!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Pep and City medical staff get de Bruyne non-selection from next international friendlies
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68563476  -injured.. watch him play or on subs bench vs Luton

and I see Arsemal's White has made himself unavailable for English friendlies...
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68568456

Hopefully Klopp and medical staff are calling our international managers and saying forget it .. like Bradley Northern Ireland..  not now FFS he is our only fit RB. 

Gomez  back into England team FFS. .

and Egypt manager cannot wait to call up Mo!!

They're international friendlies. They'd be stupid not to be pulling players out of internationals.

Gomez will want to make the Euros though so it's his chance to stake a claim after not making squads for a while. De Bruyne will obviously play for Belgium at the Euros. Also having international captains means clubs more eager to pick them, but we should be getting several out of international duty at least.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

FFS  :no
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
He's not even returned from injury!

Ze are testing les resolve...

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did Virgil come on for Quansah due to an injury? If not can’t help but think Ibu won’t be fit for the weekend.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Did Virgil come on for Quansah due to an injury? If not can’t help but think Ibu won’t be fit for the weekend.
No, resting, which suggests he’ll play the next one.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite

Pretty sure it was tactical.  Think Konate will be on the bench at best but wouldn't be the slightest bit worried about Quansah

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nope.

So yeah defo at the very least preparing contingency that Konate can't play - and given he's likely to play for France (Klopp's had a go at them in the past), maybe they'll just do it anyway.

Wish more of our players pulled out but whatever, hopefully they'll be wise and negotiate something better than two appearances and any full 90s (eg VVD declined Van Gaal's offer of a game off during our last quadruple run)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Quansah was booked I don't know if it was for that reason.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the replies folks.

Haha Klopp saying he told Mo to stop defending and stop running 😁
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
Quansah was booked I don't know if it was for that reason.

He was getting subbed before the booking so just think preplanned
Football is a lie

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
International break is gonna be sooo stressful gonna be shitting it during every game.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
Gravy is back.  ;D

Is that a stock photo…..?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Is that a stock photo…..?
Kate Middleton took it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
International break is gonna be sooo stressful gonna be shitting it during every game.
As if we don't do that now  ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12130175/joe-gomez-liverpool-defender-out-of-england-squad-after-suffering-potentially-serious-knee-injury
(2020 news article!!)

I've still not got over that one.  Then there's the time Joe suffered a vicious scratching whilst with England.

Offline Craig67

• Main Stander
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12130175/joe-gomez-liverpool-defender-out-of-england-squad-after-suffering-potentially-serious-knee-injury
(2020 news article!!)

I've still not got over that one.  Then there's the time Joe suffered a vicious scratching whilst with England.

Jesus.... I thought that was todays news for a moment.