Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3142318 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #12120 on: January 12, 2022, 03:20:52 pm »
nah they just like to complain
that's a fact.  and yes, I did check.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12121 on: January 12, 2022, 03:25:34 pm »
Zakaria seems such a no brainer, and surely we could have him if we wanted him, think a physical midfielder who can cover a lot of ground quickly would do wonders for our midfield

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12122 on: January 12, 2022, 03:53:25 pm »
Linked to our old mate Ousmane Dembele again.  ;D

Ousmane Dembélé is on the agenda of Liverpool, as the Reds show interest on bringing the player who will be available on a FREE if Barcelona can't renew his contract. Dembele is eyeing a move to the Premier League.

[MD & @La_SER]

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12123 on: January 12, 2022, 04:08:13 pm »

You're too slow Samie, someone posted it on the previous page.

Must try harder.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12124 on: January 12, 2022, 04:09:14 pm »

Such a shame that his injury record is a disaster. He looked amazing at Dortmund ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12125 on: January 12, 2022, 04:12:34 pm »
You're too slow Samie, someone posted it on the previous page.

Must try harder.

RAWK has used me like Kloppo used Gini mate. I'm knackered now.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12126 on: January 12, 2022, 04:50:51 pm »

Dembele has Man United desperation signing on a huge wedge written all over him.

Good player when fit, potentially great, but he’s not really kicked on at all in nearly 5 years at Barca. Add in that he is horrendously injury prone, has a poor work ethic and attitude (so would fit in at United) and is also just a bit of a bad, bad dickhead. Don’t think he really has the temperament (or durability) to ever make the most of his obvious natural talent.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12127 on: January 12, 2022, 04:52:22 pm »
Dembele has Man United desperation signing on a huge wedge written all over him.

Good player when fit, potentially great, but he’s not really kicked on at all in nearly 5 years at Barca. Add in that he is horrendously injury prone, has a poor work ethic and attitude (so would fit in at United) and is also just a bit of a bad, bad dickhead. Don’t think he really has the temperament (or durability) to ever make the most of his obvious natural talent.

Wasn't he the one who was renting Klopp's house and trashed it?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12128 on: January 12, 2022, 04:56:45 pm »
Hardly a surprise if we are interested ...

https://twitter.com/berger_pj/status/1481250959137415171?t=By4HyShUvETK_VKxdOGKmA

Very good player, at the perfect age, for a very good price ...

with a major 9 month injury in 2020.

We seem to have issues with injured players.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12129 on: January 12, 2022, 04:57:39 pm »

Yep, among other career highlights such as refusing to turn up to training and going completely AWOL at Dortmund when trying to force through his Barcelona move, repeatedly turning up late for training cos he would sleep in after staying up late gaming, and being filmed making some pretty deplorable racist comments on a preseason tour with Barca.

Given how much importance we place on attitude and commitment when recruiting players, I doubt he’d even make it onto a Liverpool shortlist these days.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12130 on: January 12, 2022, 05:04:43 pm »
Yep, among other career highlights such as refusing to turn up to training and going completely AWOL at Dortmund when trying to force through his Barcelona move, repeatedly turning up late for training cos he would sleep in after staying up late gaming, and being filmed making some pretty deplorable racist comments on a preseason tour with Barca.

Given how much importance we place on attitude and commitment when recruiting players, I doubt he’d even make it onto a Liverpool shortlist these days.
Friend who lives in Barca said his whole game was speed and the injuries have taken that from him. Poor football intelligence and a bad attitude. Worst signing ever for Barca. Wouldn't want him at LFC.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12131 on: January 12, 2022, 05:20:03 pm »
Hardly a surprise if we are interested ...

https://twitter.com/berger_pj/status/1481250959137415171?t=By4HyShUvETK_VKxdOGKmA

Very good player, at the perfect age, for a very good price ...

Nah, Paddy's a bit too old now.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #12132 on: January 12, 2022, 05:23:29 pm »

Another career highlight for me would be missing against us when clean through and the whole goal to aim at in the Nou Camp to put them 4-0 with 2 mins to play 😂😂😂

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12133 on: January 12, 2022, 05:33:55 pm »
Friend who lives in Barca said his whole game was speed and the injuries have taken that from him. Poor football intelligence and a bad attitude. Worst signing ever for Barca. Wouldn't want him at LFC.

His miss in last minute of the 3-0 games against us at the Nou Camp was ridiculously bad, and ultimately a huge moment even though it wasn't given much attention at the time.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #12134 on: January 12, 2022, 05:56:26 pm »

Dembele is more injured than if you threw Samuel L Jackson's character from the movie Glass down the stairs from the climactic sequence of Carlito's Way/Battleship Potemkin*

*better lines are available (and wingers too).
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12135 on: January 12, 2022, 06:13:07 pm »

I don’t think it was the Klopp’s family home  :D It was a house they own in Dortmund for the purpose of renting.  Still, not a good look!

Dembele would be a disaster signing, he can’t stay fit, no idea why they keep linking him.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12136 on: January 12, 2022, 06:17:25 pm »
with a major 9 month injury in 2020.

We seem to have issues with injured players.

He's been fully fit for 14 months, so I don't think that would be a problem ...

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #12137 on: January 12, 2022, 06:19:33 pm »
His miss in last minute of the 3-0 games against us at the Nou Camp was ridiculously bad, and ultimately a huge moment even though it wasn't given much attention at the time.
Yes. I think had it been 4-0 then psychologically it would have probably been just too much. I suppose you never know though.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12138 on: January 12, 2022, 06:31:33 pm »
Yes. I think had it been 4-0 then psychologically it would have probably been just too much. I suppose you never know though.

Messi knew the importance of that miss

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12139 on: January 12, 2022, 06:40:50 pm »
Nah, Paddy's a bit too old now.

We don't have enough players who shoot from long range though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

« Reply #12140 on: January 12, 2022, 06:59:13 pm »
What ever happened to the links to Florian Neuhaus, seemed like we were really interested

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12141 on: January 12, 2022, 07:04:11 pm »
What ever happened to the links to Florian Neuhaus, seemed like we were really interested
Looks like there was no foundation to the rumours.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12142 on: January 12, 2022, 07:08:54 pm »
So absolutely bugger all happens this window then Salah signs extension on 31 Jan. Got it

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12143 on: January 12, 2022, 07:15:02 pm »
Is it just me or have the transfer news turned into a bunch of Craigslist ads?

‘8 goal Emmanuel Dennis can be perfect Liverpool transfer’

‘Liverpool can sign 'new Kaká' for £18m and make ideal Jürgen Klopp attacker's dream come true’

‘Liverpool can sign forward compared to Lionel Messi for free after three transfer 'attempts’

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12144 on: January 12, 2022, 07:15:17 pm »
You did ask and I do aim to please.

LFC are tracking Cape Verde midfielder Kenny Rocha Santos as an alternative to Yves Bissouma. KV Oostende value him at £8m.[@VI_nl]

With zis foreigner Rocha you are really spoiling us!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12145 on: January 12, 2022, 07:16:54 pm »
So absolutely bugger all happens this window then Salah signs extension on 31 Jan. Got it

I reckon so and then we can all tell ourselves that renewing contracts is basically the same as improving the squad and it’s all fine actually.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12146 on: January 12, 2022, 09:36:30 pm »
I reckon so and then we can all tell ourselves that renewing contracts is basically the same as improving the squad and it’s all fine actually.

To be honest, a new contract for one of the best players in the World would be an awesome transfer window. Even though I still expect us to sign one or two young players until the end of January ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12147 on: January 12, 2022, 09:43:13 pm »
It would be the bare minimum and should have been done ages ago. We are standing still and tie age profile of the squad is starting to concern me.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12148 on: January 12, 2022, 10:34:04 pm »
It would be the bare minimum and should have been done ages ago. We are standing still and tie age profile of the squad is starting to concern me.

There is one aspect of squad building that we are often foregetting, and that is buying young players and promoting Academy players into the first team's squad. If you take a look, we are actually in a pretty decent position  ...

Konate (22)
------------------------------
TAA (23)
Kelleher (23)
Dixon-Bonner (21)
Jones (20)
N. Williams (20)
Morton (19)
Koumetio (19)
Beck (19)
Pitaluga (19)
Elliott (18)
Bradley (18)
Frauendorf (18)
Blair (18)
Woltman (18)
Gordon (17)
Woodburn (22)
R.Williams (20)
Van den Berg (20)

That is one hell of a U-23 team ...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12149 on: January 12, 2022, 10:38:49 pm »
Not only that but all these are either a great age or have the legs to play at their top level for quite a long while yet.

Alisson - 29
Gomez - 24
Tsimikas - 25
Robbo - 27
Jota - 25
Fabinho - 28 (end Oct)
VVD - 30
Salah - 29

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12150 on: January 12, 2022, 11:08:29 pm »
Not only that but all these are either a great age or have the legs to play at their top level for quite a long while yet.

Alisson - 29
Gomez - 24
Tsimikas - 25
Robbo - 27
Jota - 25
Fabinho - 28 (end Oct)
VVD - 30
Salah - 29

Milner (36) Free agent
Adrian (35) Free agent
Henderson (31)
Van Dijk (30)
Thiago (30)
Firmino (30)
Matip (30)
Salah (29)
Alisson (29)
Mane (29)
Fabinho (28)
AOC (28)
Karius (28) Free agent
Robertson (27)
Keita (26)
Minamino (26)
Origi (26)
Jota (25)
Tsimikas (25)
Gomez (24)
Phillips (24)

Our squad is very far from being old. Most of our top players are  still in their prime, and even the senior ones (like Henderson or Matip) could be valuable squad players for years. Also, our squad players who might be on the market are still at a good age, so that is probably why Edwards was not in a hurry to sell them at any price ...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12151 on: January 12, 2022, 11:09:43 pm »
Is it just me or have the transfer news turned into a bunch of Craigslist ads?

‘8 goal Emmanuel Dennis can be perfect Liverpool transfer’

‘Liverpool can sign 'new Kaká' for £18m and make ideal Jürgen Klopp attacker's dream come true’

‘Liverpool can sign forward compared to Lionel Messi for free after three transfer 'attempts’

On a more serious note, you're absolutely right. Clickbait has infected news beyond transfers. I've made a decision to never click on any article with a clickbait title regardless of whether the subject matter is serious or not. Clickbait works because media agencies use page views as a figure to pitch to advertisers as a measure of engagement. It ends when we as consumers begin to vote with our feet.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12152 on: January 12, 2022, 11:31:53 pm »
Be interested to know if Bowen was ever a real target. Seems to be having a big season and drawing a lot of media attention

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12153 on: January 13, 2022, 01:17:36 am »
To be honest, a new contract for one of the best players in the World would be an awesome transfer window. Even though I still expect us to sign one or two young players until the end of January ...
I get that it would be good news, but in the last transfer window we gave news contracts to some of our other top players too, VVD, Fabinho and Allison for example and this kept some fans happy with an otherwise very quiet transfer window except konate. This transfer window looks like no new players in but the board wait for the transfer window to get Salah on a new contract so again it looks like they're doing something and keeping some fans happy. We need investment in new players, we can't keep staying still.i just feel its tactical from the club to issue new contracts during the transfer window.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12154 on: January 13, 2022, 01:34:52 am »
Be interested to know if Bowen was ever a real target. Seems to be having a big season and drawing a lot of media attention
I think James Pearce reported that we were interested. Klopp is excellent at spotting hidden gems.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12155 on: January 13, 2022, 05:33:55 am »

I mean we could have beaten them 5-0 instead but I do thank Dembele for that miss because 4-0 is a crazy scoreline to overcome.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12156 on: January 13, 2022, 05:35:33 am »
Any non penalty goalscoring midfielders out there. Real midfielders as well, an 8 rather than a 10? Our midfield at its best has control but no goals

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12157 on: January 13, 2022, 06:25:01 am »
Any non penalty goalscoring midfielders out there. Real midfielders as well, an 8 rather than a 10? Our midfield at its best has control but no goals

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has previously been 'linked' with us.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12158 on: January 13, 2022, 07:06:37 am »
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has previously been 'linked' with us.
Hope he's less of a twat than his cousin Robbie
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12159 on: January 13, 2022, 07:50:09 am »
Our squad is very far from being old.

No it isn’t. In key positions it is already pretty old. In midfield and in the forward positions we need some new blood. Players like Jota are exactly what we need. Younger than the established starters with the ability to push them hard for starting places. I like the young midfielders but they are not at the level to challenge Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Fabinho yet. The younger senior midfielders we do have get too many injuries as we all know.

You always need an eye on the future and it is far easier to build from a position of strength.

I think we need a couple of midfielders and a forward in the summer at the latest. I don’t mind if we get two players one of whom can cover both positions if we absolutely have to.