Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3142180 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #29800 on: June 13, 2022, 12:30:52 pm »
"Even at our best the bulk of the goals were provided by Mane and Salah". That's literally exactly what I said.

I don't think you understand, City's midfield scored 40 goals. Ours scored 13. Not only does our forward line have to outscore City's forward line (which is no guarantee), they have a 27 goal deficit to account for because of how much more productive City's midfield is offensively. Also what if one of our 4 forwards gets injured? We miss a huge chunk of goals. If City get injuries, well they have goal scorers literally everywhere. We are far more vulnerable, and we've straight up been fortunate that our two major goal scorers have barely gotten injured for the last few years, because that is in actuality, very rare. It feel like people are just taking it for granted that not only will our forwards continue to score huge amounts of goals, but they will stay fit.

It isn't best to change things that are working, but it's also a good idea to analyse how and why they have been working and recognise the problems you might encounter relying on the same fortune to occur.

I don't understand how its fortune. We have 5 top quality attackers now, we are and have put plans in place to ensure an injury to a player doesn't damage us too much. We also have an attacking midfielder in Carvalho who put up really good goal scoring numbers and getting into good goal scoring opportunities.

Surely City run a risk of the goals in midfield drying up and relying completely on Haaland?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29801 on: June 13, 2022, 12:32:24 pm »
Wonder if we'll go for Carney Chukwuemeka next year. His contract is up in 12 months. He could even be an option this year if he's told Villa he's not signing.

I don't want a circus performer.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29802 on: June 13, 2022, 12:33:00 pm »
Do we really need a midfielder this year?  The only midfielder we're likely losing is Ox who barely played.  For the 3 positions, we have Fab and Hendo for the 6.  Thiago, Keita, Curtis, Elliot, and Milner for the other 2 midfield positions.  That's a total of 7 players for 3 spots. 

I think we are ok for this year and we'll likely strengthen next year.  Of course, I could be wrong and would be fine if we did bring in another player.  I just don't think we will.

We've got the numbers, but midfield felt the obvious area to upgrade coming into the summer window. Most importantly, the club clearly felt there was room for improvement hence going for Tchouameni. Now there's no guarantee we get someone this summer, but there's absolutely a benefit to getting someone - assuming they're the right someone - in now.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29803 on: June 13, 2022, 12:33:18 pm »
OX made 29 appearances last season. That's nearly 50% of the games we played.

He was also not in the PL squad for 9 games, and didn't come off the bench in 12 others. He played over 70 minutes 4 times in the PL too.

He didn't play in the CL after the group stages, or either Cup after the 1/4er finals (other than 15 mins in 1 EFL semi).

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29804 on: June 13, 2022, 12:33:22 pm »
You could give Elliott or Jones Ox's minute and we'd be absolutely fine. He didn't play a league or Champions League minute after 19th Feb despite being fit and wasn't even making the 9 man bench most weeks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #29805 on: June 13, 2022, 12:35:34 pm »
"Even at our best the bulk of the goals were provided by Mane and Salah". That's literally exactly what I said.

I don't think you understand, City's midfield scored 40 goals. Ours scored 13. Not only does our forward line have to outscore City's forward line (which is no guarantee), they have a 27 goal deficit to account for because of how much more productive City's midfield is offensively. Also what if one of our 4 forwards gets injured? We miss a huge chunk of goals. If City get injuries, well they have goal scorers literally everywhere. We are far more vulnerable, and we've straight up been fortunate that our two major goal scorers have barely gotten injured for the last few years, because that is in actuality, very rare. It feel like people are just taking it for granted that not only will our forwards continue to score huge amounts of goals, but they will stay fit. It's a pressure a team like City don't actually have and one we would probably be better off reducing quite a bit if possible.

It isn't best to change things that are working, but it's also a good idea to analyse how and why they have been working and recognise the problems you might encounter relying on the same fortune to occur.

Good lord :D

Dare I ask who you're classing as a midfielder for Man City....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29806 on: June 13, 2022, 12:35:48 pm »
To be honest, the English media are terrible. It says something when the TalkSport shows are one of the more sensible in England ...

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1536295564635168769

I'm shocked by this actually - very simple and on point analysis.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29807 on: June 13, 2022, 12:37:05 pm »
I don't understand how its fortune. We have 5 top quality attackers now, we are and have put plans in place to ensure an injury to a player doesn't damage us too much. We also have an attacking midfielder in Carvalho who put up really good goal scoring numbers and getting into good goal scoring opportunities.

Surely City run a risk of the goals in midfield drying up and relying completely on Haaland?

Yeah,i don't think you can just calculate their midfield scoring the same amount of goals they have and just add Haaland's haul to that.
I think they'll be stronger as Haaland's a brilliant striker but it won't be a linear huge increase in goals scored from the team as a whole.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29808 on: June 13, 2022, 12:39:58 pm »
You could give Elliott or Jones Ox's minute and we'd be absolutely fine. He didn't play a league or Champions League minute after 19th Feb despite being fit and wasn't even making the 9 man bench most weeks.

It's not about replacing Ox's minutes though, is it? I don't think anyone's suggesting bringing in a midfielder just to make up the numbers. We should be targeting someone who can potentially start for us, not warm the bench.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29809 on: June 13, 2022, 12:43:14 pm »
It's not about replacing Ox's minutes though, is it? I don't think anyone's suggesting bringing in a midfielder just to make up the numbers. We should be targeting someone who can potentially start for us, not warm the bench.
We don't need that player though. I'd be thrilled if we picked up a De Bruyne equivalent, but if we don't we know we've got the players to play at a high level and cover loss in players like Ox, or Minamino as a forward.  Maybe Carvalho is that transfer anyway

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29810 on: June 13, 2022, 12:44:46 pm »
We don't need that player though. I'd be thrilled if we picked up a De Bruyne equivalent, but if we don't we know we've got the players to play at a high level and cover loss in players like Ox, or Minamino as a forward.  Maybe Carvalho is that transfer anyway

Yet we've tried to get 2 CM's if rumours are to be believed. There's pretty clearly a gap there for someone amazing to come in and take, that other spot isn't Trent, Alisson, Virg, Thiago, Mo etc level.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29811 on: June 13, 2022, 12:46:07 pm »
I mean we were interested in Tchouameni so we do have our eyes open. It's just whether it's such a pressing need that we need to make that signing this summer or wait until we found the right man even if it takes us into next year.

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #29812 on: June 13, 2022, 12:49:42 pm »
This is just utter nonsense.

It's the one area we are inferior to them... Both have 3 elite starting players. Madrid then have two of the brightest midfield talents in the world. We have numbers on City in midfield options, but they beat us on quality.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29813 on: June 13, 2022, 12:51:08 pm »

And yet the club tried to go big on Tchouameni. Now, there's no guarantee that we find someone else this summer but the club is clearly willing to add an elite midfielder to the mix.

Again, that's not to say we can't win the league with Fab, Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Jones, Elliott and Milner as our midfield options.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29814 on: June 13, 2022, 12:52:49 pm »
So this is fascinating... we've basically signed a direct Mane replacement based on how Mane plays these days

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1536268940623720448

The main difference is Nunez does less defensive work .. I can't see any reason why he can't improve to Mane levels given his athleticism though
But also that Mane really loses the ball a lot. (I think way more than the general perception)
Not having a 9 that retains possession well definitely cost us a bit in an attacking sense in the second half of last year - it'll be interesting if we change the set up / approach a bit to accommodate this (Nunez is a bit better but still a potential issue) or not

Is Shot/Touch % literally what percentage of touches are shots?

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29815 on: June 13, 2022, 01:03:21 pm »
Not to be a downer, but this is the video that has me slightly concerned given the amount of our budget we've allocated for Nunez. It's not really like us to go out and spend upwards of £60m on players (for the most part), and when we do, it's usually players who don't really have any glaring issues with their game.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jfqm8cnKTus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jfqm8cnKTus</a>

I feel like it could go one of two ways. Klopp has obviously seen enough in his game to make him our record signing and there must be enough there for him to work with, but I'm far from expecting fireworks during his first season.

All those misplaced passes/miscontrolled touches were in the Portuguese league. We're asking him to make a real step up with the Premier League so I'm hoping he comes good eventually. But it's the first signing in the last few years that I've been a bit worried about, especially at the price point being discussed. For the price we're paying, we could land 95% of players in the top 5 leagues.

Obviously, I hope he does a Suarez/Torres, but I can already hear the groans from the Kop based on some of those moments in the video.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 01:06:08 pm by El Denzel Pepito »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29816 on: June 13, 2022, 01:05:04 pm »
Not to be a downer, but this is the video that has me slightly concerned given the amount of our budget we've allocated for Nunez. It's not really like us to go out and spend upwards of £60m on players (for the most part), and when we do, it's usually players who don't really have any glaring issues with their game.

I feel like it could go one of two ways. Klopp has obviously seen enough in his game to make him our record signing and there must be enough there for him to work with, but I'm far from expecting fireworks during his first season.

All those misplaced passes/miscontrolled touches were in the Portuguese league. We're asking him to make a real step up with the Premier League so I'm hoping he comes good eventually. But it's the first signing in the last few years that I've been a bit worried about, especially at the price point being discussed.

Thankfully our scouts won't have scouted him on YouTube alone.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29817 on: June 13, 2022, 01:06:23 pm »
Yet we've tried to get 2 CM's if rumours are to be believed. There's pretty clearly a gap there for someone amazing to come in and take, that other spot isn't Trent, Alisson, Virg, Thiago, Mo etc level.
We'll yeah, that's why I said I'd be thrilled.of we got a top.tiee talent, but the way some people of on as if w can't let Ox or Minamino, Origi level options go from the squad without q replacement is also wrong. We can let them go and just use what we've got, and already brought in, to replace them.if we need to wait an extra year because our top 2 targets are off the table this summer then i don't think we should worry about that. This might be just arguing semantics but need to me is we can't go in to next season without player X. Unless say a Van Dijk, Alisson, Trent level player leaves I don't think we need anyone else, but if we can get in an amazing player then great
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 01:10:13 pm by Chris~ »

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29818 on: June 13, 2022, 01:07:51 pm »
Thankfully our scouts won't have scouted him on YouTube alone.

Yup, obviously. As I said, I'm sure Klopp has seen enough for him to work with there, but at £60m+ you expect to be signing almost a finished article, which I don't think is the case here. He still seems like a United signing to me, but what do I know etc etc

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #29819 on: June 13, 2022, 01:10:30 pm »
He's not a 100m player though.

I know mate. It is that the media are quoting the 100 million striker thing even though we all know it is not and is based on performance related things and targets for the teams success in future.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29820 on: June 13, 2022, 01:10:43 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jfqm8cnKTus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jfqm8cnKTus</a>

All those misplaced passes/miscontrolled touches were in the Portuguese league. We're asking him to make a real step up with the Premier League so I'm hoping he comes good eventually. But it's the first signing in the last few years that I've been a bit worried about, especially at the price point being discussed. For the price we're paying, we could land 95% of players in the top 5 leagues.

Obviously, I hope he does a Suarez/Torres, but I can already hear the groans from the Kop based on some of those moments in the video.
You cannot be serious?
A young player making a few mistakes. Shocking. We’ve all seen Salah make numerous mistakes, poor shots etc and he is the best player in the world!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29821 on: June 13, 2022, 01:11:42 pm »
Was reading on TIA that Aberdeen are trying to get some more money out of us for the young RB. Can’t say I blame them and I hope we pay it as he looks really good from the videos I’ve seen and if he is a success the extra £1m or so won’t make a difference at all.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29822 on: June 13, 2022, 01:11:55 pm »
How is it that Ramsay has gone from being about £4m rising to £6m or so, to Aberdeen now wanting upwards of £10m

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29823 on: June 13, 2022, 01:14:40 pm »
How is it that Ramsay has gone from being about £4m rising to £6m or so, to Aberdeen now wanting upwards of £10m

I wonder if paying what we have for Nunez has made others greedier in that respect. If we don't see value in the deal for Ramsay then I suspect we'll tell them to do one pretty quick.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29824 on: June 13, 2022, 01:14:59 pm »
We have to trust the club because their track record on these big transfers in the last 8+ years has been superb. However I just can't help thinking this one is riskier than both VVD and Alisson. Everyone knew VVD would work, we just did. And Alisson was regarded with Oblak as the best in the world so it was a no-brainer too.

This one feels a little riskier, but also the payoff is potentially higher. At 22 we could get a decade out of him if he works out.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29825 on: June 13, 2022, 01:16:00 pm »
Yup, obviously. As I said, I'm sure Klopp has seen enough for him to work with there, but at £60m+ you expect to be signing almost a finished article, which I don't think is the case here. He still seems like a United signing to me, but what do I know etc etc

I think the fee is mind boggling too and very ‘un Liverpool’ of the last few years.

But factors to remember - I would presume his wages are reasonably ‘low’ and he’ll be on a 6 year deal I think I read? So this is far and away from us signing a ready made star for crazy wages (see Haaland).

There’s risk involved always, but they are signing a player they hope to be part of this team for near on a decade, and with all the analytics they use, they feel he’s the right man who is available right now with Mane leaving. 

I didn’t watch the youtube vid by the way, as you can make them vids to show the very best and very worst of players. You’d be able to do a cracking one for Salah missplacing passes from 3 yards.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29826 on: June 13, 2022, 01:16:14 pm »
You cannot be serious?
A young player making a few mistakes. Shocking. We’ve all seen Salah make numerous mistakes, poor shots etc and he is the best player in the world!

I haven't said he's the worst signing in the world and that I can't believe we're going in for him. I'm just a bit wary based on those moments in the Portuguese league. We've seen Salah make mistakes, yes, but that's in the Premier League / Serie A where the level is generally higher so mistakes are more likely to occur.

As I said, Klopp must have seen enough for these moments not to bother him - and that's fine - it's just a much more riskier transfer than we've gone for in recent years. He could develop into a Cavani, Kane, Falcao type of striker, or he could be a bit more like Carroll, Borini, etc. I'm just surprised the club have decided to take that risk and smash our record for him.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29827 on: June 13, 2022, 01:17:27 pm »
To be honest, the English media are terrible. It says something when the TalkSport shows are one of the more sensible in England ...

The comments though. I worry about football twitter intelligence.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29828 on: June 13, 2022, 01:17:44 pm »

You could make a video like that about any player in the world to be honest.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29829 on: June 13, 2022, 01:18:35 pm »

the fact the deal seems to be taking months was always a bit odd.

They may just walk away from it if they are playing silly buggers,.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29830 on: June 13, 2022, 01:19:21 pm »
We have to trust the club because their track record on these big transfers in the last 8+ years has been superb. However I just can't help thinking this one is riskier than both VVD and Alisson. Everyone knew VVD would work, we just did. And Alisson was regarded with Oblak as the best in the world so it was a no-brainer too.

This one feels a little riskier, but also the payoff is potentially higher. At 22 we could get a decade out of him if he works out.

The decision makers at the club have got so much credit in the bank that every deal we do is surrounded with positivity. And clearly we have the best manager at developing attacking talent.

If the exact same deal was done by Utd then most of us would be laughing our arse off and saying how it's probably another expensive fuck up.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #29831 on: June 13, 2022, 01:19:34 pm »

Who said he was 4m rising to 6m tho

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29832 on: June 13, 2022, 01:22:00 pm »
You could make a video like that about any player in the world to be honest.

Yep, having concerns is fine but based on that is daft, the start of it is him missing some chances  ;D good luck finding a player that's never missed a chance, you'll be waiting a while! If he's that horrendous you'd think someone could come up with a much better, much longer video than that.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29833 on: June 13, 2022, 01:22:11 pm »
I think the fee is mind boggling too and very ‘un Liverpool’ of the last few years.

But factors to remember - I would presume his wages are reasonably ‘low’ and he’ll be on a 6 year deal I think I read? So this is far and away from us signing a ready made star for crazy wages (see Haaland).

There’s risk involved always, but they are signing a player they hope to be part of this team for near on a decade, and with all the analytics they use, they feel he’s the right man who is available right now with Mane leaving. 

I didn’t watch the youtube vid by the way, as you can make them vids to show the very best and very worst of players. You’d be able to do a cracking one for Salah missplacing passes from 3 yards.

Is it?
Nunez is after Haaland & Mbappe probably the best striker u23 in Europe. He has been highly rated for years its why he cost Benfica 20m despite playing in the 2nd tier.

6"2 being that agile,strong & a finisher is very rare.
One of the best forwards in the CL last year.

That fee is high but it really isnt that much over the top.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29834 on: June 13, 2022, 01:22:15 pm »
I'm shocked by this actually - very simple and on point analysis.

Simon Jordans ok, not everyones cup of tea but has good insights. Plus he riles up Trevor Sinclair and that other Sky sports twat

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29835 on: June 13, 2022, 01:22:20 pm »

You could make that compilations for all players. Similar you can make every player look sensational in a youtube. Means fuck all

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #29836 on: June 13, 2022, 01:23:03 pm »
Not necessarily. Haaland went there having already put up insane numbers in the Champions League, Bellingham was signed at the age of 16 having played 40 games in the English second tier. The only competition was Man United and I can't imagine they'd agree to a buy-out clause, so why would Dortmund have to?

Man U weren't the only potential suitors. Dortmund usually include release clauses after a certain time period (seems to be around 3 years).

He may not have one; I was only speculating.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29837 on: June 13, 2022, 01:24:36 pm »

Is the £10m after add ons etc? I mean i do kind of get it. He's probably the most promising player they've had for ages and they want to take advantage. I'm sure a compromise will be reached.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #29838 on: June 13, 2022, 01:25:25 pm »

The comments are funny as fuck.

Its always the Abu Dhabi fans who do mental gymnastics to try [fail] to rubbish the whole concept of 'net spend'
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29839 on: June 13, 2022, 01:27:10 pm »
The comments though. I worry about football twitter intelligence.

it's just deliberate trolling that's all twitter comments are