Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3143015 times)

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - BEN THE BLADE
« Reply #280 on: August 6, 2021, 11:45:10 pm »
Not sure why few posters are so open to part-ex ing Mo. That’s insane talk. If anyone would be sacrificed and go the other way to PSG, I’d be pushing the French-speaking Mane onto the plank, especially after the stinker of last season.

I don't think many WANT to get rid of Mo for Mbappe. However it is easy to make a case for why it would be an understandable move. Age and resale value being two big ones.

I'll do what I normally do: just sit and watch.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: August 6, 2021, 11:55:42 pm »
The club have proven with VVD and Alisson that they are willing to push the envelope and break records for transfer fees. Smashing the clubs whole pay structure is a another thing. We're in the process of trying to re-sign VVD (£180k), Salah (£200k), Henderson (£140k). Bringing in Mbappe on anything near the supposed £400k he'd want is going to result in them wanting a major bump on their new deals. At present we're about £26m pa behind Man City (excluding their new signings) in our salary bill. The new contracts for TAA, Alisson & Fabinho means we've already increased from the current £325m.

The likes of Mbappe and Haaland and their wage demands are beyond us I'm afraid.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: August 7, 2021, 12:01:44 am »
I would sell all of our famous trident now for Mbappe.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 7, 2021, 12:07:03 am »

Karius, Origi, Davies?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 7, 2021, 12:11:51 am »
Ox, Minamino and Shaq.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 7, 2021, 12:52:14 am »
Insane IMHO
Nah.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #286 on: August 7, 2021, 12:55:02 am »
Woodburn Randall and Davies.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #287 on: August 7, 2021, 01:00:41 am »
Woodburn Randall and Davies.

That famous firm of solicitors who have faithfully represented us for centuries?
Thatś bad form, chap.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #288 on: August 7, 2021, 01:10:13 am »
The club have proven with VVD and Alisson that they are willing to push the envelope and break records for transfer fees. Smashing the clubs whole pay structure is a another thing. We're in the process of trying to re-sign VVD (£180k), Salah (£200k), Henderson (£140k). Bringing in Mbappe on anything near the supposed £400k he'd want is going to result in them wanting a major bump on their new deals. At present we're about £26m pa behind Man City (excluding their new signings) in our salary bill. The new contracts for TAA, Alisson & Fabinho means we've already increased from the current £325m.

The likes of Mbappe and Haaland and their wage demands are beyond us I'm afraid.

1. Liverpool renews contracts of all their stars for nominal increases in pay.
2. Liverpool signs M'bappe on 400k a week, stars just signed contracts so can't complain.
3. ????
4. Trophies.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: August 7, 2021, 01:15:14 am »
Mbappe is very unlikely, but crazy as it is to even say, there’s a chance!

Mbappe is not a possibility this summer ...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 7, 2021, 01:18:09 am »
2. Liverpool signs M'bappe on 400k a week, stars just signed contracts so can't complain.
3. ????
4. Trophies.

Henderson, Salah, VVD don't need to re-sign before the window shuts. Maybe they hold off, see if we were to make a signing like Mbappe and if we do want parity or thereabouts.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 7, 2021, 01:33:06 am »
Graeme Kelly said on Rivalry Aside TV podcast earlier that Saul to Liverpool will happen. Let's wait and see.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 7, 2021, 01:39:36 am »
Graeme Kelly said on Rivalry Aside TV podcast earlier that Saul to Liverpool will happen. Let's wait and see.

How would he know? Who are his contacts? He's just some Twitter ITK posting opinion and rumours as "news" isn't he?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 7, 2021, 04:30:56 am »

:jester :jester :jester
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #294 on: August 7, 2021, 04:41:34 am »
Good to see some contract extensions this week. However not a single credible link emerged. Hoping if we do sign someone it will just be a Jota type situation where the entire thing manifests within 48 hours and we’ve signed the player.
YWNA

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 7, 2021, 05:08:12 am »
Not sure why few posters are so open to part-ex ing Mo. That’s insane talk. If anyone would be sacrificed and go the other way to PSG, I’d be pushing the French-speaking Mane onto the plank, especially after the stinker of last season.

It’s all hypothetical, but ideally we would be able to sign Mbappe and not lose anyone we don’t want to lose. Mo is a world class player and a very reliable source of goals.

I would prefer to let almost any of our players go before Mo, Mane included. But if sending Mo the other way is what it took to sign Mbappe, I would do it.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 7, 2021, 05:15:48 am »

You are likely correct sir.

It’s all idle speculation. Messi to PSG. Takes up lots of wages. Mbappe won’t sign so they let him go, assuaging their fans with the signing of Messi. There are not many teams who could sign Mbappe. At an outside chance we might be one of 2-3 who could find a way.

Money saved up? A top player going the other way? Nike somehow indirectly helping with wages?

Again, I think it is unlikely, but I can’t definitively rule it out. Possible wishful thinking on my part? Maybe!

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #297 on: August 7, 2021, 06:58:52 am »
OK - just for argument's sake - say we offer Mbappe a signing on fee of 20 - 25 million to join us next summer for 4 years on a salary of 250k per week plus performance bonuses...? Or some variation on that...?

That prepayment is cheaper than Konate's transfer fee - for the best young player on the planet. That means he gets effectively 350k base salary - plus the almost certain performance bonuses from playing with this Liverpool team under Klopp.

And joining us certainly can't hurt his marketability going forward...!!!

So we don't bugger up our cash flows mid-pandemic. We don't blow out the wage structure. We hugely boost the value of the team (FSG says thanks) - and we win lots of shit!! It also makes it a breeze to recruit the next generation - OK, who wants to join the Dream Team of football?? Take a number and line up over there please - in alphabetical order...

If Kyllian changes his mind later or doesn't like the food/weather (or can't understand anybody in Liverpool) or wants a new challenge in a couple of years (sick of lifting all those trophies?), then Mikey Edwards can surely sell him in his mid- to late-twenties to RM for 150-200m+ - and deliver a sizable war chest to our manager to replace him.

Isn't that a lot easier than hoping Nike give us a big (no, HUGE) brown paper bag to help fund it??
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #298 on: August 7, 2021, 07:15:21 am »
Your probably right.
Albeit, if he is interested, PSG want to sell, RM are skint and we do a swap for Salah, the fee is probably affordable right?
The biggest issue would be the wages. From affordability point of view the club could probably look at the commercial benefit and "find" the money so the blocker will be the disparity between his and everybody else's wages and the knock-on effect.
If that is the case then he isn't really going to be an option when he is on a free next summer either is he?
If we are planning to "start" the rebuild next summer then we know we need to spend big money net. If  he is a player that they genuinely want, they may think their chances of getting him are much etter this summer while everyone else is in turmoil or committed to big moves and it's worth spending the £60m to do that. It maybe that they consider the disparity worth it for the value he brings. In the same way they will probably pay Mo more than anyone else in the squad with his renewal.
Unlikely but they may just surprise us yet.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: August 7, 2021, 07:37:28 am »
OK - just for argument's sake - say we offer Mbappe a signing on fee of 20 - 25 million to join us next summer for 4 years on a salary of 250k per week plus performance bonuses...? Or some variation on that...?

That prepayment is cheaper than Konate's transfer fee - for the best young player on the planet. That means he gets effectively 350k base salary - plus the almost certain performance bonuses from playing with this Liverpool team under Klopp.

So we don't bugger up our cash flows mid-pandemic. We don't blow out the wage structure. We hugely boost the value of the team (FSG says thanks) - and we win lots of shit!! It also makes it a breeze to recruit the next generation - OK, who wants to join the Dream Team of football?? Take a number and line up over there please - in alphabetical order...

If Kyllian changes his mind later or doesn't like the food/weather (or can't understand anybody in Liverpool) or wants a new challenge in a couple of years (sick of lifting all those trophies?), then Mikey Edwards can surely sell him in his mid- to late-twenties to RM for 150-200m+ - and deliver a sizable war chest to our manager to replace him.

Isn't that a lot easier than hoping Nike give us a big (no, HUGE) brown paper bag to help fund it??
If the club are concerned about there being a wage disparity then they won't sign Mbappe.
The other's players agents aren't stupid. If we give him a huge signing on fee and a lower wage it amounts to the same thing doesn't it? Because if it doesn't Mbappe probably isn't going yo sign.
I think the only way they would sign him is if they work out that he is worth say £600k a week to them and so are prepared to offer him £500k and use that argument with other players if they ask for parity.
Not sure they would want to do that but that's kinda what is playing out with Mo, Gini, Hendo etc so who knows
In terms of the Nike stuff. I think everyone got that wrapped round their necks. If we decided to go after Mbappe, our commercial team would not be doing their jobs if they were not discussing with Nike the benefits to Nike of that happening and what impact that had on the deal. Of course they wouldn't be directly contributing to his wages, but they could discuss pull forwards etc to help with affordability.

When PSG say they are exploring what the Messi deal will do for their commercial revenues don't you think that they have picked up the phone and said to Nike "You know that addidas guy that has been at a Nike club his whole career and offset the money Ronaldo has made for RM and Juve (Addidas) but is now on a free to go anywhere, we maybe can do a deal, wanna talk about our upcoming contract renewal" I would be staggered if they haven't.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 07:49:30 am by FowlerLegend »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 7, 2021, 07:44:32 am »

You do know that Mbappe is on 400k now? You are proposing giving him less than what he is on now and what Grealish and Sancho are on. That isnt happening.

Also players and agents are not stupid. They will know that over the course of a contract they are getting paid much less than what Mbappe is getting, just that he gets it in a lump sum.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: August 7, 2021, 08:00:06 am »

Ah the Rivalry Aside TV podcast…

I’ll believe it!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #302 on: August 7, 2021, 08:06:40 am »
You do know that Mbappe is on 400k now? You are proposing giving him less than what he is on now and what Grealish and Sancho are on. That isnt happening.

Also players and agents are not stupid. They will know that over the course of a contract they are getting paid much less than what Mbappe is getting, just that he gets it in a lump sum.

Probably players will be smart and accept it to have such a talent in there team , top Barca players were never going to get parity with Messi and won’t their bonus  payments go up if we’re successful with such a world class player coming in .

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 7, 2021, 08:25:30 am »
Probably players will be smart and accept it to have such a talent in there team , top Barca players were never going to get parity with Messi and won’t their bonus  payments go up if we’re successful with such a world class player coming in .

Yeah but nobody was in Messi’s class. If you are Salah or even Van Dijk, why should Mbappe be on more than you? Both are more important than Mbappe.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 7, 2021, 08:28:29 am »

You’ve gone after an arbitrary number used in an example to show how it could be done. Even if he wanted £700k a week then you’d take the £250k wages, look at the £450k a week left and work out that it comes to £117m signing fee. £117m and £250kpw for Mbappé? Yes please.

Players and agents aren’t stupid, however they’ve been missing out on huge signing on fees when they’re on bosmans for years. It’s finally just started to click though, which is why we’re starting to see more players run their contracts down, and in turn, I’d bet more players will start asking for higher and higher bonuses when they sign contract extensions.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 7, 2021, 08:32:54 am »
You’ve gone after an arbitrary number used in an example to show how it could be done. Even if he wanted £700k a week then you’d take the £250k wages, look at the £450k a week left and work out that it comes to £117m signing fee. £117m and £250kpw for Mbappé? Yes please.

Players and agents aren’t stupid, however they’ve been missing out on huge signing on fees when they’re on bosmans for years. It’s finally just started to click though, which is why we’re starting to see more players run their contracts down, and in turn, I’d bet more players will start asking for higher and higher bonuses when they sign contract extensions.

Its very unlikely that players are getting anywhere near that much to sign contract extensions though despite what has happened. That would cripple clubs if they effectively had to shell out 20-30m per contract extension.

Are there any rumours as to what our players are getting to sign contracts again in terms of a signing fee?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 7, 2021, 08:34:33 am »
Your probably right.
Albeit, if he is interested, PSG want to sell, RM are skint and we do a swap for Salah, the fee is probably affordable right?

Really this needs to stop. I don’t care what amateur beancounting is being indulged. He’s practically our only reliable source of goals and people want to part-ex him? Utterly deranged.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 7, 2021, 08:36:37 am »
Salah’s better than Mbappe.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: August 7, 2021, 08:39:54 am »
Also players and agents are not stupid.
Exhibit A…

[/url]
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #309 on: August 7, 2021, 08:51:08 am »
Exhibit A…

[/url]

You really shouldn't judge people by their appearances, but Charlie looks like the sort of person that will be found dead from exhaustion in a revolving door.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 7, 2021, 08:51:16 am »
A few people seem to be wanting us to swap Salah for Mbappe? I don’t think that would improve us at all. The only reason I see for that would be the respective age of the two players. Yes in 2 or 3 years maybe Salah won’t be as effective and maybe the club will decide to cash in whilst they can, but Salah is the last player I would want us to sell right now.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #311 on: August 7, 2021, 08:52:55 am »
Really this needs to stop. I don’t care what amateur beancounting is being indulged. He’s practically our only reliable source of goals and people want to part-ex him? Utterly deranged.
We are all talking about a scenario that probably will never happen.
That said, I don't see the issue. The club are starting to make tough decisions and this would be another.
I don't see it would be ridiculous. Salah will want big money to extend and is 29 and may not even extend. We will give it to him unless the club see a player that will potentially offer more to the club as a whole over the period of his contract.
World Cup winner, double scorer in the final, huge commercial value, 7 years younger and available for a lot less than his usual value.
Granted, if the club could find a way to have both I am sure they would but financially very unlikely.
As I say though, very unlikely to happen so I wouldn't get too stressed about it
« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 09:01:27 am by FowlerLegend »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 7, 2021, 08:59:05 am »
Exhibit A…

That pic of Harry's brother is pure nightmare fuel.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 7, 2021, 09:00:41 am »
A few people seem to be wanting us to swap Salah for Mbappe? I don’t think that would improve us at all. The only reason I see for that would be the respective age of the two players. Yes in 2 or 3 years maybe Salah won’t be as effective and maybe the club will decide to cash in whilst they can, but Salah is the last player I would want us to sell right now.

Not seen any calling for that myself
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 7, 2021, 09:00:54 am »
The whole point of the part exchange (football manager nonsense but this is the transfer thread so if not here, where?) is it’s for Mbappe who is going to the best player in the world very soon. He’s the reliably source of goals without Salah and he’s basically a decade younger so he’s a reliable source for much longer. So the hypothetical musings are predicated on Mbappe’s brilliance. Obviously it’d be insane for anyone else in world football, but perhaps it isn’t for Mbappe? But it is football manager nonsense so none of us should be taking it very seriously, either to refute or to defend!!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #315 on: August 7, 2021, 09:01:58 am »
3. ????
4. Trophies.
5. Tom Davies wins The Ballon d'Or
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #316 on: August 7, 2021, 09:02:11 am »
As thick as it is wanting to swap one of our greatest ever players anyway….surely the whole point of Mbappe leaving is so they can ‘afford’ Messi, so a swap would achieve fuck all anyway?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #317 on: August 7, 2021, 09:02:59 am »
The whole point of the part exchange (football manager nonsense but this is the transfer thread so if not here, where?) is it’s for Mbappe who is going to the best player in the world very soon. He’s the reliably source of goals without Salah and he’s basically a decade younger so he’s a reliable source for much longer. So the hypothetical musings are predicated on Mbappe’s brilliance. Obviously it’d be insane for anyone else in world football, but perhaps it isn’t for Mbappe? But it is football manager nonsense so none of us should be taking it very seriously, either to refute or to defend!!
Exactly.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 7, 2021, 09:03:56 am »
We are all talking about a scenario that probably will never happen.
That said, I don't see the issue. The club are starting to make tough decisions and this would be another.
I don't see it would be ridiculous. Salah will want big money to extend and is 29. We will give it to him unless the club see a player that will potentially offer more to the club as a whole over the period of his contract.
World Cup winner, double scorer in the final, huge commercial value, 7 years younger and available for a lot less than his usual value.
Granted, if the club could find a way to have both I am sure they would but financially very unlikely.
As I say though, very unlikely to happen so I wouldn't get too stressed about it
I’m not “stressed” just find it bizarre some people are so causally, hypothetically, absolutely fine with sacrificing Mo. It says a lot, like how much of their youth or adulthood they’ve spent playing Football Manager . There’s a list of 10 or more players I’d choose first if we’re indulging in that sort of game.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 7, 2021, 09:06:53 am »
As thick as it is wanting to swap one of our greatest ever players anyway… surely the whole point of Mbappe leaving is so they can ‘afford’ Messi, so a swap would achieve fuck all anyway?

He is isn't he? A lot of the current squad are really; somehow that's made me feel a lot more relaxed about transfers this summer, and I was fairly relaxed anyway.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.