Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2211736 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #33640 on: July 18, 2023, 03:49:16 pm »
Begovic turned down a new deal and has signed for QPR instead.

Who finished 20th in the Championship last season.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33641 on: July 18, 2023, 03:50:15 pm »

Well said, they should be known as Self Pity FC.
#Sausages

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #33642 on: July 18, 2023, 04:09:19 pm »
Well said, they should be known as Self Pity FC.
Pity Seeking, Shit Reeking, Financial Leeking, Boo Shreiking, Child Freaking, Ground Creeking, ever giving Pepsi
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33643 on: July 18, 2023, 04:16:26 pm »
Nice of them to allow Johnny Evans time to sign a short term deal with United while they scramble together some cash to pay his wages. You wouldn't get that level of commitment to player welfare from the redshite.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33644 on: July 18, 2023, 04:23:59 pm »
They really are something else when it comes to blame shifting and absolving themselves of responsibility for their own actions. They absolutely love wallowing in self-pity and finger pointing.

Since the 1980s Man United have gone from a laughing stock to building a two decades long dynasty, then reverted back to being a laughing stock again whilst being smashed 7-0 at Anfield. In that time, Everton have whinged, moaned, griped and wallowed in their own ineptitude and done absolutely nothing.

The 1984 Kings of Europe and the biggest losers due to the ban were Liverpool Football Club. The club did nothing wrong at Heysel and tried to get the game moved from the crumbling dump beforehand but were dismissed by UEFA, as were the concerns LFC had.

Liverpool Football Club had actually won the European Cup four times between 77 and 84, not just postulated that they might have won it had they entered. The club lost a European dynasty due to something it had no control over. The Everton that could have entered in 1986 won absolutely nothing domestically, yet we are to believe they'd have walked to the final of the European Cup and won it comfortably.  ::) Everton always talk the talk, but very rarely walk the walk.

Since those dark days Liverpool Football Club has picked itself up, dusted itself down and won every single honour in the club game both at home and in Europe.

All this in the same timeframe where Everton have wallowed in their own misplaced victimhood and blamed everything but themselves for their shambolic showing.

In the meantime, Leicester City have come from nowhere, become English champions then got relegated again. All while Everton sat hopelessly in their learned helplessness.

They are pathetic. Absolutely and utterly pathetic. A gutless, spineless club with a mostly gutless, spineless fanbase. I mean why bother taking personal responsibility and building your own club when you can be lazy, entitled no marks wallowing in your own misery whilst blaming others instead?

Everton that.

Absolutely.

I'm tired of hearing about the sound Everton fans - as long as you don't talk football with them. If you can't discuss football with them then they're not sound fans. You shouldn't be treading on eggshells around someone because they might suffer a psychotic break if you bring up a subject you're both supposed to enjoy and have in common.

I'm also tired of hearing about how it's a minority, and that GOT doesn't reflect the majority of the fanbase. If the majority has been cowed into silence by their own lunatic fringe, then that speaks for itself. You shouldn't be allowing these people to speak for you or your club.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #33645 on: July 18, 2023, 04:24:59 pm »
Paul the Esk with yet another doom laden prognostication of their financial status!

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/23-24/comment/editorial/43707.html
93% wages to turnover… still!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33646 on: July 18, 2023, 05:09:16 pm »
Worst run club in Football, dodgy AF accounting, dodgy AF ownership.

They should be called Enron FC.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #33647 on: July 18, 2023, 05:12:16 pm »
Worst run club in Football, dodgy AF accounting, dodgy AF ownership.

They should be called Enron FC.
They always have been since the days of selling Alan Ball to Arsenal when he didn't want to go.
Kendall had a brief spell of joy with them in the 80s.
They won an FA Cup in 95 and fuck all since.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33648 on: July 18, 2023, 05:18:12 pm »
The sooner these shite are flushed the better.

Online only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33649 on: July 18, 2023, 06:12:34 pm »
Who finished 20th in the Championship last season.
egg zackly
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #33650 on: July 18, 2023, 06:26:58 pm »
They always have been since the days of selling Alan Ball to Arsenal when he didn't want to go.
Kendall had a brief spell of joy with them in the 80s.
They won an FA Cup in 95 and fuck all since.

I can remember them gleefully singing “Ee Aye, We Got Alan Ball, We Got Alan Ball” when they signed him from Blackpool despite our interest in him. In 1966 we were at very similar levels in terms of finance and playing ability and them getting Ball from Balackpool was quite a coup.

A few months later we also signed a raw teenager from Blackpool who went on to win every trophy with Liverpool except the League Cup with the added bonus of REALLY pissing of Everton fans with his ‘Everton are Tragic’ rendition at one of his many trophy parades. Despite Liverpool laying fallow for a few years signing Emlyn Hughes regenerated   Us.

Who knows what Everton’s trajectory would have been if they’d have kept Ball?

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #33651 on: July 18, 2023, 06:32:54 pm »
Absolutely.

I'm tired of hearing about the sound Everton fans - as long as you don't talk football with them. If you can't discuss football with them then they're not sound fans. You shouldn't be treading on eggshells around someone because they might suffer a psychotic break if you bring up a subject you're both supposed to enjoy and have in common.

I'm also tired of hearing about how it's a minority, and that GOT doesn't reflect the majority of the fanbase. If the majority has been cowed into silence by their own lunatic fringe, then that speaks for itself. You shouldn't be allowing these people to speak for you or your club.

This sound thing is a myth. Lived in the city all my life and hand on heart I could count on one hand how many “sound” non bitter evertonians I have met in my life and non of them are my own family who are 80% blues. Good people who are always there for family but mention Liverpool and they turn into absolute fucking gremlins.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #33652 on: July 18, 2023, 08:21:40 pm »
...and them getting Ball from Balackpool was quite a coup.

was certainly germane to the discussion...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33653 on: July 18, 2023, 08:40:28 pm »
I can remember them gleefully singing “Ee Aye, We Got Alan Ball, We Got Alan Ball” when they signed him from Blackpool despite our interest in him. In 1966 we were at very similar levels in terms of finance and playing ability and them getting Ball from Balackpool was quite a coup.

A few months later we also signed a raw teenager from Blackpool who went on to win every trophy with Liverpool except the League Cup with the added bonus of REALLY pissing of Everton fans with his ‘Everton are Tragic’ rendition at one of his many trophy parades. Despite Liverpool laying fallow for a few years signing Emlyn Hughes regenerated   Us.

Who knows what Everton’s trajectory would have been if they’d have kept Ball?
Emlyn is a saint.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33654 on: July 18, 2023, 10:28:39 pm »
Emlyn is a saint.

Time for your daily ‘Everton are Shite’ mantra? :D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33655 on: July 18, 2023, 11:54:47 pm »
20 year old Alan Ball and teenage Emlyn Hughes in the same Blackpool team must have brought the energy, Ball's transfer must have been a huge part of their relegation in 1967.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33656 on: July 19, 2023, 12:38:02 am »
20 year old Alan Ball and teenage Emlyn Hughes in the same Blackpool team must have brought the energy, Ball's transfer must have been a huge part of their relegation in 1967.
And some squeeky interviews as well
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #33657 on: July 19, 2023, 12:41:53 am »
… is it true what Shankly said you’re worth fuck all
Oh Alan Ball.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33658 on: July 19, 2023, 01:01:15 am »
Mentions of Alan Ball reminds me of the time when he Was Man City manager in the 95/96 season, we played City twice in 3 days one match in the league cup, the other in the league, & we scored 10 goals against them [won 4-0 in the cup & 6-0 in the league] by god City were shit back then. ;D

Come last match of the season, City were in a 3 way relegation fight with Coventry & Southampton all level on points but Southampton & Coventry had better goal difference Coventry, so City needed to ton & hope Coventry & Southampton don't win, City were at home to Liverpool, & we went 2-0 up at halftime, however City pulled it back to 2-2 in the 78th minute.

A few minutes before fulltime, someone gave out a score that Southampton were losing, so City only needed the draw to stay up, cue instructions from the City bench to the City players to sit back & hold on to 2-2, however it was false info Southampton were drawing, so cue panicking City bence shouting at the City players they still needed another goal, but it was too late for City, the match finished 2-2 & City were relegated ;D
#Sausages

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #33659 on: July 19, 2023, 04:25:03 am »

Come last match of the season, City were in a 3 way relegation fight with Coventry & Southampton all level on points but Southampton & Coventry had better goal difference Coventry, so City needed to ton & hope Coventry & Southampton don't win, City were at home to Liverpool, & we went 2-0 up at halftime, however City pulled it back to 2-2 in the 78th minute.

A few minutes before fulltime, someone gave out a score that Southampton were losing, so City only needed the draw to stay up, cue instructions from the City bench to the City players to sit back & hold on to 2-2, however it was false info Southampton were drawing, so cue panicking City bence shouting at the City players they still needed another goal, but it was too late for City, the match finished 2-2 & City were relegated ;D

I still remember Steve Lomas keeping the ball near the corner flag thinking that's all he had to do because City was safe. ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #33660 on: July 19, 2023, 04:50:56 am »
Absolutely.

Two genuine close friends who are blues who are some of the best people I know.
All other friends from Uni are reds and I spent over twenty years living in the city from my days at uni.

A mate of mine has a nephew that's a bluenose and again, a great lad and none of them get into blaming Liverpool or any of that crap. That's possibly because they are well adjusted lads who've not let the RS become the only important thing in football.

By and large the random blues I've met outside of my friends are absolute gobshites. Yes there are more unhinged versions of them online, but if you've been been towards the anny road at the derby in the last 20 years. This "minority" myth is just that. A myth.

Older and more knowledgeable reds than me say they did have a great side in 85 and if Heysel hadn't have happened they'd have been in the European cup and been in with a decent shout.

That being said that side went on to get 4 less points the following season and not win their domestic league.

Shot their load in the fa cup final after going one nil up in the first half and lost to sixth place Chelsea in the league cup, a point that effectively ends their argument that they'd walk the European Cup in 86.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33661 on: July 19, 2023, 06:43:38 am »
Time for your daily ‘Everton are Shite’ mantra? :D
It's back a page or two lad

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33662 on: July 19, 2023, 07:27:18 am »
I still remember Steve Lomas keeping the ball near the corner flag thinking that's all he had to do because City was safe. ;D

A substituted Niall Quinn belatedly legging it down the touchline to tell them they actually needed to score. :lmao

City were far more enjoyable back then.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #33663 on: July 19, 2023, 07:55:21 am »
A substituted Niall Quinn belatedly legging it down the touchline to tell them they actually needed to score. :lmao

Their bench having a collective breakdown.  :lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33664 on: July 19, 2023, 08:44:09 am »

If we're honest they ceased to be Manchester City a long time ago.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33665 on: July 19, 2023, 09:16:05 am »
If we're honest they ceased to be Manchester City a long time ago.
No such club anymore.
Just despotic state regime using the name.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33666 on: July 19, 2023, 09:31:39 am »

City were a comedy club back then, City were that inept even their own fans used to laugh at them.

Remember City paying £3 million for Lee Bradbury [when £3 million was quite a lot of money back then] which turned out to be another one of City's disastrous expensive signings, left a year later after City were relegated to division 2 now league 1. :lmao.
#Sausages

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33667 on: July 19, 2023, 11:35:43 am »
On the subject of City the Bitters seem to have two main legends which have resulted in their downfall - nothing to do with them of course.

As you would expect one is Heysel, the second myth is Sheikh Mansour turning to City as Boys Pen Bill would only sell to Abu Dhabi as long as he stayed on as Chairman. Whilst there may be a kernel of truth in any astute tyrant realising Bill is a prime bullshitter the more truthful reason is that City had hit the jackpot with a new stadium, plenty of land around to redevelop and proximity to Manchester Airport.

But when have they ever allowed facts to get in the way of their class A conspiracy theories?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33668 on: July 19, 2023, 11:44:18 am »
On the subject of City the Bitters seem to have two main legends which have resulted in their downfall - nothing to do with them of course.

As you would expect one is Heysel, the second myth is Sheikh Mansour turning to City as Boys Pen Bill would only sell to Abu Dhabi as long as he stayed on as Chairman. Whilst there may be a kernel of truth in any astute tyrant realising Bill is a prime bullshitter the more truthful reason is that City had hit the jackpot with a new stadium, plenty of land around to redevelop and proximity to Manchester Airport.

But when have they ever allowed facts to get in the way of their class A conspiracy theories?

Add in having Manchester in the name, links nicely to Manchester United, most people in the UK don't know Everton is a district in Liverpool, so their name means nothing.

Mansoor has been like Bob the Builder, lashing up expensive apartment blocks all over the City centre
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33669 on: July 19, 2023, 12:26:27 pm »

They constantly whinge about Heysel, like they were the only club that were affected by the ban after it, also forget what went on before that, were you had at least a decade of fans of other English clubs rampaging & fighting through other European cities, the European ban for English clubs was bound to happen sooner or later.

They also forget Southall did his ankle ligaments March 86, & was out for the rest of that season, [he was the best keeper around at that time], their no guarantee they would have won the european cup, regardless what they say, looking at the quarter final line up from that season, it was Steaua București, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, IFK Gothenburg, FC Kuusysi, & Aberdeen
#Sausages

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33670 on: July 19, 2023, 12:30:56 pm »
They constantly whinge about Heysel, like they were the only club that were affected by the ban after it, also forget what went on before that, were you had at least a decade of fans of other English clubs rampaging & fighting through other European cities, the European ban for English clubs was bound to happen sooner or later.

They also forget Southall did his ankle ligaments March 86, & was out for the rest of that season, [he was the best keeper around at that time], their no guarantee they would have won the european cup, regardless what they say, looking at the quarter final line up from that season, it was Steaua București, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, IFK Gothenburg, FC Kuusysi, & Aberdeen
A lot of football fans at that time were just hooligans, from most clubs. Every international tournament we would see England fans getting water cannoned etc, I suppose they were just the Liverpool fans who followed England tho.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33671 on: July 19, 2023, 12:35:05 pm »
A lot of football fans at that time were just hooligans, from most clubs. Every international tournament we would see England fans getting water cannoned etc, I suppose they were just the Liverpool fans who followed England tho.

Not just England but Leeds, United, Tottenham - those Scousers certainly got around Europe.

A brief snapshot of British clubs in 1977

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/16/manchester-united-st-etienne-plymouth-riot-cup-winners-cup

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33672 on: July 19, 2023, 03:06:29 pm »
They constantly whinge about Heysel, like they were the only club that were affected by the ban after it, also forget what went on before that, were you had at least a decade of fans of other English clubs rampaging & fighting through other European cities, the European ban for English clubs was bound to happen sooner or later...
They forget that Liverpool were the club that suffered most from the ban, and Liverpool Football Club did nothing at all wrong. The club voiced concerns about the crumbling stadium long before the final took place. UEFA, in their infinite wisdom, dismissed all concerns, just like they always do.

Bitters forget the appalling role large sections of the Juventus support played that night too.

They also conveniently forget that English football fans were the pariahs of Europe in the 70s and 80s. The national team was followed by thousands of self confessed thugs who prided themselves on the carnage they caused. At home, Man United fans were destroying small towns as they descended on them like violent, pillaging locusts in their Bay City Rollers outfits. Most clubs had pretty vicious hooligan groups and no one was safe at games.

Go to any big book store and you'll see book after book written by ageing thugs reminiscing with pride over their violent thuggery at football matches up and down the country.

They forget that to this day in the hooligan fraternity Liverpool are said to not even have a firm, whilst Everton are lauded for their viciousness. They are forever bragging over their thuggery at Millwall recently, for instance.

They forget that Thatcher hated the working class and she hated their sport of choice. She despised England following thugs who shamed the country and she vowed to smash them and their ilk. Heysel was grotesque, but it was not an isolated incident. Man United 'fans' had already killed two Middlesbrough fans and a Palace fan. Everton had already carved up Jobe Henry and ended his boxing career. Fans of pretty much every club had, at some time or place, given their rivals a hiding in or around grounds, city centres or service stations.

The ban in 1985 came as a result of Heysel being the final straw. If it wasn't Heysel it would have been something else not long afterwards. Thatcher wanted to take the game down a peg. The working class who followed it down a peg too. That's what the ban was all about. If it was a Liverpool problem only Liverpool would have been banned. Facts are, everyone who went on marauding around at home and abroad back then have blood on their hands. They also blood on their hands over Hillsborough too, because if it wasn't for those people, ordinary football fans would never have been herded like cattle into pens with fences around with no escape.

I don't expect Bitters to comprehend the reality of the situation. I don't expect them to have perspective and honesty anymore. They'll just go with whatever fits their tragically pathetic agenda. You simply cannot help some people.

The truth is there. The bigger picture is there. But many choose or refuse to see it.

All you clowns writing books glorying in your 70s and 80s hooligan exploits, you all played a part. You are all part of the reason why English clubs were banned. Simply put, you couldn't behave in a civilised manner and it eventually caught up with us all. You all brag about your thuggery and how great your firm was, then wash your hands of any responsibility when the inevitable eventually happens.

Everton? Well I still see many of them online bragging about their 'firm' and how 'evil' it is. Dinosaurs stuck in a previous century. Funny how the very same people then go on about Heysel and how we are supposed to be violent thugs though, then in another breath slag us off saying we haven't got a firm and are actually just tourists at a theme park.  :duh

Edit:

For the record. I don't think Everton should have been banned from Europe. Liverpool shouldn't have been either, nor any other club. English fans should have been banned, not the clubs. The clubs were not at fault. Oh, Juventus fans should also have been banned from Europe for at least a season for their disgraceful behaviour at Heysel.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 03:13:12 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33673 on: July 19, 2023, 03:09:16 pm »
In the Anny Road thread, I stated that it looked too narrow around the ground

And stwey17 replied that it was ok and then posted the plans, might be going soft, but looks to me like the stadium is bigger than the drawing?

The plans are below, don't want to hijack the Annie Road thread much more with BMD stuff and I don't have much interest in sticking up for Everton, but there wouldn't be a 50k capacity stadium approved in 2023 without sufficient space for safe movement of crowds, and of course, there is space for car parks and tv stuff.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33674 on: July 19, 2023, 03:27:45 pm »
They forget that Liverpool were the club that suffered most from the ban, and Liverpool Football Club did nothing at all wrong. The club voiced concerns about the crumbling stadium long before the final took place. UEFA, in their infinite wisdom, dismissed all concerns, just like they always do.

Bitters forget the appalling role large sections of the Juventus support played that night too.

They also conveniently forget that English football fans were the pariahs of Europe in the 70s and 80s. The national team was followed by thousands of self confessed thugs who prided themselves on the carnage they caused. At home, Man United fans were destroying small towns as they descended on them like violent, pillaging locusts in their Bay City Rollers outfits. Most clubs had pretty vicious hooligan groups and no one was safe at games.

Go to any big book store and you'll see book after book written by ageing thugs reminiscing with pride over their violent thuggery at football matches up and down the country.

They forget that to this day in the hooligan fraternity Liverpool are said to not even have a firm, whilst Everton are lauded for their viciousness. They are forever bragging over their thuggery at Millwall recently, for instance.

They forget that Thatcher hated the working class and she hated their sport of choice. She despised England following thugs who shamed the country and she vowed to smash them and their ilk. Heysel was grotesque, but it was not an isolated incident. Man United 'fans' had already killed two Middlesbrough fans and a Palace fan. Everton had already carved up Jobe Henry and ended his boxing career. Fans of pretty much every club had, at some time or place, given their rivals a hiding in or around grounds, city centres or service stations.

The ban in 1985 came as a result of Heysel being the final straw. If it wasn't Heysel it would have been something else not long afterwards. Thatcher wanted to take the game down a peg. The working class who followed it down a peg too. That's what the ban was all about. If it was a Liverpool problem only Liverpool would have been banned. Facts are, everyone who went on marauding around at home and abroad back then have blood on their hands. They also blood on their hands over Hillsborough too, because if it wasn't for those people, ordinary football fans would never have been herded like cattle into pens with fences around with no escape.

I don't expect Bitters to comprehend the reality of the situation. I don't expect them to have perspective and honesty anymore. They'll just go with whatever fits their tragically pathetic agenda. You simply cannot help some people.

The truth is there. The bigger picture is there. But many choose or refuse to see it.

All you clowns writing books glorying in your 70s and 80s hooligan exploits, you all played a part. You are all part of the reason why English clubs were banned. Simply put, you couldn't behave in a civilised manner and it eventually caught up with us all. You all brag about your thuggery and how great your firm was, then wash your hands of any responsibility when the inevitable eventually happens.

Everton? Well I still see many of them online bragging about their 'firm' and how 'evil' it is. Dinosaurs stuck in a previous century. Funny how the very same people then go on about Heysel and how we are supposed to be violent thugs though, then in another breath slag us off saying we haven't got a firm and are actually just tourists at a theme park.  :duh

Edit:

For the record. I don't think Everton should have been banned from Europe. Liverpool shouldn't have been either, nor any other club. English fans should have been banned, not the clubs. The clubs were not at fault. Oh, Juventus fans should also have been banned from Europe for at least a season for their disgraceful behaviour at Heysel.

Yes,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scally-Confessions-Category-Football-Hooligan/dp/1903854253
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33675 on: July 19, 2023, 03:30:52 pm »

And stwey17 replied that it was ok and then posted the plans, might be going soft, but looks to me like the stadium is bigger than the drawing?

Could be the angle of the photo. Or the drawing isn’t actually to scale.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33676 on: July 19, 2023, 03:32:37 pm »
^
^
I saw that knob in his sports memorabilia shop in Mold, North Wales.

Still making money out of LFC whilst 'hating' us.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #33677 on: July 19, 2023, 03:33:46 pm »

Is the family stand the one for throwing kids?
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #33678 on: July 19, 2023, 03:41:44 pm »

Edit:

You get the feeling that Heysel being a stick to beat the 'RS' with plays as much of a part as any genuine belief they were robbed of a chance to join the ranks of the immortals.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33679 on: July 19, 2023, 03:53:24 pm »
Add in having Manchester in the name, links nicely to Manchester United, most people in the UK don't know Everton is a district in Liverpool, so their name means nothing.

Mansoor has been like Bob the Builder, lashing up expensive apartment blocks all over the City centre

Sheikh Mansor, can he fix it?

Erm, probably.