Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 137188 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #2800 on: September 21, 2023, 12:55:12 pm »
Which fast food restaurant has the best chips? 

George's chippy by Anfield. Think it was/is on Priory Road.

Amazing chips back in the day (1980's).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2801 on: September 21, 2023, 01:32:31 pm »
Only if I’d ordered the fillet o’fish.
Fillet o'fish is great.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2802 on: September 21, 2023, 01:35:17 pm »
George's chippy by Anfield. Think it was/is on Priory Road.

Amazing chips back in the day (1980's).

What's unpopular about that comment?

Over the last few days this thread has appeared to shift into a food thread with virtually nothing unpopular or controversial at all. Where do we go to hear grumpy people mouth off when your threads are taken over by talk of chips and chippies.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 01:53:22 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2803 on: September 21, 2023, 01:37:54 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2804 on: September 21, 2023, 02:13:27 pm »
;D

She went easy on me there! At least it wasn’t Gareth!

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: September 21, 2023, 02:24:26 pm »

Over the last few days this thread has appeared to shift into a food thread with virtually nothing unpopular or controversial at all. Where do we go to hear grumpy people mouth off when your threads are taken over by talk of chips and chippies.

Apologies

Unpopular opinion: the food scene in Liverpool is absolutely dire. In my experience there's a handful of good to very good restaurants across the entire city. It's full of chains and, in general, unimaginative or just not very good independent restaurants. Selling large portions of food is not the epitome of a good restaurant and that seems to be the adage of most places.

In my experience Liverpool's culinary options are poorer then many smaller towns or rural areas that have a fraction of restaurants and footfall. It's been similar for the last 20-30 years as well.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2806 on: September 21, 2023, 02:24:37 pm »
Is it an unpopular opinion to say that Slough is a great place to live?
Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2807 on: September 21, 2023, 02:25:52 pm »
I've never met anyone in the States that kept chip fat in the fridge.
I got proper told off for keeping chip fat in the fridge

Mind you chip fat was the name of our cat, like
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: September 21, 2023, 02:49:07 pm »
Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow...

I don't think you solve town planning problems by dropping bombs all over the place.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2809 on: September 21, 2023, 02:53:03 pm »
I don't think you solve town planning problems by dropping bombs all over the place.
How about just on the town planners?

We can leave the normal resident alone, after all:

It's not their fault they do not know
The birdsong from the radio,
It's not their fault they often go
To Maidenhead

And talk of sport and makes of cars
In various bogus-Tudor bars
And daren't look up and see the stars
But belch instead...

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #2810 on: September 21, 2023, 03:57:24 pm »

Transfer thread …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: September 21, 2023, 04:12:09 pm »
Transfer thread …

Food opinions in the Unpopular Opinion thread

Unpopular Opinions in the Transfer thread

Just need to add some transfer news to a food thread

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2812 on: September 22, 2023, 05:37:12 pm »
Is it an unpopular opinion to say that Slough is a great place to live?
I think “totally incorrect” is the best response
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2813 on: September 22, 2023, 10:11:17 pm »
The Stone Roses.

I think their 2nd album Second Coming is better than their debut.

The debut album i only like I wanna Be adored, She bangs The Drums, Waterfall and I am The Resurrection, the rest of the songs on it i find a bit meh.

The Second Coming, Majority of the songs on it are belters it's their best album.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: September 23, 2023, 01:04:36 am »
The Stone Roses.

The debut album i only like I wanna Be adored, She bangs The Drums, Waterfall and I am The Resurrection, the rest of the songs on it i find a bit meh.

The Second Coming, Majority of the songs on it are belters it's their best album.
I never got the Stone Roses, it felt like I'd heard their stuff before in another form but then I am an old bastard
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: September 23, 2023, 01:05:51 am »
Transfer thread …
That's dead now, I assume those who inhabited that for the summer will be heading over hear soon, I have (but then I never really moaned in the transfer thread)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: September 23, 2023, 10:25:39 am »
That's dead now, I assume those who inhabited that for the summer will be heading over hear soon, I have (but then I never really moaned in the transfer thread)

Nah, they're in the player threads spouting their knowledge.......................
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2817 on: September 23, 2023, 10:49:04 am »
The Stone Roses.

I seriously loved first album when it came out, loved the Roses full stop. I was 17/18 and a total pot/trip-head.

Thought the second album was pretty wank, even though I so wanted to love it and recapture that sense of the crazy 89-91 period.

As the years have gone on, it's got clear to me that the first album was very much 'of its time', and hasn't stood up well at all. I put it on occasionally and am underwhelmed.

I'm the same with Oasis.

My probably unpopular opinion is that neither's music has stood the test of time.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2818 on: September 23, 2023, 10:58:49 am »
Pretty valid Nobby. I used to listen to both a lot in my school and uni days. Haven’t really actively sought out either to listen to in a long time.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: September 23, 2023, 11:36:11 am »
Pretty valid Nobby. I used to listen to both a lot in my school and uni days. Haven’t really actively sought out either to listen to in a long time.

I think both The Stone Roses and Definitely Maybe are great, but both had their status elevated by being in a 'movement' 

Everything Oasis or a Gallagher did post Morning Glory is pretty shit
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2820 on: September 23, 2023, 11:58:01 am »
I think both The Stone Roses and Definitely Maybe are great, but both had their status elevated by being in a 'movement' 

Everything Oasis or a Gallagher did post Morning Glory is pretty shit

That’s also probably fair. I think if I listened to it again in full I’d like it. I’ve definitely (maybe) had opinion shaped by mainly Noel being such a twat with his City comments in recent times.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: September 23, 2023, 12:13:02 pm »
That’s also probably fair. I think if I listened to it again in full I’d like it. I’ve definitely (maybe) had opinion shaped by mainly Noel being such a twat with his City comments in recent times.

as much as I hate city, I dont mind the Gallagher's from a footy perspective, both are respectful regarding Hillsborough and their Hero is a scouser

They were born city fans, its not their fault, the Manc twats.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: September 23, 2023, 04:57:49 pm »
The Stone Roses.

Debut is very, VERY good but I'm with you.  I loved the much heavier Second Coming.

From Atlanta, Georgia
to Longsight, Manchestehhhh

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2823 on: September 23, 2023, 06:55:00 pm »
Tiktok should be banned.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #2824 on: September 23, 2023, 10:08:44 pm »
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: September 23, 2023, 10:11:39 pm »
The last of us 2 is superior to the first one.
No time for caution.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: September 24, 2023, 11:30:53 am »
Nah, the first Stone Roses album is pretty much wall to wall fantastic, apart from Elizabeth My Dear which makes more sense conceptually, in the same way Fitter Happier does on OK Computer.

Second Coming has a few clunkers (notably Straight to the Man and Good Times), the best songs go on for too long and some of the others start with a hook and then meander away into dull noodling. Brown's vocals are noticeably worse too. It's still a decent album with some great moments, but nowhere near their debut or the Led Zep albums Squire was trying to copy.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2827 on: September 24, 2023, 03:34:20 pm »
Nah, the first Stone Roses album is pretty much wall to wall fantastic, apart from Elizabeth My Dear which makes more sense conceptually, in the same way Fitter Happier does on OK Computer.

Second Coming has a few clunkers (notably Straight to the Man and Good Times), the best songs go on for too long and some of the others start with a hook and then meander away into dull noodling. Brown's vocals are noticeably worse too. It's still a decent album with some great moments, but nowhere near their debut or the Led Zep albums Squire was trying to copy.

Agreed, the Stone Roses first album is one of the best albums released, i can listen to the whole album without skipping a track, even the b side songs from the singles are good as well, but second coming has it's moments but nowhere near as good, it didn't help The Stone Roses split during that second album, largely due to a moron of a manager who wrecked that band through idiotic deals.
#Sausages

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: October 12, 2023, 01:37:15 pm »
Michael Jackson was the most overrated popstar in history.

He was nothing without Quincy Jones.

Everything after Bad (which was pretty average anyway) was nothing but self-indulgent shite.

His records should be boycotted by TV & radio in the same way Garry Glitter's are, because Jackson was an evil nonce.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: October 12, 2023, 01:38:05 pm »
Fred Again is shite.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2830 on: October 12, 2023, 01:39:12 pm »
Wes Anderson films are bad

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: October 12, 2023, 01:39:40 pm »

Everything after Bad (which was pretty average anyway) was nothing but self-indulgent shite.

His records should be boycotted by TV & radio in the same way Garry Glitter's are, because Jackson was an evil nonce.
I don't have much of an opinion about his music, but you've neatly boxed in anyone who wants to to disagree with the first 3 sentences by adding the last one.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: October 12, 2023, 02:25:41 pm »
Fred Again is shite.

Agree

Dreadful "vanilla" "dance-music"
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: October 12, 2023, 03:19:48 pm »

They won't be because even though he was almost certainly guilty, he was never found guilty so there's an element of deniability. I actually think that, much like James Brown, Elvis or Madonna, Jackson is very underrated as a musical figure because he never played an instrument. Spectacular voice (listen to his cover of Ain't No Sunshine), one of if not the greatest dancer in pop history and very underrated as both a writer and co-producer.

Most of his biggest solo hits, including Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Beat It, Billie Jean and most of Bad were written solely by Jackson. I could go into more detail production wise, but Off the Wall is very much a Quincy Jones album, their work on Thriller is about equal and Bad is very much a Michael Jackson production. You can hear their individual styles in the stuff they did separately in that era - Jones on We Are the World or George Benson's Give me the Night and Jacko's on Diana Ross's Muscles or Rebbie Jackson's Centipede for example.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2834 on: October 12, 2023, 03:27:51 pm »
If aliens fired London off into space never to be seen again, no one would miss it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: October 12, 2023, 03:44:38 pm »
If aliens fired London off into space never to be seen again, no one would miss it.
I feel that way about some countries. The ones run by fucking cave men.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2836 on: October 12, 2023, 03:47:27 pm »
I feel that way about some countries. The ones run by fucking cave men.

Good job we ditched the albino Neanderthal

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2837 on: October 12, 2023, 04:28:06 pm »

Would no one miss me? :(

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2838 on: October 12, 2023, 05:17:20 pm »
Would no one miss me? :(

You would get transfamortifatrogified back to Crosby Marina with a pint
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2839 on: October 12, 2023, 07:20:41 pm »
You would get transfamortifatrogified back to Crosby Marina with a pint

Sounds alright. Crack on!