Author Topic: Nat Phillips  (Read 239346 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Nat Phillips
« Reply #1720 on: May 8, 2021, 10:53:06 pm »
Man o match again .guys a legend.klopp fuck up not starting him ages ago ..

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1721 on: May 8, 2021, 11:15:19 pm »
Seemingly he's in 3 grand a week .and we're paying keita 100.grand wtf.triple his wages now

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: May 8, 2021, 11:17:27 pm »
Seemingly he's in 3 grand a week .and we're paying keita 100.grand wtf.triple his wages now

Or pay Keita less.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1723 on: May 8, 2021, 11:18:26 pm »
Thought he was MOM today. Not refined and elegant like Virg. But I would want him in the squad all day long.. sort his attacking headers out and we are fearsome from set-pieces.

I think his mentality and will to win, and just to defend, has been vital to us in the games he's played and missed in the ones he hasn't. Especially with what we lose from losing Fabinho to the midfield for him to have to cover.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1724 on: May 8, 2021, 11:21:04 pm »
I think his mentality and will to win, and just to defend, has been vital to us in the games he's played and missed in the ones he hasn't. Especially with what we lose from losing Fabinho to the midfield for him to have to cover.

Agree with that, but he makes three or four schoolboy errors per game. Which is understandable because in terms of experience he is 24 going on 18 or 19.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1725 on: May 8, 2021, 11:21:12 pm »
Or pay Keita less.
more like give keita wages to nat and vice versa

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: May 8, 2021, 11:23:36 pm »
Whatever happens in regards to his long-term future, this has been a career-changing season for him.

I'd be more than happy to keep him here, it looks like we'll sign a CB as well so he'd be a very useful option to have around while VVD and Gomez work their way back. He's a great example to any player on the periphery who might have been written off at this level - he's unexpectedly been given a huge opportunity this season and he's grabbed it with both hands.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: May 8, 2021, 11:27:14 pm »
Give the guy decent contract and a wage ..deserves it .a fast gomes or vvd behind to mop up the fast ones that get passed him. Job done

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: May 8, 2021, 11:28:00 pm »
Agree with that, but he makes three or four schoolboy errors per game. Which is understandable because in terms of experience he is 24 going on 18 or 19.

Yeah I think he has a bit of a cult status and there is a lot of romanticism about him as he’s clearly a great lad, honest and giving it his all but he shouldn’t be near the first team next season regularly if we want to be challenging for the league. Few times today he came out pressing towards wing just completely abandoning his space ... he often loses flight of the ball as well.

I think there is an argument that longer term our set up isn’t suited to him either so for him to get best out of his abilities, needs to find a set up suited to his game.

He’s done brilliantly, but rose tinted glasses off he’s not a long term solution.

Would love him to score this season though.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1729 on: May 8, 2021, 11:34:18 pm »
Yeah I think he has a bit of a cult status and there is a lot of romanticism about him as he’s clearly a great lad, honest and giving it his all but he shouldn’t be near the first team next season regularly if we want to be challenging for the league. Few times today he came out pressing towards wing just completely abandoning his space ... he often loses flight of the ball as well.

I think there is an argument that longer term our set up isn’t suited to him either so for him to get best out of his abilities, needs to find a set up suited to his game.

He’s done brilliantly, but rose tinted glasses off he’s not a long term solution.

Would love him to score this season though.

Yeah, I remember that instance he lost a challenge and Trent was covering but instead of leaving it to Trent and getting back in to position he just charged at the Southampton player and got passed around.

Probably the worst example though was early on when he charged in to midfield and tried to close Walcott down. He arrived late and gave away an inevitable free kick.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: May 8, 2021, 11:37:59 pm »
Brilliant yet again, this guy should be staying next season as we cannot rely on Matip.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1731 on: May 8, 2021, 11:41:47 pm »
Had a good game today and was very good in the air.
#JFT97

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: May 8, 2021, 11:48:13 pm »
He’s doing the best he can and performing at a higher level than I could have hoped for but we should move him on this summer when his stock is as high as it’s ever likely to be. We need the money.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: May 8, 2021, 11:50:07 pm »
He’s doing the best he can and performing at a higher level than I could have hoped for but we should move him on this summer when his stock is as high as it’s ever likely to be. We need the money.
wtf

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: May 8, 2021, 11:50:27 pm »
I'll be gutted to see him go, what a story its been seeing him go from written off to loved by the fans

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: May 8, 2021, 11:52:40 pm »
wtf

What I said was perfectly clear. Looks as if Konate is a done deal and I would rather we sell Nat to generate funds for the CM and forward we are going to need than keep him. He simply isn’t good enough to be a Liverpool player long term. He has done a great job as an emergency stop gap though.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: May 9, 2021, 12:06:54 am »
We have to keep Phillips next season, even as someone who's officially a fifth choice. After all, shouldn't we have one defender in the squad who hasn't had a long-term injury in the past 18 months? Also, 'three to four schoolboy errors' a match is ridiculous.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: May 9, 2021, 12:17:12 am »
What I said was perfectly clear. Looks as if Konate is a done deal and I would rather we sell Nat to generate funds for the CM and forward we are going to need than keep him. He simply isn’t good enough to be a Liverpool player long term. He has done a great job as an emergency stop gap though.
disagree he deserves to stay ..

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: May 9, 2021, 12:21:57 am »
We have to keep Phillips next season, even as someone who's officially a fifth choice. After all, shouldn't we have one defender in the squad who hasn't had a long-term injury in the past 18 months? Also, 'three to four schoolboy errors' a match is ridiculous.

It is, but given the poster, hyperbole is to be expected.
If he is happy to take the role, then hopefully he will be here next season.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1739 on: May 9, 2021, 12:29:44 am »
Mad that people are saying a centre back was man of the match when our goalkeeper made 6 saves plus another sliding tackle save on top of that and intercepted two opportunities by coming off his line. He's got cult hero status but Kabak wasn't there to cover for his mistakes (and he get's slated for a lot less), he's done well but there's some going way overboard here. Like john for eg who uses 90% of the player threads to praise a player to shit on another
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1740 on: May 9, 2021, 01:11:24 am »

Shall we re-consider Allison then, if Nat had played the ball that Allison played you'd have been slaughtering him, likewise Mo is making more errors at the other end these days than Nat is at the back. If every stray midfield ball, missed chance, poor last pass, poor corner or poor cross has the same criticism as Nat's failings we'd be shedding half the squad at the end of this season.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: May 9, 2021, 01:13:11 am »

We keep him, even if it's bolstering up the defence for the last 10 minutes of crosses or being on the end of all our wasted crosses at the other end, he's part of the squad now. He is our Klavan.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: May 9, 2021, 01:14:49 am »
Probably the worst example though was early on when he charged in to midfield and tried to close Walcott down. He arrived late and gave away an inevitable free kick.

Which Fabinho does every game
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: May 9, 2021, 01:17:31 am »
Shall we re-consider Allison then, if Nat had played the ball that Allison played you'd have been slaughtering him, likewise Mo is making more errors at the other end these days than Nat is at the back. If every stray midfield ball, missed chance, poor last pass, poor corner or poor cross has the same criticism as Nat's failings we'd be shedding half the squad at the end of this season.

Al set his stall out early with Nat, even by his own standards, the faint praise and hyperbole is deafening.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1744 on: May 9, 2021, 01:27:36 am »
Al set his stall out early with Nat, even by his own standards, the faint praise and hyperbole is deafening.

As I said if you look at attitude and performing to ability then he and Mo have been our best performers by a mile.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1745 on: May 9, 2021, 02:15:34 am »
Davies and kabak being injured today show why this lad needs to stay. 5 center backs (not including Fabinho) in the squad next season please

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: May 9, 2021, 05:14:26 am »
We keep him, even if it's bolstering up the defence for the last 10 minutes of crosses or being on the end of all our wasted crosses at the other end, he's part of the squad now. He is our Klavan.

He's a very useful player. Can help us close games out, and can allow us give the big boys a breather by playing the odd cup game here and there. Shiny new signings might not perform.

Online smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #1747 on: May 9, 2021, 06:00:57 am »
Very solid. Seen him try a few more passes. Immense header. If he is happy to stay as 4th/5th choice CB id like to keep him at the club (wage bump he has earned it). I cant see both VVD and Gomez starting from game one after recovering from those injuries... and with way Klopp beds in players would Konate start day 1?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: May 9, 2021, 07:58:20 am »

He does make some mistakes but then so does Fabinho playing there.  We just look like a defence with him there.

He reminds me a bit of an early 20s Carragher.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: May 9, 2021, 08:05:16 am »
Mad that people are saying a centre back was man of the match when our goalkeeper made 6 saves plus another sliding tackle save on top of that and intercepted two opportunities by coming off his line. He's got cult hero status but Kabak wasn't there to cover for his mistakes (and he get's slated for a lot less), he's done well but there's some going way overboard here. Like john for eg who uses 90% of the player threads to praise a player to shit on another

CB's are about partnerships as well though. How much did Van Dijk cover for Lovren?

Klopp is well aware that Phillips and Williams is not ideal which is why he's gone out of his way to not play them together. We got away with it yesterday but individually the CB's did a good job.  If we go to Old Trafford with them then Rashford, Cavani and co would  have a field day.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: May 9, 2021, 09:01:25 am »
what player have I shit on ? If you say keita .he deserves it ..

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: May 9, 2021, 10:08:49 am »
Personally I think he has earned a new contract and has proved he is a very capable back up. If we do decide to sell I doubt there will be a lack of premier league suiters.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1752 on: May 9, 2021, 10:14:49 am »
I think the club will cash in while his stock is high.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1753 on: May 9, 2021, 10:19:39 am »
Would love to see one of those headers go in.

His positioning for corners is great but his technique needs work

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: May 9, 2021, 11:12:26 am »
what player have I shit on ? If you say keita .he deserves it ..

No, he really doesn't.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: May 9, 2021, 12:29:11 pm »
I think the club will cash in while his stock is high.

I don't and certainly not if we are in the EL next season.

We should and hopefully offer him a new contract that he deserves.

Phillips was quality last night.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 12:36:11 pm by Fordy »

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1756 on: May 9, 2021, 12:36:54 pm »
Keep. Unless we get an offer that won't ever be bettered like, but I can't see it. Europa League is looking likely, and we'll need the squad for it. In the groups we'd almost certainly be entirely using squad players and Phillips is obviously up to standard if we want to rotate and go through. I'd actually give him another year on his deal as a reward for some excellent performances, I think he has two seasons left after this. Also it's possibly mean a slightly larger transfer fee down the line if we do sell.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: May 9, 2021, 12:44:16 pm »
The lad has definitely done enough to warrant a spot in the squad next season as he may not fit the ideal description of what you expect in Jurgen's backline but he has shown enough fight to say you would want him here. The likes of Gomez, Virgil and Matip will be creaking back to full fitness so god knows what will happen as they may break down. New additions will take time to root in so right now Nat should be our 5th choice CD for next season and he would probably pin me against the wall to say FU I can do better than that. We wont be making Europe next year without him right now which is a reflection on his performances.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: May 9, 2021, 01:16:50 pm »
Proved his worth yesterday by fluffing two headed chances from our set pieces. If that don’t scream out that he’s perfect for this team nothing will :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1759 on: May 9, 2021, 05:51:03 pm »
Proved his worth yesterday by fluffing two headed chances from our set pieces. If that don’t scream out that he’s perfect for this team nothing will :)
:)

I actually thought that that's been drilled into him, because he's never had such heading opportunities from a corner before. He fluffed them, sure, but he'll put them in one day. The effort was there.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."