Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1774722 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #14520 on: December 27, 2022, 05:22:47 pm »
Big difference between net spend and an owner pumping in hundreds of millions.
Certainly is, exactly! Never really understood the touchiness of some in the threads on here getting het up that people might think Nunez cost a lot of money. Even had conspiracy theories about the way the media reported fees (which were hilariously disproved dozens of times)

As I don't go on arsenal forums, I have no idea if there’s the equivalent couple Liverpool fans who did the same there, if they did, then I hope they too get called out on it!

Like I said - it’s funny how touchy they are.
I meant some of on our fans on here. Some were in some kind of het up desire to shout down suggestions that 64 up to 85 mil pounds was not big money.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #14521 on: December 27, 2022, 05:24:40 pm »
The issue is, Arsenal’s squad simply isn’t ‘fixed,’ in the same way it never has been, in the same way ours never has been prior to the Klopp era, because there are bigger, wealthier fish who will tempt players away.

News sounds good for Saka signing a new deal - he has 18 months left - but it wouldn’t surprise me if he waits to see if City steamroller Arsenal before committing. Saliba too, has 18 months and if Real Madrid or PSG come calling he’ll likely be off. Generally the contracts at Arsenal are in a fairly healthy position, but the literal two most important players outside of Odegaard are both likely still weighing up their options. They need to chuck money at these two in the way they did Aubameyang because they cannot afford for them to leave.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14523 on: December 27, 2022, 06:11:28 pm »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #14524 on: December 27, 2022, 06:50:19 pm »
I'm not surprised.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14525 on: December 27, 2022, 07:29:56 pm »
Not that much to be smug about here I think...

Nicolas Pépé    19/20       €80m
Aubameyang     17/18       €64m
Ben White          21/22       €58.5m
Lacazette          17/18        €53m
Jesus                 22/23       €52m
Thomas Partey  20/21       €50m

Careful, they get a bit bent out of shape when you mention certain players
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14526 on: December 28, 2022, 07:10:28 am »
Have people been in a coma with TNB? This is his posting style the last 10 years, only difference is we are starting to win games of football more regularly now.

Big difference between net spend and an owner pumping in hundreds of millions.

We don't know how much the owner has put in, and we don't know to what form. He hadnt invested anything up to the Pandemic, then he restructured the stadium debt so we paid him rather than the banks.

Then they've allowed us to invest to improve the team while absorbing losses over the Pandemic seasons, while also trying to cut our cloth and keeping us sustainable a bit by reducing the wage bill. Our finances should return to normal levels with European football this season, and be even better if we secure Champions League next season.

Not that much to be smug about here I think...

Nicolas Pépé    19/20       €80m
Aubameyang     17/18       €64m
Ben White          21/22       €58.5m
Lacazette          17/18        €53m
Jesus                 22/23       €52m
Thomas Partey  20/21       €50m

Im not being smug. Don't get the point including players from 5 years ago and that are no longer with us, what I am is happy with the signings over the last couple of seasons that have helped improve performance, not smug.

Careful, they get a bit bent out of shape when you mention certain players

Not as out of shape you get when certain players aren't mentioned.   ;)

The issue is, Arsenal’s squad simply isn’t ‘fixed,’ in the same way it never has been, in the same way ours never has been prior to the Klopp era, because there are bigger, wealthier fish who will tempt players away.

News sounds good for Saka signing a new deal - he has 18 months left - but it wouldn’t surprise me if he waits to see if City steamroller Arsenal before committing. Saliba too, has 18 months and if Real Madrid or PSG come calling he’ll likely be off. Generally the contracts at Arsenal are in a fairly healthy position, but the literal two most important players outside of Odegaard are both likely still weighing up their options. They need to chuck money at these two in the way they did Aubameyang because they cannot afford for them to leave.

Saka and Martinelli contracts are all but agreed supposedly. The Saliba contract will be the most tricky one.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 07:16:41 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14527 on: December 28, 2022, 09:28:10 am »
Chelsea in for Enzo.

So they spent £250m in the summer.

Nkunku £60m, Enzo £100m and the Monaco defender £35m

Nearly £450m spent in 6 months for a team who naturally make big losses.

How is this possible?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14528 on: December 28, 2022, 09:40:46 am »
Chelsea in for Enzo.

How is this possible?

I wonder if the group that bought them secured a bit more funding than just the purchase price, with an aim of cementing them as a top side and growing their investment? I still believe they are pretty much front loading their purchases.

To be fair despite their spending, midfield is a weak area for them so it makes sense they are going for Fernandez. However, in hindsight the likes of Sterling seem a poor signing especially of the business they have done since and are still linked to.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14529 on: December 28, 2022, 09:55:34 am »
I wonder if the group that bought them secured a bit more funding than just the purchase price, with an aim of cementing them as a top side and growing their investment? I still believe they are pretty much front loading their purchases.

To be fair despite their spending, midfield is a weak area for them so it makes sense they are going for Fernandez. However, in hindsight the likes of Sterling seem a poor signing especially of the business they have done since and are still linked to.

£1.75bn over 10 years but they needed a significant amount for a stadium revamp, training facilities. So that explains how they have the money. But spending that amount is going to hurt them at a later date.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #14530 on: December 28, 2022, 11:36:31 am »
And if we crash and burn and end up winning nothing. Guess who’ll be here rolling with the punches. Scottish goon.

I’ll be off skiing.

I actually laughed, old but good reference
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14531 on: December 28, 2022, 11:52:41 am »
Chelsea in for Enzo.

How is this possible?

They’re actually outspending abramovich. When they took over the rumour was they had like 700m to spend on players  across 10 years. They’re using it all up now, and from their point of view they need to because as things stand I don’t see them getting CL football next season but they’re splashing out ridiculous money to make sure they don’t drop out.
Not a word about it in the media, Arsenal 380m in 3 years had its own section on sky sports news.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14532 on: December 28, 2022, 03:38:22 pm »
Chelsea in for Enzo.

How is this possible?

They are desperately trying to stay in the top 4. They have already fucked up big with Kepa, Pulisic, Werner and Lukaku, despite the massive price tag Havertz, Chilwell and Koulibaly are nothing special, while Kante, Jorginho and Thiago Silva are on their way out in the summer. They are gambling big, and we might easily see the next Leeds at Chelsea ...

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14533 on: December 28, 2022, 03:53:52 pm »
We know WHY Chelsea are buyiing players...he asked HOW they are. FFP is still a thing.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14534 on: December 28, 2022, 04:29:19 pm »
We know WHY Chelsea are buyiing players...he asked HOW they are. FFP is still a thing.

We don't know how they are spreading the payments. The trouble might come a few years down the line ...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14535 on: December 29, 2022, 12:32:19 am »
I meant some of on our fans on here. Some were in some kind of het up desire to shout down suggestions that 64 up to 85 mil pounds was not big money.

Biggest issue with his fee is the way some in the media and rival fans all persist in claiming his fee was £100m when that was simply a euro approximation of the fee + addons converted from gbp.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14536 on: December 29, 2022, 08:41:36 am »
Shaktar rejecting our offer for Mudryk citing that he’s “better than Antony”

There’s Sunday league players better than Antony, are they worth a 100m too. Ridiculous line of thinking.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14537 on: December 29, 2022, 08:58:25 am »

There’s Sunday league players better than Antony, are they worth a 100m too. Ridiculous line of thinking.

Bet Mudryk can't do that rotating 360 degrees with the ball skill. I learned it's really really really difficult.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14538 on: December 29, 2022, 09:15:42 am »
Bet Mudryk can't do that rotating 360 degrees with the ball skill. I learned it's really really really difficult.

Exactly, 100m fees should be reserved for elite players who can spin on the ball while they stand still.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14539 on: December 29, 2022, 09:30:58 am »
Exactly, 100m fees should be reserved for elite players who can spin on the ball while they stand still.

How much for someone like Kerlon these days?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14540 on: December 29, 2022, 09:35:54 am »
How much for someone like Kerlon these days?

If he did the seal run against Forest..?

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #14541 on: December 29, 2022, 10:10:30 am »
They are desperately trying to stay in the top 4. They have already fucked up big with Kepa, Pulisic, Werner and Lukaku, despite the massive price tag Havertz, Chilwell and Koulibaly are nothing special, while Kante, Jorginho and Thiago Silva are on their way out in the summer. They are gambling big, and we might easily see the next Leeds at Chelsea ...

They spent badly in the summer. Massively overpaid for Cucurella, Fofana and Sterling and they dont seem to be the ideal fit into their team. What Chelsea has needed for a while is a striker or a consistent goal scorer in some form.
You'd think if they want to spend 9digits then It would be on a striker. They have some really good midfield players and even though they do need to add to it given Kante and Jorginho are 31 now, it does not seem to be the most pressing problem with them. Either way, I'd rather Enzo to Chelsea than United or City.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14542 on: December 29, 2022, 10:13:50 am »

They could have just said he's better than Pepe which would have worked out the same. On a serious note, Ukrainian clubs are assholes to deal with. I remember the whole Konoplyanka saga where their owner just wont sign the deal even after we met his buyout clause, so be prepared to be dicked around and end up with nothing.

Offline Thiago12291

• Thinks we’re a fucking mess and it’s down to Jurgen
  • Main Stander
« Reply #14543 on: December 29, 2022, 10:34:28 am »
They could have just said he's better than Pepe which would have worked out the same. On a serious note, Ukrainian clubs are assholes to deal with. I remember the whole Konoplyanka saga where their owner just wont sign the deal even after we met his buyout clause, so be prepared to be dicked around and end up with nothing.

Not sure that one individual that was a nightmare means ALL Ukrainian clubs are that way to deal with.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14544 on: December 29, 2022, 10:43:29 am »

The Shaktar president at the time(don't know if it's the same fella) was a complete arse with us when we tried to sign Alex Teixeira. One of the rumours was he didn't like selling his players to the bigger clubs so they could become stronger, and that he'd rather do deals with smaller, lesser-known clubs instead.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14545 on: December 29, 2022, 12:51:08 pm »
The Shaktar president at the time(don't know if it's the same fella) was a complete arse with us when we tried to sign Alex Teixeira. One of the rumours was he didn't like selling his players to the bigger clubs so they could become stronger, and that he'd rather do deals with smaller, lesser-known clubs instead.

Explains why Arsenal have hopes of getting the deal done then :P
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14546 on: December 29, 2022, 01:00:45 pm »
Explains why Arsenal have hopes of getting the deal done then :P

;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #14547 on: December 29, 2022, 09:50:34 pm »
City buying Perrone.

We really need to start gambling and buying talent directly from South America.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14548 on: December 29, 2022, 09:53:05 pm »
City buying Perrone.

Who dat? If he doesn’t work out for them they can just park him at one of their other clubs presumably. Easier for them to take a gamble.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #14549 on: December 29, 2022, 09:54:31 pm »
Lad at Velez who was apparently the heir apparent to Enzo at Benfica. Very little risk to signing these players for around 8 million. Either turn out great or you make your money back or profit.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14550 on: December 29, 2022, 10:01:42 pm »
Lad at Velez who was apparently the heir apparent to Enzo at Benfica. Very little risk to signing these players for around 8 million. Either turn out great or you make your money back or profit.
You mean like Carvalho and Elliott?  ;)

Any youngster will take time to settle in and make the next step though.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #14551 on: December 29, 2022, 10:03:00 pm »
Newcastle was meant to be in for him.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #14552 on: December 29, 2022, 10:11:10 pm »
You mean like Carvalho and Elliott?  ;)

Any youngster will take time to settle in and make the next step though.

Not the same thing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14553 on: December 29, 2022, 11:08:31 pm »

it’s was an impossibility for the longest time because of work permits - i.e. Liverpool could NEVER get any for these players. I guess things have changed in the last 3 or 4 years. 

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14554 on: December 29, 2022, 11:30:30 pm »
City buying Perrone.

Another good signing for them. I was hoping we could get him ...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14555 on: December 29, 2022, 11:40:01 pm »
Another good signing for them. I was hoping we could get him ...
Hope springs eternal.

It was a hell of a ride, but the dream (since yesterday) just wasn't to be ...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14556 on: December 29, 2022, 11:54:32 pm »
City buying Perrone.

How do they get visas for these players?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #14557 on: December 30, 2022, 12:06:08 am »
How do they get visas for these players?

Brexit changed the criteria and made it basically a piece of piss

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14558 on: December 30, 2022, 12:37:35 am »
"Tottenham have offered €15m for Franck Kessie. Xavi wants the player to stay, and he wants to stay as well. However, Barça need money to renew Balde, and register the renewals of Gavi and Araujo." [@Alfremartinezz]

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14559 on: December 30, 2022, 01:50:47 am »
Brexit changed the criteria and made it basically a piece of piss

Yep. Brexit increased the points value for permits on copa libertadores and sudamericana appearances. So if you find players who do well in that competition, it is easier to secure permits for them. Alvarez and Perrone both have that in their resumes. Andrey Santos who just signed for chelsea and Marquinhos at arsenal the same. I think we may be a step slower here and with the nerds leaving, I am not even sure if we have a good model to evaluate them either. I think our focus for U21 talents is still mostly in Europe because its easier for a young lad moving to Liverpool from within europe than someone from South America in order to acclimatize. Not saying we havent done any business there, we did get Pitaluga but I think we could do a whole lot more in building that up.