Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1762284 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #14480 on: December 27, 2022, 02:31:03 pm »
It’s brilliant management and punching above our weight, same as what liverpool have been doing for 5 years. This is becoming like city fans excusing their sportswashing by asking how much did van dijk cost, everyone is at it etc, muddying the waters to deflect.

;D

Yes, quite. Except you know….5 years, 16 games.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14481 on: December 27, 2022, 02:46:19 pm »
;D

Yes, quite. Except you know….5 years, 16 games.

Still early enough to have a couple of spaces on the Arteta bandwagon. You can sit next to me.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14482 on: December 27, 2022, 02:59:48 pm »
Yous have spent shitloads the last four years. Only United have spent more in terms of net spend. And yous have nowhere near the revenue they have, and haven't been in the CL since 2016. Arsenal have built a good team, but let's not act like it's all shrewd management. It's in huge part down to spending, and doesn't seem sustainable for a club who are run as a business.

If they bang another £70-80m on this fella from Shakhtar, I'll start to wonder where the money is coming from.

Mate, we were the Net Spend Champions under Wenger for years. Unfortunately in the end that meant nothing as we watched first Chelsea then City spend hundreds of millions of pounds and overtake us and win those big shiny things instead of us.

Even when we started spending at the end under Wenger and after him we spent poor.

At least when we are spending we are now doing it to some sort of a plan. Even then we would have broke even last season if we had European football.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14483 on: December 27, 2022, 03:06:46 pm »
These 2 Arsenal fans’ touchiness about their spending is hilarious. 

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14484 on: December 27, 2022, 03:07:31 pm »

:D It's brilliant.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14485 on: December 27, 2022, 03:09:20 pm »

Our results can’t be questioned, nor our style of play. The battle is on in the bank accounts.

We will keep spending (hopefully). We are still 4 top players away from having a squad that can challenge long term with city/Liverpool. We have fixed our first 11 brilliantly but the process still has a few windows to run.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 03:11:02 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14486 on: December 27, 2022, 03:11:11 pm »
:D It's brilliant.

you think they’d just enjoy the ride, but nope, more important to spend inordinate amounts of time on a Liverpool forum, either trying to turn every conversation towards Arsenal, or getting all wound up when someone points out a few home truths  ;D

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14487 on: December 27, 2022, 03:11:47 pm »

Nothing touchy about it, you think I'm annoyed we've started to spend more and buy good players? Touchy is not buying an outfield player in 15/16 and watching Leicester win the league!  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14488 on: December 27, 2022, 03:13:14 pm »
Still early enough to have a couple of spaces on the Arteta bandwagon. You can sit next to me.

I think I can speak for most when I say it’s a lot more fun watching such incredible swagger after not even half a season, a level of swagger even Yernited would be a little embarrassed by ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14489 on: December 27, 2022, 03:13:14 pm »
you think they’d just enjoy the ride, but nope, more important to spend inordinate amounts of time on a Liverpool forum, either trying to turn every conversation towards Arsenal, or getting all wound up when someone points out a few home truths  ;D

Nobody seemed concerned about us spending time on a Liverpool forum when we're shite the past 10 years!  :-[

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14490 on: December 27, 2022, 03:14:21 pm »
I think I can speak for most when I say it’s a lot more fun watching such incredible swagger after not even half a season, a level of swagger even Yernited would be a little embarrassed by ;D

You like to speak for most anyway.  ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14491 on: December 27, 2022, 03:19:28 pm »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14492 on: December 27, 2022, 03:20:55 pm »

We are 8 points ahead of man city and 15 points ahead of you.
This is definitely the time for swagger, and if United were in our position they’d be rubbing our noses in it and we’d have to accept it.
When you were 15-30 points clear of us the Arsenal thread was the most popular one, mostly people going there to laugh. Not laughing now. 

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14493 on: December 27, 2022, 03:23:14 pm »
;D

You got me. Anyway, you should be happy, a shiny new toy already on its way and the window isn't even open yet! Sure you were a big Gakpo fan?!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14494 on: December 27, 2022, 03:26:14 pm »
This is definitely the time for swagger, and if United were in our position they’d be rubbing our noses in it and we’d have to accept it.
When you were 15-30 points clear of us the Arsenal thread was the most popular one, mostly people going there to laugh. Not laughing now.

Ahh yes I do remember when we were 30 points clear of you that a thread on a completely irrelevant team was the most popular as opposed to either one of our local rivals, or our actual rivals at the time. The Burnley and Sheffield United threads were pretty rampant too

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14495 on: December 27, 2022, 03:26:58 pm »
And if we crash and burn and end up winning nothing. Guess who’ll be here rolling with the punches. Scottish goon.

I’ll be off skiing.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14496 on: December 27, 2022, 03:30:07 pm »
Ahh yes I do remember when we were 30 points clear of you that a thread on a completely irrelevant team was the most popular as opposed to either one of our local rivals, or our actual rivals at the time. The Burnley and Sheffield United threads were pretty rampant too

Our thread was top of the pops.

Now it’s just me talking to myself there. All because of Arteta.

Anyway, Mudryk, rapid player. Like having two martinellis.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14497 on: December 27, 2022, 03:32:11 pm »
The new Sergi Rebrov I heard.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14498 on: December 27, 2022, 03:40:55 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14499 on: December 27, 2022, 03:41:51 pm »

If you're like this less than half way through the season, I dread to think what you'll be like if you win the thing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14500 on: December 27, 2022, 03:42:24 pm »
If you're like this less than half way through the season, I dread to think what you'll be like if you win the thing.

given a holiday from here for a few months hopefully.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14501 on: December 27, 2022, 03:45:11 pm »

Why delay enjoying something till later if you can do so now. It’s partly because it’s so unexpected that the pressure isn’t really on yet. If we actually become favourites to win it, like go beyond 10 clear of City somehow. The nerves might be different then, hopefully the players don’t see things the same way.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14502 on: December 27, 2022, 03:49:03 pm »

By January 21st, you will no longer be at the top of the table. And we will be once again laughing at you ...

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14503 on: December 27, 2022, 03:49:22 pm »
given a holiday from here for a few months hopefully.

If that plastic lego head mini pep gets me banned from rawk because he keeps winning I don’t know what I’ll do. Fuming at the thought.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #14504 on: December 27, 2022, 03:49:44 pm »
Why delay enjoying something till later if you can do so now. It’s partly because it’s so unexpected that the pressure isn’t really on yet. If we actually become favourites to win it, like go beyond 10 clear of City somehow. The nerves might be different then, hopefully the players don’t see things the same way.
There’s enjoying something that is occurring and may happen, the anticipation, then there’s crowing like you’ve already won the thing, which is far from the case.

You’re a good poster in the Arsenal forum North Bank but I’d say some of your enjoyment has veered towards the latter in the above statement.

I do agree you should be enjoying Arsenal’s current run.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14505 on: December 27, 2022, 03:50:16 pm »

Lad, just ease off a bit. You're making it hard for me to be happy for you if you win it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14506 on: December 27, 2022, 03:51:17 pm »
By January 21st, you will no longer be at the top of the table. And we will be once again laughing at you ...

January 21st . Ski slopes in France open pal.

We’ve got a tough run of fixtures coming. All concentration is on Leeds now, Leeds man city that is. We need favours from teams around us. Liverpool always come up with the goods to be fair.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14507 on: December 27, 2022, 03:54:22 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to, you do have great experience of this after last season.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14508 on: December 27, 2022, 03:55:21 pm »

It is definitely weird. I don't recall us doing the same in 2016 around this time.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14509 on: December 27, 2022, 03:55:34 pm »
Lad, just ease off a bit. You're making it hard for me to be happy for you if you win it.

Haha yeah. I have a mate who’s an Arsenal fan. He’s not a knob and I think I’d be happy for him if they won it, if a little sick. But we can’t have City churning out title after title. Would be nice to see them crying.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14510 on: December 27, 2022, 03:55:50 pm »
There’s enjoying something that is occurring and may happen, the anticipation, then there’s crowing like you’ve already won the thing, which is far from the case.

You’re a good poster in the Arsenal forum North Bank but I’d say some of your enjoyment has veered towards the latter in the above statement.

I do agree you should be enjoying Arsenal’s current run.

What we need to do, is keep spreading information that we’ve already won the title. It might get into the man city players heads, then they might bin it for an all out CL assault. We have to try everything.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14511 on: December 27, 2022, 03:57:36 pm »
It is definitely weird. I don't recall us doing the same in 2016 around this time.

and if any where, it’d hope it would have been amongst friends on a Liverpool forum not polluting an Arsenal forum with it  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14512 on: December 27, 2022, 03:59:18 pm »

It’s been such a long time that they’ve completely forgotten how to behave when you’re not shit ;D The good thing is that the comedown is going to be glorious, the sad thing is that it’s not Cantona or a fan of a funnier team that’s going to be the punchline

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14513 on: December 27, 2022, 04:00:40 pm »
and if any where, it’d hope it would have been amongst friends on a Liverpool forum not polluting an Arsenal forum with it  ;D

I am among friends. Me and el lobo are thick as thieves. We just put on an act here to get discussions going.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14514 on: December 27, 2022, 04:11:18 pm »
Me and el lobo are thick as thieves.

You’re not thieves.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14515 on: December 27, 2022, 04:53:24 pm »
Reminds me a lot of the touchiness many people mocking them had about the amount Nunez cost in the summer (and how we were when we started spending more on VVD/Keita/Alli.

Partisans being partisan - who knew

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14516 on: December 27, 2022, 04:56:19 pm »
Reminds me a lot of the touchiness many people mocking them had about the amount Nunez cost in the summer (and how we were when we started spending more on VVD/Keita/Alli.

Big difference between net spend and an owner pumping in hundreds of millions.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14517 on: December 27, 2022, 05:04:43 pm »
Nothing touchy about it, you think I'm annoyed we've started to spend more and buy good players?

Not that much to be smug about here I think...

Nicolas Pépé    19/20       €80m
Aubameyang     17/18       €64m
Ben White          21/22       €58.5m
Lacazette          17/18        €53m
Jesus                 22/23       €52m
Thomas Partey  20/21       €50m
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14518 on: December 27, 2022, 05:10:55 pm »
January 21st . Ski slopes in France open pal.

We’ve got a tough run of fixtures coming. All concentration is on Leeds now, Leeds man city that is. We need favours from teams around us. Liverpool always come up with the goods to be fair.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14519 on: December 27, 2022, 05:12:38 pm »

As I don't go on arsenal forums, I have no idea if there’s the equivalent couple Liverpool fans who did the same there, if they did, then I hope they too get called out on it!

Like I said - it’s funny how touchy they are.