Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2509155 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - KONATE MBAPPE RAFAEL DIAS PELLOLI?
« Reply #36840 on: June 12, 2021, 10:50:48 am »
Agree his stats are interesting - im not sure he looks like a Klopp midfielder from them - he doesn’t press - or hasn’t been - or shows up much defensively at all, his ball retention through passing isn’t great either (looks like he’s playing a lot of the passes our CMs don’t normally play).  Not a guarantee we don’t like him of course and I don’t watch gladbach he just doesn’t jump off the page as a CM for us from them

Are we allowed to ask if hes better than Curtis Jones?
Is the pressing thing going off fbref's pressures data or something else?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:52:59 am by Chris~ »

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36841 on: June 12, 2021, 10:55:10 am »
Agree his stats are interesting - im not sure he looks like a Klopp midfielder from them - he doesn’t press - or hasn’t been - or shows up much defensively at all, his ball retention through passing isn’t great either (looks like he’s playing a lot of the passes our CMs don’t normally play).  Not a guarantee we don’t like him of course and I don’t watch gladbach he just doesn’t jump off the page as a CM for us from them

Are we allowed to ask if hes better than Curtis Jones?
I think Jones performances have been underated.

Our best player against Spurs at home & City at home.
I think he will get plenty of gametime next season.
He is ahead of Ox,Milner & Keita

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36842 on: June 12, 2021, 10:59:08 am »
Is the pressing thing going off fbref's pressures data or something else?

Just that - was only commenting on his numbers

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36843 on: June 12, 2021, 10:59:47 am »
https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/06/12/liverpool-star-withdraws-from-nations-squad-ahead-of-world-cup-qualifier-to-sort-out-club-affairs/

Bit of a shame if he is leaving but Klopp has had time to work with him and maybe just doesn't see him working out for us.

Would be very strange to withdraw from a World Cup qualifier to sort out a transfer.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36844 on: June 12, 2021, 11:00:52 am »

Yup people are really sleeping on just how good he was / is. He’s not as good defensively yet but was basically  elite on the ball. I asked because him and Neuhaus do profile pretty similarly

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36845 on: June 12, 2021, 11:05:19 am »
Just that - was only commenting on his numbers
Yeah no I thought so. Would just be wary of putting too much on to them as seems a few dropped quite a bit for Gladbach Zakaria ( 18 19, 17, 12) and Kramer (21, 22, 23 then 17) were similar drops to him (17,19,12) per 90 in the league. Last couple years are more in line with what you'd get from our midfielders.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 11:07:20 am by Chris~ »

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36846 on: June 12, 2021, 11:05:44 am »
Would be very strange to withdraw from a World Cup qualifier to sort out a transfer.

The news seems very strange, but everything surrounding him these days seems to be very fluid. Whatever it is, I hope he kicks on next season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36847 on: June 12, 2021, 11:10:09 am »
Yeah no I thought so. Would just be wary of putting too much on to them as seems a few dropped quite a bit for Gladbach Zakaria ( 18 19, 17, 12) and Kramer (21, 22, 23 then 17) were similar drops to him (17,19,12) per 90 in the league. Last couple years are more in line with what you'd get from our midfielders.

Ah that’s really interesting thanks

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #36848 on: June 12, 2021, 11:16:57 am »
https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/06/12/liverpool-star-withdraws-from-nations-squad-ahead-of-world-cup-qualifier-to-sort-out-club-affairs/

Bit of a shame if he is leaving but Klopp has had time to work with him and maybe just doesn't see him working out for us.

Do like Minamino but just doesn't seem right for us, certainly not to be able to change lots of games, not just ones here and there. Best of luck to him if he moves on and hoping we get a decent transfer fee.

One thing I am a bit worried about is if we're getting rid of a fair few squad players, and only bringing say two more players in, we might improve in quality but not numbers. In my opinion a top class midfielder and forward this summer (in addition to Konate) - should be an absolute minimum, honestly think we'll need to get a couple more in to bolster the squad. Can understand if they're young/cheap but think you only really have to look at how injury prone most of our key midfielders are. Forward selection could also do with the added numbers if all of Minamino/Shaq/Divock are off, especially when taking into account how much football they've all played, plus internationals and fucking AFCON
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #36849 on: June 12, 2021, 11:21:30 am »
Do like Minamino but just doesn't seem right for us, certainly not to be able to change lots of games, not just ones here and there. Best of luck to him if he moves on and hoping we get a decent transfer fee.

One thing I am a bit worried about is if we're getting rid of a fair few squad players, and only bringing say two more players in, we might improve in quality but not numbers. In my opinion a top class midfielder and forward this summer (in addition to Konate) - should be an absolute minimum, honestly think we'll need to get a couple more in to bolster the squad. Can understand if they're young/cheap but think you only really have to look at how injury prone most of our key midfielders are. Forward selection could also do with the added numbers if all of Minamino/Shaq/Divock are off, especially when taking into account how much football they've all played, plus internationals and fucking AFCON

I think the same - since the March 2020 lockdown, we've had the end of the 2019-20 season, a short 'pre-season', a condensed 2020-21, the Euros, hopefully a 'normal' season, and then whatever they do for the World Cup.  I feel like squads could be tested/stretched in the next 18 months or so, and like players otherwise on the fringes could prove valuable.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36850 on: June 12, 2021, 11:30:33 am »
How high is Newhouse's ceiling?, standard semi?, townhouse?, or bungalow?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36851 on: June 12, 2021, 11:59:51 am »

Hope so too. For me he'd be first in after what you'd assume would be the starting three (Fab, Hendo, Thiago), thought he looked really good in bits last season and it's quite scary to think how good he could get, given his age and wide range of physical and technical attributes.

I reckon if we sign Neuhaus then maybe one of the injury prone midfield lads might leave, but that's just a guess really. Intrigued to see what the club are planning there. I still feel that another forward option is a far more pressing concern, weird that we've not really heard any rumours from reliable sources about that area.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36852 on: June 12, 2021, 12:12:10 pm »
Hope so too. For me he'd be first in after what you'd assume would be the starting three (Fab, Hendo, Thiago), thought he looked really good in bits last season and it's quite scary to think how good he could get, given his age and wide range of physical and technical attributes.

I reckon if we sign Neuhaus then maybe one of the injury prone midfield lads might leave, but that's just a guess really. Intrigued to see what the club are planning there. I still feel that another forward option is a far more pressing concern, weird that we've not really heard any rumours from reliable sources about that area.
Jones was genuinely incredible for the u23's in 19/20.Far & away the best player at that level. Obviously that is quite a level below the 1st team.

But Jones is an exceptional talent. Well capable of getting 10-15 goals in all comps next season. Especially if he went 4-2-3-1.

But even so his all round game is excellent in a more deeper role as well.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #36853 on: June 12, 2021, 12:37:22 pm »

The Diana Scale

Spat my drink everywhere  :lmao

Neuhaus links sound odd, seems like there’s legitimate interest but we probably want to have a few outs sorted before pulling the trigger. I think he’d be tidy for us, always impressed in the Gladbach games I’ve watched.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36854 on: June 12, 2021, 12:56:59 pm »
Jones was genuinely incredible for the u23's in 19/20.Far & away the best player at that level. Obviously that is quite a level below the 1st team.

But Jones is an exceptional talent. Well capable of getting 10-15 goals in all comps next season. Especially if he went 4-2-3-1.

But even so his all round game is excellent in a more deeper role as well.

Are we sure about that?  In 34 appearances this year, he got 4 goals.  That would be a pretty big jump in goals for a young player in one year.  I see him more in the mould of Gini where he'll do a lot of really good things on the pitch but won't score all that often for us. 

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36855 on: June 12, 2021, 12:57:35 pm »
Yup people are really sleeping on just how good he was / is. He’s not as good defensively yet but was basically  elite on the ball. I asked because him and Neuhaus do profile pretty similarly

I had been wondering about this, Jones looks really good when I watch him but midfield is one area I find really hard to judge as there's so much unsung work involved under Klopp that's essential to a good performance.

On the defensive aspect, one thing I was surprised about is that for all of Gini's workrate his defensive stats really aren't all that great, Neuhaus has better numbers.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36856 on: June 12, 2021, 01:01:56 pm »
Are we sure about that?  In 34 appearances this year, he got 4 goals.  That would be a pretty big jump in goals for a young player in one year.  I see him more in the mould of Gini where he'll do a lot of really good things on the pitch but won't score all that often for us.
It depends massively on what role he's given but if you had him as more a 4th attacker, getting to the box more then I think he's capable. He's very good at work space to get shots off when on the ball as well. He's got 7 goals in about 30 games worth of senior minutes (against a pretty varied level of competition though)

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36857 on: June 12, 2021, 01:08:30 pm »

A system tweak to give him more freedom to get into danger areas and he could score 10+ in all comps, if we keep the system as is then I don’t see it happening due to the amount of defensive work he needs to do

He’s a tall lad but never seems to get on the end of crosses and doesn’t take enough shots with his left foot for my linking, it makes him predictable/ he’s always looking for a bended finish with his right foot and he’s good enough to hit the target on a regular basis but he needs to be more willing to do something different i.e attack the near post / penalty spot in the box

He looks like a street baller who’s been overly trained, he could do a lot more but keeps it basic

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36858 on: June 12, 2021, 01:22:26 pm »

A five bedroom bastard house.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36859 on: June 12, 2021, 01:33:10 pm »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36860 on: June 12, 2021, 01:40:03 pm »
It depends massively on what role he's given but if you had him as more a 4th attacker, getting to the box more then I think he's capable. He's very good at work space to get shots off when on the ball as well. He's got 7 goals in about 30 games worth of senior minutes (against a pretty varied level of competition though)

That role doesn't really exist in our current system though.  While it's possible that we may tweak our system depending on what new players come in I think it's unlikely that we'll change the system that much.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36861 on: June 12, 2021, 02:30:28 pm »

34? Bit harsh throwing that number out when he only averaged around 55 mins over the course of those games and was in a side in pretty poor form (especially attacking) for a lot of it.

I could def see him hitting at least 10 if he had a good run of games for us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36862 on: June 12, 2021, 02:34:20 pm »
If we have a spare 80 million, why not?  :P

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36863 on: June 12, 2021, 02:42:13 pm »

"Would you like to win it all young man?"

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #36864 on: June 12, 2021, 03:10:15 pm »
Cue the links to Embolo. It makes me nostalgic to think of the first ones years ago.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36865 on: June 12, 2021, 03:11:27 pm »
I had been wondering about this, Jones looks really good when I watch him but midfield is one area I find really hard to judge as there's so much unsung work involved under Klopp that's essential to a good performance.

On the defensive aspect, one thing I was surprised about is that for all of Gini's workrate his defensive stats really aren't all that great, Neuhaus has better numbers.

This is where you can have massive fights with people if you like :).... clearly he was better defensively then the stats showed - stuff like blocking passing lanes and keeping shape we don't have good public stats for (the club will though)
Either way he dropped off last season and wasn't good defensively especially as more of a 6... but that's neither here nor there now....

Chris has pointed out Neuhaus has pressed more in the past - as for the other less obvious stuff its really down to Klopp and the scouts ... if we buy him clearly we think he can do well on this side of the ball or improve as he's not a final third player so he'll be expected to do a lot in our system

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #36866 on: June 12, 2021, 03:24:04 pm »

We can’t spend £80m on Henderson mate, we already own him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36867 on: June 12, 2021, 03:25:55 pm »
Cue the links to Embolo. It makes me nostalgic to think of the first ones years ago.

:D I'm kind of glad we never got him or another fan favourite Luciano Vietto from around the same time.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36868 on: June 12, 2021, 04:21:13 pm »
Firmly on the Embolo train after today's performance.

Sign him up Michael Edwards. Surely there's no guarantee of failure based on one game in an international tournament.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36869 on: June 12, 2021, 04:24:48 pm »
Shaqiri's value should have gone up a little bit, he looked quite useful there. That's of course if he's not in Klopp's plans for next season.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36870 on: June 12, 2021, 04:26:59 pm »
We can’t spend £80m on Henderson mate, we already own him.
Hendo MBE is worth a bit more than a paltry £80m
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36871 on: June 12, 2021, 04:48:12 pm »
Shaqiri's value should have gone up a little bit, he looked quite useful there. That's of course if he's not in Klopp's plans for next season.

Mark Hughes said something interesting on the BBC, that Shaqiri is happier being the type of player he is at Liverpool, where he's not the main man and he can come in and play a few games, unlike Stoke where he was meant to be the main man but didn't suit him.

I don't if that's true but he has managed him so at least knows his personality.

I know we're open to selling him but I wouldn't be averse to having him stay here and do that to be honest.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36872 on: June 12, 2021, 04:54:01 pm »
Mark Hughes said something interesting on the BBC, that Shaqiri is happier being the type of player he is at Liverpool, where he's not the main man and he can come in and play a few games, unlike Stoke where he was meant to be the main man but didn't suit him.

I don't if that's true but he has managed him so at least knows his personality.

I know we're open to selling him but I wouldn't be averse to having him stay here and do that to be honest.

Always liked Shaq here - he was the perfect squad player in his first season, just wish he’d been able to play more in the last 2 seasons but of course he had a real struggle with that injury for a long time. He’s a good lad and a good team mate i believe.  But if he continues to shine for Switzerland this tournament, and they get a good offer, I’d presume they’d want to sell.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36873 on: June 12, 2021, 04:54:21 pm »

aye.  interesting option to have on the bench. we all know what he could bring as well. decent squad player that contributes to numbers at the attacking end of the pitch.

he might just be here next season if the asking price is not met

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36874 on: June 12, 2021, 04:55:19 pm »
Shaqiri is a class player, you don't play for Inter, Bayern Munich and Liverpool unless you've got quality

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36875 on: June 12, 2021, 04:57:41 pm »

So basically Shaqiri likes playing international football for Liverpool, rather than club football for a smaller team.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36876 on: June 12, 2021, 04:58:10 pm »
Always liked Shaq here - he was the perfect squad player in his first season, just wish he’d been able to play more in the last 2 seasons but of course he had a real struggle with that injury for a long time. He’s a good lad and a good team mate i believe.  But if he continues to shine for Switzerland this tournament, and they get a good offer, I’d presume they’d want to sell.

aye.  interesting option to have on the bench. we all know what he could bring as well. decent squad player that contributes to numbers at the attacking end of the pitch.

he might just be here next season if the asking price is not met

Yeah agreed.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36877 on: June 12, 2021, 05:18:14 pm »

It wouldn’t be the end of the world if Shaq stays. He’s a quality player.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #36878 on: June 12, 2021, 05:26:48 pm »

Still wonder if Jones will treat all this like some kind of platform game and keep levelling up till he meets the final boss.

Oh yes.

at the very end its a cage match between him and TAA for best footballer on the planet, using CL trophies as weapons.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #36879 on: June 12, 2021, 05:42:42 pm »
Shaqiri is a class player, you don't play for Inter, Bayern Munich and Liverpool unless you've got quality

You’re forgetting Stoke….. not many players can play well at Stoke on a wet and windy Tuesday night.

Definitely a quality player when he keeps injury free. I would have thought we could get a half decent fee for him if he has a decent spell at the euros, but also wouldn’t be disappointed if he stays and we offload Tiki and Origi instead.