Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2504789 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - KONATE MBAPPE RAFAEL DIAS PELLOLI?
« Reply #36720 on: June 11, 2021, 05:01:27 pm »
Newhouse is a central midfielder though. In the modern era that's pretty good.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36721 on: June 11, 2021, 05:03:14 pm »
Florian Plettenberg
@Plettigoal
·
1h
Update #Neuhaus (2/2): Among all the teams from the
@premierleague
@LFC
 is currently the club that has deposited its interest most concretely. Neuhaus told us
@SPORT1
 (last week): „I can very well imagine a move abroad.“ His future will become clear after the Euros. #LFC 🔴

Oh it’s so on!

Everything's coming up Neuhaus.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36722 on: June 11, 2021, 05:04:31 pm »
We should come up with a scale for levels of press resistance

Wijnaldum
Some other players
Charlie Adam

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36723 on: June 11, 2021, 05:04:41 pm »
He is isnt an attacking midfielder like Bruno Fernandes or De Bruyne so i think it is very good in a mid table club.

Gladbach were only 8th last season although they id score a lot.

Tielemans is probably a similar position & he had 9 goals in total which was very good.

If it's true he'll most certainly be the alternative to Tielemans. Leicester quite rightly will want a lot for him. I personally don't think he's what we need as I don't really see what he brings that we don't already have but who am I, or anyone for that matter, right to disagree with Klopp. 
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #36724 on: June 11, 2021, 05:07:38 pm »

Nice.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36725 on: June 11, 2021, 05:12:38 pm »
All for getting Neuhaus, but if we do we should be signing two more further up the pitch.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #36726 on: June 11, 2021, 05:19:02 pm »
Have we signed that african wonderkid yet.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #36727 on: June 11, 2021, 05:19:43 pm »
We should be very careful with Neuhaus, especially about the price. He could turn out to be a massive flop.

There's a long line of young German players who first looked very exciting in the Bundesliga, but turned out to be dissapointments, or completely shit, when going abroad, or just out of their comfort zone.

- The worst ones are Marko Marin, Lewis Holtby and Max Meyer.
- Then there were the likes of Julian Draxler, Julian Weigl, and Mario Gotze who shined for a while and then faded into mediocrity. Plus Julian Brandt who looked like the next big thing, yet now struggling in Dortmund and can be sold very cheap.
- Even the "better ones" like Werner and Havertz flopped considering what they cost.

It applies for other Bundesliga players as well. We sort of have had our own taste with Keita. Arsenal fans have completely gone mad with Xhaka, a player who was ex-Monchengladbach himself, has similar style to Neuhaus, and at that time he was bought, looked even better than Neuhaus now.

As for Neuhaus, he hasn't done anything more impressive than Draxler or Gotze, so chances are he'll more likely end up worse.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #36728 on: June 11, 2021, 05:24:31 pm »
We should be very careful with Neuhaus, especially about the price. He could turn out to be a massive flop.

There's a long line of young German players who first looked very exciting in the Bundesliga, but turned out to be dissapointments, or completely shit, when going abroad, or just out of their comfort zone.

- Then there were the likes of Julian Draxler, Julian Weigl, and Mario Gotze who shined for a while and then faded into mediocrity. Plus Julian Brandt who looked like the next big thing, yet now struggling in Dortmund and can be sold very cheap.
- Even the "better ones" like Werner and Havertz flopped considering what they cost.

It applies for other Bundesliga players as well. We sort of have had our own taste with Keita. Arsenal fans have completely gone mad with Xhaka, a player who was ex-Monchengladbach himself, has similar style to Neuhaus, and at that time he was bought, looked even better than Neuhaus now.

As for Neuhaus, he hasn't done anything more impressive than Draxler or Gotze, so chances are he'll more likely end up worse.

That's the spirit
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #36729 on: June 11, 2021, 05:26:07 pm »
Werner and Havertz played a key part in their Champions League success. That kind of flops will do nicely. They struggled initially, but that appears to be a Lampard problem more than the players' fault.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36730 on: June 11, 2021, 05:26:13 pm »

Or we could look at the Bundesliga players who made a successful switch.  And Havertz flopped? He’s been there a season, is he doing that badly? I don’t watch them. But I do love a good writing off of a player this quickly.  Some of those where overhyped by the way, rather than being very good to begin with. And Götze had big health issues.

I’m not convinced by Neuheus at all, but not for any of the reasons above.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #36731 on: June 11, 2021, 05:26:48 pm »
Anyone been on Rightmove?

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #36732 on: June 11, 2021, 05:37:35 pm »
Neuhus had 6 goals & 5 assists in the Bundesliga last season.
That is very good for a central midfield player

Aouar had  7 goals + 3 assists in France

Keita had 8g and 8a & 6g and 5a in the 2 seasons prior to joining us. Would be great if we could find a player who can get a 15 goals contribution from midfield.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36733 on: June 11, 2021, 05:44:02 pm »
I don't really mind if the Newhouse lad isn't pacey, as long as he's nippy or Fleet of foot.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36734 on: June 11, 2021, 05:44:42 pm »
Keita had 8g and 8a & 6g and 5a in the 2 seasons prior to joining us. Would be great if we could find a player who can get a 15 goals contribution from midfield.

Probably looking at a Pedro Gonçalves type midfielder for that type of goal output.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36735 on: June 11, 2021, 05:46:10 pm »
My sweet Lord that goal against Bayern in the Neuhaus compilation. It’s like a two footed Luis Alberto with a little pace.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #36736 on: June 11, 2021, 05:47:22 pm »
The big question has to be do we mortgage Anfield for a Neuhaus?
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36737 on: June 11, 2021, 05:48:56 pm »

Concrete deposit of interest is the new Liverpool way...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36738 on: June 11, 2021, 05:49:14 pm »
He'd probably be a regular at the Red Brick.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36739 on: June 11, 2021, 05:58:18 pm »

His mom thinks he's cool
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #36740 on: June 11, 2021, 06:01:43 pm »

Aren't Everton were looking for a Neuhaus?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36741 on: June 11, 2021, 06:07:11 pm »
My sweet Lord that goal against Bayern in the Neuhaus compilation. It’s like a two footed Luis Alberto with a little pace.

Hes got a foot like Charlie Adam

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #36742 on: June 11, 2021, 06:08:13 pm »

Webbed?

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #36743 on: June 11, 2021, 06:09:22 pm »
Or we could look at the Bundesliga players who made a successful switch.  And Havertz flopped? He’s been there a season, is he doing that badly? I don’t watch them. But I do love a good writing off of a player this quickly.  Some of those where overhyped by the way, rather than being very good to begin with. And Götze had big health issues.

I’m not convinced by Neuheus at all, but not for any of the reasons above.
Havertz and Werner have both underperformed, considering their fees
. So has Keita for us. Flop or not? Not important. It's just a terminology matter. The key is the investment turns out to be a bad one.

Now if Neuhaus cost more than 40m I'd rather us shopping elsewhere, especially if Pellegrini release clause is 30m. I mean, he doesn't look a 40m+ talent at all. Has nice vision and passing, but so does Xhaka. He's a bit more mobile than Xhaka though, but still, I can see him struggling in the PL especially if a much more press resistant player like Keita can struggle.
And based on history, he'll more likely turn out to be one of those names I listed, rather than being the next Ozil or Kroos.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36744 on: June 11, 2021, 06:12:48 pm »
Havertz and Werner have both underperformed, considering their fees
. So has Keita for us. Flop or not? Not important. It's just a terminology matter. The key is the investment turns out to be a bad one.

Now if Neuhaus cost more than 40m I'd rather us shopping elsewhere, especially if Pellegrini release clause is 30m. I mean, he doesn't look a 40m+ talent at all. Has nice vision and passing, but so does Xhaka. He's a bit more mobile than Xhaka though, but still, I can see him struggling in the PL especially if a much more press resistant player like Keita can struggle.
And based on history, he'll more likely turn out to be one of those names I listed, rather than being the next Ozil or Kroos.

You said ‘flopped’.  Not underperformed.

Keita - sure, not worked out for him at Liverpool, much of it because of injuires though. If you haven’t seen enough of a fit Keita to know how good he was, then that’s on you.

No idea why you keep bringing Xhaka into it - he’s the same now as he was at Gladbach, scores the occasional screamer, has discipline issues, occasionally has a storming game, but lets himself down far too often.   Maybe you fall for the hype too much, I don’t know.

Again, I am not convinced by Neuhaus anyway.  Nice player, but with a big ‘but’ after it.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #36745 on: June 11, 2021, 06:13:31 pm »
'EEE, CORNERS OOR WORF 2 BOB AN A THRIPPENNY BIT....FOOT LIKE T' CORNISH PASTIE COVERED IN T' GRURVEE''

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36747 on: June 11, 2021, 06:21:22 pm »
So it's possible we get a Neuhaus before Everton get a new stadium?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36748 on: June 11, 2021, 06:21:24 pm »
Nah its not 'very good'.

Its decent. Ward Prowse and Dallas had similar last season.....

Ward Prowse scored 1 goal from open play if I believe. Not a true reflection of his overall game.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #36749 on: June 11, 2021, 06:22:24 pm »
We should come up with a scale for levels of press resistance

The Diana Scale
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
« Reply #36750 on: June 11, 2021, 06:34:20 pm »
Neuhaus ticks all of the boxes as a good replacement for Wijnaldum.

And if we're going to be shopping in the Bundesliga, we might as well put an offer in with Wolfsburg for Ridle Baku as well.

I wholeheartedly endorse this suggestion. Man is a baller, as I believe the young humans say. Think he might be one for next summer though as Wolfsburg are in the CL.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36751 on: June 11, 2021, 06:41:15 pm »

The Diana Scale

Reported for tastelessness. Should be stickied for hilarity.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36753 on: June 11, 2021, 07:03:29 pm »
How press-resistant is he?

Like an expensive pure cotton shirt.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36755 on: June 11, 2021, 07:06:46 pm »
Anyone been on Rightmove?

I think I spotted the house on there that Liverpool are buying for the new boy - it's got a lean-to.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36756 on: June 11, 2021, 07:08:29 pm »

Am I the only one who sees these and goes...

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36757 on: June 11, 2021, 07:18:38 pm »
https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1403412673665118214

As per reports from Germany today, I understand #LFC have made contact with the representatives of Borussia Monchengladbach’s Florian Neuhaus. No guarantee interest will be followed up, but any move would likely come after the Euros. For @thisisanfield

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36758 on: June 11, 2021, 07:24:34 pm »

Neuhaus is not a meme.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36759 on: June 11, 2021, 08:05:43 pm »
Go on Lynchy boy!