Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2824551 times)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
id have liken to see VAR in the kiev final

he would have been sent off in that too

For the deliberate elbow across Karius' jaw or the assault on Mo?

Both of those actions directly affected our ability to win that final. If neither of those fouls occurred, I'm certain we'd have won that night.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Polls everywhere today asking "who's most likely to stop Man City winning the Champions League?"

That's an easy one to answer

Man City!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
For the deliberate elbow across Karius' jaw or the assault on Mo?

Both of those actions directly affected our ability to win that final. If neither of those fouls occurred, I'm certain we'd have won that night.
the elbow definitely. the salah one was bad but not a red card

put meself through the highlights of it last year, before salah went off we were shading it at the very least, could have gone either way. we had nothing on the bench though.

Ramos did boss the final ,knew exactly what he was doing but with VAR he would have done and got away with a lot less
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
He was probably told to be harsh on Madrid & kind to City to dispel any of this horseshit that UEFA are against them. They won't get a ref as kind as him for the 2nd leg.

Madrid to win 3-2 & go through on away goals.

City to win 3-1. They are a better team. Real lacking edge up front. Benzema is good and he can score but in such games he's a bit more auxiliary. Jovic signing didn't work out for them.

Hindsight of course but the Vinicious sub offered nothing. He had some good runs with and off the ball, the only one who could carry it and assisted the only goal they scored.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
Yes, City will go through. Real would have been dangerous on the back of a 1-0 win, but 2-1 loss at home? No chance. For me that's Chelsea, Real Madrid and Tottenham out after the first leg. The other ties are in the balance.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

put meself through the highlights of it last year, before salah went off we were shading it at the very least, could have gone either way. we had nothing on the bench though.

Ramos did boss the final ,knew exactly what he was doing but with VAR he would have done and got away with a lot less

It was because it is a move from Judo that has been banned due to the likelihood of dislocating the opponents shoulder. He tried it in the 2017 final on I think Dybala, but failed to get a proper grip. Utter c*nt.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
It was because it is a move from Judo that has been banned due to the likelihood of dislocating the opponents shoulder. He tried it in the 2017 final on I think Dybala, but failed to get a proper grip. Utter c*nt.

I've got a good mate (who supports Chester, so no actual hidden agenda) who is adamant it wasn't a red.

Just can't see it myself. It was a wilful and dangerous action.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

i dont think a card should be based on severity of injury in all cases

it was a cuntish thing of him to do no question

we didnt even get a free kick

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan

Apparently a City employee between 2016 - 2018. They must treat their employees like shit because they keep getting fucked over by them once they leave  ;D

I bet there was a lot more juicy shit in there other than transfer targets & players' phone numbers...

...according to The ***

Seriously, why even post this?

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously, why even post this?

Well, the article I've quoted from was from the Daily Mail. Is there a rule against posting from a different paper if the other red top published the story first? If there was I wasn't aware. I've removed that part now, would you prefer if I just deleted the entire post?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Well, the article I've quoted from was from the Daily Mail. Is there a rule against posting from a different paper if the other red top published the story first? If there was I wasn't aware. I've removed that part now, would you prefer if I just deleted the entire post?

Well to be honest The Mail is just as bad as the Scum, but that's opinion.

Typically we don't post things from a certain publication. This generally extends to pieces from other papers and websites where it is clear that the original source was that publication.

As for what you want to do, that's up to you mate.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well to be honest The Mail is just as bad as the Scum, but that's opinion.

Typically we don't post things from a certain publication. This generally extends to pieces from other papers and websites where it is clear that the original source was that publication.

As for what you want to do, that's up to you mate.

Fair enough, now I know the protocol.

You're right about the Mail of course, it's just the first paper I saw running it.

I've removed the post, I think it's a valid story for discussion but would rather err on the side of caution because I don't want to cause offense to anyone.

Apologies to anyone if I have already done so.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Man City lost to Man Utd at the Emptyhead.

No reason RM can't beat them there.

Especially with the City supporters more enthused about their anti Uefa agenda rather than throwing their support behind their own side.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
i dont think a card should be based on severity of injury in all cases

it was a cuntish thing of him to do no question

we didnt even get a free kick

Its not the severity of the injury, its the fact that he actually employed a Judo move that should have led to a red card and a huge ban for violent conduct and whatever else they could throw at him. The move he executed on Mo is called a waki-gatame, is banned in Judo and was criticised at the time by the European Judo association.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
That is City's best ever European result. Only took more than a billion quid  ::)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Its mad how willing the ref was to blow for city last nights compared to that prick the other week, and we are supposed to be one of the cartel clubs

I wished he could be our referee for the home match against Atletico.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its not the severity of the injury, its the fact that he actually employed a Judo move that should have led to a red card and a huge ban for violent conduct and whatever else they could throw at him. The move he executed on Mo is called a waki-gatame, is banned in Judo and was criticised at the time by the European Judo association.

Karma has a plate of something really special she's getting ready for Ramos.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Here's him trying it on Alves

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AiGSYtfXKv4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AiGSYtfXKv4</a>

The Judo move he based it on

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9TKlUtn-M8s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9TKlUtn-M8s</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Here's him trying it on Alves

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AiGSYtfXKv4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AiGSYtfXKv4</a>

I have to say, I was quite happy seeing them win there and Ramos get that red. He’s gone too far with that stuff really eh?

Any news on Laporte?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Any news on Laporte?

He has been rushed back too soon? He has been subbed off twice since his resurrection from the tomb. I think he has been rushed back because Pep needs a centre half and didn’t dare buy one with UEFA looking at their finances.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have to say, I was quite happy seeing them win there and Ramos get that red. He’s gone too far with that stuff really eh?

Any news on Laporte?

Nothing yet but not looking too good for him from early reports.

I thought the same as 12C that City have rushed him back, Cardy was saying 5 to 6 months out in mid September after the knee operation, so he's back at the early part of that time frame.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
New York Times article:

UEFA Warns Staff of Safety Concerns Amid Manchester City Backlash

European soccer’s governing body has ordered its employees to keep a low profile at matches involving Manchester City as fans fume over the club’s Champions League ban.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/sports/soccer/manchester-city-uefa.html

[Paywalled sadly]

The FUME! :)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.

Went back to find the original tweet from the European Judo Union. The amount of victim blaming responses is shocking... like Mo Salah should learn how to fall less awkwardly [/b], and Liverpool fans should just get over it.
https://twitter.com/europeanjudo/status/1000741984590553088

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
New York Times article:

UEFA Warns Staff of Safety Concerns Amid Manchester City Backlash

European soccer’s governing body has ordered its employees to keep a low profile at matches involving Manchester City as fans fume over the club’s Champions League ban.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/sports/soccer/manchester-city-uefa.html

[Paywalled sadly]

The FUME! :)

But the coach.   Won't everyone think of the coach.  ::)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That city Rabin guy on twitter has disappeared...

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But the coach.   Won't everyone think of the coach.  ::)

Also great PR for the Sheikh and Abu Dhabi. A feature in an American newspaper about what utter idiots their fans are :P

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Shading?! We were by far the better team until that turning point. The performance by Sadio to single handedly wrestle that game back was something else.

Offline Bostik Triangle

• Has left the building
  • Main Stander
so, now that the cheaters appealed; how long until we hear a decision and will that decision be the final one or fuckers can appeal to that one as well?

CAS decision is final, and because it is I wouldn't expect it'll happen very quickly.

City's next course of action appears to be going to court to try to ban the country of Switzerland.

I'm not that interested in the European element, it's the domestic situation that could get interesting, the Premier League are gonna have to do something, it's just a case of what. Apparently Watford are heading up the clubs gunning for City. Watford could go down this season, costing them over £100m, when really City should be starting next season in the 4th Division in my opinion, or even chucked into non-league if possible.

All their trophies won in the Abu Dhabi era should be stripped and awarded to the runners up, for every year that City fail to prove that they were operating within the rules. In other words, if they don't cooperate with any investigation, there should be a presumption of guilt.

The other 19 Premier League clubs should refuse to play City until they're booted out and gain promotion back to the Premier League again.

Every single season that City have been cheating, the club in 18th place has gone down when it should have been City getting automatically relegated. All those clubs should sue City for damages in a class action, and if they can't afford the 'crack lawyers' then Abu Dhabi should be forced to pay for them.

Pretty clear that City are trying to break UEFA, and the Premier League, so they can try to form some sort of breakaway global league. That's why they've set up clubs in Spain, the USA, Australia etc.

If the Premier League shit the bed and do nothing, City will break the Premier League. It's just a matter of when.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
He has been rushed back too soon? He has been subbed off twice since his resurrection from the tomb. I think he has been rushed back because Pep needs a centre half and didn’t dare buy one with UEFA looking at their finances.

Almost certainly..

Pep has a long history of rushing players back.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/29/pep-guardiola-subject-another-scathing-attack-bayern-doctor/
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAS decision is final, and because it is I wouldn't expect it'll happen very quickly.

City's next course of action appears to be going to court to try to ban the country of Switzerland.

I'm not that interested in the European element, it's the domestic situation that could get interesting, the Premier League are gonna have to do something, it's just a case of what. Apparently Watford are heading up the clubs gunning for City. Watford could go down this season, costing them over £100m, when really City should be starting next season in the 4th Division in my opinion, or even chucked into non-league if possible.

All their trophies won in the Abu Dhabi era should be stripped and awarded to the runners up, for every year that City fail to prove that they were operating within the rules. In other words, if they don't cooperate with any investigation, there should be a presumption of guilt.

The other 19 Premier League clubs should refuse to play City until they're booted out and gain promotion back to the Premier League again.

Every single season that City have been cheating, the club in 18th place has gone down when it should have been City getting automatically relegated. All those clubs should sue City for damages in a class action, and if they can't afford the 'crack lawyers' then Abu Dhabi should be forced to pay for them.

Pretty clear that City are trying to break UEFA, and the Premier League, so they can try to form some sort of breakaway global league. That's why they've set up clubs in Spain, the USA, Australia etc.

If the Premier League shit the bed and do nothing, City will break the Premier League. It's just a matter of when.
Not so sure that they can break the league and uefa on their own. They would need the support of the big european and English teams which they are unlikely to get. A comp involving us, ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, RM, Barca, Bayern, Juve, AC Milan, Ajax etc is always going to be more highly regarded than a new comp with Melbourne City, New York City, etc irrespective of the money at stake. This is why I think UEFA will see this thing through and the best hope for Abu Dhabi is they possibly get their ban reduced. The thing is they will still have to have their accounts checked for the last 4 years and they cannot afford to remain too uncooperative on this. Things look pretty bleak for them at the moment and they are firefighting as best they can.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
I still have no idea why any club, not just Watford and the big boys, would vote in favor of City in any way.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.

Wont happen. The PL don't have the balls to stand up to the Abu Dhabi gravy train. The media are practically eating out of their hands. Some of the goings on at Stockley Park last weekend with the Leicester-Man City match and others the same day have seriously jeopardised the integrity of the game. It almost feels like the league are going out of their way to protect City and back them to win the fight against UEFA (which I don't think they will...at least not completely. They will have to pay at least some sort of fine and serve at least a 1 year ban.) But the PL will do fuck all about it.

Well, I am prepared to stand corrected and happily eat my own words, but am not holding out hope for that.

Fat chance of this happening either, as much as I'd like to see it.

Is it, though? City can barely get enough fans to fill their own stadium. PSG play in a farmer's league and no one gives a fuck about a team that plays in Melbourne. Man City are just trying to get away with being the schoolyard bully with the longest pockets. They have a mindset of entitlement which stems from the way their owners perceive themselves and what they are/should be allowed to buy with their wealth. But when you hear Pep calling out the fans for not filling the stadium at home games, and when you see them posting job ads for "influencers" to come on board, it underlines the fact that there are certain things money just cannot buy: passion, fan loyalty, history, atmosphere (the genuine, dynamic sort, not the plastic stuff).

But I tell you what money can definitely buy: the corrupt British media (funny how the BBC and so many media companies are now based in sunny Manchester), and certainly the Moneybags Premier League and as many of its clubs who want to stay on the right side of the FA, the PL, and the schoolyard bully.

That's my crazy take anyway. And no, I'm not on a wind-up this time.

Offline wenlock

• Main Stander
Well there you go that's opinions for you as I feel there is more chance of a breakaway if UEFA lose to city.

If cheaters appear to prosper then what would be the point of the older fan pulling clubs taking part? It's the older clubs that have the support worldide and they are the attraction for sponsors and if UEFA can't stop the cheating then it seems a breakaway would be their only remaining course to avoid that cheating.

I used to be so in love with this sport, well lots of sports but then money came along. Watching us is the only sport I bother with now and only us really.

They should have all their achievements stripped if UEFA win, that's the done thing as a show that it is not acceptable to cheat. Well it's the done thing if you want your sport to be taken seriously as other 'lesser' sports do it as a standard from my observation. Everything from athletics to rugby, football to horse racing. If it's a race of some kind they are often demoted to outside the placings or simply placed last.

If there are already rules in place to demote to div 2 then it would seem strange if cheats could keep their titles. Also it would pose the question of exactly what would be considered bad enough for that punishment if this crime does not warrant it.
"I'm surprised they don't charge me rent and rates."
Bob Paisley after his 11th visit to Wembley

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line

I really do just want a Liverpool player to end him with a knee high, preferably Hendo.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline tazman74

• Main Stander
  • We won it six times whisky nose!
Linked with Mason Holgate now - sign him up Pip!
My old man said be a Man U fan,
I said 'Fuck off bollocks, you're a c*nt!'

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
April is a few weeks away.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.

Fuckin' hell. They're not holding back are they.  ;D

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Is this the next badge for the Bitters to wear? They'll be as excited as anything to hear that he's linked with City. It's like when Barca wants their players, fills their empty little hearts with joy.

Even though it's probably bollocks
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
That is funnier than the rumours about Messi leaving Barcelona this summer.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

maybe a case for  a red alright though im not really interested in talking about judo, but lets say had been booked and salah wasnt injured we would have forgotten about it

Shading?! We were by far the better team until that turning point. The performance by Sadio to single handedly wrestle that game back was something else.
maybe not by far, not like their keeper brought off loads of saves. ronaldo had a chance for them iirc.

great performance from mane alright, stepped up that night

back to city, It looks like they did rush laporte back, he is one of the very best in the league when fully fit but players coming back from injuries like that tend to get niggles. Cant imagine he is close to 100%