Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3501052 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #69640 on: March 23, 2022, 01:03:03 pm »
yesterday was my birthday 🤣

I also turned 40 yesterday. Happy Birthday Joff  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #69641 on: March 23, 2022, 04:05:17 pm »
Mine is my thighs. I'm worried I'm going to have a covid baby now though, as yesterday was my birthday 🤣
covid baby?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69642 on: March 23, 2022, 04:32:58 pm »
I also turned 40 yesterday. Happy Birthday Joff  :D

Our parents must have been at the same gang bang. Happy 40th!
Nah.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69643 on: March 23, 2022, 04:35:16 pm »
covid baby?

I was making light of the fact that last night I was hiding the sausage from my wife, I wake up and I've got covid. So if I had a kid in 9 months it would be a covid baby, born of covid sperm.
Nah.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69644 on: March 23, 2022, 06:30:56 pm »
Looks like the US will hit a million CoVid deaths today
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69645 on: March 23, 2022, 06:42:04 pm »
I was making light of the fact that last night I was hiding the sausage from my wife, I wake up and I've got covid. So if I had a kid in 9 months it would be a covid baby, born of covid sperm.

You just wanted to brag you got a birthday shag ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69646 on: March 23, 2022, 06:47:12 pm »
51557 new cases and 194 deaths reported today

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69647 on: March 23, 2022, 07:15:08 pm »
Glad you figured out what he was saying.
Congrats Joff. And many happy returns.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69648 on: March 23, 2022, 07:24:13 pm »
51557 new cases and 194 deaths reported today
Yeah, but that case figure is for specimen date and incomplete ? Cases by date reported is 102,483.

It's worrying that hospitalisations and deaths are increasing.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69649 on: March 23, 2022, 08:07:29 pm »
2 years since that TV announcement of the first UK lock down.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69650 on: March 23, 2022, 08:21:25 pm »
2 years since that TV announcement of the first UK lock down.

Wow.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69651 on: March 23, 2022, 09:25:05 pm »
Nah.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #69652 on: March 24, 2022, 01:14:27 am »

Two years ago on the 11th March I walked down the street being passed by crowds of Atletico Madrid fans, arriving in Liverpool from a European Coronavirus hotspot and creating the feeling that the then mostly unknown virus had accelerated across to us here. Home working came shortly afterwards and lockdown 2 weeks later. Now as we see life normalising (for most) we can take stock of the last two years and what it has done to us personally and to society as a whole.

In the USA, a million people have died, not that much more than proportion for this country, across the world at least 6 million have died of covid (but worth pointing out about 60 million people die a year as a matter of course). we probably all know someone who has died, know people who have annoyed us by their attitude over the last 2 years (whatever that attitude may be).

Some of us may have just got on with life as they would have done anyway (or had to do so), for others everything has changed. If you still have pasta left from March 2020 and have learnt to paint like Bob Ross then you've been impacted, regardless you will have shifted your views of other people no doubt, you will have changed.

Trump has gone (for now) and his friend Putin holds the centre stage in the world now. We used to worry about Brexit now it seems like this minor fragmentation of the world was just a practice run.

We don't have have Prince Phillip, Una Stubbs, Johnny Briggs, Sean Lock, Cicely Tyson, Tom O'Connor, Charlie Watts, Gerry Marsden, Michael Nesmith, Bunny Wailer, Tom Moore, Stephen Sondheim, Meat Loaf, Phil Spector, Janice Long. Shirley Williams, Desmond Tutu, Ian St.John, Roger Hunt, Jimmy Greaves, Walter Smith, Frank Worthington, Colin Bell, Ray Kennedy, Gerd Muller, Gerald Sinstadt, Colin Powell, Maradona, Sean Connery, Terry Jones, Nicholas Parsons, Kirk Douglas, Barbara Windsor, Nobby Stiles, Kobe Bryant, Kenny Rogers, Stirling Moss, Vera Lynn, Des O'Connor and many, many more.

People have died alone, away from their families, people have given more than they have ever given to keep wheels turning and keep others alive and supported, people have found a new isolation, for some it has been too much. For others new doors have opened, decisions have been taken, lives have changed. It was the same in 1919 but that was on top of a greater upheaval which overshadowed it so we've forgotten that.

As spring comes around, covid is still with us and not to be forgotten but not a bad time to take stock of how we, as passengers on this planet, have been impacted by the world halting (or speeding up if you you worked in intensive care or tesco deliveries)

And that I believe is probably the biggest shift in subject discussion, from birthday shags to world events in one post, that I have experienced and it's all my fault, sorry.

Back to sausages

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:16:34 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #69653 on: March 24, 2022, 07:01:24 am »

Andy @ Allerton!

« Reply #69749 on: March 22, 2022, 06:30:04 pm »

America is 1,160 deaths away from 1,000,000

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

-----------------------------

America today:

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69654 on: March 25, 2022, 12:59:55 pm »
Just had a text from our darts captain, he's tested positive, the silly arse played last night, he had a stinking cold but had tested negative up until the one today!

I have started feeling a bit sniffly now, the missus' mate who she went to that London with on the weekend has also tested positive today, the missus is still negative at the moment, I picked them up from the station on Sunday evening so fully expecting to test positive over the next few days!

Does anyone know roughly how long from exposure to potentially testing positive?

TIA
I'm still testing negative, four days after exposure so hopefully I've avoided it, my mate who also plays darts with me tested positive yesterday evening but has been feeling symptoms for a couple of days.

Today he feels rough as fuck and has gone back to bed.

Looks like the missus and daughter have avoided it too.

No idea how we haven't picked it up yet, hopefully it's due to the jabs and a good immune system!

On that note, 17 year old daughter had her third jab today

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #69655 on: March 25, 2022, 03:24:04 pm »
ive found conflicting information...

but anyone know what length of time to avoid "people" (if you're the cautious type like me) having recovered from covid?

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #69656 on: March 25, 2022, 04:12:19 pm »

but anyone know what length of time to avoid "people" (if you're the cautious type like me) having recovered from covid?

Everyone differs, but the incubation period for Omicron seems to be less than other variants.  You're most infectious 1 or 2 days before you see symptoms, that's if you get symptoms, and 2 to 3 days afterwards.  The majority of people are no longer infectious 7-10 days after testing positive.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #69657 on: March 25, 2022, 04:18:09 pm »
Week on week drop today, hopefully it continues

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #69658 on: March 25, 2022, 04:18:32 pm »
Girlfriend tested positive this morning, currently wrapped up in bed, feeling like she's been in a car crash.  Triple jabbed, so can only imagine how bad it could've been.

Hasn't hit me yet, but I'm sure it's on the way.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69659 on: March 25, 2022, 04:22:25 pm »
i've had long covid since august, only just started easing off. shitting myself i'm gonna get it again and go back to square one as it seems everywhere atm. geniunely been the hardest 6 months of my life i've felt so unwell.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69660 on: March 25, 2022, 04:31:53 pm »
Week on week drop today, hopefully it continues

Drop in what? How much we care about an ongoing problem?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #69661 on: March 25, 2022, 05:36:25 pm »
Everyone differs, but the incubation period for Omicron seems to be less than other variants.  You're most infectious 1 or 2 days before you see symptoms, that's if you get symptoms, and 2 to 3 days afterwards.  The majority of people are no longer infectious 7-10 days after testing positive.

Thanks a lot
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69662 on: March 25, 2022, 09:25:43 pm »

I thought the advice is to avoid people until you’ve had two negative LF tests. For me, that was day 12 - day 10 for my wife, day 18 for my nephew. Crazily, I had my first symptoms (sore throat) about 18 hours after I was a close contact.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69663 on: March 26, 2022, 12:08:05 am »
I thought the advice is to avoid people until you’ve had two negative LF tests. For me, that was day 12 - day 10 for my wife, day 18 for my nephew. Crazily, I had my first symptoms (sore throat) about 18 hours after I was a close contact.
thought it was a maximum of 10 days after that don't believe you are infectious, not that it matters now, the government have said you can do what you want and spread at your hearts content.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #69664 on: March 26, 2022, 12:43:05 pm »
i've had long covid since august, only just started easing off. shitting myself i'm gonna get it again and go back to square one as it seems everywhere atm. geniunely been the hardest 6 months of my life i've felt so unwell.

Really sorry to hear about this.  Long covid is horrific.  Everyone is concerned about the acute phase, but the long term consequences can be debilitating - especially for younger people who in some cases only have a mild acute phase.  Take your time when returning to exercise etc.  I've had long covid symptoms from the vaccine, and have set myself back multiple times trying to get back to training like I used to.  I recently had covid, was a bit rough for a few days then recovered OK, but it has caused a flare up of symptoms about 20 days post infection.  Doesn't seem to be as bad as first time round, so hoping i'll return to baseline shortly. 

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69665 on: March 26, 2022, 01:48:39 pm »
There are LFTs available online if anyone needs them, just ordered my last free pack, getting through them at a rate of knots at the moment

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69666 on: March 26, 2022, 02:15:23 pm »
I had something similar to long Covid from the vaccine trial I was on. Took me 6 months to recover. Then we got omicron after being piled into a plane with unmasked individuals when Johnson reintroduced the red list. Hardly felt ill - I was one of those, 'have had worse man 'flu' bores - so maybe the immune system had finally sorted itself out. Don't worry unnecessarily. Mask up on public transport etc. and take your time getting back to normal.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69667 on: March 26, 2022, 05:30:39 pm »
Really sorry to hear about this.  Long covid is horrific.  Everyone is concerned about the acute phase, but the long term consequences can be debilitating - especially for younger people who in some cases only have a mild acute phase.  Take your time when returning to exercise etc.  I've had long covid symptoms from the vaccine, and have set myself back multiple times trying to get back to training like I used to.  I recently had covid, was a bit rough for a few days then recovered OK, but it has caused a flare up of symptoms about 20 days post infection.  Doesn't seem to be as bad as first time round, so hoping i'll return to baseline shortly.

I had something similar to long Covid from the vaccine trial I was on. Took me 6 months to recover. Then we got omicron after being piled into a plane with unmasked individuals when Johnson reintroduced the red list. Hardly felt ill - I was one of those, 'have had worse man 'flu' bores - so maybe the immune system had finally sorted itself out. Don't worry unnecessarily. Mask up on public transport etc. and take your time getting back to normal.

thank you for that guys. Sorry to hear you both suffered a similar fate albeit from the vaccine! It's such a strange virus how differently it affects everyone with so many different symptoms too even within long covid. As you said when I actually had covid I was ill but it wasn't that bad, not like needing hospital or anything. I am normally an active sportsman that plays tennis and football which obviously all went out the window whilst i've had it. The scariest part has been heart palpations, not particularly fast but a very uncomfortable chest fluttering and pounding heart which could go on for days at a time. ECGs and blood tests all fine but with people seemingly going down with heart problems at football matches etc the anxiety that something was wrong with my heart was pretty strong which is holding me back in properly returning to my sports i think, a fear of what could happen but i'm desperate to get back to it as i enjoy it so much and its my main stress release. Just gotta take it slow i guess and for now i'm quite happy i'm not feeling the horrendous heavy fatigue, body aches and depression i was getting from it.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69668 on: March 27, 2022, 09:26:38 am »
There are LFTs available online if anyone needs them, just ordered my last free pack, getting through them at a rate of knots at the moment
None now ☹️

I think I need to tweak Twitter, I've put in that link recommend earlier but nothing came up .

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69669 on: March 27, 2022, 12:17:10 pm »
thank you for that guys. Sorry to hear you both suffered a similar fate albeit from the vaccine! It's such a strange virus how differently it affects everyone with so many different symptoms too even within long covid. As you said when I actually had covid I was ill but it wasn't that bad, not like needing hospital or anything. I am normally an active sportsman that plays tennis and football which obviously all went out the window whilst i've had it. The scariest part has been heart palpations, not particularly fast but a very uncomfortable chest fluttering and pounding heart which could go on for days at a time. ECGs and blood tests all fine but with people seemingly going down with heart problems at football matches etc the anxiety that something was wrong with my heart was pretty strong which is holding me back in properly returning to my sports i think, a fear of what could happen but i'm desperate to get back to it as i enjoy it so much and its my main stress release. Just gotta take it slow i guess and for now i'm quite happy i'm not feeling the horrendous heavy fatigue, body aches and depression i was getting from it.
Really sorry to hear about this and hope you get back to 'normal' soon.

I started with Covid a month ago and was pretty bad with it, but feel much better now - but, I still have a persistent intermittent cough and bringing up phlegm which has been dragging on for the last three weeks now. Testing negative and feel ok if a little tired still - but it's this cough that's concerning me a bit. Hope to get a GP appt tomorrow to see if I should be concerned or not.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #69670 on: March 27, 2022, 02:30:36 pm »

Palpitations and breathlessness have had me in A&E a couple of times.  FWIW all my tests ECG/Echo keep coming back clear.  Waiting on cardiac MRI results at the moment.  I think structurally the heart will be OK in most cases, I personally think there is an issue with blood/microclots/endothelium.  I think the palpitations/tachycardia come from your body trying to get oxygen to muscles/organs, but for whatever reason that transfer is failing.  If you are going to doc you'll need to advocate for yourself hard.  Request a cholesterol test as well as anything else, LDL tends to be significantly elevated in longhaulers, and is often the only abnormal result amongst the standard tests.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69671 on: March 27, 2022, 06:56:25 pm »
We live with mother in law. She has a weakened immune system because of all the tablets she is on due to her arthritis. She has had a bad cold for the past three weeks (had negative lft three times) and a cough that has gotten worse over the last two weeks, she is due to go to the doctor tomorrow because of it. I did another lft this morning and it has turned out positive, the rest of us have tested negative so far.

Turns out she went to her sons house on Tuesday as it was his wifes birthday knowing that the son and grandson were positive, she said she thought it would be ok as the doors and windows were open.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69672 on: March 27, 2022, 08:40:47 pm »
We live with mother in law. She has a weakened immune system because of all the tablets she is on due to her arthritis. She has had a bad cold for the past three weeks (had negative lft three times) and a cough that has gotten worse over the last two weeks, she is due to go to the doctor tomorrow because of it. I did another lft this morning and it has turned out positive, the rest of us have tested negative so far.

Turns out she went to her sons house on Tuesday as it was his wifes birthday knowing that the son and grandson were positive, she said she thought it would be ok as the doors and windows were open.

No disrespect to her, but that's pretty stupid.
Nah.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69673 on: March 28, 2022, 01:16:21 am »
No disrespect to her, but that's pretty stupid.
even more irresponsible from the son and wife actually letting her into the house

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #69674 on: March 28, 2022, 01:24:13 am »
thought it was a maximum of 10 days after that don't believe you are infectious, not that it matters now, the government have said you can do what you want and spread at your hearts content.

You might be OK.

Missus had it and I didn't get it despite being in the same house and not particularly avoiding each other.

Her brother had it and his wife didn't get it either and I know a couple more people that had someone in their house that had it, but didn't infect anyone else

Seems a bit strange to me that - unless some people are immune?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69675 on: March 28, 2022, 08:30:52 am »
You might be OK.

Missus had it and I didn't get it despite being in the same house and not particularly avoiding each other.

Her brother had it and his wife didn't get it either and I know a couple more people that had someone in their house that had it, but didn't infect anyone else

Seems a bit strange to me that - unless some people are immune?
certainly looks that way, it's been a week now and not testing positive, this is the second time at least I have been in close contact with people who have subsequently tested positive without getting it.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #69676 on: March 30, 2022, 11:39:52 am »
The modest ensemble of mutations relative to the wild type that are currently known to reduce vaccine efficacy is likely to contain the majority of all possible escape mutations for future variants, predicting the continued efficacy of the existing vaccines.

https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/mbio.00135-22

Fingers crossed

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69677 on: March 31, 2022, 07:17:26 pm »
Was in the chemist earlier. 5 members of staff, 4 other customers. I was the only one wearing a mask.
Went to Iceland on the way home from the chemist. At least 20 people and 5 or 6 staff. 2 other people wearing a mask and no staff members.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #69678 on: March 31, 2022, 07:54:23 pm »
Was in the chemist earlier. 5 members of staff, 4 other customers. I was the only one wearing a mask.
Went to Iceland on the way home from the chemist. At least 20 people and 5 or 6 staff. 2 other people wearing a mask and no staff members.

That's a pretty long way home from the chemist, I hope you had a plane... ;D

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69679 on: March 31, 2022, 07:59:10 pm »

Not even chemist staff ?! At least the staff in the chemist I use wear them..........and meanwhile, nearly 16,000 hospital admissions in the week up to last Sunday - with levels in hospital now at what they were in January, 20k. Watch these figures grow after today with free testing going.