Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension  (Read 896183 times)

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #1760 on: February 18, 2022, 08:02:02 am »
Mister Drone update here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ5hRyMCDzc

Is he called Mr Drone because he's an Everton fan?  Decent video's he gets, must have long arms like Jordan Pickford to get the camera up to some of the heights he does, which I find impressive.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1761 on: March 3, 2022, 10:01:32 pm »
With the utd match being moved and an away draw in the cup, we should see nearly 4 weeks of uninterrupted work.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #1762 on: March 3, 2022, 10:24:41 pm »
This lad does a really decent job on these videos and considering he's a blue, he is very respectable towards our club.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OvO4H6oVR20" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OvO4H6oVR20</a>

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #1763 on: March 3, 2022, 10:48:22 pm »

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1764 on: March 9, 2022, 11:30:21 am »
Can anyone tell me if there is a timeline flying about explaining the dates of planned completion of stages of the build? I only want to know so that when I see the youtube videos and pics fans are posting online. I can get a greater understanding of whats been started/completed already then whats next to come.
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1765 on: March 9, 2022, 12:35:49 pm »
Can anyone tell me if there is a timeline flying about explaining the dates of planned completion of stages of the build? I only want to know so that when I see the youtube videos and pics fans are posting online. I can get a greater understanding of whats been started/completed already then whats next to come.

Open for 23/24. That’s about it I think.

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1766 on: March 9, 2022, 03:51:13 pm »

I remember KSS released this youtube video of the planned Main Stand construction. Wish something similar could of been done with the Anfield Road End.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlEI_fdmBds
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1767 on: March 9, 2022, 04:13:00 pm »
I remember KSS released this youtube video of the planned Main Stand construction. Wish something similar could of been done with the Anfield Road End.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlEI_fdmBds

I guess with all thats gone on the last two years they're just getting on with it without any fanfare or extra cost.
The main stand was much more of a showpiece 'event' in FSG's manifesto of turning the club around. And shifting boxes.

I don't mind it to be honest. There's only about 2 images of the current Annie Road being built on the whole of the internet.

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1768 on: March 9, 2022, 09:19:50 pm »
I think I may have asked this question but are the club and the city council looking to improve Walton Breck Road area around the kop. I did see some sketches but not sure where or if that is proposed. The area around the Main Stand is beautiful with the greenery and trees. Just a really nice public realm. Would be nice for a similar development outside of the kop.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #1769 on: March 10, 2022, 10:22:52 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cpsInCibSKs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cpsInCibSKs</a>

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: March 11, 2022, 07:23:48 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/anfield-road-stand-expansion-six-months

For any who haven't seen it.

Also seen this quote

“We haven’t actually finally decided on the exact breakdown of ticketing,” he said when pressed how many on the season ticket waiting list may get good news.

“But approximately 2,000 hospitality and 5,000 general admissions, but it’s yet to be decided [how many of those will be for season tickets].”

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1771 on: March 11, 2022, 08:34:30 am »
Few interesting bits here regarding the build timeline and when the roof's coming off (possibly during Qatar world cup).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0tm1Aiwq9BU&amp;ab" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0tm1Aiwq9BU&amp;ab</a>

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1772 on: March 11, 2022, 11:00:05 am »
Is the current lower Annie rd staying exactly as it is with the upper moved and rebuilt?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1773 on: March 12, 2022, 10:02:04 pm »

The more successful we are, the longer it will take. Basically, the more mid-week games we have the longer it will take.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1774 on: March 12, 2022, 10:10:00 pm »
The more successful we are, the longer it will take. Basically, the more mid-week games we have the longer it will take.

We’re ahead of schedule I believe, or at least on it, and given we’ve been about as successful as we can be up to now it doesn’t appear to be slowing things down.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1775 on: March 12, 2022, 10:13:11 pm »

Why do you say that?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #1776 on: March 13, 2022, 06:58:56 am »
Why do you say that?

Why do you think?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: March 13, 2022, 10:30:18 am »
Why do you say that?

Wasn’t there some rules with the main stand construction that it had to stop in the 24 hours leading up to a game or something along those lines? More games = more stoppages.

That’s how I interpreted the post anyway.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1778 on: March 13, 2022, 07:32:32 pm »
Why do you say that?

From the Echo. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-anfield-road-expansion-breaking-23352491

Storms Franklin and Eunice last month did threaten to hold up progress on the site, while the Reds' ongoing pursuit of all four trophies has made work for contractors, the Buckingham Group, slower than initially anticipated as a result of the packed fixture list.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1779 on: March 13, 2022, 07:41:43 pm »
From the Echo. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-anfield-road-expansion-breaking-23352491

Storms Franklin and Eunice last month did threaten to hold up progress on the site, while the Reds' ongoing pursuit of all four trophies has made work for contractors, the Buckingham Group, slower than initially anticipated as a result of the packed fixture list.

Yet in the same article...

"It's a big day, it's really exciting and there's lots of progress on site," Mr Hughes told the ECHO. "The main message is: we're on track.

"So obviously a lot of work has taken place already and we've had some poor weather lately, so to still be on track having come through the winter is all good news, so it is all positive."

So despite shocking weather, and being in all comps still, we're on track.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: March 13, 2022, 07:59:33 pm »
Plus we don’t play every game at home, and have the Summer and a Winter World Cup coming up this year alone

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1781 on: March 13, 2022, 08:14:27 pm »

"It's a big day, it's really exciting and there's lots of progress on site," Mr Hughes told the ECHO. "The main message is: we're on track.

"So obviously a lot of work has taken place already and we've had some poor weather lately, so to still be on track having come through the winter is all good news, so it is all positive."

I didn't say we were behind schedule Craig.

The reality is that the more home games we play the slower progress will be. If we had played less home games and the weather was kinder we may have been ahead of shedule.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1782 on: March 13, 2022, 08:16:30 pm »
I didn't say we were behind schedule Craig.

The reality is that the more home games we play the slower progress will be. If we had played less home games and the weather was kinder we may have been ahead of shedule.

I doubt being ahead of schedule matters much - they will have to wait until certain planned windows to do certain work (i.e. take the roof off).

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1783 on: March 13, 2022, 08:22:07 pm »
I doubt being ahead of schedule matters much - they will have to wait until certain planned windows to do certain work (i.e. take the roof off).

Being ahead allows you a buffer for when you do get delays.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1784 on: March 14, 2022, 02:58:57 am »
Being ahead allows you a buffer for when you do get delays.

They’ll need to shift the goalposts at some point to.

;)
We are Liverpool!

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: March 14, 2022, 10:34:05 pm »

I'd be stunned if the programme did not allow for the maximum number of games in a season. Not sure if they're working weekends but as I recall the last "wind-off" days were done and dusted by a Monday. Wind is not necessarily an excuse for delay and will be taken into account.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1786 on: March 15, 2022, 04:50:35 am »
I'd be stunned if the programme did not allow for the maximum number of games in a season. Not sure if they're working weekends but as I recall the last "wind-off" days were done and dusted by a Monday. Wind is not necessarily an excuse for delay and will be taken into account.

Thats why God gave us Primavera P6 EPPM Peter...
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: March 16, 2022, 06:43:30 pm »
They’ll need to shift the goalposts at some point to.

;)

Perhaps they can get Al in on a consultancy basis?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1788 on: March 17, 2022, 01:10:01 pm »
Thats why God gave us Primavera P6 EPPM Peter...

And God said "Let there be..." oh, wait now - is that on a nil float critical path?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #1789 on: March 17, 2022, 10:28:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ct1dKNUyQYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ct1dKNUyQYY</a>

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1790 on: March 17, 2022, 10:47:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ct1dKNUyQYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ct1dKNUyQYY</a>

How Anfield Will (Also) Look with 61,000 Capacity in Summer 2023

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1791 on: March 18, 2022, 11:17:36 am »
When I was a teenager, and hardly missed a home game in the 70's it never occurred to me how much of a dump Anfield was, cos it didn't matter, as long as by hook or by crook I got in. Most grounds were the same, some of them right shitholes, but back then nobody really gave a fuck.

As I got older, and Anfield got developed, stand by stand I took more of an interest in stadium design and just as importantly the surrounding areas. In my opinion Anfield has now become the best of all the redeveloped stadiums in the world, especially with the limited footprint it stands on.

This view is awesome, the new Annie Rd is a superb design, that stand has always been a bit shit, inside and out due its location. Even if the Kop and Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand look a bit small and dated now, I can live with that, cos it's amazing how far we've come. Maybe those 2 sides of the ground will get developed in the future, but I think that'll be a long way off.

For now, all those responsible for the transformation of Anfield deserve huge credit, thank God we stayed put and had the foresight, imagination and dertemination to see this project through!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: March 18, 2022, 06:56:04 pm »
When I was a teenager, and hardly missed a home game in the 70's it never occurred to me how much of a dump Anfield was, cos it didn't matter, as long as by hook or by crook I got in. Most grounds were the same, some of them right shitholes, but back then nobody really gave a fuck.

As I got older, and Anfield got developed, stand by stand I took more of an interest in stadium design and just as importantly the surrounding areas. In my opinion Anfield has now become the best of all the redeveloped stadiums in the world, especially with the limited footprint it stands on.

This view is awesome, the new Annie Rd is a superb design, that stand has always been a bit shit, inside and out due its location. Even if the Kop and Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand look a bit small and dated now, I can live with that, cos it's amazing how far we've come. Maybe those 2 sides of the ground will get developed in the future, but I think that'll be a long way off.

For now, all those responsible for the transformation of Anfield deserve huge credit, thank God we stayed put and had the foresight, imagination and dertemination to see this project through!
Agreed Mike, the area around the main stand and the building itself look great and the new any rd will further enhance the area.
I was driving to the crem with my dad (an old blue) a few weeks back and when the stand came into view I said to my dad, they’ve done cracking job with that haven’t they? I got a mumbled acknowledgement!

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: March 18, 2022, 09:49:58 pm »

I’ve had a season ticket on the kop for around 32 years and your right the ground has come on leaps and bounds, the second tier on the anfield road stand was one of the worst stand extensions I’ve ever seen and this rebuild now is a fantastic upgrade, the main stand and area around it are superb and very soon will be joined by the Annie road stand. My one wish and I know it’s difficult is that the kop can somehow be extended, I know the kenny dalglish stand is also difficult but if somehow these two stands could be redone to match the other 2 i honesty think we would have the best football stadium in the world.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1794 on: March 19, 2022, 09:13:13 am »

This look great. I have two questions,

1. Are they gonna stick the away fans in both the lower and upper section of the new Annie road against the wall in the corner rather than giving them the best specs behind the goal all in the lower tier. Makes no sense

2. The stand looks so much bigger. I wonder what row number it goes to

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1795 on: March 19, 2022, 11:03:50 am »
1. Are they gonna stick the away fans in both the lower and upper section of the new Annie road against the wall in the corner rather than giving them the best specs behind the goal all in the lower tier. Makes no sense

They'll be in Upper and Lower I believe. Seem to remember talk of them switching to the Kenny Stand side but not sure if this is happening anymore.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1796 on: March 19, 2022, 11:51:36 am »
They'll be in Upper and Lower I believe. Seem to remember talk of them switching to the Kenny Stand side but not sure if this is happening anymore.

That’s good, thanks for the info. It doesn’t matter what side they’re on for me although if they’re on the kenny side they’ll be away from the players warming up on the touch line

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1797 on: March 19, 2022, 11:09:02 pm »
Agreed Mike, the area around the main stand and the building itself look great and the new any rd will further enhance the area.
I was driving to the crem with my dad (an old blue) a few weeks back and when the stand came into view I said to my dad, they’ve done cracking job with that haven’t they? I got a mumbled acknowledgement!

I think you might have a hard job convincing the people who saw their community destroyed by the Club buying up houses and then tinning them up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1798 on: March 20, 2022, 03:10:17 am »
I think you might have a hard job convincing the people who saw their community destroyed by the Club buying up houses and then tinning them up.

That's true, but to be fair, FSG has done a better job engaging with the local community. The planning permission for both new stands and public engagement has been decent. Also, I don't miss dog shit alley.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: March 20, 2022, 05:17:08 pm »

Take a look around. Devastated community? By FSG? Really? Not so much.