Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1320161 times)

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #9280 on: March 4, 2020, 09:31:09 am »
You can't blame people for panicking a bit as we've literally seen it all before. But let's all calm down, this team has showed what they can do and we need a MAXIMUM of 4 wins, 3 if one of those is City. Let's not go insane. Wouldn't be surprised if United do us a favour next Sunday too. We now need to smash Bournemouth next saturday and qualify against Atletico and it's all back to normal.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9281 on: March 4, 2020, 09:44:20 am »
It is not time to panic.

But suddenly we look mortal again. Klopp knows we have to get back to doing some of the things we
are so good at.

Back to one game at a time. Just Bournemouth, nothing else. Get everyone right and make sure we defend properly.

Doesn't matter if it is 1-0 off Sadio's backside, get that win in the bag and start playing again.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #9282 on: March 4, 2020, 09:53:00 am »
It's a perfect time to panic!!

Bournemouth at home is a nice fixture to get out of a slump though, we didn't kick on immediately after that fixture last year but I certainly felt beating them 3-0 after that poor January was the catalyst that ultimately got us back on track. I know we'll get out of it but just slightly worried that Atletico is so soon and we NEED a result.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9283 on: March 4, 2020, 09:55:19 am »
I'm 100% panicking.

We don't look at all like the same team.

Physically tired, mentally tired, believed the hype, expecting the wins to just happen?

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9284 on: March 4, 2020, 09:59:24 am »
expecting the wins to just happen?

I'm not panicking but I think there was definitely a bit of this against Watford, and we got seriously lucky against West Ham which kind of fed into that. When you've done as well as we have there's definitely the scope to forget what put you there in the first place - and that was some serious graft, focus and mental fortitude. We need more focus at the back and more calm up top. It's not gone away and it'll come back, we just need it soon given what's on the horizon.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9285 on: March 4, 2020, 10:00:45 am »
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #9286 on: March 4, 2020, 10:08:30 am »
Oh, we have stopped taking one game at a time....

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #9287 on: March 4, 2020, 10:12:32 am »
We're winning it against Villa on 12/04/2020  :wave :champ
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9288 on: March 4, 2020, 10:20:29 am »
Too easy to make connections between 3 defeats that aren't there. They were 3 very different types of scenarios, different line-ups and different levels of motivation.

1. Tough away CL game where we didn't play too badly. A notoriously stubborn side go 1-0 up early and defended for their lives. We take a 1-0 in the end.

2. More or less a dead rubber against Watford, lacked motivation and looked complacent.

3. A cup game using a second string side with 6 or 7 changes. Naturally looked disjointed and a bit raggy at times. Played with front 3 that to my knowledge have never started a single match together before.

We'll know more after Bournemouth which will essentially be a warm up game for the CL match. I want to see a reaction, with some real urgency in our play and some solid defending. If we get that, I think we'll be fine going into the Atleti match.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9289 on: March 4, 2020, 10:21:56 am »
I'm 100% panicking.

Physically tired, mentally tired, believed the hype, expecting the wins to just happen?

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/nR0lOtdvqyg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/nR0lOtdvqyg</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9290 on: March 4, 2020, 10:26:04 am »
I'm 100% panicking.

Think anyone chucking this sort of shit at this incredible team is a bit of a shithouse to be honest. You honestly don’t deserve the success we’ve had and will have this season if you can’t deal with a couple of bad results without resorting to such crap.

A few shit goals conceded, that’s it. It happens, just annoying it’s happened in a few games in a row.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9291 on: March 4, 2020, 10:31:23 am »
We are winning it at Emptihad its written in the stars
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #9292 on: March 4, 2020, 10:35:52 am »
I think it'll be mid April

Not cause it's my birthday, no no (Well a bit  :D )

Just think it'd be lovely to win around the anniversary of Hillsborough, some positivity, never forgotten and that timing would be meaningful

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9293 on: March 4, 2020, 10:41:59 am »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.

Sorry that is complete and utter bollocks. Criticise the performance by all means but there wasn't much wrong with the team selection, in fact it was stronger than most would have expected. Any team with Mane, Fabinho, Robbo & VVD is pretty damn strong.

The same players who were poor on Saturday were poor last night, and the ones who could've played were also poor on Sat so it's not like he dropped in form players.

Chelsea were also below strength, but it was a simply that they played better than us and we have to work this out as a group, not just look at individuals.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9294 on: March 4, 2020, 10:43:17 am »
I would not be shocked if Bournemouth got a result on Saturday. I believe, for Jurgen,  the focus has slightly shifted (for now) on the game vs Ateltico. And I totally agree.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9295 on: March 4, 2020, 10:47:53 am »
Too easy to make connections between 3 defeats that aren't there. They were 3 very different types of scenarios, different line-ups and different levels of motivation.

1. Tough away CL game where we didn't play too badly. A notoriously stubborn side go 1-0 up early and defended for their lives. We take a 1-0 in the end.

To be honest I wasn't too bothered about this one at the time. I fully expected it to be an isolated loss in a very tough game.

2. More or less a dead rubber against Watford, lacked motivation and looked complacent.

We have no "dead rubbers" until the league is sown up and the team should know that and act accordingly.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9296 on: March 4, 2020, 10:52:55 am »
To be honest I wasn't too bothered about this one at the time. I fully expected it to be an isolated loss in a very tough game.

We have no "dead rubbers" until the league is sown up and the team should know that and act accordingly.

You can't expect the same level of motivation in a big CL knockout and a league game where you're 22 points clear with 10 play. In a perfect world, you might. But in reality, it's highly unlikely.

Offline sgtwillko

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9297 on: March 4, 2020, 11:05:34 am »
I was at the game yesterday and although it was disappointing, there was still an aura of "more is to come" in future... like after Kiev.

Simply put, there's no better time to enjoy being a red. Yes, it may be seen as an anti-climax to not win multiple trophies this season given how good we are, but make no mistake, it's certainly not an underachievement.

No matter what anybody says (media or rival fans), we are amazing. Other fans will try and bait us by asking if we're angry or annoyed with the last few games, or the fact we may not get multiple trophies. The general consensus I found is that all reds are fine.

We're disappointed with recent performances, but we've waited so long for the PL and we shouldn't enjoy it any less given our position. Fast forward in future, if the PL was our only trophy this season... it will always be remembered as the one where we broke our duck. That's the bigger picture, and sustaining the success with a PL or CL win next season will secure this dynasty era.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9298 on: March 4, 2020, 11:07:18 am »
I was at the game yesterday and although it was disappointing, there was still an aura of "more is to come" in future... like after Kiev.

Simply put, there's no better time to enjoy being a red. Yes, it may be seen as an anti-climax to not win multiple trophies this season given how good we are, but make no mistake, it's certainly not an underachievement.

No matter what anybody says (media or rival fans), we are amazing. Other fans will try and bait us by asking if we're angry or annoyed with the last few games, or the fact we may not get multiple trophies. The general consensus I found is that all reds are fine.

We're disappointed with recent performances, but we've waited so long for the PL and we shouldn't enjoy it any less given our position. Fast forward in future, if the PL was our only trophy this season... it will always be remembered as the one where we broke our duck. That's the bigger picture, and sustaining the success with a PL or CL win next season will secure this dynasty era.

Boss first post mate, love your attitude  :)

This is history, this is destiny... blips happen, so what, let's enjoy it!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9299 on: March 4, 2020, 11:16:19 am »
I would not be shocked if Bournemouth got a result on Saturday. I believe, for Jurgen,  the focus has slightly shifted (for now) on the game vs Ateltico. And I totally agree.

I would be. They are terrible defensively and we are at Anfield. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be getting a comfortable win. One league loss and suddenly people are doubting every game for us?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9300 on: March 4, 2020, 11:18:34 am »

I love how you have invented something in your own head, then ascribed it Jurgen Klopp's mind,
then agreed with yourself!

Brilliant :)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #9301 on: March 4, 2020, 11:20:12 am »
One league loss and suddenly people are doubting every game for us?
Haha I know. Fucking flapping at the first dropped points. Putting it down to what songs were singing lol

Absolute bells

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #9302 on: March 4, 2020, 11:21:04 am »
I love how you have invented something in your own head, then ascribed it Jurgen Klopp's mind,
then agreed with yourself!

Brilliant :)
:lmao

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #9303 on: March 4, 2020, 11:24:10 am »
lets just get sorted for Bmouth and let Anfield do it's job...one game at a time thinking is something that the Fans need to do as much as the team...when we panic it can seep run into the team

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #9304 on: March 4, 2020, 11:25:23 am »

Totally agree with your sentiment.  Surely none of us think this is the end for this amazing Klopp team story??

When we lost in Kiev, I admit I was devastated... (and just look what happened the next year...)

When Kompany cruelly put paid to our dreams last year, I was so disappointed - (but look at us now!!!)

Just remember our proud club anthem...

"Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown"

We are at the dawning of a new age for our club - full of trophies and records and glory...

And as we all know in our hearts ...

"There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark"

This time is ours...

YNWA
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9305 on: March 4, 2020, 11:29:23 am »
'You haven't won the league in 30 years, you're shite'

'We're probably going to win the league this year'

'Everyone else is shit, doesn't count'

'Possibly a record points total...?'

'Didn't go unbeaten, doesn't count'

'Ok, well I've waited thirty years for this, every year you all tell me we're nothing unless we win the league and now that looks likely so that's a real monkey off our back and hopefully we'll progress from here'

'Didn't win the treble though did you, doesn't count'

Like I said, the league is more than enough after all these years, especially as we've already won the Champions league with this team. Arsenals 'invincibles' didn't win in Europe so that would indicate that this team have been pretty good..'

'VAR'

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #9306 on: March 4, 2020, 11:29:46 am »
We are winning it at Emptihad its written in the stars

As I’ve said all along

I’ll just take winning it. We’re in top 6 form now.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9307 on: March 4, 2020, 11:34:09 am »

Aye good post & welcome to the madness.

We do have another 18 ducks in the locker tho!  :D  :wave
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9308 on: March 4, 2020, 11:40:16 am »
Five poor performances in a row is concerning, regardless of how we are doing before then. Very strange that practically every player has turned into a mistake prone one. We have now been losing in four consecutive games, and lost three of them.

We need to beat Bournemouth to get some momentum for the Atletico match.
Its not regardless of what happened before though is it. The reason we've hit a bump is partly due to what came before - a relentless run of form unrivaled in any of the European leagues in history. A focus and concentration that no team can sustain forever, and a range of niggling injuries and individual losses of form that the fixture congestion wasn't helping.

We've also played badly during our 44 game run and won, but against Watford we played badly and lost. Simple. Were we that bad against Ateltico - one of the most organsied and defensively minded teams on the planet? Were we that bad against Chelsea or were we beaten by the better team on the night after Adrian spilled a straightforward save into the net and Fabinho decided not to take out Barkley before he scored? We made 7 changes from the Watford game, started with 2 youngsters plus Lallana/Minimino/Origi who've barely played - that's 5 players with very few minutes between them. Chelsea started with 1 youngster and 10 experienced players and Kepa decided to choose this game to start making big saves.

We've lost momentum as we always seem to after a break, and its something no doubt Klopp and his team will work on.

Our next 5 games are: Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, City, Villa
City's next 5 games are: Utd, Arsenal, Burnley, Liverpool, Southampton

We'll be fine.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9309 on: March 4, 2020, 11:40:44 am »
I love it when people try to make out that us winning somehow "doesn't count"
Keep it coming dickheads, it says more about you.

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #9310 on: March 4, 2020, 11:47:31 am »
jeeesus lads.....we are 22 points in front and need 4 more wins with 11 games to go! NO NEED TO PANIC! I REPEAT! DO NOT PANIC!!!

That was before the Watford game, 4 from 10 now!

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #9311 on: March 4, 2020, 11:51:10 am »

;) :o 8)
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9312 on: March 4, 2020, 11:55:41 am »
Thread title needs to be changed to something else. "This season" or something.  League was finished in December.

Lifting the PL in May will be incredible regardless of what else happens. The 30 year wait will make sure of that.  But I'm greedy. I think opportunities like this, teams like this, come around once in a generation. We're better than "just" a league title.  I really believed we had a record-breaking, double/treble winning,  legacy-tier, beyond-belief ridiculous season on our hands. That's something that only comes around once in a lifetime. I wanted us to blow Ferguson's treble winners or the Invincibles out of the water. I wanted this team to be spoken of in the same reverent tones as Brazil 70 or peak Guardiola Barca. And league-wise, we'll still do that purely on points total. But fuck points totals. I want trophies. I wanted the FA Cup and I want the Champions League alongside the PL this season, because this group of players, this manager, the heights they've been hitting are incredibly special. Performing at a level I'm not sure can be improved upon. So to see us dumped out of the FA Cup by a bang average Chelsea side, with all their sign on/Gerrard/victims chants, was dispiriting, regardless of what's going on in the league. I can stomach going out of the FA Cup but I will be really disappointed if Atletico now knock us out too,  because we're better than them. We're better than all of them.
Relax - we'll do all of that next season  8)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9313 on: March 4, 2020, 11:58:56 am »
I should know better, but I really cannot believe the panic going on with some in our fanbase. It's utter madness.

OK, we've hit a blip. It was virtually guaranteed to happen at some point. It's a long season, and too many people have forgotten that. Too many shot their load soon after Christmas believing it was all done and dusted when it clearly wasn't. Wins don't just happen because we turn up, they have to be earned and fought for. Problem is, at the moment we have lost momentum, rhythm and form, so are having a wobble. We need to have a bit more backbone than to go into panic mode over this. Chances are we will suffer a couple more defeats in the league before the end of the season. I never for a moment thought we'd go unbeaten, and the treble never crossed my mind either. These 'targets' were more fan and pundit inventions than anything we were actively striving for.

We'll get back on track. A team that's achieved what this one has doesn't turn to shite overnight. The season is long, and unless you get ridiculously lucky you are going to hit a rough patch at some point. We've just lost focus and momentum, and that can be the result of being 22 points ahead and the world and his dog declaring it done and dusted in January when it's not. Thing is, we may think it's done, and switch off as a result, but every other side we play have their own reasons to desperately want to beat us. Some because of who and what we are, others because they need the points in order to survive, and others because they need the points to get into Europe.

Despite the fact every other club is fighting like dogs for their own reasons, half of our fans have already switched off believing it's all a formality, then moaning like fuck when reality bites them on the arse. As for the team, well they need to simply get back to doing what they do best. Get back to doing what got them this far ahead in the first place. I also think the ones in our fanbase who basically switched off in January need to get back on it again and realise we have work to do.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2020, 12:02:18 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9314 on: March 4, 2020, 12:01:00 pm »

When you can't sleep at night due to reality, inventing an alternative one can soothe the pain, but reality is always reality.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9315 on: March 4, 2020, 12:15:14 pm »
The odds of City winning it massive. Honestly if you are really shitting it that we will lose it that this stage then go put even a small amount of money on them doing so. That is of course if you are a fucking traitor :)

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #9316 on: March 4, 2020, 12:45:05 pm »
Hopefully all those suffering a wobble on here who have a ticket for the Bournemouth game can turn their support back up to 10 on Saturday. We haven't really been on it since the winter break, but I expect noisy support for the rest of the season. Pretty sure Klopp and the boys in red will turn their efforts up a notch or three.

Up the reds!  :scarf :champ :scarf

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9317 on: March 4, 2020, 12:47:38 pm »
Winning the league at City is going to be glorious

Cannot wait

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9318 on: March 4, 2020, 12:50:26 pm »
Fucking fannies panicking, fucking big girls blouses - fuck off and take up tiddlywinks or something you can cope with.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9319 on: March 4, 2020, 12:52:42 pm »
Fucking fannies panicking, fucking big girls blouses - fuck off and take up tiddlywinks or something you can cope with.

;D ;D

They should do what I do and stomp about screaming THIS IS DESTINY

Sure, you get kicked out of the dentists' waiting room, but it guarantees a win!