Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1320220 times)

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #9240 on: March 3, 2020, 10:20:21 pm »
Why are you not bothered about the FA cup? It's a major tournament which we should be going all out to win!  I get that it's hard to criticize Klopp but success can only be measured by trophies and Klopp so far has only won 1.  How many have City won in the last few years?
I stopped caring about the FA cup soon after the English FA did. If they gave a fuck they wouldn't hold the prestigious third round days after teams have played 345 games in 22 days during December. They also wouldn't have scheduled fourth-round replays during the scheduled Premier League winter break.

Teams near the top don't take it so seriously because of CL and Europa commitments, and the desire to get into a CL spot in the league. Lower half teams don't take it seriously due to a desire to remain in the Premier League. City are hoovering up domestic cups because they have a financially doped squad and their second XI has the beating of any English team barring a full Liverpool side in any game. Why is this so hard to understand?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2020, 10:23:05 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9241 on: March 3, 2020, 10:23:11 pm »
After a weekend seeing Man City’s £500 million reserve team win the league cup for a third time in a row, whilst we rely on £7 million bargain buys and free goalkeepers for depth, you’re honestly surprised people aren’t THAT fussed?
I didn't watch or pay any attention to City so forgive me for not considering that

@ 24/7 - I respect you have your own personal view there, much of which i agree with so fair play, I agree with the sentiments towards the FA perhaps not as much towards the trophy

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9242 on: March 3, 2020, 10:24:19 pm »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.  The team he picked wasnt good enough to win the game meaning yet again we crash out of another domestic cup competition just a few days after City sweep up another one.  No Salah, no Firminio, no Trent, no Alison and no Wijnaldum.  Basically 4 out of our top 6 players. Just why? Why on earth didn't Alison play? Keepers don't need resting!

Why didn't he choose the league game against Bournemouth to rest the key players given that whilst it may still be mathematically possible for City to catch us it's basically impossible.

Yes it's great to finally win the league again but the season isn't just about the league and the CL and we have let the domestic cups go again far too cheaply.  Yet again, when another Wembley final rolls around at the end of the season, we won't be contesting it. I'm fuming.

What's disgusting is that you only ever post to moan,must have been a very frustrating year for you.

Who do you support ?

In fact don't bother,this thread is about our title run in,it's not a thread to piss and moan about the FA fucking cup.

« Last Edit: March 3, 2020, 10:26:46 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9243 on: March 3, 2020, 10:24:35 pm »
When did it become cool not give a fuck about the FA Cup?

I'm gutted, can't understand red who isn't

Yeah but 22 points mate. What's the point travelling to watch your team in a cup completion or even just supporting them from your living room just so you can get "22 points" thrown in your face. Why are them people even watching us in other competitions other than the league?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #9244 on: March 3, 2020, 10:27:35 pm »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.  The team he picked wasnt good enough to win the game meaning yet again we crash out of another domestic cup competition just a few days after City sweep up another one.  No Salah, no Firminio, no Trent, no Alison and no Wijnaldum.  Basically 4 out of our top 6 players. Just why? Why on earth didn't Alison play? Keepers don't need resting!

Why didn't he choose the league game against Bournemouth to rest the key players given that whilst it may still be mathematically possible for City to catch us it's basically impossible.

Yes it's great to finally win the league again but the season isn't just about the league and the CL and we have let the domestic cups go again far too cheaply.  Yet again, when another Wembley final rolls around at the end of the season, we won't be contesting it. I'm fuming.

You're fuming for no reason. This was an FA cup match mate, not the league. Sort it out!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9245 on: March 3, 2020, 10:31:08 pm »

So the league isn't good enough for you now? You also wanted a treble as well, how spoilt people become very quickly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9246 on: March 3, 2020, 10:32:23 pm »
Fuck. No FA Cup. Gonna have to settle for the league  :no

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9247 on: March 3, 2020, 10:33:51 pm »
I do agree with that

wow  ;D you de-escalated quickly

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9248 on: March 3, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »
When did it become cool not give a fuck about the FA Cup?

I'm gutted, can't understand red who isn't

Because I want the League more, that is what this year is about. Despite the lead we have we need to get over the line and I don't want anything to get in the way of it.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9249 on: March 3, 2020, 10:37:24 pm »
City have got united and Chelsea away before we play palace. How does it start to work if they drop points? We need 12 to be sure as I understand but does that decrease as city drop points (ie if they drew with united we'd only need 10)
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9250 on: March 3, 2020, 10:41:00 pm »
Yeah, 12 needed if we presume city win all their games bar us.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9251 on: March 3, 2020, 10:48:40 pm »

So in turn - for example - a draw v united for them and a loss to Chelsea would make it 7 points and so on? It's a 12 point "swing"
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9252 on: March 3, 2020, 10:51:40 pm »
So in turn - for example - a draw v united for them and a loss to Chelsea would make it 7 points and so on? It's a 12 point "swing"
Yeah, but hopefully we beat Bournemouth on Saturday and cut it to 9  :) I see it like this, we have Bournemouth, Palace, Villa, and Burnley at home. Win those four and that is it. These are the games we 'should' win, and we will be overwhelming favourites to beat Newcastle and Brighton away. We also have Chelsea at home, and City, Arsenal, and Everton away. Tough games but we'll surely gain points from them!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9253 on: March 3, 2020, 10:52:05 pm »

No Samuel, 12 are only needed if City win every game including against us. If that game is a draw then the most they can get is 89 so we’d need 10 points in total (including the 1 we’d get from that game).

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9254 on: March 3, 2020, 10:54:47 pm »
No Samuel, 12 are only needed if City win every game including against us. If that game is a draw then the most they can get is 89 so we’d need 10 points in total (including the 1 we’d get from that game).
Beat the c*nts and we only need two wins! Beat Bournemouth as well and it is only one! We got home games with the Cherries and Palace, and the Derby at the shed before the Cheats. If they drop 3 points by then and we take 9 from 9, it is done and dusted already. Take 7/9 and City win out to our game, we have the chance to win it at their place. :lickin

Personally, I want us to do it at home to Palace because I would love to get it done at home in front of the fans, and on Saturday evening for a proper piss up weekend!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9255 on: March 3, 2020, 10:56:29 pm »
City have got united and Chelsea away before we play palace. How does it start to work if they drop points? We need 12 to be sure as I understand but does that decrease as city drop points (ie if they drew with united we'd only need 10)

Chelsea will now be playing an FA cup 1/4 final the weekend they were due to play City.  City will also have a 1/4 final (against the lowest ranked team left, no doubt).

If City lose a game, or draw against both United and Burnley, and we win against Bournemouth and Everton then it could be party time against Palace.

If City win both and we win our next three, then a draw against City does it.  (Basically I think 10 points from our next 4 games wins the league, as by doing that we’ll denying city either 2 or 3 points)

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9256 on: March 3, 2020, 10:57:54 pm »
City playing arsenal now next weds night

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9257 on: March 3, 2020, 10:58:27 pm »
If Utd can do us a favour for a change and beat City we only need 3 wins. Beat Bournemouth and it's 2. We simply have to win on Saturday. Just don't do a Liverpool, Liverpool and balls it that badly so we're having to beat Chelsea at home or Newcastle on the last day of the season to win the league.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9258 on: March 3, 2020, 10:59:03 pm »
City playing arsenal now next weds night

:o

During our game with Atlético?!

Hopefully that will be a massive distraction for them. You just know Guardiola will be more interested in what we’re doing, and sitting on the bench worrying about us going through, than the game going on right in front of him. The obsessed baldy twat.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2020, 11:12:05 pm by Kekule »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9259 on: March 3, 2020, 11:00:40 pm »
If Utd can do us a favour for a change and beat City we only need 3 wins. Beat Bournemouth and it's 2. We simply have to win on Saturday. Just don't do a Liverpool, Liverpool and balls it that badly so we're having to beat Chelsea at home or Newcastle on the last day of the season to win the league.

Do you really believe that would happen?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #9260 on: March 3, 2020, 11:01:22 pm »

I find this a little bit disrespectful to be honest.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9261 on: March 3, 2020, 11:03:56 pm »

For all the bollocks talk of the coronavirus disrupting the season end - surely a bigger worry is that (should we win it) we might not be allowed to have a parade ?  :(

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9262 on: March 3, 2020, 11:09:31 pm »
Going to go with a defeat for city at Utd , draw at home to arsenal then a win at hone to Burnley maximum points 85 , the reds to win against Bournemouth draw at goodison on 83 points then a home game against palace to win it .... utopia

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #9263 on: March 3, 2020, 11:47:11 pm »
Our next four league games
Bournemouth H, 3 points
Everton A, 1 point
Palace H 3 points
City A 1 point

City's next five
Utd A 1 point
Arsenal H 3 points
Burnley H 3 points
Chelsea A 3 points
Liverpool H 1 points

We'd be champions, right?

Are my maths correct?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9264 on: March 3, 2020, 11:54:36 pm »
Our next four league games
Bournemouth H, 3 points
Everton A, 1 point
Palace H 3 points
City A 1 point

City's next five
Utd A 1 point
Arsenal H 3 points
Burnley H 3 points
Chelsea A 3 points
Liverpool H 1 points

We'd be champions, right?

Are my maths correct?

Not quite. That would have us on 87 and the 4 points City drop would mean they could reach 87 if they win their remaining games. So to all intents and purposes it would be done but we’d need one more point, or them to fail to win one more game to be mathematically crowned.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9265 on: March 4, 2020, 12:05:38 am »
Not quite. That would have us on 87 and the 4 points City drop would mean they could reach 87 if they win their remaining games. So to all intents and purposes it would be done but we’d need one more point, or them to fail to win one more game to be mathematically crowned.
City are on 90 pts maximum now. If they drop four (2 at Utd and 2 against us), they'll be on 86.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9266 on: March 4, 2020, 12:34:16 am »
City are on 90 pts maximum now. If they drop four (2 at Utd and 2 against us), they'll be on 86.

Correct.

I know duck all. I’m off to bed. :D

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9267 on: March 4, 2020, 02:35:36 am »
Thread title needs to be changed to something else. "This season" or something.  League was finished in December.

Lifting the PL in May will be incredible regardless of what else happens. The 30 year wait will make sure of that.  But I'm greedy. I think opportunities like this, teams like this, come around once in a generation. We're better than "just" a league title.  I really believed we had a record-breaking, double/treble winning,  legacy-tier, beyond-belief ridiculous season on our hands. That's something that only comes around once in a lifetime. I wanted us to blow Ferguson's treble winners or the Invincibles out of the water. I wanted this team to be spoken of in the same reverent tones as Brazil 70 or peak Guardiola Barca. And league-wise, we'll still do that purely on points total. But fuck points totals. I want trophies. I wanted the FA Cup and I want the Champions League alongside the PL this season, because this group of players, this manager, the heights they've been hitting are incredibly special. Performing at a level I'm not sure can be improved upon. So to see us dumped out of the FA Cup by a bang average Chelsea side, with all their sign on/Gerrard/victims chants, was dispiriting, regardless of what's going on in the league. I can stomach going out of the FA Cup but I will be really disappointed if Atletico now knock us out too,  because we're better than them. We're better than all of them.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9268 on: March 4, 2020, 02:47:09 am »
Thread title needs to be changed to something else. "This season" or something.  League was finished in December.

Lifting the PL in May will be incredible regardless of what else happens. The 30 year wait will make sure of that.  But I'm greedy. I think opportunities like this, teams like this, come around once in a generation. We're better than "just" a league title.  I really believed we had a record-breaking, double/treble winning,  legacy-tier, beyond-belief ridiculous season on our hands. That's something that only comes around once in a lifetime. I wanted us to blow Ferguson's treble winners or the Invincibles out of the water. I wanted this team to be spoken of in the same reverent tones as Brazil 70 or peak Guardiola Barca. And league-wise, we'll still do that purely on points total. But fuck points totals. I want trophies. I wanted the FA Cup and I want the Champions League alongside the PL this season, because this group of players, this manager, the heights they've been hitting are incredibly special. Performing at a level I'm not sure can be improved upon. So to see us dumped out of the FA Cup by a bang average Chelsea side, with all their sign on/Gerrard/victims chants, was dispiriting, regardless of what's going on in the league. I can stomach going out of the FA Cup but I will be really disappointed if Atletico now knock us out too,  because we're better than them. We're better than all of them.

Thing is no matter how good we are there can always be a week where you hit the wrong form and the next thing you know you are out of competitions.

We have seen it before in other campaigns. Only recently whilst City won the league with 100 points in 18/19 they had that week where they lost twice to us and against Utd. They too must have felt they would win the league and CL.

However we still have a chance for that League and CL double. Will be interesting to see whether this is part of the plan in terms of peaking or if something has gone wrong in the planning.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9269 on: March 4, 2020, 05:49:27 am »
Do you really believe that would happen?

No, but you can't rule anything out in football.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #9270 on: March 4, 2020, 07:21:57 am »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9271 on: March 4, 2020, 07:24:21 am »

Would be unlikely.

Heads have fallen off again.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9272 on: March 4, 2020, 07:28:40 am »

If we went into the Chelsea game still needing a win to wrap up the title then we wouldnt win it because what would have come before that would have been the biggest choke in the history of sport.

I wouldnt worry about that. What is worrying is the CL tie coming up.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9273 on: March 4, 2020, 08:07:25 am »
If we went into the Chelsea game still needing a win to wrap up the title then we wouldnt win it because what would have come before that would have been the biggest choke in the history of sport.

I wouldnt worry about that. What is worrying is the CL tie coming up.

Can’t worry about the CL until after Saturday

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9274 on: March 4, 2020, 08:16:31 am »

Forget for a moment! All focus should be on improving our performance and winning on Saturday otherwise forget about beating Madrid

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9275 on: March 4, 2020, 08:19:14 am »

True. We got our arses handed to us by two shite sides so really we need to focus on getting any sort of win against Bournemouth.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9276 on: March 4, 2020, 08:31:09 am »
One thing that’s clear had we had those chances in succession last night earlier on in the season, we would have scored. This is what happens when momentum dips for a team, you can’t win a bit of luck. We  just need to go back to basics and fight for a win starting Saturday. You can always win momentum back, that’s the challenge now.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9277 on: March 4, 2020, 09:12:08 am »
One thing that’s clear had we had those chances in succession last night earlier on in the season, we would have scored. This is what happens when momentum dips for a team, you can’t win a bit of luck. We  just need to go back to basics and fight for a win starting Saturday. You can always win momentum back, that’s the challenge now.

What pissed me off about that was both follow up efforts were hit straight at Kepa, anywhere but straight at the keeper :no
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #9278 on: March 4, 2020, 09:15:06 am »
jeeesus lads.....we are 22 points in front and need 4 more wins with 11 games to go! NO NEED TO PANIC! I REPEAT! DO NOT PANIC!!!

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9279 on: March 4, 2020, 09:15:39 am »
What pissed me off about that was both follow up efforts were hit straight at Kepa, anywhere but straight at the keeper :no
I mean straight at the keeper worked for chelsea