Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1320271 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #9400 on: March 6, 2020, 09:12:56 am »
I do understand why some people may be disappointed that we might ONLY win the league this season (discounting the Super Cup and CWC obviously). I say this as someone who grew up from the days of Shanks watching us win multiple trophies and most of my life until 1990 was watching us win something every season and usually at least 2 trophies, or even three thanks to Joe. We grew up expecting to win everything and were disappointed when we didn't. I've never been in the position though of knowing the league is nailed on in January.

This team falls into the same category as Bobs teams, it is good enough to win more than one honour in a season, so you set your aims high, you enter every tournament thinking you can win it and you should try to do that (CWC scuppered the League Cup bid and I'm happy with that).What you don't do is stamp your feet like Verucca Salt because we didn't win everything, you don;t look in envy at Abu Dhabi and whatever they end up with, what you do is say, next fucking year, we'll win the lot and go from there.

If we do only win the League this season, I'll be ecstatic, it will have been a fantastic season and given up what we all crave, I cannot wait to see Jordan lift it and to see next season on MOTD, Sky, BT whatever, where they show the reigning champions and it is us.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9401 on: March 6, 2020, 09:19:01 am »
The title was always the main priority back in the day, anything else was a bonus, we've won every other trophy since 2000, but not the title since 1990, so doesn't bother me too much if we get knocked out of the CL[although be great to win it again] as long as we're lifting the premier league trophy by the end of the season.
#Sausages

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9402 on: March 6, 2020, 09:27:41 am »
As long as City don't win the Euro cup I'm fine . It would be annoying to only win one trophy while they win 3, when we have clearly been better this season .

:mindblown

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9403 on: March 6, 2020, 09:28:13 am »
Its amusing that a lot in the media are ramping it up in terms of trying to underplay our season. "so if City win the FA Cup and the CL now, they will have had a better season than Liverpool if they ONLY win the league" , I've heard that 20 times this week
They'll completely explode if we were to win the league and CL  ;)

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #9404 on: March 6, 2020, 09:30:21 am »
Its amusing that a lot in the media are ramping it up in terms of trying to underplay our season. "so if City win the FA Cup and the CL now, they will have had a better season than Liverpool if they ONLY win the league" , I've heard that 20 times this week

Well then, lets go and do it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9405 on: March 6, 2020, 09:30:58 am »

This team is able to win both. We were only 2 points off doing it last season.

I would be massively disappointed to go out of the CL at this stage. This team wont be around for a long time so its right that we eek out as much out of them as possible.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9406 on: March 6, 2020, 10:04:31 am »
We’ve seen precious little to suggest Guardiola’s city are capable of going all the way in the CL anyway. If they manage to get to the semis I’ll think they have a shot. That’d be good progress for them :)

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9407 on: March 6, 2020, 10:37:12 am »
We’ve seen precious little to suggest Guardiola’s city are capable of going all the way in the CL anyway. If they manage to get to the semis I’ll think they have a shot. That’d be good progress for them :)

Really?  I thought there win in Madrid was impressive and not even Barcelona could do that recently so they have to be ahead of both those teams.  Who else other than us could stop them right now?  Maybe Bayern on their best day, but I think they still have defensive issues that City would expose.  Please don't say PSG.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9408 on: March 6, 2020, 10:40:23 am »
3? They've only won the League Cup

You are also forgetting the Charity Shield.....counted towards the quadruple didn't you know?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #9409 on: March 6, 2020, 10:47:29 am »
Who the fuck cares how we win it.
Was I disappointed when we lost against Watford? Sure I was, but just because I'm always disappointed when my team loses.

I don't care about records or anything, only about winning football matches and trophies.

Always remember that this is a special club and we're watching a very special side play some of the finest football the world has ever seen.

Drink it in.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9410 on: March 6, 2020, 10:58:46 am »
As long as City don't win the Euro cup I'm fine . It would be annoying to only win one trophy while they win 3, when we have clearly been better this season .
Strewth

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9411 on: March 6, 2020, 11:14:12 am »
bollocks

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9412 on: March 6, 2020, 11:55:23 am »
Annoying? No, of course not

Disappointing to only win one trophy? Of course it would be, if it were to happen. We exist to win trophies. We have a sensational team and manager. We can't guarantee how long we will be this good or at the top of the game. We should be winning as much as possible, and if we don't we need to use it to firm our resolve even further for next season.

The league cup exit was understandable. The FA Cup exit was gutting, as would be a CL exit at this stage. There's nothing wrong with admitting that; in fact for me it's more laudable just to admit we're gutted at going out of a cup then to start making stupid and spurious excuses about ''not caring/wanting to win it'' anyway or ''it's not what it was'' or, worst of all, ''this season was only about winning the league''. Was it fuck. It was, as with every season, about winning everything possible.

So being disappointed is fine. What is not so fine is losing your fucking shit about it all and subjecting everyone else to it. Bit of dignity is surely not too much to ask, from some?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9413 on: March 6, 2020, 12:00:13 pm »
I agree going out the FA cup was gutting. I'm unsure how we can ever win it under Klopp though unless we get Man city style draws until the final. I dont think you can win that cup with heavy rotation especially when you go to grounds like Wolves or Stamford Bridge.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9414 on: March 6, 2020, 01:21:23 pm »

I couldn't care less what Abu Dhabi do. It's what we do that matters.

How can it be annoying to 'only' win the title for the first time in 30 years?

Also, if we win the title it will be our third trophy of the season and three trophies will be going around the city on the bus.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9415 on: March 6, 2020, 01:22:09 pm »
Imagine being annoyed when we win the title  ;D ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9416 on: March 6, 2020, 01:23:35 pm »
Hello. Me, and my 28 year old son, are going to go completely, absolutely, categorically, and without fear of contradiction, totally 100% bonkers with joy and happiness when this mighty team wins the League. I’m so happy about it I can’t really articulate it. I have waited 30 years, since I stood on the pitch at Highfield Rd after Barnes, Rush and co has dismantled Coventry 6-1. We have all have waited and waited. Jürgen Klopp is a phenomenal man and Manager. When Henderson lifts that trophy I’m going to go nuts! Seriously nuts. It’s such a beautiful vision in my mind. I am so proud of this team and it’s achievements.  “Just the League”??? Get.To.Fuck. Up the Mighty, Mighty Reds!

That's the spirit.  :wellin

I was at the Coventry dismantling too. Good times.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9417 on: March 6, 2020, 01:25:35 pm »
Imagine being annoyed when we win the title  ;D ;D
Nah, on the day Liverpool lift the trophy I'll be down the pub drowning my sorrows because we didn't go unbeaten and didn't win the FA cup.

That's the kind of miserable, ungrateful knob I am.  :sad

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9418 on: March 6, 2020, 01:32:52 pm »
The amount of wankers who I've heard talking about the season being 'underwhelming' if we 'just' win the league has made me come to the decision I don't want us to win the league. They'll feel silly then all right.
Always better in life to listen to what the non-wankers are saying.

Old Japanese proverb, that.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9419 on: March 6, 2020, 01:38:15 pm »
I guess younger people who live in the social media are getting wound up a little at the moment at our rivals goading them after our slump in form recently,luckily i'm not there at all.

Looking forward to seeing our lads lifting the trophy as i was a young man the last time i saw that.  :)

The summer is going to be unbearable enough at some quarters,just wait patiently..

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9420 on: March 6, 2020, 01:40:13 pm »
Annoying? No, of course not

Disappointing to only win one trophy? Of course it would be, if it were to happen. We exist to win trophies. We have a sensational team and manager. We can't guarantee how long we will be this good or at the top of the game. We should be winning as much as possible, and if we don't we need to use it to firm our resolve even further for next season.

The league cup exit was understandable. The FA Cup exit was gutting, as would be a CL exit at this stage. There's nothing wrong with admitting that; in fact for me it's more laudable just to admit we're gutted at going out of a cup then to start making stupid and spurious excuses about ''not caring/wanting to win it'' anyway or ''it's not what it was'' or, worst of all, ''this season was only about winning the league''. Was it fuck. It was, as with every season, about winning everything possible.

So being disappointed is fine. What is not so fine is losing your fucking shit about it all and subjecting everyone else to it. Bit of dignity is surely not too much to ask, from some?

I'm always gutted when we lose any game or go out of any competition, especially these days when our first team is good enough to win any competition it enters. I even hate us losing meaningless (in terms of results) pre-season friendlies.

Despite the above, I accept that we have put the vast majority of our eggs into the Premier League basket this season, and anything on top of that would be icing.

I don't think this season has only been about winning the title, but the title has definitely been the priority by some distance. It simply had to be too, because we had Abu Dhabi on the ropes last season and we wrecked their heads. This season was always going to be the one where we delivered the killing blow on them and finally lifted it, just so long as we put absolutely everything into it from beginning to end.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 01:42:37 pm by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9421 on: March 6, 2020, 01:51:13 pm »
I guess younger people who live in the social media are getting wound up a little at the moment at our rivals goading them after our slump in form recently,luckily i'm not there at all.

Looking forward to seeing our lads lifting the trophy as i was a young man the last time i saw that.  :)

The summer is going to be unbearable enough at some quarters,just wait patiently..

I'm youngish, on social media and could not give a fuck about the opinions of fans from teams so far away from our levels it's fucking hilarious. Bedwetting has no age limits.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9422 on: March 6, 2020, 01:52:18 pm »
I remember when we lost to Wolves in the FA Cup around the same time last year. In my nearly ten years of being on here I've never seen anything like it. Practically calling for Klopps head and calling the team bottlers who will never win anything. It really stuck with me.

And that's why when we won the Champions league* at the end of the season, I turned the TV straight off. I didn't go to the parade because I was at home. Sat on the sofa in a stupor. So underwhelmed that we had only won the European cup*. And not the FA cup aswell. I put an asterisk next to it when I write about it now because I don't think it technically counts without winning something else beside it. It was tainted. Well that's what my friends virgins tell me on twitter.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9423 on: March 6, 2020, 01:56:50 pm »
I'm always gutted when we lose any game or go out of any competition, especially these days when our first team is good enough to win any competition it enters. I even hate us losing meaningless (in terms of results) pre-season friendlies.

Despite the above, I accept that we have put the vast majority of our eggs into the Premier League basket this season, and anything on top of that would be icing.

I don't think this season has only been about winning the title, but the title has definitely been the priority by some distance. It simply had to be too, because we had Abu Dhabi on the ropes last season and we wrecked their heads. This season was always going to be the one where we delivered the killing blow on them and finally lifted it, just so long as we put absolutely everything into it from beginning to end.

Like I said and Ghost said, its disappointing as I feel we could win the lot, but certainly not annoying and the title is THE ONE thing we NEED to win. Its about time LFC were Champions of England again.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #9424 on: March 6, 2020, 02:00:13 pm »
Hello. Me, and my 28 year old son, are going to go completely, absolutely, categorically, and without fear of contradiction, totally 100% bonkers with joy and happiness when this mighty team wins the League. I’m so happy about it I can’t really articulate it. I have waited 30 years, since I stood on the pitch at Highfield Rd after Barnes, Rush and co has dismantled Coventry 6-1. We have all have waited and waited. Jürgen Klopp is a phenomenal man and Manager. When Henderson lifts that trophy I’m going to go nuts! Seriously nuts. It’s such a beautiful vision in my mind. I am so proud of this team and it’s achievements.  “Just the League”??? Get.To.Fuck. Up the Mighty, Mighty Reds!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This x 100. Up the magnificent Champions of the World, Europe, and soon to be, England.  :scarf :scarf :champ :champ :champ :scarf :scarf

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9425 on: March 6, 2020, 02:01:03 pm »
We quite clearly haven't got the squad to 'win the lot'. There is a lot of players we rely on keeping fit most of the time.

What the main core of players have produced in terms of consistency in the league has been brilliant and should finally win us the league. But we can't flog them in every competition every 3 days all season, when they play all summer as well. We already have to carry fatigue at times.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9426 on: March 6, 2020, 02:11:46 pm »
Some absolute spanners in here.
Too right.

One of the things on here that really grinds my gears is that people go off and find (or hear) loads of drivel on twitter, talksport, or some other cesspit, and then present it on here, usually under the bracket of 'some fans'. Some of them actually seek it out and then get outraged, which is just a mental way to live your life as a football fan.

They then literally start a pointless argument or debate based on the sum total of fuck all, and usually quote some inane bollocks from Sky, blue moon, twitter, or redcafe, or what some moron down the pub said.

Unless loads of people on here (or at Anfield, or in Liverpool) are saying all that bullshit, then who gives a flying fuck what anyone else thinks? They're probably some anonymous dickheads in the home counties or another country, and its not worth getting wound up about.

I get far more pissed off about people on here sharing the bullshit than I do about the actual bullshit. Just because it winds you up, then don't think that anyone on here actually cares - because (and I'm making a leap of faith here...) I don't think many actually do care.

Support the manager, support the team, and always listen to the opinions of non-twats. I personally find that a good way to follow football. Everyone else is irrelevant - please stop making them relevant and giving them a voice. Every single time you quote a link, a pundit, an ex-player, or any other variation of bellendery on here, you're doing exactly what they want you to do and helping pay their wages/get clicks/boost their tiny ego. Remember, we are Liverpool, we are different, and we are better than that.

Anyway, rant over and back on topic - we're fucking boss and gonna win the league (and possibly the Champions league)  8)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9427 on: March 6, 2020, 02:17:15 pm »
It's odd, I've never once thought we could win the Champions league this year. I'm positive we won't.
To get into the final three years in a row defies all odds and I think the team have been so focussed solely on the league (after last year) from the get go that mentally they aren't quite on the level or playing with the freedom required to do it.

I'm happy for this to be dragged up and me removed from the forum if we do though.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 02:19:03 pm by meady1981 »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9428 on: March 6, 2020, 02:26:08 pm »
We quite clearly haven't got the squad to 'win the lot'. There is a lot of players we rely on keeping fit most of the time.

What the main core of players have produced in terms of consistency in the league has been brilliant and should finally win us the league. But we can't flog them in every competition every 3 days all season, when they play all summer as well. We already have to carry fatigue at times.

This is it for me. We clearly have a first team that is capable of winning any competition it enters, but we simply haven't got the squad depth to win all of those competitions when they are played alongside each other over a long, hard season. Abu Dhabi have the advantage there because they can field two different teams quite easily. They bang on about not spending as much as us on some individual players, but that's not where their cheating really counts. Where it does count rather a lot is in the depth of quality they can buy and draw upon when injuries/fatigue etc kick in and rotation is needed.

Sitting on the sidelines or in front of the telly it's easy to think players are robots, but the reality is they are finely tuned athletes. So many factors have to be spot on in order for them to perform near their peak week after week after month... If they are flogged to death in all competitions then chances are we win none of them.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9429 on: March 6, 2020, 02:28:23 pm »
Tell you what.  Getting to the CL final three seasons in a row would be absolutely unbelievable.  There's a reason it doesn't happen very often though and a good chance we won't do it either.  Not even always because you're not good enough, but things just don't go your way.

Regardless though - even winning 'just' the league?!

We've waited a long long time for this!  It doesn't get bigger.  The celebrations won't come any better.

There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but any Liverpool fan worth their salt who is not absolutely on 7th heaven with the prospect of winning this league, and maybe nothing else this season, needs their head read.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9430 on: March 6, 2020, 02:46:51 pm »
Too right.

One of the things on here that really grinds my gears is that people go off and find (or hear) loads of drivel on twitter, talksport, or some other cesspit, and then present it on here, usually under the bracket of 'some fans'. Some of them actually seek it out and then get outraged, which is just a mental way to live your life as a football fan.

They then literally start a pointless argument or debate based on the sum total of fuck all, and usually quote some inane bollocks from Sky, blue moon, twitter, or redcafe, or what some moron down the pub said.

Unless loads of people on here (or at Anfield, or in Liverpool) are saying all that bullshit, then who gives a flying fuck what anyone else thinks? They're probably some anonymous dickheads in the home counties or another country, and its not worth getting wound up about.

I get far more pissed off about people on here sharing the bullshit than I do about the actual bullshit. Just because it winds you up, then don't think that anyone on here actually cares - because (and I'm making a leap of faith here...) I don't think many actually do care.

Support the manager, support the team, and always listen to the opinions of non-twats. I personally find that a good way to follow football. Everyone else is irrelevant - please stop making them relevant and giving them a voice. Every single time you quote a link, a pundit, an ex-player, or any other variation of bellendery on here, you're doing exactly what they want you to do and helping pay their wages/get clicks/boost their tiny ego. Remember, we are Liverpool, we are different, and we are better than that.

Anyway, rant over and back on topic - we're fucking boss and gonna win the league (and possibly the Champions league)  8)

I'm guilty of doing that once recently...not a habit of mine, but will not do so in the future because of it and the reaction it brought but I see what you mean.
Though if you're annoyed by people bringing things up on a forum like this from things they consume elsewhere which is not a) the ground or b) in Liverpool you're probably gonna be pissed off alot  ;D

There's over 10-20 posters on here over the last couple pages restating how we generally feel, with the title obviously being more than enough for this to be a successful season...but what is it one or two guys that said something a bit off?

guess time has to be passed somehow when we're cruising to number 19  8)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9431 on: March 6, 2020, 02:48:23 pm »
Tell you what.  Getting to the CL final three seasons in a row would be absolutely unbelievable.  There's a reason it doesn't happen very often though and a good chance we won't do it either.  Not even always because you're not good enough, but things just don't go your way.

Regardless though - even winning 'just' the league?!

We've waited a long long time for this!  It doesn't get bigger.  The celebrations won't come any better.

There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but any Liverpool fan worth their salt who is not absolutely on 7th heaven with the prospect of winning this league, and maybe nothing else this season, needs their head read.

Reaching the final again only really matters If we win it. Retain it and its incredible achievement. 3 finals in a row would be caveated by 2 defeats though otherwise. I.e. Juve late 90s who aren't considered up there with the Milan team of the early 90s for example.

All I'm concerned about is the league though until the point we lift the trophy.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 02:51:24 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9432 on: March 6, 2020, 02:52:13 pm »
So when we win on Saturday and United beat City in the Derby, when can we win the title?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9433 on: March 6, 2020, 02:54:05 pm »
So when we win on Saturday and United beat City in the Derby, when can we win the title?

I think City are playing three times before we play next (after Bournemouth) so will depend on this week
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9434 on: March 6, 2020, 02:54:09 pm »
Like I said and Ghost said, its disappointing as I feel we could win the lot, but certainly not annoying and the title is THE ONE thing we NEED to win. Its about time LFC were Champions of England again.

And fir all of Chelsea's inconsistency this season the team they put out was full of very experienced players who know all the little tricks. Not knocking them, just reaffirming that both had strong teams out and I would imagine their team consisted of a majority of experienced players who have played together for a number of seasons.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9435 on: March 6, 2020, 03:00:32 pm »
Too right.

A-fucking-men

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #9436 on: March 6, 2020, 03:39:58 pm »
Tell you what.  Getting to the CL final three seasons in a row would be absolutely unbelievable.  There's a reason it doesn't happen very often though and a good chance we won't do it either. 
Posted this a while back

Funny you should say that aboot next years final. Hasnt there been a trend of teams appearing in 2 or 3 finals on the bounce or in 3 over a 4 year period the last 10 years or am i imagining that

2003–04    Portugal   Porto   3–0   Monaco    France
2004–05    England   Liverpool   3–3*   Milan   
2005–06    Spain   Barcelona   2–1   Arsenal   
2006–07    Italy   Milan   2–1   Liverpool    England   
2007–08    England   Manchester United   1–1*[J]   Chelsea    England
2008–09    Spain   Barcelona   2–0   Manchester United    England   
2009–10    Italy   Internazionale   2–0  Bayern Munich    Germany     
2010–11    Spain   Barcelona   3–1   Manchester United    England
2011–12    England   Chelsea   1–1*[K]   Bayern Munich    Germany   
2012–13    Germany  Bayern Munich  2–1   Borussia Dortmund   
2013–14    Spain   Real Madrid   4–1dagger   Atlético Madrid    Spain   
2014–15    Spain   Barcelona   3–1   Juventus    Italy   
2015–16    Spain   Real Madrid   1–1*[L]   Atlético Madrid    Spain
2016–17    Spain   Real Madrid   4–1   Juventus    Italy   
2017–18    Spain   Real Madrid   3–1   Liverpool    England
2018–19    ENG   Liverpool   2–0    ENG   Tottenham Hotspur

Yup,i was right,just checked

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9437 on: March 6, 2020, 03:54:10 pm »
Copying my post from the TAW thread, regarding "only the league"

I'm in a similar camp to what Neil was saying - I want this team to go down as one of the greatest teams in world football history (because I think they are). To do that they need to win the CL in the same season as the league. Complete domination. The players deserve it, just like in Madrid it's more for them and their legacy than it is for us. As was said on the pod, getting shithoused out by Atletico in the last 16 would feel too soon and too mundane.

I can hold that opinion and still know that if we "only" win the league this season it will be absolutely incredible and the best season of my LFC supporting life. To call this season "underwhelming" or "disappointing" is ridiculous and doesn't come into my thinking.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 04:35:32 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #9438 on: March 6, 2020, 04:06:35 pm »
Champions of...

Europe
the World
England

...in the same year - has never been done and we are on the cusp of it. Incredible collective achievement by players and coaching staff.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9439 on: March 6, 2020, 04:09:41 pm »
Champions of...

Europe
the World
England

...in the same year - has never been done and we are on the cusp of it. Incredible collective achievement by players and coaching staff.

Didn't the Mancs do it ?