Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1317901 times)

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #9360 on: March 5, 2020, 05:49:24 pm »
Link?

There's an article in the Guardian which quotes Everton's Chief Financial Officer as saying "...we feel it is quite likely it may happen in the coming weeks.” So not as dramatic as the headline makes it sound. They 'feel' it is 'quite likely' that it 'may' happen...so it's nothing really.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/05/premier-league-matches-closed-doors-coronavirus-everton
« Last Edit: March 5, 2020, 06:06:42 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9361 on: March 5, 2020, 05:49:53 pm »
Link?

Was the everton chief exec said it. In the guardian
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #9362 on: March 5, 2020, 07:51:03 pm »
30 fucking years....30 years watching those manc rats win it over and over, watching oil money buy it.....the pain of the near misses...

Watching fucking Blackburn and Leicester win it.

All those years we looked miles away from winning it, lacking the consistency to challenge - it seemingly being beyond us.

I don't give a shite if we win it by 1 pt, 1 goal, if we win it with 79 pts, if we lose 6 games or whatever...i don't care if we win it by 10 pts, 20 pts or go unbeaten or lose 1 or whatever.

Records can and will be beaten and taken away...ending 30 years of waiting to be crowned champions never can be.

I find it absolutely staggering that some people i see on twitter and that are seemingly genuinely bothered about how it is won, seem to think it is some kind of anti climax if we don't get more pts than City did when they got 100 etc....sorry but it to me means fuck all - did Leicester care that they 'only' got however many points they did?.....Did they fuck.

Ending 30 years of not being champions is all that matters.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2020, 11:15:07 pm by an tha »

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9363 on: March 5, 2020, 07:55:42 pm »
Our next four league games
Bournemouth H, 3 points
Everton A, 1 point
Palace H 3 points
City A 1 point

City's next five
Utd A 1 point
Arsenal H 3 points
Burnley H 3 points
Chelsea A 3 points
Liverpool H 1 points

We'd be champions, right?

Are my maths correct?

The way we are playing at the moment I can see us maybe winning against Bournemouth but nothing from the others.

When is Henderson back? We need him badly.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9364 on: March 5, 2020, 07:57:44 pm »
I think part of it is that with the league pretty much in the bag weeks ago people have moved on to looking at other things like records etc .... if we were neck and neck with city going into the last few games of the season then there would be no talk of records or "invincibles"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9365 on: March 5, 2020, 08:01:12 pm »
The way we are playing at the moment I can see us maybe winning against Bournemouth but nothing from the others.

Nothing?

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9366 on: March 5, 2020, 08:04:38 pm »

If we looked at your post history with player and club names blanked out, I genuinely wouldn't be sure if you're an LFC or Newcastle fan.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9367 on: March 5, 2020, 08:07:13 pm »
Nothing?

We are that shit,chances are Bournemouth will put 9 past us,all in the Kop end with 9 different scorers.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9368 on: March 5, 2020, 08:12:27 pm »

Yeah, we often go 8 games without a point... 
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9369 on: March 5, 2020, 08:15:17 pm »
Yeah, we often go 8 games without a point... 

We just went 1 PL game without a point. Is it that hard to see 7 (or even the other 3 that it was referring to) more games without one?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #9370 on: March 5, 2020, 08:51:15 pm »
One word for youse.

Believe.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9371 on: March 5, 2020, 08:55:28 pm »
We just went 1 PL game without a point. Is it that hard to see 7 (or even the other 3 that it was referring to) more games without one?

Yes.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #9372 on: March 5, 2020, 09:00:52 pm »
City were the undisputed best team in the universe ever, last year when they won the league by eleven millimetres! We will probably win it by fifteen points.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9373 on: March 5, 2020, 09:59:45 pm »
Yes.

Wait - my post wasn’t sarcastic enough??

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9374 on: March 5, 2020, 10:13:10 pm »

I hoped it was :)
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #9375 on: March 5, 2020, 10:17:29 pm »
30 fuciking years....30 years watching those manc rats win it over and over, watching oil money buy it.....the pain of the near misses...

Watching fucking Blackburn and Leicester win it.

All those years we looked miles away from winning it, lacking the consistency to challenge - it seemingly being beyond us.

I don't give a shite if we win it by 1 pt, 1 goal, if we win it with 79 pts, if we lose 6 games or whatever...i don't care if we win it by 10 pts, 20 pts or go unbeaten or lose 1 or whatever.

Records can and will be beaten and taken away...ending 30 years of waiting to be crowned champions never can be.

I find it absolutely staggering that some people i see on twitter and that are seemingly genuinely bothered about how it is won, seem to think it is some kind of anti climax if we don't get more pts than City did when they got 100 etc....sorry but it to me means fuck all - did Leicester care that they 'only' got however many points they did?.....Did they fuck.

Ending 30 years of not being champions is all that matters.

Fucking great post mate. Summed up how I feel exactly on the records argument. They're nice but ultimately you get the same prize. I was disappointed we lost the unbeaten run last weekend, but in the grand scheme it means nothing to me.

Your point about twitter knobheads also strikes a chord. Loads of these people moaning are the same ones who'll constantly reference what 'fans of other clubs' are saying, but as Liverpool fans we shouldn't give a fuck about what they think about us. Even an uncomfortable amount of spoiled bastards have been talking shite on Rawk all week, which is disappointing.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: March 5, 2020, 10:41:59 pm »
Fucking great post mate. Summed up how I feel exactly on the records argument. They're nice but ultimately you get the same prize. I was disappointed we lost the unbeaten run last weekend, but in the grand scheme it means nothing to me.

Your point about twitter knobheads also strikes a chord. Loads of these people moaning are the same ones who'll constantly reference what 'fans of other clubs' are saying, but as Liverpool fans we shouldn't give a fuck about what they think about us. Even an uncomfortable amount of spoiled bastards have been talking shite on Rawk all week, which is disappointing.

They're all mentality midgets as they can't deal with whatever crap supporters from other clubs will throw their way, like their opinion matters on how we as Liverpool supporters should feel about this season.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #9377 on: March 5, 2020, 11:07:00 pm »
Some absolute spanners in here.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9378 on: March 5, 2020, 11:13:14 pm »
It lacked a smiley, so was always going to hook someone. It almost caught me until I saw who posted it and realised you don't talk such shite unless joking.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9379 on: March 5, 2020, 11:14:16 pm »
The fuckin' wrenches.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #9380 on: March 5, 2020, 11:41:21 pm »

We’ve reached insanity level in here
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9381 on: March 5, 2020, 11:47:52 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9382 on: March 5, 2020, 11:56:38 pm »
Some absolute spanners in here.

:D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #9383 on: March 6, 2020, 12:29:52 am »
There's an article in the Guardian which quotes Everton's Chief Financial Officer as saying "...we feel it is quite likely it may happen in the coming weeks.” So not as dramatic as the headline makes it sound. They 'feel' it is 'quite likely' that it 'may' happen...so it's nothing really.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/05/premier-league-matches-closed-doors-coronavirus-everton

The atmosphere at Goodson would markedly improve.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: March 6, 2020, 02:20:32 am »
Here's a record. Arsenals invincibles and city's centurions (cringe) never won the European cup. Hence we've already surpassed them. I didn't give a fuck about going unbeaten and I couldn't care less how many points we get as long as we win the league, which we will.
The only thing that can disappoint me now is going out of Europe. But that'll quickly pass as we win no 19.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9385 on: March 6, 2020, 02:35:31 am »
Imagine if you told people last season that we'd be disappointed about "just" winning the league :D

I get the point about increased expectations but that's something in our power to control anyway
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9386 on: March 6, 2020, 04:01:44 am »
Imagine if you told people last season that we'd be disappointed about "just" winning the league :D

I get the point about increased expectations but that's something in our power to control anyway

We still have the treble on anyway, having already won the Club World Cup, a few seem to have forgotten that trophy we won just before Christmas. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Horizon

• Main Stander
« Reply #9387 on: March 6, 2020, 06:07:19 am »
As long as City don't win the Euro cup I'm fine . It would be annoying to only win one trophy while they win 3, when we have clearly been better this season .

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: March 6, 2020, 06:20:43 am »
As long as City don't win the Euro cup I'm fine . It would be annoying to only win one trophy while they win 3, when we have clearly been better this season .

Ha ha yes it would be very annoying winning just the premier league. How could we live with ourselves.

Right now May is an eternity away. As long as we’re still standing and fighting and breathing, they won’t be winning the European Cup.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #9389 on: March 6, 2020, 06:36:59 am »
Hello. Me, and my 28 year old son, are going to go completely, absolutely, categorically, and without fear of contradiction, totally 100% bonkers with joy and happiness when this mighty team wins the League. I’m so happy about it I can’t really articulate it. I have waited 30 years, since I stood on the pitch at Highfield Rd after Barnes, Rush and co has dismantled Coventry 6-1. We have all have waited and waited. Jürgen Klopp is a phenomenal man and Manager. When Henderson lifts that trophy I’m going to go nuts! Seriously nuts. It’s such a beautiful vision in my mind. I am so proud of this team and it’s achievements.  “Just the League”??? Get.To.Fuck. Up the Mighty, Mighty Reds! 
« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 06:56:10 am by WestieRed »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9390 on: March 6, 2020, 06:57:10 am »
What a great first post, welcome to Rawk. I will be going nuts too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #9391 on: March 6, 2020, 07:20:11 am »
Thank you Jill. The players in the team have been giving us their spleens in virtually ever game they’ve played. I will never forget the League run in last season. Even though they didn’t win on points, every week you could see them(and love them for) giving it everything. That just made me so proud of them and humble to be a supporter of the team. Fucking champions in our house! When Jordan lifted the Champions League Trophy my heart blew out the top of my head.  ;D. They just deserved it so much. Then they’ve given us this season - the desire has again been incredible to see. I can only support them and that is what I want us all to do. In every single game.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 07:22:53 am by WestieRed »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #9392 on: March 6, 2020, 07:57:36 am »

Just another attempt to devalue us winning the league if and when it happens; just like the 'weak league' bollocks. If and when it happens, I will go mental and spend the summer smiling each and every time I think about it. Anyway, let's beat Bournemouth and discuss the options later.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9393 on: March 6, 2020, 08:48:18 am »

3? They've only won the League Cup

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9394 on: March 6, 2020, 08:49:52 am »
3? They've only won the League Cup

Probably will win the FA Cup.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #9395 on: March 6, 2020, 08:57:43 am »

Who cares? Liverpool Football Club ending their 30-year wait for the title is the biggest story football writes this season.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9396 on: March 6, 2020, 08:59:57 am »

It's not won yet though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9397 on: March 6, 2020, 08:59:59 am »
Who cares? Liverpool Football Club ending their 30-year wait for the title is the biggest story football writes this season.

I dont I was responding to that post to stated 3 trophies.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9398 on: March 6, 2020, 09:00:12 am »

They'll be storming the press box at Wembley again
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9399 on: March 6, 2020, 09:05:22 am »
We'd have won 3 trophies as well, no?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."