Author Topic: Sepp van der Berg  (Read 49848 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sepp van der Berg
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2024, 02:50:12 pm »
Looks like the lad has had a cracking season at Mainz (36 appearances, 3 goals). Became a mainstay in their defence.

Wonder whether he will get a chance next year. Would be classed as homegrown, is Dutch and played for the Netherlands U21s regularly. Plus we’ve lost Matip so there’s space in the squad for centre backs.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2024, 03:38:02 pm »
strong rumours that there is a buy out option of €5m and Mainz would have first refusal, and they do want him to stay.

He was fantastic for them, the fans love him.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2024, 03:49:51 pm »
strong rumours that there is a buy out option of €5m and Mainz would have first refusal, and they do want him to stay.

He was fantastic for them, the fans love him.
Who the f*ck negotiated that?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2024, 03:51:12 pm »

An idiot(if true).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2024, 03:53:48 pm »

It’s a rumour from some of the German press like Kicker. So I guess we’ll find out if it’s true soonish, as I suspect Mainz would trigger a clause like that.

But he doesn’t have to accept a move, maybe he’ll want to give it a go pre-season at Liverpool. He’s a year older, a full year under his belt after a bad injury ruined campaign the year before. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2024, 03:58:08 pm »
If he's that good, he'd better be back at Kirkby first day of pre-season.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2024, 04:20:48 pm »
If he's that good, he'd better be back at Kirkby first day of pre-season.

You would think that he'd fancy his chances of impressing his fellow countryman & new boss.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2024, 05:11:12 pm »
You would think that he'd fancy his chances of impressing his fellow countryman & new boss.

Deffo - Quansah has made the break through and with Joel leaving, he could step us, as Quansah has, and become a regular option, starting or from the bench.
Jurgen YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2024, 05:12:11 pm »
Less than €5m seems very low
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2024, 05:17:59 pm »
€5m sounds more like a loan fee?

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2024, 05:20:49 pm »
Be a bit gutted if we dont at least give him pre season

Seems to get rave reviews wherever he goes and he's played a fair bit and impressed at right back which suits us down to the ground

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2024, 05:33:24 pm »
Be a bit gutted if we dont at least give him pre season

Seems to get rave reviews wherever he goes and he's played a fair bit and impressed at right back which suits us down to the ground

Virg - Ibou - Joe as the 3 seniors

Jarell and Sepp as the understudies

Sounds bloody good that
Jurgen YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2024, 05:51:46 pm »

Van Den Berg came through at PEC Zwolle which is Slot's old team. Slot was also a Youth coach there a decade ago.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2024, 06:10:23 pm »
Virg - Ibou - Joe as the 3 seniors

Jarell and Sepp as the understudies

Sounds bloody good that

Would save us a fucking fortune!! Potential injuries is the main worry but I do feel it could change a lot with the new staff and different set up.

All signs point to us going for a new CB though (which i'm completely fine with) but it would be a shame to see Sepp wasted when he seems like he could do well here

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2024, 06:46:32 pm »
It’s a rumour from some of the German press like Kicker. So I guess we’ll find out if it’s true soonish, as I suspect Mainz would trigger a clause like that.

But he doesn’t have to accept a move, maybe he’ll want to give it a go pre-season at Liverpool. He’s a year older, a full year under his belt after a bad injury ruined campaign the year before.

Hope it's not an Ibiza Jorge special, but yeah there's nobody forcing him to go there if he wants to stay.

Could really have a Quansah/Branthwaite impact next season. He's got all the right attributes, plus has first team experience at Liverpool and plenty of games in The Championship where he was Preston's best player, so it's not like he's not the experience of English football either.

Got the impression Klopp never quite rated him for our first team, at least in terms of him being ready, so it's a clean slate with the new manager and a fellow Dutchman.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2024, 08:12:33 pm »
There were rumours when he signed for them that there was a buy option.  Not sure our talent recognition of our young CBs has been impressive.  The club seemed slow to recognise Quansahs talent too and there was the flirting with “Billy the kid”. I don’t get it as SVDB did well on a championship loan.  He seems keen to play so I am not sure he would have the patience to give it a go.  My only hope is that it is not clear what the clause says and reports of a buy option are unclear. You would hope we have been savvy

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2024, 08:49:01 pm »
There were rumours when he signed for them that there was a buy option.  Not sure our talent recognition of our young CBs has been impressive.  The club seemed slow to recognise Quansahs talent too and there was the flirting with “Billy the kid”. I don’t get it as SVDB did well on a championship loan.  He seems keen to play so I am not sure he would have the patience to give it a go.  My only hope is that it is not clear what the clause says and reports of a buy option are unclear. You would hope we have been savvy

Phillips and Williams still on the books as well.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2024, 09:32:19 pm »
Less than €5m seems very low

The latest reports from Germany suggest it is not true. Allegedly, Mainz only have the right to match any bid we receive for the player ...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2024, 09:45:17 pm »
Didnt he have an Interview where he wanted to play or implied to was very hard to make it at Liverpool. CB development is generally one of the slower ones so can be harder too

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2024, 09:59:42 pm »
What a ridiculous statement, Quansah has been at the Club since he was 8

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2024, 10:00:47 pm »
Somehow I have the feeling that van der Berg will see the current CB opening at Liverpool as a once in a lifetime opportunity. We have VVD, Konate and Quansah already established and used based on form, Gomez used everywhere (which I think will continue), and Phillips and Williams on the way out. We are in the market for a CB for sure. Why would van der Berg want to sign for Mainz with the goal to establish himself and eventually make the step to a big club when that very same thing is being on offer right now?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2024, 10:02:32 pm »
Didnt he have an Interview where he wanted to play or implied to was very hard to make it at Liverpool. CB development is generally one of the slower ones so can be harder too
Better yet, how many young players have broken into a top club in the CB position? They usually get a full back role to test their way to handle the league physicality.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2024, 10:07:56 pm »
Somehow I have the feeling that van der Berg will see the current CB opening at Liverpool as a once in a lifetime opportunity. We have VVD, Konate and Quansah already established and used based on form, Gomez used everywhere (which I think will continue), and Phillips and Williams on the way out. We are in the market for a CB for sure. Why would van der Berg want to sign for Mainz with the goal to establish himself and eventually make the step to a big club when that very same thing is being on offer right now?

I share your opinion. His development this season, combined with the departure of Matip and the arrival of Slot, could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for Sepp ...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2024, 10:14:03 pm »
Better yet, how many young players have broken into a top club in the CB position? They usually get a full back role to test their way to handle the league physicality.
It a low %. It really hard to break into a central position at a young age. Bajcetic doing it in CM was pretty impressive too(Sucks with his injuries  last year).
Quansah also impressive with that too. It taken Jones multiple years for it. Elliott taken multiple years to fully up to speed centrally too even if he was starting in Midfield at 18(then got an awful injury)

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2024, 10:50:03 pm »

Quansah's emergence this season should give him confidence, combined with Matip leaving and Konate being a crock. A Dutch manager coming in.

Also all our CB's will be at the Euros as well (if Quansah picked) so it gives him a real opening in the early pre-season weeks to impress.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2024, 11:01:11 pm »

;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2024, 11:04:23 pm »
It is interesting that he has developed the ability to play at both sides of central defence ...

https://youtu.be/h-uWFsl_Tzo

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2024, 11:07:53 pm »
The latest reports from Germany suggest it is not true. Allegedly, Mainz only have the right to match any bid we receive for the player ...

Given the daft money we were expecting for Phillips (and others) it’s inconceivable that we’d let a promising young CB go for £4m or so. We don’t let players go on the cheap anymore.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2024, 11:25:03 pm »
Quansah's emergence this season should give him confidence, combined with Matip leaving and Konate being a crock. A Dutch manager coming in.

Also all our CB's will be at the Euros as well (if Quansah picked) so it gives him a real opening in the early pre-season weeks to impress.
I agree with that but we dont know how much the club values him for that also.
If he get a contact extension(idk when his is up) could matter too etc.
Lots of Factors. He was one of those signed at 16 too.
He signed a new deal in 2022 before being loaned out was there any details on how long that was etc?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2024, 11:28:27 pm »
He signed a new deal in 2022 before being loaned out was there any details on how long that was etc?

He has 2 years left on his contract ...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2024, 12:41:44 am »
He has 2 years left on his contract ...
Yea so basically the call is he get a chance with extension(to be earned) or sold more likely.
Him as 4/5 Cb to start the season over buying could be an option

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2024, 12:53:06 am »
Who cares anyway? Can't even get his name spelled correctly in his own thread.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2024, 04:32:06 am »
Who cares anyway? Can't even get his name spelled correctly in his own thread.

Den sell him

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2024, 05:36:27 am »
Den sell him

ExSepp we might come to regret that.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2024, 07:42:22 am »

New manager and coaching staff, Edwards/Hughes etc. coming in. It's a fresh start for the likes of him and Carvalho.

He might well leave, but there's usually someone who comes in pre-season and impresses the manager and gets their chance. Quansah did it last year, Bajcetic the year before.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2024, 08:14:53 am »
New manager and coaching staff, Edwards/Hughes etc. coming in. It's a fresh start for the likes of him and Carvalho.

He might well leave, but there's usually someone who comes in pre-season and impresses the manager and gets their chance. Quansah did it last year, Bajcetic the year before.
Yea It possible. The recruitment/data staff didnt change outside of the top guys.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2024, 11:54:37 am »

That’s a bit strong even from someone heralding the Souey years!😉

Do you remember Billy Koumetio being promoted before him and given chances and all the “Billy the kid” talk from JK and Pep?

Why does the fact that Quansah has been at the club since 8 mean that the club didn’t promote him as quickly as they could have?  It’s pretty clear they backed the wrong horse for a while with Koumetio who has gone on to fail on various loan spells unlike Jarrell.  It always seemed obvious to me in youth games that Quansah was much the better player.  But let’s not let the detail get in the way eh ….

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 11:59:26 am by phil236849 »

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2024, 02:27:33 pm »
Sounds promising from Pearce in The Athletic:

Says we value him at 20 mill "Reports in Germany suggested that Mainz have an option to buy the 22-year-old for as little as £4.3m, but Liverpool are adamant that’s not the case".

Slot is fully aware of Van den Berg’s ability and incoming assistant Sipke Hulshoff knows him from the Netherlands national team set-up. Pre-season will provide an opportunity for the defender to shine before a decision is made over whether to sanction a sale.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2024, 02:36:34 pm »
That’s a bit strong even from someone heralding the Souey years!😉

Do you remember Billy Koumetio being promoted before him and given chances and all the “Billy the kid” talk from JK and Pep?

Why does the fact that Quansah has been at the club since 8 mean that the club didn’t promote him as quickly as they could have?  It’s pretty clear they backed the wrong horse for a while with Koumetio who has gone on to fail on various loan spells unlike Jarrell.  It always seemed obvious to me in youth games that Quansah was much the better player.  But let’s not let the detail get in the way eh ….

It's almost like players can develop at different speeds & those speeds are usually set by the Club depending on the young players needs.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2024, 04:10:09 pm »
It's almost like players can develop at different speeds & those speeds are usually set by the Club depending on the young players needs.

It might almost be like that, but it was clear when Quansah and Koumetio played together that Quansah was the better player, yet Koumetio got promoted with great fanfare