Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 464478 times)

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #4640 on: February 15, 2022, 10:55:39 am »
I don't want to see Stone Cold challenging himself to have a modern match the way Goldberg, HBK etc have done over the last few years and get dropped on their head repeatedly. Non-match or a 10 second one which only involves a kick and a Stunner is the best option.

Yep very much this. The best Goldberg match of the modern era was the first against Brock, where he literally speared him twice and did a jackhammer and that was it, and it was fucking awesome.

If you must promote a match, make it literally one stunner and done. Hell maybe 2 to bring it fully home. But don't go longer than a minute you don't have to.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4641 on: February 15, 2022, 11:18:33 am »
Yeah no chance Austin works a full match, he's smart about the business and he'll know how best to present himself if this does go ahead.  Wonder if this was a carrot they dangled in front of Owens (along with a truck load of cash) to get him to sign.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4642 on: February 15, 2022, 11:46:26 am »
Yeah no chance Austin works a full match, he's smart about the business and he'll know how best to present himself if this does go ahead.  Wonder if this was a carrot they dangled in front of Owens (along with a truck load of cash) to get him to sign.

Quite possibly yeah, or maybe this is a thank you for resigning. Honestly with as much as a family man Owens is I think the truck load of cash would be enough.

Some apparently real talk on Cody Rhodes contract being up in the air according to Big Dave - I wonder if this is real or if it is like when Meltzer reported on numerous times on Kenny maybe to WWE stories that were clearly done by Kenny to get his NJPW contract up/build hype for the AEW contract signing.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4643 on: February 15, 2022, 11:49:03 am »
No chance Cody goes anywhere.  His missus has a job for the company and is being presented a lot on TV, they have a reality show with the network, he's on that terrible talent show, and he's in a top level position.  It's just a storyline for his show and working the internet folks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4644 on: February 15, 2022, 11:58:33 am »
..maybe Owens just reckons he's better off in WWE anyway, I'm not sure it'd take a 'truck load of cash' (although he'll obviously be very, very well paid regardless). Him and Sami Zayn both seem like pretty intelligent chaps regarding the business. I can't imagine you'd feel particularly 'special' at AEWs tactic of seemingly just signing any remotely big name if they leave WWE.

You can't just keep signing 'the hottest free agent' every other week and expect to keep everyone happy, when the very reason they're free agents in the first place is usually they weren't particularly happy with the booking where they were. Looking at both rosters, AEWs has probably got to the point that its more 'stacked' than WWEs and I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing people going back the other way.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: February 15, 2022, 12:24:16 pm »
..maybe Owens just reckons he's better off in WWE anyway, I'm not sure it'd take a 'truck load of cash' (although he'll obviously be very, very well paid regardless). Him and Sami Zayn both seem like pretty intelligent chaps regarding the business. I can't imagine you'd feel particularly 'special' at AEWs tactic of seemingly just signing any remotely big name if they leave WWE.

You can't just keep signing 'the hottest free agent' every other week and expect to keep everyone happy, when the very reason they're free agents in the first place is usually they weren't particularly happy with the booking where they were. Looking at both rosters, AEWs has probably got to the point that its more 'stacked' than WWEs and I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing people going back the other way.

So far at least, I would say every signing from WWE made makes sense (even O'Reilly and Fish make sense with an imminent Cole split from the Elite). A few of the free agent signing not from WWE certainly don't (Jay Lethal comes to mind, but that makes more sense now with Lio Rush gone). I think there's a few who won't go for a long while - the likes of Black and Andrade were burnt too much I feel to make the jump back.

By the looks of things a few more are joining (Swerve Strickland and Athena seem pretty close at the moment, Jeff likely, and I would imagine there would be interest in Tomi Storm and we don't know where Gargano lands currently). While there is bloat there, some contracts run out with AEW and individually those listed are all very very good, but AEW do need to make room.

But I certainly see some people making the jump at some point. And yeah maybe Owens and Zayn thought it was just better to stay. While there is 100% a ceiling for them, they are very much used. And by all accounts it seems they are getting 7 figure salaries which of course makes the decision better for them.

There are certainly still people unhappy (Jeff and Toni Storm walked out recently, and Ali wants out desperately) but of course there will be people happy to stay, or wanting to jump over.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4646 on: February 15, 2022, 12:39:52 pm »
Agree on the Lethal signing, I don't really see the value in bringing him in.  Same with Neese.  They have enough vets on their roster as it is, no need to pad things out even more.  Swerve would be a great pick up and Keith Lee makes sense too, and they definitely need more female talent.

Gargano I would expect to show up at the Owen tournament, that's his kind of jam, even though I'm not really all that keen on him in AEW.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #4647 on: February 15, 2022, 12:42:41 pm »
I am seeing Swerve this weekend in Camden for Progress! Somehow got tickets to an Electric Ballroom show, they no longer sell out by the time you've clicked on the phone notification like they used to.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4648 on: February 15, 2022, 12:53:57 pm »
Agree on the Lethal signing, I don't really see the value in bringing him in.  Same with Neese.  They have enough vets on their roster as it is, no need to pad things out even more.  Swerve would be a great pick up and Keith Lee makes sense too, and they definitely need more female talent.

Gargano I would expect to show up at the Owen tournament, that's his kind of jam, even though I'm not really all that keen on him in AEW.

Oh yeah I forgot about Neese too. I think he may be going backstage more, but idk really, he isn't much of a talent signing. Lethal they could work to replace Lio but I have no real love for him.

They do need women and there are at least 3 on the market in Nixon Newell, Toni Storm, and Athena (Athena just wrestled Thunder Rosa to a draw on an indie show, so I see her coming in).

And yeah Swerve really going out there currently with progress, seems NJ Strong against Jay White, and turned up to Defy and it seems confronted Darby. I feel he will likely be one in the TNT Revolution Ladder Match.

I am seeing Swerve this weekend in Camden for Progress! Somehow got tickets to an Electric Ballroom show, they no longer sell out by the time you've clicked on the phone notification like they used to.

What's going on with Progress at the moment, I heard they had new owners which all seemed a little dodgy

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4649 on: February 15, 2022, 12:56:38 pm »
And yeah Swerve really going out there currently with progress, seems NJ Strong against Jay White, and turned up to Defy and it seems confronted Darby. I feel he will likely be one in the TNT Revolution Ladder Match.

I watched that Janela DEFY match against Nick Wayne, and the kid really does have outstanding talent for his age, but I'm not really comfortable with companies picking up talent that early, he's still only 16.  I know there's caveats about him completing school and then joining up properly once he's 18, but it still feels a little off.

And he could've waited for AEW anyway because there's no way WWE would go near him with him being an actual wrestler.  That's not what they're looking for these days.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4650 on: February 15, 2022, 01:01:22 pm »
I watched that Janela DEFY match against Nick Wayne, and the kid really does have outstanding talent for his age, but I'm not really comfortable with companies picking up talent that early, he's still only 16.  I know there's caveats about him completing school and then joining up properly once he's 18, but it still feels a little off.

And he could've waited for AEW anyway because there's no way WWE would go near him with him being an actual wrestler.  That's not what they're looking for these days.

Yeah there's a bit of a funny thing with Nick Wayne, I guess if you think of it as just for show like the -1 contract, then yeah maybe, but he is old enough and good enough that he may start turning up as a 16 year old, and yeah I don't know about that one, doesn't sit completely right with me.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: February 15, 2022, 01:11:03 pm »
What's going on with Progress at the moment, I heard they had new owners which all seemed a little dodgy

I had no idea about this until you mentioned. I see its the fucking Tranmere Rovers directors! No idea how they'd have even bought it as I thought WWE owned it, or did they just own the media distribution?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: February 15, 2022, 02:02:01 pm »
I had no idea about this until you mentioned. I see its the fucking Tranmere Rovers directors! No idea how they'd have even bought it as I thought WWE owned it, or did they just own the media distribution?

Wait what?! I knew it was new owners, and Jeff Jarrett was somewhere involved but not the Tranmere owners.

Nah WWE doesnt own them just distribution and a working partnership (and employing the owner Jim Smallman, who got progressively shitter booking NXT UK)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4653 on: February 15, 2022, 02:04:44 pm »

Isn't their 'next big thing' an actual wrestler?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: February 15, 2022, 02:38:03 pm »
Isn't their 'next big thing' an actual wrestler?

Who? I assumed their next big thing was Bron Breaker who is an former NFL player (and to be fair, he is fucking awesome).

The directive for new NXT signings has been none wrestlers who they can train to do it their way. Which seems a fine argument but the training so far seems a little shoddy if NXT 2.0 is anything to go by

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4655 on: February 15, 2022, 02:44:30 pm »
Who? I assumed their next big thing was Bron Breaker who is an former NFL player (and to be fair, he is fucking awesome).

The directive for new NXT signings has been none wrestlers who they can train to do it their way. Which seems a fine argument but the training so far seems a little shoddy if NXT 2.0 is anything to go by

Nah I'm sure they signed another Olympic gold medallist

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4656 on: February 15, 2022, 02:49:02 pm »
Nah I'm sure they signed another Olympic gold medallist

Oh Gable Stevenson. Not been much about him since he was signed. He may be quietly plugging away at it to get good at pro wrestling, but after the Raw draft basically nothing has come out about him.

Also tbf his signing falls out the directive anyway - he isn't some guy doing it on the indies, he's a sportsman being trained by WWE to fit with their program. Again good idea in principle, but other than Bron it appears so far they aren't training them very well.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4657 on: February 15, 2022, 03:01:05 pm »

To be fair, as you said, seems there is a very good chance of Cody Rhodes joining WWE

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4658 on: February 15, 2022, 03:02:02 pm »
Who are their trainers now? Most have either quit or been sacked.

Speaking of ex-trainers. Notice that William Regal is going to attempt to get the trademark to his ring names. Smart move if he goes elsewhere or WWE release a new WWE game or merch. 

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: February 15, 2022, 03:07:53 pm »
To be fair, as you said, seems there is a very good chance of Cody Rhodes joining WWE

Is that right? :D Christ thats actual desperation if they do, the very definition of a midcarder.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4661 on: February 15, 2022, 03:12:28 pm »
Really gobsmacked if he's gone, blimey.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: February 15, 2022, 03:19:14 pm »
Really gobsmacked if he's gone, blimey.

Guessing from his statement Cody may be off the TNT shows too (or the reality TV one may be moving).

I honestly am a little surprised too. He was one of the ones pushing Tony for more classic wrasslin style (with Bucks going for Indy and Kenny for Japanese style), I hope his presence being gone doesn't harm that balance.

I wonder what this means for the likes of Arn Anderson and the Nightmare factory guys

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: February 15, 2022, 03:29:04 pm »
I still think its a work. If not then we've missed a Griffith-esque "Magnificent Bastard" heel turn of him winning the no1 contenders match at Revolution and then beating Hangman Page for the AEW title after promising he would never challenge for it.

I'm sure it'll be cool to see him jobbing to Omos and Otis (why aren't they a tag team?) in the deep midcard.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:34:01 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4664 on: February 15, 2022, 03:41:21 pm »
If it is a work then, combined with his recent persona, it's genius. He goes to WWE for a while, rags on 'the other place' and comes back in two or three years as a mega heel. I wouldn't put it past Cody either. As for Austin, the logical Wrestlemania booking is a no-disqualification match between Owens and a face, and then have Austin come out with a chair to make the save for the finale.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: February 15, 2022, 03:41:34 pm »
Stardust is back, baby!

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4666 on: February 15, 2022, 03:45:22 pm »
They will probably treat him as a star....but....

I can legitimately see a Cody/Brandi vs Miz/Maryse feud rather soon. In all seriousness because that's a money match to them

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4667 on: February 15, 2022, 03:56:28 pm »
Apparently someone said Cody "Shouldn't get CM Punk Money" if that gives an idea as to why an agreement wasn't reached

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4668 on: February 15, 2022, 04:00:01 pm »
Wow that was unexpected
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4669 on: February 15, 2022, 04:06:17 pm »
Sean Ross Sapp (who broke the whole thing) doing a Q&A right now saying he thinks creatively it is bad for Cody, but financially very good. Also saying he thinks Cody retires in AEW in the end.

Reading between the lines that sounds like after a few months/years Cody is going to be pissed off/piss someone off and end up back in AEW anyway.

Also by the sounds of him saying of people he spoke to (which isn't everyone) in AEW lockeroom cooling on Cody, that Cody in fact got pissed off/pissed someone off in AEW.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4670 on: February 15, 2022, 04:08:12 pm »
Is it that big a deal, really? He was a midcarder in WWE, and fell down the pecking order in AEW once they started to build and/or bring in bigger stars. I get that he was an EP there, but he's not really going to be missed in AEW and isn't going to move the needle in WWE.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4671 on: February 15, 2022, 05:41:27 pm »
Is it that big a deal, really?

Funnily enough, I texted that to a mate barely an hour ago. I think it feels like bigger news that it is because of his history with the company, but if we assume that a 2 year extension was on the table (the same as the Bucks announced at the New Year), then what would another 2 years of Cody have looked like, really? Losing to then beating every exciting new signing? A TNT reign every few months? He can be rightly proud of his first year in the company - the match with Dustin, his title shot on the first PPV (the Jericho feud was literally the only thing involving promos in their first few months), and the MJF match (even if just for the 10 belt shots causing Brandi to drop the Nightmare Collective thing). He was also one of the few senior talents still available in those first pandemic months, so did a lot to hold things together there, too.

But something has spoiled since, and whatever he's been going for with his 'I won't turn' stuff, the fans aren't going for it. AEW's roster has grown and refreshed several times over in the last 2 years and any spots he had in main events or PPVs are being supplanted by names coming in at a higher level. Punk, Malakai Black, Danielson, so on.

At the same time, AEW's young, fresh faces like Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Sammy etc have matured from hot prospects into solid mid-card talent, and a whole fresh batch of starlets like Garcia, Moriarty, Dante Martin have taken over at the start of their own journeys with the company. And to further add pressure to someone at Cody's level, Tony Khan keeps squeezing surprises through the forbidden door for one-off or brief high-profile shocks.

Rumour is that money was the deciding factor, and if so then fair enough. Cody places a higher value on his brand than AEW does (given the above), and he's got more options than he did 3 years ago: Take a possible WWE contract as the first 'defector', or lean into his non-wrestling celebrity, or even just go on a Matt Cardona-like tear through whatever promotions he wants.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4672 on: February 15, 2022, 08:07:52 pm »
Still really surprised by the news but this is the wrestling business.  Good for him for betting on himself, either in WWE or outside of wrestling completely.  Think he's made this move at the right time, his stock is never going to be higher and he's been dropped down the pecking order in AEW by all the new signings.  He was a huge part of AEW coming together and I don't think that will ever be forgotten, but I do wonder wtf that weird tweener stuff was all about now (which makes me a teeny bit suspicious this is a long work).

Brandi gone too though?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4673 on: February 15, 2022, 10:06:21 pm »
Looks like he's on his way back to WWE

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4674 on: February 15, 2022, 10:44:57 pm »
Is it that big a deal, really? He was a midcarder in WWE, and fell down the pecking order in AEW once they started to build and/or bring in bigger stars. I get that he was an EP there, but he's not really going to be missed in AEW and isn't going to move the needle in WWE.
He's nothing special but people are just surprised because of his attachment to AEW. I liked him as Undashing Cody Rhodes but apart from that not really followed his career at all.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: February 16, 2022, 12:48:34 pm »
Could definitely see a few more following suit once they've had their fill of 'rassling'. Obviously not Punk, but I could definitely see Bryan going back in a few years. Maybe Jericho for another run. You're never going to be a proper star in AEW. The likes of Punk, Bryan, Y2J, Show, Christian etc have all done it in the big leagues and this is a good place to actually enjoy themselves for a few years but for guys like Rhodes and the younger guys who have never had a run in WWE I'm sure most will be tempted eventually (regardless of how shit the booking is)

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4676 on: February 16, 2022, 02:23:48 pm »
Could definitely see a few more following suit once they've had their fill of 'rassling'. Obviously not Punk, but I could definitely see Bryan going back in a few years. Maybe Jericho for another run. You're never going to be a proper star in AEW. The likes of Punk, Bryan, Y2J, Show, Christian etc have all done it in the big leagues and this is a good place to actually enjoy themselves for a few years but for guys like Rhodes and the younger guys who have never had a run in WWE I'm sure most will be tempted eventually (regardless of how shit the booking is)

Jericho for sure I can see going for one last run. Bryan I could maybe see but I can also see him retiring after to be with his family. Moxley - maybe if they offer enough but he just seemed so pissed off after leaving, but you never know I guess.

I think a lot of the younger guys who never went to WWE have a good chance of going at some point, definitely. The only one I really cannot see making a move is Darby Allin, mainly because he has other ideas beyond wrestling for his future. I don't know if anyone will go next contract cycle or not, maybe they will, but I for sure see them going at some point (and people going the other way too of course).

I think something which may make a difference, especially for the older guys, is touring schedule. The older heads, unless they can get part time deals, may not want to be doing 4 shows a weak, traveling across the US. AEW so far don't seem to be looking to tour, so some of the likes of Bryan may say "Nah I will just do one, two at most, shows a week"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4677 on: February 16, 2022, 03:08:48 pm »
Jericho for sure I can see going for one last run. Bryan I could maybe see but I can also see him retiring after to be with his family. Moxley - maybe if they offer enough but he just seemed so pissed off after leaving, but you never know I guess.

I think a lot of the younger guys who never went to WWE have a good chance of going at some point, definitely. The only one I really cannot see making a move is Darby Allin, mainly because he has other ideas beyond wrestling for his future. I don't know if anyone will go next contract cycle or not, maybe they will, but I for sure see them going at some point (and people going the other way too of course).

I think something which may make a difference, especially for the older guys, is touring schedule. The older heads, unless they can get part time deals, may not want to be doing 4 shows a weak, traveling across the US. AEW so far don't seem to be looking to tour, so some of the likes of Bryan may say "Nah I will just do one, two at most, shows a week"

Jericho will 100% be back in WWE at some point, he only signed for one more year with AEW and he's not really ever burned any bridges.  Think Danielson will pop up there again in a few years once he's got what he wanted, which is one last run as a proper wrestler, picking his opponents.

WWE might be a dumpster fire at the moment but they're printing money over there so can offer huge contracts and there's no jeopardy for them because they can just cut you whenever they want, even mid-way through your contract.

It's crazy to me that someone like Sami re-signed with a company who are effectively the Man City of wrestling, with massive cash injections from all the Saudi Arabia garbage and he's not allowed to wrestle over there because their blood money paymasters forbid it because of his ethnicity.

The real news will be if someone like Sammy, Starks, Wardlow, etc does make the jump to WWE.  Homegrown AEW stars moving on might be time for them to re-assess things, but I think we're a couple of years off that.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: February 16, 2022, 03:11:36 pm »
Jericho will 100% be back in WWE at some point, he only signed for one more year with AEW and he's not really ever burned any bridges.  Think Danielson will pop up there again in a few years once he's got what he wanted, which is one last run as a proper wrestler, picking his opponents.

WWE might be a dumpster fire at the moment but they're printing money over there so can offer huge contracts and there's no jeopardy for them because they can just cut you whenever they want, even mid-way through your contract.

It's crazy to me that someone like Sami re-signed with a company who are effectively the Man City of wrestling, with massive cash injections from all the Saudi Arabia garbage and he's not allowed to wrestle over there because their blood money paymasters forbid it because of his ethnicity.

The real news will be if someone like Sammy, Starks, Wardlow, etc does make the jump to WWE.  Homegrown AEW stars moving on might be time for them to re-assess things, but I think we're a couple of years off that.

I think they will get some of them at some point, as is the nature of the business. I don't think it will be until a good few years yet (like not until another 5 years or so), but I do see the whole industry being a bit fluid in time with being going between both as their taste takes them.

I think while some of their relationship is antagonistic, I can see AEW and WWE growing to a point of a form of co-existence; one show being where you stretch your limbs creatively as a wrestler and live or die by your own application, and somewhere you go for a more "cushy" job physically and structured, for big big money
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:17:45 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4679 on: February 16, 2022, 03:14:55 pm »
I think they will get some of them at some point, as is the nature of the business. I don't think it will be until a good few years yet (like not until another 5 years or so), but I do see the whole industry being a bit fluid in time with being going between both as their taste takes them.

Yup, and I think that'll be a really good time for wrestling.  If WWE does ever get its act together (hopefully when Vince croaks), then we could see another boom of sorts.  It'll never hit the heights of the attitude era stuff, you just can't make that sort of product anymore, but if the right type of wrestlers/gimmicks cross over, I think viewership could go up.