Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 143051 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Brex-Factor - world's worst reality show... who will make it to no. 10?
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2019, 06:11:38 pm »
He didn't get the 8 endorsements. Only one who didn't. All the others are still there. To get to the next stage, they now need at least 17 MPs supporting them in the secret ballot on Thursday.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
Did you not read to the end of my original post???

"By remarkable coincidence, wealthy pensioners are disproportionately represented amongst the Conservative party membership, the group that will select the next leader. According to a study of party membership published last year (pdf) by academics from the Mile End Institute, the average age of Conservative party members is 57 and 44% of them are above the age of 65 . The same study says 86% of members are social class ABC1 (ie, middle class)."

Take a look:

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/qmul/media/publications/Grassroots,-Britain's-Party-Members.pdf

"The over 65s make up around 18% of the UK population, which means that members of all parties are relatively grey-haired (see Table 1).  That said, the over 65s constitute 44% of the Conservative Party membership compared to around 30% of each of the other parties. Although more than a quarter of the members of all the parties are aged between 65 and 74, significantly more Tory members are 75 and over."

It was more then age and £80k bit I was curious about rather then just the age (and describing people as wealthy is always a bit vague), but I have to say that’s very interesting piece. 22% of Labour members are members of the National Trust, Tory members actually think Immigration is good for the economy (just). Well worth a read.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2019, 06:35:55 pm »
Where have all these supposed moderate/non-ERG Tories gone? All the biggest Brexit wankers seem to be leading in the votes.. so why have they failed to rally behind a moderate candidate with a large bloc of votes? Makes no sense, unless they've resigned themselves to losing their seat and the party becoming even more unelectable in the future with a gobshite like Raab or Johnson.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2019, 06:48:18 pm »
Where have all these supposed moderate/non-ERG Tories gone? All the biggest Brexit wankers seem to be leading in the votes.. so why have they failed to rally behind a moderate candidate with a large bloc of votes? Makes no sense, unless they've resigned themselves to losing their seat and the party becoming even more unelectable in the future with a gobshite like Raab or Johnson.

Looks like they're going to try and push Hunt and Hancock into the final two. It's removing the choice from the membership which is the part where it all goes tits up for the Tories, no matter how strongly MPs endorse another candidate.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2019, 07:01:57 pm »

A lot of them went native after the Referendum and became Brexiteers, self interest and self preservation are always powerful motivations.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »
The 1922 have confirmed 10 valid candidates. It's on! I don't know how much of the contest will be made public (beyond the eliminations), but the first result comes through Thursday afternoon.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2019, 07:52:25 pm »
Even the so called moderates are shitting it over their nutjob membership, and to be honest there aren't many votes for being the compromise solution on Brexit at present

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2019, 07:56:19 pm »
So this is going to be a lot of talking and then Johnson thrashes Hunt with the members I assume?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2019, 08:08:22 pm »
So this is going to be a lot of talking and then Johnson thrashes Hunt with the members I assume?

Dont discount Michael ( Machiavelli) Gove
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2019, 08:13:54 pm »

Not sure about the Hunt bit, but the end result will be Johnson as you suggest. The good bit is the amount of muck that is coming and will come out. We’re only into the first round and we have everyone’s drug use coming out, wait til we get to the sex and extra-marital affairs. By the end of it there will be shit every where and few clean hands.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »
Dont discount Michael ( Machiavelli) Gove
I think the beak may have done for him.  Given that the next pm will doubtless be gone inside 12 moths it’s not a bad one to lose.

Not one candidate has any answers other than no deal (which won’t happen) and I will negotiate the deal again only better (which also won’t happen.)

Have they not been watching for the last two years?

It’s a bizarre policy.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2019, 08:16:17 pm »

The initial numbers of endorsements don't mean a huge amount. It's their floor, and the bigger numbers are positive, certainly, and will get you through the opening rounds. But I think there are still 100 Tories unaccounted for, and the supporters of the weaker candidates will be reallocating their votes when their first choice is eliminated, so if enough MPs come together tactically they could squeeze out Johnson before it gets to the final two.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2019, 08:38:24 pm »
I think the beak may have done for him.  Given that the next pm will doubtless be gone inside 12 moths it’s not a bad one to lose.
maybe not a bad time for boris to get it (if he has to)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2019, 09:01:44 pm »
She got it right the first time... https://twitter.com/jonoread/status/1138020266192363520
Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYDFWaN8pno

I rather liked this one from a caller to the Victoria Deryshire show about Nigel Mills MP. I've lined it up to start at 1 minute 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8i-yU7LvE&feature=youtu.be&t=80
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2019, 10:06:47 pm »
Lorraine Kelly is not a fan of McVey:

https://twitter.com/matthewchampion/status/1138003648125030401

Ouch....  ;D
almost as bad as her speech with that pic of thatcher next to her as if it was her ma

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2019, 11:21:59 pm »
Reminds me of this:
I rather liked this one from a caller to the Victoria Deryshire show about Nigel Mills MP. I've lined it up to start at 1 minute 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8i-yU7LvE&feature=youtu.be&t=80

Wow.... even disregarding the insult, that is a shocking media appearance in every respect. As I've never heard of him I guess he's not put up by the Tories for much TV work.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2019, 11:27:22 pm »
I recognise this might be of limited interest to most of you but Johnson's plans on tax thresholds and National Insurance rises poses a difficult dilemma in terms of the affect on Scottish taxpayers.

Under his plans, if the Scottish Government leave things as they are in Scotland with our own income tax brackets and rates, Scottish taxpayers will in effect be subsiding the tax break through higher NI without getting any of the benefit. National Insurance is not devolved and the revenue from it does not go directly to the Scottish Government.

The Scottish Government could match the changes but then what is the point of having the powers devolved? For the record I was never in favour of having this fudge of partly devolved income taxes. It needs to be all or nothing including NI (which is an income tax in all but name).

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2019, 11:30:28 pm »
Wow.... even disregarding the insult, that is a shocking media appearance in every respect. As I've never heard of him I guess he's not put up by the Tories for much TV work.
Probably a better choice for radio. :)
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2019, 11:32:24 pm »
Probably a better choice for radio. :)

He's got a good face (and jowl) for radio, true; but his weak semi-stammering voice would suit the silent movie era.

Was there ever a silent radio era?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2019, 11:36:59 pm »
He's got a good face (and jowl) for radio, true; but his weak semi-stammering voice would suit the silent movie era.

Was there ever a silent radio era?
No, but even more bizarrely, there was this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brough

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2019, 08:50:53 am »
No, but even more bizarrely, there was this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brough

That is hilarious... "The TV appearances exposed his limitations as a ventriloquist, as his lips were frequently seen to move."

I've reordered the list in the OP according to the support that ConservativeHome have listed for the candidates.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:56:29 am by Riquende »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2019, 09:37:49 am »
Seeing they are trying to get Tory Party votes right now and not public ones the biggest shock so far no one has said they will bring back hanging and fox hunting that would play well with the members.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2019, 09:41:11 am »
Seeing they are trying to get Tory Party votes right now and not public ones the biggest shock so far no one has said they will bring back hanging and fox hunting that would play well with the members.
They would never get fox hunting through parliament, there’s a really big majority against it.

And on hanging? Tory MPs wouldn’t support it either
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2019, 10:00:03 am »
They would never get fox hunting through parliament, there’s a really big majority against it.

And on hanging? Tory MPs wouldn’t support it either

They are not worried what can pass parliament right now its about getting the votes from the members in the care homes.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2019, 10:00:52 am »
They are not worried what can pass parliament right now its about getting the votes from the members in the care homes.
So it would be meaningless words.

As are all their brexit announcements ...
W

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2019, 10:25:02 am »

As are all their brexit announcements ...

Can I interest you in the phrase 'renegotiate to remove the backstop'?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2019, 10:52:25 am »
Funnily enough, contest minnow Mark Harper has just dropped this turdy nugget into the campaign launch bowl:

Harper says the UK is leaving the EU, but it is not leaving Europe. Britain needs to show it remains committed to a relationship with Europe.

He says the government must show the EU that a deal including a backstop will not get through parliament. He says, when they accept that, they will budge.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2019, 11:02:01 am »
Funnily enough, contest minnow Mark Harper has just dropped this turdy nugget into the campaign launch bowl:

Why that's the sort of fresh insightful thinking I've come to expect from **looks up name** Matt Barker.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2019, 11:16:26 am »
Can I interest you in the phrase 'renegotiate to remove the backstop'?
Non

This is what they don’t seem to understand.  The EU have far far less to leave from a no deal brexit than us.  They hold all the cards
W

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2019, 12:29:16 pm »
What happened to Sajid Javid? Wasnt he white enough? Went out of his way to be a c*nt to the BaME public
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:31:07 pm by Machae »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:16 pm »
Oh dear, Rory. Bristol isn't even on your list of 10 prisons you pledged to improve by August or you'll resign.

Inspectors warn over 'shocking' Bristol Prison conditions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-48579420

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2019, 12:53:12 pm »
What happened to Sajid Javid? Wasnt he white enough? Went out of his way to be a c*nt to the BaME public

He's under a bit of pressure over the ongoing migrant crossings across the English Chnnel. A Tory MP (Charlie Elphicke) publicly had a go at him last week about them.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2019, 01:45:26 pm »

Imagine thinking a lion would beat a bear in a fight, never mind thinking that lions are British.  Jesus wept, these are the most useless cretins ever.

Tusk on Brexit extension: 'Please do not waste this time'

Oh. Right

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2019, 02:33:01 pm »
Maybe he was thinking like a koala bear? Cos I'd back the lion in that one too.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2019, 02:36:52 pm »
Maybe he was thinking like a koala bear? Cos I'd back the lion in that one too.
My money's on Huggie Bear..... he looks like a baaaad mofo ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2019, 02:38:10 pm »
My money's on Huggie Bear..... he looks like a baaaad mofo ;D

;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2019, 05:44:26 pm »
Why was he even asked that question?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2019, 06:06:06 pm »
So Rory Stewart wants prisons that he would be proud to put his mother in.

But saying that hes coming across as the best of a bad lot, but he seems to be saying he would carry on with austerity.

Saying he may vote with Labour tomorrow to stop a no deal Brexit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:13:51 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2019, 06:13:17 pm »
Why was he even asked that question?

Apparently he pledged to answer any question the journalists put to him and wouldn't leave until there was nothing left to answer.

So Rory Stewart wants prisons that he would be proud to put his mother in.

Well, from the quotes I've seen, he wants civil servants to bear in mind how they would feel about how a public service was being run if they had a family member using it.

But yeah, just grab a gag off Twitter to mock the only seemingly sensible person in the contest I guess.