Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 144089 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brex-Factor - world's worst reality show... who will make it to no. 10?
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2019, 11:33:28 pm »
If she can get into the Corbyn inner circle, she can live off the Labour teat even without any Parliamentary presence.

She has burnt that bridge. But would be fun to see her sheepishly try to get back in.

Her and many of the Northern MP’s are going to be turfed out. The Corbyn gang dont want them and the Remainer MP’s dont want them. They are out on their own.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:55 pm »
She’s a complete pain in the ass Oldfordie. I have some time for many politicians I fundamentally disagree with. She’s not one of them. My deep suspicion is she’s someone petrified of deselection.

Honestly not the impression you'd get if you had chance to speak with her or listen to her talk at any length. I have disagreements with her on a ton of stuff, I don't think her constituents are secret communitarians just waiting to be woken to its merits, but she's genuine in where she's coming from and has worked with Corbyn's team on that basis in spite of also running Owen Smith's leadership bid. Labour and the Tories are built around a left/right split on how to run the country's economy but Brexit has pulled wide open other divides which don't fit on that axis. Two parties at a time when four parties are needed to cover all the bases.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2019, 11:40:04 pm »
I 100% get that a lot of Labour MPs in leave voting seats are looking pretty precarious to put it mildly, but I don't get her belief that going for a Deal on Brexit is going to save them, right now I'm not really sure what is going to save them beyond the Brexit vote being more split than the Remain vote is.

If somebody could get Kate Hoey to lose her seat at the next election that would be great though, she can't exactly hide behind the "will of her constituents" line.
Yeah, I understand how they must feel, they are in a no win situation but do they believe in Brexit? there are also many other MPs in similar positions, Labour +Tory, they are fighting Brexit, they are prepared to let voters judge them on election day so am afraid I feel more sorry for the MPs who have stood up to be counted rather than the MPs who are prepared to deliver any Brexit in the hope it saves their jobs.

She’s a complete pain in the ass Oldfordie. I have some time for many politicians I fundamentally disagree with. She’s not one of them. My deep suspicion is she’s someone petrified of deselection.
She says shadow cabinet members have contradicted Labour policy over the last 2 yrs as the problem. ok, what was the Labour leader arguing 2 yrs ago. We must leave the Single Market and the Customs union. we have to be able to sign our own trade deals, we have to have control of immigration. am sure he said far more but thats enough to make a hard Brexit a certainty. the Labour party was f,, the day they allowed May to lay down all her red lines, they should of been challenged as they made a no deal a certainty.
Many remain Labour supporters hit the roof when Corbyn argued this, they were ignored.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:42:49 pm by oldfordie »
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2019, 11:56:38 pm »
She must be nice.
She is actually. Don’t comment if you don’t know the full story. Thanks.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #324 on: June 13, 2019, 12:27:24 am »
Honestly not the impression you'd get if you had chance to speak with her or listen to her talk at any length. I have disagreements with her on a ton of stuff, I don't think her constituents are secret communitarians just waiting to be woken to its merits, but she's genuine in where she's coming from and has worked with Corbyn's team on that basis in spite of also running Owen Smith's leadership bid. Labour and the Tories are built around a left/right split on how to run the country's economy but Brexit has pulled wide open other divides which don't fit on that axis. Two parties at a time when four parties are needed to cover all the bases.

I value your input and your judgement. I understand you have an inside track. Nonetheless, when it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and behaves like a duck, chances are it’s a duck.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2019, 01:13:25 am »
Boo fucking hoo to her.

She is asking for a deal where there isnt one and its not like she has anything or proposed anything to break the impasse. Its come to the point where she needs to pick a side. Tell the people who voted Leave to fuck off.

She is like many of the MP’s in that part of the world. They know they have a cushy job, realise that they dont have anything in them to earn that money in the private sector and so are trying to hang on to their jobs.

Labour need less MP’s like her and Snell.
To be fair I don't think anyone believed Brexit would rip the country in half so bitterly. many remain voters thought leave voters would start to change their minds when all the lies were ripped apart. what I do know is many of us understood why remaining in the EU was a no brainer. it's a shame the Labour leader believed he was only 7.5/10 in favour for remaining. it was a no brainer which means 10/10.
Brexit has shown us just how abysmal some of our MPs are including Corbyn.
He should of been out their campaigning with the same enthusiasm he showed when fighting to be leader of the Labour Party. if he had fully understood what Brexit actually meant then MPs like Lisa Nandy wouldn't have been placed in a no win situation.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2019, 07:31:01 am »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson set to row back on tax plan after Scottish backlash

Scots won’t pay for a tax cut for the wealthy in the rest of the UK, sources close to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson have said, after the Tory leadership frontrunner’s first big economic policy came under attack from rivals and opposition parties.

The plan to raise the threshold for the 40p tax rate from Ł50,000 to Ł80,000 sparked a major cross-Border row when it was unveiled on Monday, threatening to leave Scottish taxpayers footing the bill for a giveaway to workers south of the Border.

While tax rates are now devolved, Mr Johnson’s campaign said the Ł9.6 billion cost of the giveaway would be partly covered by an increase in national insurance contribution, which remain reserved to Westminster.

Under the plan, national insurance bills for those earning between Ł43,431 and Ł80,000 in Scotland are projected to rise by up to Ł3,000 with no corresponding drop in their taxes.

It prompted some Scottish Tories to call the plan “ill thought-out” and the First Minister to denounce the Conservative leadership race as a “horror show”.

The policy was defended by the Johnson campaign, which called on the SNP to match its proposal to prevent a gap of nearly Ł8,000 opening up between the tax bills of higher earners in Scotland and the rest of the UK.

But allies of Mr Johnson said the tax cut “can’t be funded through national insurance” and may need to be smaller than proposed.

Scottish supporters of the former foreign secretary are set to meet Liz Truss, tipped to become Mr Johnson’s Chancellor, to argue for the policy to be adapted to avoid hitting taxpayers north of the Border.

A source described the tax cut as an “aspiration” and suggested a threshold for the 40p rate of Ł60-65,000 could be introduced instead.

The comments come as the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) published analysis that said the tax cut would produce an increase in the Scottish Government’s budget because of the way that devolved tax powers were structured. IFS associate director David Phillips said the Scottish Government “actually gets a budget boost because of the income tax cut in the rest of the UK”.

“Scotland’s fiscal framework means the reduction in tax bills and revenues in the rest of the UK translates into higher block grant funding for the Scottish Government,” Mr Phillips said.

“This would allow for higher spending on public services north of the Border. Or for the Scottish government to cut its own taxes – perhaps matching Mr Johnson’s proposed cut to income tax for high earners.”

Scottish finance secretary Derek Mackay claimed the plan was a “disaster for Ruth Davidson” and called on the Scottish Tory leader to disown it.

“The SNP has used the tax powers at our disposal to ensure that Scotland is the fairest tax part of the UK and for a majority of people it is also the lowest tax part of the UK,” Mr Mackay said.

“Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s plans mean that, not for the first time, our efforts to make Scotland fairer and more prosperous will be undermined by a reckless, right-wing Tory government at Westminster.”

He added: “Ruth Davidson must immediately make clear – does she support Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s tax hike?

“If she doesn’t, will she instruct all 13 of her MPs to vote against any UK Budget in which these outrageous tax plans are included? Or will she simply fall in to line with the Tory leadership and forget about her previous statements, as she so often does?”

Meanwhile, Labour will today lead a cross-party bid to seize control of the parliamentary agenda and prevent the next Tory leader from suspending Parliament to push through a no-deal Brexit.

Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said Labour would use its opposition time today to try to give control of Parliament’s agenda to MPs on 25 June.

The motion has been backed by the Westminster leader of the SNP Ian Blackford, Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable and Tory former minister Sir Oliver Letwin, as well as Plaid Cymru and Green MPs.

Labour said if the motion passes, MPs will be able to legislate to avoid a no-deal Brexit at the end of October. “It would prevent a future prime minister proroguing Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit against the wishes of MPs,” a source said.

It comes after a number of high-profile contenders for the Tory leadership, including Mr Johnson, said they would be prepared to take the UK out of the EU without a deal if no new agreement had been reached by 31 October.

Sir Keir said: “The debate on Brexit in the Tory leadership contest has descended into the disturbing, the ludicrous and the reckless ... MPs cannot be bystanders while the next Tory prime minister tries to crash the UK out of the European Union without a deal and without the consent of the British people.”

SNP MP Stephen Gethins said proroguing Parliament to push through no deal would be a “democratic outrage”.

“The office of Prime Minister must not be hijacked by a hardline no-deal Brexiteer and Scotland’s economic and social interests must not be left to the whims of a Tory leadership contest intent on inflicting their own extreme and damaging versions of leaving the EU,” Mr Gethins said.

Launching her leadership campaign yesterday, Andrea Leadsom said Speaker John Bercow did not have the power to block a no-deal Brexit.

Mrs Leadsom, who had a long-running feud with the Speaker in her role as Commons Leader, said “it’s simply not the case that the Speaker has the means to stop a no-deal exit”. She set out her plan for a “managed exit” and said leaving the EU on 31 October was, for her, a “hard, red line”.

“I do not believe that it’s possible for Parliament to prevent a no-deal exit,” she said. “It’s the legal default position.”

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/boris-johnson-set-to-row-back-on-tax-plan-after-scottish-backlash-1-4945652

Who would have thought that one of Boris' plans was not thought through? I pointed out this problem when the policy was announced and seems like Boris has now realised that making Scots pay up to an extra Ł3000 a year in NI without any benefit at all is not a good strategy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:36:00 am by Just Elmo? »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2019, 07:36:49 am »
I can see it now - 2020: The Year of the Citizens' Assembly. After the brief but disastrous Boris premiership, and the ultimately futile Corbyn Christmas interregnum, new PM Rory decrees 100 representative citizens will be placed into isolation to sort this whole thing out. The EU, already signed up for an extension, watch on. The chosen few are led into the Big Brother house to stay locked away, debating the merits of various proposals. In a sop to the ERG, 'Revoke' and 'Peoples Vote' are forbidden to be discussed. And in a countersop to the moderates/Liberals etc, No Deal cannot be recommended.

The brave Assemblyfolk, the weight of the nation on their shoulders, debate and argue their way through 2020. Finally, on December 31st, a bleary-eyed chairperson emerges in front of the nation. To rapturous applause, they announce that a plan has been agreed. A hush falls over the crowd, and millions watching at home strain to hear the roadmap for Britain's glorious future:

"We ask the EU to look again at the backstop."

We need to get this lad in;

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2019, 07:38:22 am »
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/iain-dale-interviews-esther-mcvey/

I dont normally put links to this station but this interview is priceless

She stated International Aid gets wasted and used somebody building a runway into the wind as an example, when Ian Dale asked where ?  It seems she said oh somewhere on the continent or in one of the continents. The woman is a bigot, she is dangerous and thick,  so a prime candidate for PM

She's not a very nice person.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2019, 08:10:58 am »

I mean, how bad could it be??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2019, 09:52:59 am »
https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/boris-johnson-set-to-row-back-on-tax-plan-after-scottish-backlash-1-4945652

Who would have thought that one of Boris' plans was not thought through? I pointed out this problem when the policy was announced and seems like Boris has now realised that making Scots pay up to an extra Ł3000 a year in NI without any benefit at all is not a good strategy.
That was well-spotted.  It’s another thing that should disqualify him from high office.  When you put them all together, you wonder what the benefits are supposed to be.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2019, 10:46:03 am »
It's quite embarrassing to see the Daily Telegraph shill so hard for one of it's columnists.  It's the Fox News of the UK print media. I know it's always been the Daily Torygraph, but it's abandoned any pretence at being a straight newspaper. 

Allison Pearson is a fucking witch too.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:12 am »
It's quite embarrassing to see the Daily Telegraph shill so hard for one of it's columnists.  It's the Fox News of the UK print media. I know it's always been the Daily Torygraph, but it's abandoned any pretence at being a straight newspaper. 

Allison Pearson is a fucking witch too.

Yep, they'll love the reflected glory of one of their columnists getting the top job
Believer

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2019, 10:59:35 am »
The headline is great as if he remembers anything but his duty to his own ego, a man so unfit for high office that he makes the rest of the list appear almost tolerable.  :no
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2019, 11:01:02 am »
Did they ever find where the money for the vanity bridge went?

A man who it seems was happy to be of help to someone who wanted to assault another person,

Someone who was such a disaster in the foreign office that he became a standing joke amongst the civil servants,

A man who constantly engages his mouth rather than his brain,

A liar, a cheat, a serial adulterer, a mysogonist, a racist, a man who consistantly lied about Hillsborough and insulted the victims and their families,  a first rate massive arse -hole, and he is favourite for number 10 .

Oh to be alive and witness this epic contest.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:53:15 pm by Mutton Geoff »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2019, 11:37:31 am »
I 100% get that a lot of Labour MPs in leave voting seats are looking pretty precarious to put it mildly, but I don't get her belief that going for a Deal on Brexit is going to save them, right now I'm not really sure what is going to save them beyond the Brexit vote being more split than the Remain vote is.

They're playing into the hands of the Brexit fuckwits by elevating the whole EU question into No1 status way above consideration for all other policies.

Even if a majority of people in that forsaken shitpit that is Wigan want to leave the EU, I seriously doubt that anything like most of those who consider themselves Labour voters would totally disregard other policies, like the NHS, public services being obliterated, policing numbers & crime, etc enough to totally abandon Labour and vote for a Frog-faced c*nt peddling Thatcherite policies, simply because he wants to leave the EU at whatever cost.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2019, 11:39:33 am »
I'll also add that although I hated him at the time, and still despise most of his policies and opinions, I have to admit that the Tory Party (and, given the next Tory leader would be PM, the country) is crying out for a Tory politician with the intelligence, integrity and ability of John Major.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2019, 12:56:44 pm »
A bloke on Politics Live said thousands have joined the Tory party over the last few months, it maybe up to 70,000 to take the membership to 160,000, so they can vote on the leadership election and o'neil just says that's interesting

No screaming of Ukip enterism, Labour had it, none stop day after day about new members joining to vote for Jeremy they purged 1000s and banned 10a of thousands by changing the rules at the last moment.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2019, 01:06:56 pm »
Johnson got 114 vote closest to him Hunt with 43.

Harper, Leadsom and Mcvey are knocked out.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:09:16 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2019, 01:11:11 pm »
Johnson got 114 vote closest to him Hunt with 43.

Harper, Leadsom and Mcvey are knocked out.

Every cloud

Detest her
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »
He’s going to be our next PM.
Internet terrorist

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2019, 01:12:51 pm »

He's not the PM the country needs, but he's what it deserves.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2019, 01:16:47 pm »
A bloke on Politics Live said thousands have joined the Tory party over the last few months, it maybe up to 70,000 to take the membership to 160,000, so they can vote on the leadership election and o'neil just says that's interesting

No screaming of Ukip enterism, Labour had it, none stop day after day about new members joining to vote for Jeremy they purged 1000s and banned 10a of thousands by changing the rules at the last moment.

The entryism has been obvious in the Tory party for a while, not that it probably makes too much difference given the views most of their members already held

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2019, 01:17:05 pm »
Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove: 37

Matt Hancock: 20

Mark Harper: 10

Jeremy C*nt: 43

Sajid Javid: 23

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: 114

Andrea Leadsom: 11

Esther McVey: 9

Dominic Raab: 27

Rory Stewart: 19

Those in bold eliminated

He's going to be PM and that is terrifying. Especially with a opposition party as impotent as it currently is

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2019, 01:17:16 pm »
He's not the PM the country needs, but he's what it deserves.

Absolutely.

It does look like a done deal. That said, a lot of MP's are very much anti Boris. You just have to wonder how many votes will migrate to whoever is in 3rd and 4th place in an attempt to stop the buffoon getting onto the final membership vote.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2019, 01:17:23 pm »
I hope Johnson wins it will make for an interesting GE for a start his seat is very touch and go with a 5,000 majority.

And so much to work with, in the racist, sexist and bigoted things he as said in the past.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2019, 01:20:19 pm »

Yes, it would need something to blow up massively to stop him now.

The only question is who else will make the last 2, Hunt or Gove (probably Hunt), either way that will be an easy win with the members for Johnson.

At this stage even more MPs are going to rally behind him, as he has one hand on the top job already and they will all want ministerial jobs

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2019, 01:25:25 pm »
Will be interesting to see where the Harper lot go.

Definitely want Boris to get the job ahead of the others. Gaffes galore.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2019, 01:27:04 pm »
I hope Johnson wins it will make for an interesting GE for a start his seat is very touch and go with a 5,000 majority.

And so much to work with, in the racist, sexist and bigoted things he as said in the past.

Its Trump 2.0, a sizable part of the electorate no longer seems to give a shit how odious a candidate is, its not as if I can think of any senior UK politican who has good favourables/unfavourables at present.

I still wouldn't be shocked if he went for an early GE if he can consolidate the Brexit vote.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2019, 01:33:44 pm »
Delighted that Javid was as low as he was.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2019, 01:36:34 pm »

His affairs, the pressuring his conquests into having abortions, the 'love'-child.

Alastair Campbell would have had a field day orchestrating the dark arts anti-PR campaign against this fat serial-adulterer twat.

With the Tories almost certainly hardening further towards Brexit now, Labour's only chance of preventing an electoral wipe-out is to go fully remain.

But that pillock Corbyn will probably keep steering his sinking ship towards the rocks called 'deliberate ambiguity'.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2019, 01:39:46 pm »
Its Trump 2.0, a sizable part of the electorate no longer seems to give a shit how odious a candidate is, its not as if I can think of any senior UK politican who has good favourables/unfavourables at present.

I still wouldn't be shocked if he went for an early GE if he can consolidate the Brexit vote.
If he can get his mate Frottage to step down (for a significant price) he will achieve that and then go for a GE, certainly my read of his tactics.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2019, 01:41:52 pm »
If he can get his mate Frottage to step down (for a significant price) he will achieve that and then go for a GE, certainly my read of his tactics.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I think that is how a lot of Tory MPs are reading it as well, why is Johnson suddenly seen as the man who can nullify the Brexit Party, even though there are others in the racee with more credible credentials for batshit crazy views on Europe.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2019, 01:48:25 pm »
Johnson is terrifying. As a person of course, but also as daily proof of the concept of an untouchable politician. The Trump comparisons are fitting. Both can do anything and get away with it. What would be career defining blunders for others are instead laughed about and forgotten. That being the case it's basically a foregone conclusion at this point, he's the next Prime Minister.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2019, 01:48:43 pm »
I think that is how a lot of Tory MPs are reading it as well, why is Johnson suddenly seen as the man who can nullify the Brexit Party, even though there are others in the racee with more credible credentials for batshit crazy views on Europe.

Nah, Frottage isnt giving up this opportunity now. The Brexit party will be gunning for the Tories next time around.

The only reason the Tories are banding around Johnson is because they think he is popular and can charm the public into an election win.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #355 on: June 13, 2019, 01:58:55 pm »
Updated OP. Not a huge amount of newly-free votes to go around to bolster the low achievers for the next round, who'll now need 33 votes to stay in contention. Given that all 3 of the eliminated contenders were leavers (although Harper seemed fairly pragmatic about it) I can't see too many dropping in for Stewart or Hancock. Javid probably not making the gap up either. I predict Raab will just about squeeze through to round 3 with the top 3.

Apparently the Boris campaign were worried about a lot of vocal supporters not actually voting for him, so much so that they were insisting that MPs take a photo of the ballot paper to prove they had turned out for him.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #356 on: June 13, 2019, 01:59:19 pm »
@PolhomeEditor
Woah. Rory Stewart says that if PM Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson prorogued Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit "we will hold our own session of Parliament across the road in Methodist Central Hall and we will bring him down".

Who will gain control of the TV station and the airport though? And which side will the army go with?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 13, 2019, 02:00:11 pm »
@PolhomeEditor
Woah. Rory Stewart says that if PM Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson prorogued Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit "we will hold our own session of Parliament across the road in Methodist Central Hall and we will bring him down".

Who will gain control of the TV station and the airport though? And which side will the army go with?

Stewart tries a bit too hard, doesn't he?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 13, 2019, 02:01:21 pm »

You hope a racist wins?  Ok
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 13, 2019, 02:02:29 pm »
@PolhomeEditor

19 votes for Stewart is significant though

It’s essentially 19 Tory votes against no deal.  That ‘should’ be enough to prevent no deal
W