Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 144093 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Brex-Factor - world's worst reality show... who will make it to no. 10?
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2019, 06:14:54 pm »
Apparently he pledged to answer any question the journalists put to him and wouldn't leave until there was nothing left to answer.

Well, from the quotes I've seen, he wants civil servants to bear in mind how they would feel about how a public service was being run if they had a family member using it.

But yeah, just grab a gag off Twitter to mock the only seemingly sensible person in the contest I guess.

I was just updating my post when you said this.

Oh no I mocked a Tory...... fuck him he still voted for all the things he now calls shameful.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:16:39 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:43 pm »
You'll be cheering him on tomorrow though Jizza.

He's been pretty impressive, certainly by current frontbench standards in Parliament. Citizens Assembly if Parliament can't come to a decision, that's the extension clause for the EU possibly covered beyond steering things to Andrex soft Brexit, and willing to do whatever with whoever to avoid 'no deal' and make the case against it.

That the Tory is a Tory, well, 'prudence' covers a lot of ground, doesn't it? Especially when promising infrastructure in the 'north' while 'living within our means'. He's an odd one.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2019, 06:39:07 pm »
Cabinet minister and Tory leadership candidate Rory Stewart says he 'hasn't seen the detail' of Labour's plan to block No Deal, but adds: 'My instinct is I would be entirely supportive of it'

That would be a sackable offence for a cabinet minister of course...

Blimey, he really is ploughing his own furrow...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2019, 06:39:17 pm »
You'll be cheering him on tomorrow though Jizza.

He's been pretty impressive, certainly by current frontbench standards in Parliament. Citizens Assembly if Parliament can't come to a decision, that's the extension clause for the EU possibly covered beyond steering things to Andrex soft Brexit, and willing to do whatever with whoever to avoid 'no deal' and make the case against it.

That the Tory is a Tory, well, 'prudence' covers a lot of ground, doesn't it? Especially when promising infrastructure in the 'north' while 'living within our means'. He's an odd one.

No, because he's against a 2nd referendum.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2019, 06:42:44 pm »
No, because he's against a 2nd referendum.

Ah, of course. Ta.

He's essentially running on a 'soft' Brexit or revoke platform then. Wonder how it'll play out in the secret ballots.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2019, 06:48:14 pm »
Ah, of course. Ta.

He's essentially running on a 'soft' Brexit or revoke platform then. Wonder how it'll play out in the secret ballots.

I imagine it will play out pretty shit for him.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:53 pm »
I imagine it will play out pretty shit for him.

;D 17 votes or bust. I reckon 15. Does have the feel of him running for something beyond this immediate leadership election. "I told you so" Conservative candidate 2020 or "No-one wanted Corbyn or any of the Labour frontbench" cross-bench choice 2019.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2019, 06:58:52 pm »
Surely a wild Male lion could take down a bear. It might be a close contest but my monies on the lion

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2019, 07:04:50 pm »
;D 17 votes or bust. I reckon 15. Does have the feel of him running for something beyond this immediate leadership election. "I told you so" Conservative candidate 2020 or "No-one wanted Corbyn or any of the Labour frontbench" cross-bench choice 2019.

Yep, I reckon he is doing this to raise his profile now to be the candidate if the Tories totally implode over Brexit and/or in the next general election. The new Cameron sort of figure.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:05 pm »
Is Rory Stewart sure he’s running for the leadership of the right party?

Shouldn’t he be taking about punishment and implying racism?  This is all a bit odd
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »
Surely a wild Male lion could take down a bear. It might be a close contest but my monies on the lion

I would have money on the lion to be honest.

Offline ScandinavianPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2019, 07:08:22 pm »
I would have money on the lion to be honest.

What sort of bear? Black, brown polar or grizzly?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2019, 07:08:55 pm »
Ah, of course. Ta.

Has he explicitly mentioned the possibility of revoking? I have him down as one of those "we must deliver Brexit otherwise riots/faith in democracy is dead" types.

Gyimah was the only candidate including Stewart that I feel warranted the praise the latter is getting from some Remainers/moderates.

Rory Stewart almost always voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24964/rory_stewart/penrith_and_the_border/divisions?policy=6764

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2019, 07:09:37 pm »
What sort of bear? Black, brown polar or grizzly?

I presumed the one out of The Revenant. Was that a brown bear?

Which one is the hardest?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 11, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »
Has he explicitly mentioned the possibility of revoking? I have him down as one of those "we must deliver Brexit otherwise riots/faith in democracy is dead" types.

Gyimah was the only candidate including Stewart that I feel warranted the praise the latter is getting from some Remainers/moderates.

Rory Stewart almost always voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24964/rory_stewart/penrith_and_the_border/divisions?policy=6764

Never understood why Gyimah even ran. Stewart is doing it for long term exposure but there is no universe that the Tories ever become full time remain.

Offline ScandinavianPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #255 on: June 11, 2019, 07:14:16 pm »
I presumed the one out of The Revenant. Was that a brown bear?

Which one is the hardest?

Polar, Kodiak and some Brown bears can be 500-650 kg while a male lion reaches perhaps 200?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 11, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »
That would be a sackable offence for a cabinet minister of course...

Blimey, he really is ploughing his own furrow...

Meh. He voted against taking no deal off the table on rhe 13th of March, when mutiple ministers (Rudd, Gauke, Greg Clarke etc) broke the whip and abstained.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2019-03-13/division/C4CB4309-B13D-416F-9BA6-725F2D428748/UK%E2%80%99SWithdrawalFromTheEuropeanUnion?outputType=Party

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2019, 07:19:48 pm »

There's way too much gush about Stewart, aye. Have some of Gyimah's ideas to read actually - was impressed (which is telling in itself) that he engaged with some work I was involved in re. North/South gap.

Revoking is the stick Stewart is proposing to use for a 'soft' Brexit carrot, isn't it? (Hypotheticals and all that). But those would be the two ultimate options for Parliament to decide between unless public mood has really, really shifted over the past year. As you say, he's been publicly opposed to revoking, referendums, and remaining.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:21:47 pm by Zeb »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2019, 07:20:32 pm »
My money's on Huggie Bear..... he looks like a baaaad mofo ;D

But he doesnt have the songs the Lion King has!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2019, 07:20:59 pm »
They had bear v lion on QI once, apparently they used to bring them in for bouts as entertainment in the Wild West - lions have a vulnerable spot on top of their heads and the bear somehow knows to home right in and mercilessly crush them.

NB that QI is often absolute bollocks, so I dunno if that actually settles anything.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2019, 07:26:28 pm »
There's way too much gush about Stewart, aye. Have some of Gyimah's ideas to read actually - was impressed (which is telling in itself) that he engaged with some work I was involved in re. North/South gap.

Revoking is the stick he'd use for a 'soft' Brexit carrot, isn't it? (Hypotheticals and all that). But those would be the two ultimate options for Parliament to decide between unless public mood has really, really shifted over the past year. As you say, he's been publicly opposed to revoking, referendums, and remaining.

So the oh-so-successful May approach?

I'd like to make clear that my respect for Gyimah is based on his Brexit stance alone, so if someone has read/does read that he's in favour of forcing homeless people to become chimneysweeps or something like that, please don't assume I endorse that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2019, 07:26:31 pm »
Polar, Kodiak and some Brown bears can be 500-650 kg while a male lion reaches perhaps 200?

Cant a Tiger beat a Lion?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #262 on: June 11, 2019, 07:27:02 pm »
I think Rory Stewart's backers have had a word then.

"For the avoidance of any doubt - I have read the Labour motion proposed for tomorrow and I will NOT be voting for it."

Getting to the debate stage is all, isn't it? ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2019, 07:28:40 pm »
Is Rory Stewart sure he’s running for the leadership of the right party?

Shouldn’t he be taking about punishment and implying racism?  This is all a bit odd

Might as well distinguish himself from the 9 other identical crazies. I mean, Andrea Leadsom or Esther McVey? They're both dangerous nuts. Johnson or Raab? Both uninformed idiots. Gove or Hunt? Just fucking no.

It'll be enough to come 7th or so I reckon.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2019, 07:30:32 pm »
I think Rory Stewart's backers have had a word then.

"For the avoidance of any doubt - I have read the Labour motion proposed for tomorrow and I will NOT be voting for it."

Getting to the debate stage is all, isn't it? ;D

Hahahahaha

80% of people* have been had by Rory.

*"I’m producing a number to try to illustrate what I believe"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2019, 07:30:53 pm »
Might as well distinguish himself from the 9 other identical crazies. I mean, Andrea Leadsom or Esther McVey? They're both dangerous nuts. Johnson or Raab? Both uninformed idiots. Gove or Hunt? Just fucking no.

Hunt is the most dangerous. He would dismantle the country but still be there when the earth is scorched.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2019, 07:31:41 pm »
A brown bear would absolutely destroy a lion every time, like it wouldn't even be close. Not sure about black bears as I know they are more timid.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2019, 07:37:08 pm »

For all the ministerial jobs he's had, what's he actually achieved that's been good?

All I remember from his time at the Department of Education are academies (which are shite IMO) and that "Trojan Horse" scandal. His time as Justice Secretary draws a blank. At DEFRA, he has the power to put forward a few environmentally-friendly crowd pleasers that David Attenborough has laid the foundation for but I don't recall anything he's stuck his neck out on the line for.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2019, 07:40:24 pm »
A brown bear would absolutely destroy a lion every time, like it wouldn't even be close. Not sure about black bears as I know they are more timid.
But I would not like to meet a black bear. After we left the US last summer, and the house was up for sale, the guy compiling the pest report had a freight when he happened upon a black bear in our garden. They were around, but my wife and I never saw one in our three years in that home.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:44:11 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2019, 07:42:41 pm »
Skellingtons in the cupboard for Raab.

If he wins this will obviously come out and he will be destroyed.

Almost want him to win now ;)
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2019, 07:45:46 pm »

Specifically?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2019, 07:46:12 pm »

I want him to win. He's the least annoying, open-to-no-deal (which I hope will push more MPs towards supporting a 2nd ref) non-Boris candidate.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #273 on: June 11, 2019, 07:47:30 pm »
Specifically?

There’s some kind of press injunction but I can for the life of me remember what the story is.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:20 pm »
There’s some kind of press injunction but I can for the life of me remember what the story is.
Sorry

Forgot the link

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1138499222133714949?s=21
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #275 on: June 11, 2019, 07:49:53 pm »
So the oh-so-successful May approach?

I'd like to make clear that my respect for Gyimah is based on his Brexit stance alone, so if someone has read/does read that he's in favour of forcing homeless people to become chimneysweeps or something like that, please don't assume I endorse that.

Haha. Should I say that I've not yet seen what his proposed housing strategy actually suggests yet...

re. May approach. I guess but he's looking to your favorite solution to provide a clearer "this is what people want" direction for Parliament. Know you hate the idea but I do see merit in citizens' assemblies in terms of offering some informed opinion to parliament. Just fuzzier for me on whether it's all a bit late to say "hold on, let's all learn about stuff" when so many MPs clearly haven't been arsed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:51:48 pm by Zeb »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2019, 07:59:03 pm »
For all the ministerial jobs he's had, what's he actually achieved that's been good?

All I remember from his time at the Department of Education are academies (which are shite IMO) and that "Trojan Horse" scandal. His time as Justice Secretary draws a blank. At DEFRA, he has the power to put forward a few environmentally-friendly crowd pleasers that David Attenborough has laid the foundation for but I don't recall anything he's stuck his neck out on the line for.

Look, you ever tried to do anything meaningful when you're coked off your tits?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2019, 08:00:11 pm »
Haha. Should I say that I've not yet seen what his proposed housing strategy actually suggests yet...

re. May approach. I guess but he's looking to your favorite solution to provide a clearer "this is what people want" direction for Parliament. Know you hate the idea but I do see merit in citizens' assemblies in terms of offering some informed opinion to parliament. Just fuzzier for me on whether it's all a bit late to say "hold on, let's all learn about stuff" when so many MPs clearly haven't been arsed.

I can't see 100 or so people (number based on this -- https://www.citizensassembly.ie/en/About-the-Citizens-Assembly/Who-are-the-Members/) possibly coming to the conclusion of a soft Brexit going down well with the Brexiteers who already make the claim that their fellow 17.4m fellow Leave supporters "knew what they were voting for" and that it was a hard/no-deal Brexit.

There's also bound to be conspiracy theories about the selection process for for the Assembly, which will undermine its credibility.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:02:08 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2019, 08:00:53 pm »
Look, you ever tried to do anything meaningful when you're coked off your tits?

Yes, I'm Chris Grayling.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2019, 08:03:18 pm »
Yes, I'm Chris Grayling.

Given his track record he probably put it in his ear rather than up his nose
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode