Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 261494 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats
« Reply #2840 on: February 11, 2022, 06:03:23 am »
Not sure what was worse, them leaving Van Dijk without a proper marker every game just a guy stood watching him from near the goal)or the amount of players that went down injured and shot back up when a foul was given.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2841 on: February 11, 2022, 08:16:48 am »
The downfall of James Maddison as a player to pantomime villain is of great amusement to me.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2842 on: February 11, 2022, 09:18:35 am »
The downfall of James Maddison as a player to pantomime villain is of great amusement to me.

Comfortably their best player this season though.

Fucking awful yesterday they were. I mean they were in the first game, an absolute crime we let them get away with anything let alone a win. Justin I thought was decent last night but the likes of Ndidi, Barnes, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Soyuncu etc have fallen off a cliff this season. And as a club they're legendary for downing tools, and they have with Rodgers. I'd be shocked if he's in charge at the end of the season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2843 on: February 11, 2022, 09:40:38 am »
Comfortably their best player this season though.

Fucking awful yesterday they were. I mean they were in the first game, an absolute crime we let them get away with anything let alone a win. Justin I thought was decent last night but the likes of Ndidi, Barnes, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Soyuncu etc have fallen off a cliff this season. And as a club they're legendary for downing tools, and they have with Rodgers. I'd be shocked if he's in charge at the end of the season.
There was a couple of things from his interview last night. One was his general demeanor, there was a look of resignation about him almost oh shit, this has happened before.

Then there was the comments about the central defence and how they'd have to seek solutions in the summer. First he didn't sound overly confident that he'd be there, but Rodgers used to say that coaching a defence was the easy bit and the rest more difficult?

I just get the impression it's not an area of strength for him and so he avoids it and hopes he can sign someone to delegate the responsibility to.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2844 on: February 11, 2022, 09:42:17 am »
There was a couple of things from his interview last night. One was his general demeanor, there was a look of resignation about him almost oh shit, this has happened before.

Then there was the comments about the central defence and how they'd have to seek solutions in the summer. First he didn't sound overly confident that he'd be there, but Rodgers used to say that coaching a defence was the easy bit and the rest more difficult?

I just get the impression it's not an area of strength for him and so he avoids it and hopes he can sign someone to delegate the responsibility to.

Soyuncu was on the bench last night, Evans is not going to be up to it when he returns and needs replacing anyway. Fofana might take a while to come back in. They basically need 3 new defenders and for at least 2 to settle very quickly.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: February 11, 2022, 09:45:09 am »
He definitely doesn't help himself, and 100% we've seen this before.

Ndidi and Amartey in defence with Soyuncu and Vestergaard on the bench. Thats a classic Rodgers 'you bought me this, I don't like it' trick.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2846 on: February 11, 2022, 09:50:09 am »
They're going to finish in a position much more in line with their wage bill than previous years
Champions league football on a mid table budget just isn't a thing
Sort of wish they'd made it one of the last two years even though I can't stand them as a club, just to prove it was possible to buck the tyranny of finance in the league
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 09:54:20 am by JackWard33 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2847 on: February 11, 2022, 09:53:44 am »
Soyuncu was on the bench last night, Evans is not going to be up to it when he returns and needs replacing anyway. Fofana might take a while to come back in. They basically need 3 new defenders and for at least 2 to settle very quickly.

He can feel aggrieved about Fofana. Really promising and then on the end of a shocking tackle in a pre season game. That’s obviously hurt them but is hardly the sole reason for them looking a soft touch at the moment.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2848 on: February 11, 2022, 09:58:30 am »
He definitely doesn't help himself, and 100% we've seen this before.

Ndidi and Amartey in defence with Soyuncu and Vestergaard on the bench. Thats a classic Rodgers 'you bought me this, I don't like it' trick.
As poor as Soyuncu has been, it's definitely an odd choice not to play natural centre halves and stick two midfielders in there - didn't pay much attention to us last season then did he?

Having a scan of Leicester forums, the fans have turned on him. Open discussion about who they want to replace him and a fair few seemingly convinced he's going to Utd in the Summer. They're very unhappy because apparently he keeps talking about Leicester 'needing a rebuild' which is somewhat odd given they've let him spend £60m on Strikers, they've retained Ndidi and Barnes, have Maddison who is talented (but not actually that good), and have spent heavily on full backs. Where's the rebuild needed other than defensive reinforcement? That's not a rebuild and Leicester fans seem to agree.

I think it has come to the point where the discussion is valid, albeit he has done a good job there overall. It's just when you look at the last calendar year, the FA Cup win is massive in making the time look a success, because their league form's been dreadful.

One another note, anyone else think Dewsbury-Hall has played very well against us in both games this season?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: February 11, 2022, 10:00:37 am »
They're going to finish in a position much more in line with their wage bill than previous years
Champions league football on a mid table budget just isn't a thing
Sort of wish they'd made it one of the last two years even though I can't stand them as a club, just to prove it was possible to buck the tyranny of finance in the league

I'd prefer that didn't happen, otherwise it adds to the sportswashers that they're not where they are because of having unlimited funds, they just built the right squad and anyone can do it.
Jurgen YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2850 on: February 11, 2022, 10:02:24 am »
As poor as Soyuncu has been, it's definitely an odd choice not to play natural centre halves and stick two midfielders in there - didn't pay much attention to us last season then did he?

Having a scan of Leicester forums, the fans have turned on him. Open discussion about who they want to replace him and a fair few seemingly convinced he's going to Utd in the Summer. They're very unhappy because apparently he keeps talking about Leicester 'needing a rebuild' which is somewhat odd given they've let him spend £60m on Strikers, they've retained Ndidi and Barnes, have Maddison who is talented (but not actually that good), and have spent heavily on full backs. Where's the rebuild needed other than defensive reinforcement? That's not a rebuild and Leicester fans seem to agree.

I think it has come to the point where the discussion is valid, albeit he has done a good job there overall. It's just when you look at the last calendar year, the FA Cup win is massive in making the time look a success, because their league form's been dreadful.

One another note, anyone else think Dewsbury-Hall has played very well against us in both games this season?
I agree, although it could be his name that stands out. My wife was working on her computer last night so just listening not watching and she though Dewsbury Hall was a stately home near Huddersfield.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2851 on: February 11, 2022, 10:06:30 am »

I'm not sure really. Schmeichel, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy are all 32+ so likely to need replacing very soon (should have been already). There's probably an acceptance that one or two will go, Tielemans being the obvious one. Considering how important those players are to how they play I can see why he'd call it a rebuild....but its not a smart thing to keep saying.

Its got massive echoes of us in 13/14 and then 14/15 to me. He's bought Daka, who is so different to Vardy. He's bought Soumare, who is so different to Tielemans. He seems to have this habit of having a very effective team, sometimes almost stumbling upon it, and yet when the time comes to replace he few players he has absolutely no idea how to do it. They should have been all over Danny Ings in the summer, and Ajer. They seem to have gone for Daka and Soumare purely because they were very highly rated and they could, without thinking for a minute how they'd fit in.

Leicester fans turn at the drop of a hat though, its their thing. There aren't many managers in the world who would have got them two top five finishes in a row and an FA Cup, and yet here they are hankering for Nigel Pearson to return.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: February 11, 2022, 10:08:15 am »

a fair few seemingly convinced he's going to Utd in the Summer.

That would be fantastic
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: February 11, 2022, 10:09:29 am »

Dewsbury-Hall keep popping up in some spots. His underlying number dont look too bad either
https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2854 on: February 11, 2022, 10:18:02 am »
Dewsbury-Hall keep popping up in some spots. His underlying number dont look too bad either
https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall
This is kind of what I was getting at, he could be the effective utility midfielder who would be able to cover Trent's positioning, although I think he's left footed which would be an issue in that specific instance. Leicester would also want loads for him even though he was in the Championship last season and is likely only playing because of injuries. Good passing numbers, good defensive numbers, terrific pressing. There's a bit of a Klopp player in there.

Its got massive echoes of us in 13/14 and then 14/15 to me. He's bought Daka, who is so different to Vardy. He's bought Soumare, who is so different to Tielemans. He seems to have this habit of having a very effective team, sometimes almost stumbling upon it, and yet when the time comes to replace he few players he has absolutely no idea how to do it. They should have been all over Danny Ings in the summer, and Ajer. They seem to have gone for Daka and Soumare purely because they were very highly rated and they could, without thinking for a minute how they'd fit in.
Nail on the head. To be honest, I didn't really think of the age profile of the squad. But considering the extensive signings he has made, whilst I can understand what he's getting at, is 4 or 5 players for the squad really a rebuild considering the key personnel they do have? Like you say, whether it is or whether it isn't, to consistently trot the line out will frustrate fans and owners alike and makes you look a bit stupid.

Rodgers is what Rodgers has always been - a great attacking coach who struggles to organise a defence and can't scout a player for toffee.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: February 11, 2022, 10:26:02 am »
Whoever signed off on Vestergaard should be looking for a career change. My suspicion is Rodgers, seems like a player he'd buy.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2856 on: February 11, 2022, 10:28:09 am »
Whoever signed off on Vestergaard should be looking for a career change. My suspicion is Rodgers, seems like a player he'd buy.
I weirdly feel the same. He's always been domestic-centric with his targets and Vestergaard looks like a Rodgers buy to me, whereas Daka and Soumare feel like scouting purchases/ recommendations.

It does seem at Leicester he's under the structure he fought so much against at Liverpool.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: February 11, 2022, 10:29:44 am »
I weirdly feel the same. He's always been domestic-centric with his targets and Vestergaard looks like a Rodgers buy to me, whereas Daka and Soumare feel like scouting purchases/ recommendations.

It does seem at Leicester he's under the structure he fought so much against at Liverpool.

Tall, cloggy footballers seems to be something Rodgers is partial to from time to time.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2858 on: February 11, 2022, 10:35:41 am »
This is the classic Rodgers meltdown that we also suffered under. He is now firmly in his "save his skin" phase where he will throw anything and anyone under the bus to keep himself in the job.

Still cannot believe he stabbed Colin Pascoe in the back, quite the sinister character.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2859 on: February 11, 2022, 10:40:27 am »
Think he will be gone at the end of the season.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: February 11, 2022, 10:41:10 am »
This is kind of what I was getting at, he could be the effective utility midfielder who would be able to cover Trent's positioning, although I think he's left footed which would be an issue in that specific instance. Leicester would also want loads for him even though he was in the Championship last season and is likely only playing because of injuries. Good passing numbers, good defensive numbers, terrific pressing. There's a bit of a Klopp player in there.
Nail on the head. To be honest, I didn't really think of the age profile of the squad. But considering the extensive signings he has made, whilst I can understand what he's getting at, is 4 or 5 players for the squad really a rebuild considering the key personnel they do have? Like you say, whether it is or whether it isn't, to consistently trot the line out will frustrate fans and owners alike and makes you look a bit stupid.

Rodgers is what Rodgers has always been - a great attacking coach who struggles to organise a defence and can't scout a player for toffee.

I agree. He's 50 next year and if he hasn't found a way of dealing with those flaws by now, it's unlikely he ever will.
He's not a young manager any more, look at the ages some of the great mangers were when they started winning big prizes.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2861 on: February 11, 2022, 10:43:06 am »

Yea if they dont extend Keita I think Liverpool would look for more of passing then dribbling type or one that does both more then leaning more dribbling We Will see.
Jones, Elliott is two super talented young guys. Morton dont know overall long term but will have info from training to evaluate, looked good in games.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2862 on: February 11, 2022, 11:25:33 am »
Rodgers is clearly an above average manager, especially when compared to the usual suspects: relegation specialist journeymen who loiter like vultures near the bottom of the table looking for easy pickings.

That said, he is not a great manager, and very far away from elite level. Reckon he's about Souness level, and I think has similar flaws.

I think he's probably peaked at this point. A good mid table manager who will dine out on a few bits of success for years, but lacking the nouse and pragmatism for a relegation fight. The kind of guy you replace with an Allardyce when things have gone tits up and you're fifth from bottom.

Not trying to be nasty, as I think he's currently still a very capable manager, but I think he'll slide after Leicester. He's not shown anything to suggest he's improved since his time with us, which is a crying shame as the PL needs more like him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2863 on: February 11, 2022, 01:58:54 pm »

Bertrand and Vestergaard where his too signings for sure, rather than those suggested by the club, he wanted them and got them.

How are they so awful as defending set-pieces, you’d think something would click with him, but they concede so many from corners.

Reckon the work they did between their FA cup loss vs Forest and last night was on how to con the referee by falling dramatically, with a well timed scream, at any opportunity. They did it 7 or 8 times to great effect.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2864 on: February 11, 2022, 02:16:13 pm »
Didn't he used to work under Jose? He's kinda falling the same amount of timespan per club as Jose anyway
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: February 11, 2022, 02:17:55 pm »
Good coach, maybe even a very good one. Poor manager.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2866 on: February 11, 2022, 03:06:36 pm »
Dewsbury Hall stood out the first time we played them this season, but I didn't think much of it and chalked it up to a one off performance. Impressed me again last night though, he looks like a tidy little player.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2867 on: February 11, 2022, 11:48:01 pm »
I agree, although it could be his name that stands out. My wife was working on her computer last night so just listening not watching and she though Dewsbury Hall was a stately home near Huddersfield.
Are you sure she wasn't readng Nick's Twitter feed?  ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: February 12, 2022, 12:44:39 am »
Looks a dead man walking. Eerily similar to his last days here. Maybe not as toxic yet, but it's trending that way.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: February 12, 2022, 07:36:29 am »
Good coach, maybe even a very good one. Poor manager.

Soon a brilliant pundit
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #2870 on: February 12, 2022, 05:10:07 pm »

Both Vestegaard and Bertrand were his choices, I mean they were Southampton players ;) It’s clear as day he’s lost the dressing room and I’d be shocked if he makes it past Easter…

Andy Brassell pointed out that several big European clubs are eyeing off Fofana in the summer now that he’s proven himself in England and will push hard for him assuming he recovers fine from that injury. I imagine he won’t be the only one that’ll have offers to go somewhere more desirable; going to be an interesting summer for them.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2871 on: February 13, 2022, 07:29:29 pm »
Watching that took me back to the days of not being able to defend a corner to save our lives and signing useless shite like Vestegaard in defense. I see Rodgers has learned nothing and I'll be surprised if he stays beyond this season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: February 13, 2022, 07:34:44 pm »
Soon a brilliant pundit
agreed, i'd love to see Gerry on MNF

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2873 on: March 7, 2022, 10:43:51 pm »
Looks like Brendan's hand picked recruitment person, Lee Congerton, was forced out and he went to Atalanta. Not sure if it means anything as far as him managing but his influence on transfers you'd figure would be diminished.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2874 on: March 7, 2022, 10:52:03 pm »
Looks like Brendan's hand picked recruitment person, Lee Congerton, was forced out and he went to Atalanta. Not sure if it means anything as far as him managing but his influence on transfers you'd figure would be diminished.

He's the fella Celtic fans were made up to get rid of. You can see why as they've done well since and Leicester have signed shite. Leicester were doing really well in the transfer market until Rodgers started demanding autonomy.

Letting Rodgers have anything to do with recruitment is always a mistake. And if he handpicks staff he appoints no marks or unqualified people. Behind the arrogance he's too insecure to appoint professionals who know what they're doing.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: March 8, 2022, 02:18:29 am »
Brendy seems to do well for a while, but the longer he's in a job the worse his team starts doing, it's baffling, he's got a decent squad, but the over reliance on Vardy who's now 35 (and increasingly injury prone) is starting to show.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #2876 on: March 8, 2022, 07:06:40 am »
Brendy seems to do well for a while, but the longer he's in a job the worse his team starts doing, it's baffling, he's got a decent squad, but the over reliance on Vardy who's now 35 (and increasingly injury prone) is starting to show.
That's because he's a good coach who can get the best of players, however he can't recruit to save his life. His teams stagnate or get worse as he replaces players and inevitably his entire persona starts to wear thin on the players.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: March 8, 2022, 09:02:12 am »
He's the fella Celtic fans were made up to get rid of. You can see why as they've done well since and Leicester have signed shite. Leicester were doing really well in the transfer market until Rodgers started demanding autonomy.

Letting Rodgers have anything to do with recruitment is always a mistake. And if he handpicks staff he appoints no marks or unqualified people. Behind the arrogance he's too insecure to appoint professionals who know what they're doing.
Congerton was appointed in May 2019 and since then they've signed Justin, Tielemans, Castagne and Fofana. Praet and Perez have been less successful, it's too early to tell with Daka and Soumare (though many neutrals seemed to think they were great buys in the summer). As far as I can see the signings were much the same as they've always been at Leicester: two-thirds good, one-third bad.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2878 on: March 8, 2022, 09:04:45 am »
Congerton was appointed in May 2019 and since then they've signed Justin, Tielemans, Castagne and Fofana. Praet and Perez have been less successful, it's too early to tell with Daka and Soumare (though many neutrals seemed to think they were great buys in the summer). As far as I can see the signings were much the same as they've always been at Leicester: two-thirds good, one-third bad.

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2879 on: March 8, 2022, 09:11:03 am »

Pretty sure he's not 'demanded autonomy' either but I think in these situations you just have to bow to the undoubted inside knowledge Fromola has.

They are what they are, good team if they have a bit of luck with injuries. This season they absolutely haven't (not that its not funny, it absolutely is considering the shit they amongst others gave us last season when we 'only had Van Dijk out'). Pereira, Justin and Fofana have all signed new contracts in the last few weeks, which is good business.